XML -> Access -> XML plus useful validation

I have an XML file that needs to fill 4 MS Access tables and then later
after processing I need to export back to the same structured but different
XML file.

I also have to validate the XML file before importing and after exporting,
and log errors.  I would like the validator to tell me which fields are not
validating and why so I can log rich error information.  I don't think MS
VS. NET gives me this with XML Validator.

What is the easiest way to do this?  (I have a tight deadline - am open to
purchasing a good component if .NET can't do this easily)

I use Paradox tables for all my schema tables and intermediate processing
and C# for code.
Any one have good examples?  (Total Newbie here)

Thanks,

0
jake6967 (1)

Using pictures in report
I have a report that prints over 100 pictures, from 2-10 pictures per record. In order to accomplish this with Access 2003, I saved the pathname for the pictures, exported the data to Excel and then used Publisher to make the actual report. If I were to use 2007, would I be able to do this report within Access, or would it be better to continue exporting the data, and doing the report in Publisher? Hope this makes sense. -rg You can do it with any version of Access back to version 2.0. Simply add a subreport with a record for each path, and an image control (or previous to Access 97, a...

Use of TreeView
Hi there, In order to visualize some data, I split a window into two collumns and use the left to indicate the data and the right to draw the pictures. I built an CMyTree, derived from CFormView. And I defined my imageList in Constructor, set them in OnInitialUpdata, but I got nothing when I used InsertItem in OnUpdate. At the beginning I got Asserts error when I run it, and later I just got an empty squair without a error message. Could anybody give me some suggestions on it? Thanks in advance! Rich Showing the code would help a lot. What do you mean by "nothing"? No tex...

Min Value using array ignores Zero
Im trying to search a two column list using the following formula. Its an array formula which I know not very much about.... {=MIN(IF((Sheet2!$F$3:$F$3500=E3)*(Sheet2!$J$3:$J$3500),(Sheet2!$J$3:$J$3500)))} Its working almost perfectly. The only problem Im having is if the values are, for example: 10 2 5 100 12 0 It will pick the 2 not the Zero. I need to be able to pick the Zero in cases such as this. Does anyone have hints on a tweak to the formula? Gavin -- mauddib ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mauddib's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Money Plus: making a payment on a loan against the principle
I've got a personal loan which I've taken out recently. The first payment is due in February. However, I just made a large payment and asked that the payment be applied to the principle of the loan, in order to reduce the amount of time it will take to pay off the loan. What I want to know is how do I enter this into Microsoft Money Plus 2008? Do I just have to enter the amount that I paid and Money will automagically "know" that it should be applied to the principle, or what? Rod Well, it depends on a lot of things. Let me give you the "best practices" ...

DESPARATE FOR EXAMPLE of modify node in xmlDocument using script in html
Hi, I've spent the past 2 days reading EVERYTHING I could find on this...but still foggy. If someone could give me an example of how to do the following: I have an xml doc (step-by-step instructions, not a data-type doc), transformed using an xsl stylesheet in an asp.net web control. In the html result, I have <step> elements, some of which have a user input textbox <measurement>. In the stylesheet, for each of these inputs I have a Verify button that appears next to the <measure> input box. HOW to I put the javascript or vb code into the xsl spreadsheet so that it wi...

Activate macro globaly plus
Hi, I have the same problem as CAM, but i would like to copy one line from each of workbook ( of same structure) and paste it to the SUM workbook, Each line has to be pasted into next line. So how to do it? I've read answer for CAM, so I can say that half of my job is done already. The remain problem is to paste lines one below the others into SUM workbook regards. Anka ...

How to use (SEND) different emails from outlook
hi, we all have our own email address in Exchange and in outlook shown as EXCHANGE aacount. now we would like to create info@company.com email address to SEND and receive from OUTLOOK. how can i create INFO account in OUTLOOK to send from it. Many Thanks In news:uF3t$6jBGHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Nihat Demir <nihatdemir@hotmail.com> typed: > hi, > > > we all have our own email address in Exchange and in outlook shown as > EXCHANGE aacount. now we would like to create info@company.com email > address to SEND and receive from OUTLOOK. how can i create INFO...

Use of variable to identify range of sheets in a workbook
My workbook is set up with sheets for each month. I would like to summarize different periods in a sheet at the end (YTD). I would like to set up two cells on the YTD sheet to receive my input for the start and end sheets (Jan05 and May05 for example). I would then set up the cells on the YTD sheet to calculate summaries for the ranges input--e.g., =sum(start date:end date). Can this be done? Is my question making sense? Thanks This would be a lot easier if all the data were on one sheet. You could add a column for month, then autofilter to reduce it to any particular month at will. ...

I want to use excel to keep track of my book collection, but I have a question...
Hi, I want to create a database of sorts using excel to keep track of my book collection, but I have a question. Essentially for each book listed on a row I want a column for each of the following: book title, author, publisher, year, and genre. I've used Excel before and have seen a spreadsheet with a worksheet like the above which had a second worksheet that had a button marked "Add book details" When you clicked it you filled the info above into a few boxes and then it would actually add the info you typed in, into the first worksheet and even sorted it into the corr...

Validation List not showing external source.
I have a external reference on a Data Validation but the list will not show up unless I have the external reference spreadsheet open. I can manually type in the exact selection and it works fine. Unless I have the refernced spread sheet open, I can not see the list options. Is there a fix for this or is this a limitation on Excel? Any work arounds? David, Did you find the answer? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

incremental counter using VBA
i need to generate a sequential number so that when i type 15 into on spread sheet, it keeps a record of the number on the next and the automatically issues me the next number, for example the number 1 would pop up next. i was told i need to use VBA to do this but i have very basic knowledge of microsoft excel and have no clue how to use it so please be very detailed and as simple as possible in your answer Thanks El -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Eli how are you using this? where you do want to enter the number 15 where do you want to see the number 16 - under what ...

Problem using Recurring Batch in Receivables Module
HI ALL, I'm just learning Great Plains and have a problem using Receivables. When I create a recurring batch, it works fine the first time. Problem is that the next time I post that batch it will post to the general ledger, but NOT to the receivable module. When I do an Inquiry -> Sales -> Transaction By Customer, I don't see that sale. Then I get into a catch-22: I can't correct in the Financial -> General -> Transaction Entry, because it was created in the Receivables Module. But I can't find it in the receivalbes module. What I DO see is that the sale is ...

Determine the name of the "in use" mailbox
I'm creating an auto responder in Outlook VBA. Outlook is connected to Exchange Server. Both are version 2000. There are several mailboxes in Exchange. The user on the PC sometimes opens a different mailbox. The VBA code needs to determine which mailbox is open so that it only runs when a specific mailbox is open. How can I programmatically determine the currrently active mailbox?? -OR- in other words, how can I determine the mailbox name usng VBA code? ...

About Receiving UDP/IP data Using CAsyncSocket
TO: microsoft.public.vc.mfc FM: yinyzh@sz.cathay.jp Question: In VC++ code, generally Receiving or Sending data is normal through using CAsyncSocket for UDP/IP communication, but sometimes UDP message is not received by my application. and we find that this UDP message has been sent to my host through using UDP/IP detect tool. that's to say, CAsyncSocket's onReceive event is not touch off. So I want to know if FD_OOB option is used when socket is created? Can you tell me what's about this question. and if not, which cause this question will arise. Thanks a lots!! 2004-11...

Using ontime to plot data automatically
Hi I basically need to instruct excel to automatically plot the cell value of a given cell, each day at set time. So the two values would be the cell value and the date. The cell value on same days may be the same as the previous day. I thought using Excel's Ontime function may help performing a Macro that does this periodcially. In the root module of the workbook I've added: Private Sub Workbook_Open()13:00:00"), "MyMacro" End Sub On the spreadsheeet that has the value in A1 I've added the following code to a new module: Sub MyMacro() Application.OnTime T...

problem using OWA remotely
I can use OWA locally. I can ping the public IP address of my Ex2k3. But http://public-IP-address/exchange produces in (a) IE6, "The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings." (b) Firefox 1.0.6, "Connection was refused when attempting to contact public-IP-address" Can someone shed light on this, please? More info would be helpful. Do you have a firewall between the server and the outside world (please say yes ;-) ) Do...

Create Dependent Lists using an INDEX function??
I am a really rookie when it comes to Excel but have managed to create an order form with three drop down lists using the INDIRECT function and the instructions on the following wonderful page: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html#TwoWord My problem is that I want to convert the spreadsheet into a webpage and the Spreadsheet Convertor does not support the INDIRECT function. It suggests using the INDEX function instead. Could anyone point me in the right direction. Many thanks Hi, What does your INDIRECT function look like, exactly? -- If this helps, please click the Yes but...

Using formula to calculate data source range
Is there any way to referencing to data source range with formula? For example I would like to insert this formula to the data surce page (if it would be possible) : =Address(32;12;1;True;"DEF_Montly")&":"&address(32;DEF_Monthly!$A$1;1;True) its value is: "DEF_Monthly!$L$32:$Q$32" So this way I could expand or reduce the range dinamically. Can anyone help me? Edit. You can't link the whole data range of a chart to a dynamic range like this; Excel accepts the name but converts it into a non-dynamic cell address. You can link the X and Y values of...

Excel used for exam questions?
Are there any examples of Excel (or maybe Access) used for general exam (or revision) questions? Pointers, anyone? For a simple example, randomly select two numbers from two lists provided, and ask the candidate to multiply/divide/whatever operation, and insert answer; evaluate the given answer. I've Googled, but only come up with exams ON Excel, not exams USING Excel. Simple examples would be appreciated. Thanks Pedro ...

Using the CHtmlView object with Print Preview (ExecWB)
I have a problem. When the user clicks a button on my application, I create a hidden CHtmlView object, export some data as HTML and load it into the browser. This is all done inside my dialogues button message handler. I then want to invoke the print preview using ExecWB but nothing works. I found out that if I post a button click message to another hidden button and do the ExecWB from there that the preview will display. I also found that I must delete and re-create the hidden browser for the preview to synchronize corectly. My problem is that one some computers I am being told that...

How to check "." character OnKeyDown event using PreTranslateMessa
I want to make a barrier for my CEdit control so that if user input "." character, it will be rejected. How to check it? I use the PreTranslateMessage like this: BOOL CEditExt::PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) { // TODO: ここに特定なコードを追加するか、もしくは基本クラスを呼び出してください。 if ( pMsg->message == WM_KEYDOWN ) { if ( pMsg->wParam == VK_RETURN ) { CString sText; sText.Empty(); if ( GetWindowTextLength() != 0 ) { GetWindowText(sText); m_pItem->m_dValue = atof(sText); } GetParent()->SetFocus(); return TRUE; } else if ( pMsg->wParam == VK_ESCAPE ) ...

populating a cell using 3 other cells
hello, i have 3 cells with with the following values: frame, 0 10. I need th fourth cell to appear as" frame 0; frame 1; frame 2; frame 3; frame 4 frame 5; frame 6; frame 7; frame 8; frame 9; frame 10" this needs to be all in a single cell. how would I go about doing this? thx yan -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may use the following user defined function: public function combine_it(start_rng as range,end_rng as range,text_rng as range) dim i as imteger dim ret_value for i = start_rng.value to end_rng.value if ret_value="" then ...

Additonal Autoformats using PivotTable
I was wondering if anyone knew of any additional autoformats for PivotTables that are available outside of the ones that come with Excel 2002? Thanks, Chutton ...

Unable to use original text prefix character
I want to use a '>' to prefix original text in replies and forwards. I have it set up to do so in my options, but it still just uses the blue bars around the original text. I think the options are just being ignored. Even if I force plain text format, it still composes in HTML unless I change it manually in the new message's toolbar. Anyone have any ideas on this? My IT guy cleared my profile and it had no effect on the problem. Thanks! waterrockets@gmail.com <waterrockets@gmail.com> wrote: > I want to use a '>' to prefix original text in replies and fo...

"In Use" exception on XMLDocument.Save
When using XMLDocument.Save(strFileName) in .NET 2005, is there a way to check (or trap) and see if the file is in use by another. I am using VB.NET. Currently it just bombs and says the filename is in use by another. I want to check or trap for this rather than blow-up. I tried using a Try...Catch, but it bombs deep in the DOM, where I don't have control of it. Here is the Code Me.XMLDocument.Save(strFileName) Terry wrote: > I tried using a Try...Catch, > but it bombs deep in the DOM, where I don't have control of it. > > Here is the Code > > Me.XM...