XML Data islands

Hi

I am trying to use XMLData Islands.

However I am not getting any supprot from VWD 2008 Express edition.
When I include the tag <xml> </xml> and place my xml data inside it...
It is not even indenting it and not able to give any suggestion in the
DOM script I am writing.

Is there anything wrong in the installation or Do I need to set any
settings?

-Cnu.

Consolidation of data
Help. I am a bit lost. I have a hugh list of customer's from two different databases. The client numbers will be the same, but the rating will differ. I want to compare the two and find out what are the conflicts. Please see example: A B C WEXFORD AUTOMOTIVIE 9514111 B WEXFORD AUTOMOTIVIE 9514111 B+ WILSHIRE HAIRCARE 9512211 C WILSHIRE HAIRCARE 9512211 C- What I want is for it to use the client numbers (B) as the main reference point and then compare column C, if there is a conflict between the data, I want it to kick the client number to a seperat...

XML Header

Writing data from excel to sql-server
I would like to write the values of A1 and B1 to a SQL-Server table every 10 seconds. How can I do this ? Best regards Svein Olav Steinmo There's only two ways I know of to do this. 1.) You have to create a link to the EXCEL sheet in question using MS SQL Enterprise Manager. Then create a scheduled job to run an SQL statement to update the SQL table. Note: Changes to the EXCEL file will update automatically through SQL link. 2.) Create an Access DB with links to the respective tables and worksheets. Create a PASS THROUGH query that updates the SQL table using the EXCEL data...

Importing external data in plain text row format
I have data in the following format: -------------------Begin Sample Data---------------------- Fernando E. Amuchastegui Office of the County Attorney 115 S. Andrews Avenue Suite 423 Fort Lauderdale 33301 954-357-7600 Voice 954-357-7641 Fax famuchastegui@broward.org Ronald J. Anania Law Offices of Ronald J. Anania 10910 S W 10th Court Davie 33324 954-476-9616 Voice 954-476-9693 Fax law1492aol.com Eric J. Anders Haley Sinagra Paul & Toland, P.A. 100 SE 3 Avenue Suite 1900 Fort Lauderdale 33394 954-467-1300 Voice 954-467-1372 Fax eanders@hsptlaw.com Hal B. Anderson Billing Cochran H...

Synchronizing and data evaluation
Hi, One of our customers found a possible & serious logical problem that might result banning the offline -functionalities from users. When users sync data from offline db to online database the data gets evaluated and the most fresh data by timestamp wins. Any data inputted online will use timestamp value from 'on save' -events 'modified on' -field for possible future evaluation. Problem is that data typed offline will get the evaluation timestamp from "Synced On" rather than "Modified On". Example: User 1 modified account "XYZ" yesterday ...

Newbie Questions
This must be incredibly easy, but I've poked around in most of the chart options I can find and haven't been able to see it. I have a sheet that looks something like: 6/11/05 6/12/05 6/13/05 ... Inventory Totals A 419 431 432 ... B 145 145 144 ... I'm charting only the values in the A row, 419, 434, etc. An appropriate range is shown on the Y axis. I have the X axis formatted as dates, but I get the dates 1/1, 1/2, etc. How do I tie the X axis labels to the dates in my data? Another question: This data will grow indefini...

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

show XML schema and values

Company Data Archive
I am looking at the product company data archive from Professional Advantage and wanted to see if anyone here has used the application and give me their feedback on it. Thank you ...

How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set?
How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set? On Jul 20, 5:26 am, libertyforall <r...@royhuff.com> wrote: > How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each > data set? Hi libertyforall, have a look at Jon Peltier's beatiful site, especially: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Have fun, cheers Michael ...

Moving a line chart data point revises data table value in Excel '
I recall a capability I used with Excel years ago that enabled me to create a line chart from a data table, then move the plot points on the chart to "smooth" the line, and the source data chart value would change with the corresponding new plotted point. I'd like to use that capability with Excel 2007 but can't find to activate it. Any power users know how? Thanks! Ed Ed, Microsoft decided that users didn't need that feature. More than likely, they were tired of support calls asking why the values changed when one dragged a data point...... No really, they took i...

data lable don't appear in chart bars appear without lable
I have created six panel charts work fine but charts in panel don't lables for bars, value do appears. ...

Offline synch using XML web-services

Threads which just read data
Hi, I have many threads in my program. I would like to know if it is safe to allow the threads access to a variable to just read its contents, without having a synchronizing object ? Could there be problems like memory corruption etc if I allow it ? I don't see any reason why it will be unsafe to allow threads to just read contents, without having a synchronizing object. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks, -Venkatesan On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:03:19 +0530, "Vengidi" <vengidi@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > I have many threads in my program. I would like to know i...

Pivot Table: deleted source data
Is it a common practice to delete the source data for a Pivot Table? Why do the Pivot Table maintain the data after the source is deleted? I was trying to reverse engineer a Pivot Table that was created in 2009. I kept seeing the source as a Summary sheet but it was not listed in the spreadsheet. I thought it was hidden and it was not.. So I experimented a little and created a Pivot and deleted the source and the data stayed in place but kept displaying the source that did not exist. Thanks, Ty On Jul 19, 12:20=A0pm, Ty <tyrone_...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is it a common practice to d...

String to xml document

Random data corruption
Subject: Re: Randowm data corruption Money 2002 From: "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 9/21/2004 8:51:59 AM I just did what you proposed but the data is still corrupted (no changes). What else can I do? I had a computer repair person here all afternoon running virus scans and there is no virus in my CPU.. >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> >wrote: > >>I use Money 2002 Deluxe & Business to manage 6 business >>bank accounts...

Beginner of XML

Default data directory?
Money 2004. How do I change the default directory where the Money data is kept? Thanks... Bobg Thanks for your help. That web page must not be kept very up to date though. The lead article is "What's new in Money 2003". Bob "Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_Peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:uXApLkWaDHA.1832@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Move the Money file *.mny to wherever you want it and then double click on > the file name in it's new location. Money will remember where it found it. > > -- > Regards > Bob Peel, > Microsoft MV...

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

Using ontime to plot data automatically
Hi I basically need to instruct excel to automatically plot the cell value of a given cell, each day at set time. So the two values would be the cell value and the date. The cell value on same days may be the same as the previous day. I thought using Excel's Ontime function may help performing a Macro that does this periodcially. In the root module of the workbook I've added: Private Sub Workbook_Open()13:00:00"), "MyMacro" End Sub On the spreadsheeet that has the value in A1 I've added the following code to a new module: Sub MyMacro() Application.OnTime T...

Data vs. forms & Unload/reload questions
A .mdb file seems to encompass both the database and all the 'code' (forms, modules, and logic) used to CRUD the data in the tables. 1) Is there any way to separate the database from the code into separate files, eg. the db is mydata.mdb and the 'code is in a separate file, eg. code.mdb? 2) Say you have v1.0 of an app and the tables and attributes are populated with data. You then go and build v2.0 of the app, adding tables and columns to what already existed in v1.0, and perhaps moving some of the v1.0 attributes into different tables. What is the recommended way to unload/reloa...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...