XML 2004 shows international side of XML

XML 2004 Shows International Side to XML
Alexandria, Va. - Oct. XX, 2004 - IDEAlliance, a leading industry association
dedicated to fostering XML and other information technology standards, today
announced that XML Conference and Exposition 2004 will feature more than 40
international speakers and exhibitors showcasing XML technologies and solutions
from around the globe.  XML 2004 is slated for November 15-19 at the Marriott
Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C.
Proving that XML is truly an international solution to many of today's IT and
business problems, XML 2004 has talks on many varied subjects given by speakers
from around the world. There will be talks on how governments in different
countries are using XML to deliver citizen services faster and more cheaply, as
well as presentations covering research in deeply technical fields. Current hot
topics such as Web services will be addressed by experts from Europe as well as
the United States and Canada, so that attendees can be sure of hearing
information that is applicable anywhere.
"We're thrilled by the international flavor of this year's conference," says
XML 2004 Conference Chair Lauren Wood.  "The quality and variety of the
presentations are outstanding, and clearly demonstrate how XML has evolved into
a true international standard."
Tutorials on international issues are planned, as well as tutorials given by
international experts. And the exhibit floor will feature exhibitors from
around the world, enabling attendees to judge an unprecedented number of
international XML-based products and technologies.
For information on exhibiting at XML 2004, visit
www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2004/exhibits.html.
For information on sponsorship opportunities at XML 2004, visit
http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2004/sponsorship.html.
For general information and to register to attend XML 2004, visit
http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2004/registration.html. .
About IDEAlliance
IDEAlliance (International Digital Enterprise Alliance) is a not-for-profit
membership organization. Its mission is to advance user-driven, cross-industry
solutions for all publishing and content-related processes by developing
standards, fostering business alliances, and identifying best practices.
IDEAlliance has been a leader in information technology since 1966 (founded as
Graphic Communications Association) having fostered the development and
adoption of standards such as ADIS, GRACoL, ICE, JIFFI, Mail.dat, papiNet,
PRISM, PROSE XML, SPACE XML, SGML, and XML. Learn more about IDEAlliance at
www.idealliance.org.

#	#	#

0
marionell (14)

XML Header

Preventing Recipient Names from Showing
I have a long list of people I am addressing a message to. I want the recipient to see that it is coming to them, but not be able to see anyone else's name/address that it's being sent to. I've tried the BCC field but then even the recipient does not see that it was sent to them. I'm afraid they will think it is junk mail if they don't see it addresses to themselves. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail for other options -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick...

New on-line services at institution but Money 2004 doesn't show th
Fairly recently my credit card issuer added online account download services. I have gone to the institution and used it to download a qif file. But when I click on this institutions name in the list presented by on-line services manager it doesn't show any services. (The name is in the list.) Is there a process where the list is updated with newly offered services? If so, how long should it take for a new one to appear. Or is there someone I can notify with the name of the institution who can then add the service. Thanks -- Harris S. Freeman Alliance Strategies and Programs ...

Read XHTML into XML

Outlook "To" line does not show email address
Hi all, I just swapped out a clients PC (XP Pro/Outlook 2003) due to the mainboard going out. Once I got her Office apps reinstalled and Outlook going she stated that she now only sees the recipients name in the "To": line when sending or forwarding email. She said she used to have both the name and email address when she used her contacts to get addresses. Is there a way to get this back for her? Thanks, Frank are the names coming from the contacts? You typically won't see the name-email address format until you've sent a message to that person as that is stor...

How to invoke the xml editor?

Validation List not showing external source.
I have a external reference on a Data Validation but the list will not show up unless I have the external reference spreadsheet open. I can manually type in the exact selection and it works fine. Unless I have the refernced spread sheet open, I can not see the list options. Is there a fix for this or is this a limitation on Excel? Any work arounds? David, Did you find the answer? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

show XML schema and values

Offline synch using XML web-services

OWA & RPC over HTTP with ISA Server 2004.
Hi, I tried posting this in ISA Publishing but didn't get any responses, so sorry for the double post but I'm getting kind of desperate on this now. We have ISA server 2004 sitting in our perimiter network, we have a front and back end exchange 2003 SP1 setup withing our corporate domain. I have OWA published and working throught the ISA server and currently we are trying to publish the RPC over HTTP ruleset. Is there a recommended way of doing this? I have searched both MS Knowledge base and google and either I can't get my search terminology just right or there isn't ...

Office 2004 programs won't launch
My wife has a Macbook that has consistantly had trouble launching any office application. If you double click on ANY office application (including updaters or install scripts), the icon bounces for a moment and then nothing (it goes back it's original state). I have tried everything I could think of, including: - Remove all copies of office any office files I can find - repair permissions with disk utility - Reinstall (can only drag copy to reinstall as the install program exhibits the same behavior) Rinse and repeat... This is causing a great deal of grief (I suggested that she buy the...

String to xml document

an option to show inactive contacts on the associated view
There need to be a way to display inactive contacts in the associated contacts view. Likely the best way is to have a dropdown much like on the associated views for opportunities or orders where you can apply different filters to the associated contacts view. Except the default for the dropdouwn would need to be configurable at least on the organization wide basis. The change that was made in 3.0 is bad, customers choose not to use Inactive status for contacts due to the fact they cannot see all Contacts linked to the account, instead they create a custom status field to track contact ...

re-installing Office 2004 for Mac Student and Teacher Edition
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently wiped my iMac and then did a clean reinstall of everything. I'm now running OS 10.5.6 All other software is running properly but not Office. After I loaded Office 2004 for Mac Student and Teacher Edition I found I can't enter any User Information in the setup assistant-- not my name, not the product key. What gives? ...

Bars not showing up
I am trying to create a bar chart that shows the square footage of particular buildings and when they expire. I have my X axis as the expiration years and the Y axis as the square footage. I cannot get each building to show up on my chart. Please help. Since you're doing bar instead of column, are you sure you don't have the axis reversed? "jridgley1207" wrote: > I am trying to create a bar chart that shows the square footage of particular > buildings and when they expire. I have my X axis as the expiration years and > the Y axis as the square footage. I c...

Beginner of XML

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

Register Shows Negative Balances
Using MNY2003 Deluxe on XPpro. While viewing my checkbook register, the Balance column is showing negative (red within parenthesis) balances. This began, I think, after I did some sorting by clicking on various register column headings. Any suggestions/thoughts about what went wrong and how to fix? I am certain that my running balance(s) have not fallen below zero going back as far as July in year 2004. The negative balances show up within (R)econciled transactions as well "E" and "C" transactions. Thanks. ~Vince~ On Long Island, NY Vince wrote: > Using MNY...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

money 2004 deluxe rebate #2
I've had this sort of thing happen to me before with a different rebate. I run everything through the scanner now, including the envelope! I write my name and address on the back of all product box part request. Why you might ask? Because our country is just full of thieves. Trust me on this. America God bless her, is the most tempted by Satan and Satan will use drugs, alcohol, money and sex to get what She wants. Trust me on this! Even the people who work in rebate centers are tempted by Satan. If you don't believe in God then I'll pray for you. If you do believe in God ...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

Can I upgrade MSO 2004 Student to 2008?
Hello, I'm waiting on a macbook for my 15 year old daughter who is going into high school. Completely new to macs and looking forward to this - but need some advice please... 1. I need to get her Office 2004 Student. Can I upgrade this to 2008 when it comes out or do I have to buy a whole new copy? Cannot find this info anywhere. 2. Searching Google for "Leopard Office 2004 problems" is pretty scary - any advice on best practice for max stability? I have no idea how Windows Update works on a Mac. (And how you get Leopard patches...so to speak..:-) 3. I'm not very sec...

How do you get a conditional output to show in color
I need to have dates that have past show in red on my spread sheet. Can I do that with an IF statement? Have a look at Conditional Formatting in Help, its all there and it will do that with no problems, Regards, Alan. "Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A70AC164-DCD3-4439-A07C-AD54BB64A740@microsoft.com... >I need to have dates that have past show in red on my spread sheet. Can I >do > that with an IF statement? ...

Create a new 2005 data file with 2004 settings.
Hello: I am using Money 2004. I would like to create a new data file for 2005 but retain my settings from the 2004 data file I currently have. Is there a way to do this? Basically I need to use the 2004 data file settings as a template for 2005. I want to retain my accounts, and various lists... Thanks Harold In microsoft.public.money, harold wrote: > >I am using Money 2004. I would like to create a new data file for 2005 but >retain my settings from the 2004 data file I currently have. Is there a way >to do this? Basically I need to use the 2004 data file settings as a ...