XLS Just Dumping XML Problem

Hi

New to xml, working from and O'Reily book... I have a simple bit of
XML:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="application/xml" href="Transform.xsl"?>
<ReportItems>
	<Textbox>
		<Style>
			<FontWeight>Bold</FontWeight>
			<PaddingBottom>6</PaddingBottom>
		</Style>
		<Value>Some Text</Value>
	</Textbox>
</ReportItems>

and a simple bit of XLS:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
	<xsl:template match="TextBox"><p>A  TextBox</p></xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Which produces:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>Bold6Some Text

When i think that it should produce:

Can someone please explain where i am going wrong?

Thanks

Blu
0
news5318 (4)

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:02:34 +0100, BluDog <news@nospam.bludog.net>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>New to xml, working from and O'Reily book... I have a simple bit of
>XML:
>
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><?xml-stylesheet type="application/xml" href="Transform.xsl"?>
><ReportItems>
>	<Textbox>
>		<Style>
>			<FontWeight>Bold</FontWeight>
>			<PaddingBottom>6</PaddingBottom>
>		</Style>
>		<Value>Some Text</Value>
>	</Textbox>
></ReportItems>
>
>and a simple bit of XLS:
>
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
>	<xsl:template match="TextBox"><p>A  TextBox</p></xsl:template>
></xsl:stylesheet>
>
>Which produces:
>
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>Bold6Some Text
>
>When i think that it should produce:

>Can someone please explain where i am going wrong?
>
>Thanks
>
>Blu

Got it... Case sensitivity... TextBox in XML, Textbox in XSL. Too used
to VB!
0
news5318 (4)

xls extension
when I enter file on a header the extension xls is also printed. How do I stop this happening? Hi If you go to Windows Explorer and on the Tools menu, choose Folder Options and then click the View Tab. Scroll down until you find the check box that says 'Hide file extensions for know file types. If you click this box to check it on, your .xls should be hidden. You will probably have to close Excel and restart it and then it should work. Hope this helps Ann >-----Original Message----- >when I enter file on a header the extension xls is also printed. How do I >stop...

XML Schema

incoming messages just disappear,but can send messages
As i just installed windows live Mail,i received 2740 messages but can'be see in the INbox, Now i receive mail,but they can't be read .i see some action,but those messages just disappear. What's going on.Settings are really ok. william dollimore Just some thoughts... - WLM has an Inbox for each email account. If you have more than one account, are you looking in the correct one? -WLM has views for each folder, which can be set to show or hide read messages. Check to see if the view setting has changed... View - Current view - Show all messages -WLM has ...

Import Problem #2
Hallo Ladies and Gentleman, I have a great problem by using the import wizzard in CRM 4.0. I tried to import a Contract CSV File and mapped all headlines with the field, everything worked fine. Afterwards I clicked OK, and there was no!!!! Exception, but the data isn't in the CRM Tool. Where is it?? I search for, and I listed all contacts but the imported contacts aren't there. Does anyone have the same problem? Please help me. Is there bug in the CRM Tool. Because, the import with ; or \t isn't possible, too. Does anyone have a Bugfix?? Please help me. best wishes Martin Op...

Is a XML file Does not Support XSL and XSD operation together.
Dear Experts, Check out the following XML, XSl and XSD document. If i use XML file without XSD defination it applies XSL style and If i include the XSD document. Nothing is getting displayed in the browser. Is that mean XSL and XSD can not be apply together on a XML file. ? or I am doing something wrong ? Thanks Samir --- ---- XML Document --------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="ch_5_NewsPaper_Style_1.xsl"?> <!-- <NEWSPAPERDATA xmlns="http://tempuri.org/ch_5_NewsPaper_Styl...

Creating New Message Problem
When creating a new Message in Outlook 2003 and clicking on "To" all the field are blank. It doesn't show any Folders or contacts in the "Show Names from" drop down box. If I go to the Contacts area and select a contact I can send them a message no problem. I am using the older style of .PST file if that has any bearing. Perhaps you have failed to to select the option in Contact properties to show as an Outlook address book If by older style pst you mean one created in an earlier version, why have you not created a new unicode pst that doesnt have the size limitat...

Hide Global.xls (personal.xls) in project explorer
How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want my normal project there. Helge You can't hide it, but you could give it a password: Select your project Tools|VBAProject|Protection tab Give it a memorable password At least the project won't be too intrusive. nankerp wrote: > > How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want > my normal project there. > > Helge -- Dave Peterson ...

Worksheet_SelectionChange Problem
Hi, I'm trying to have a reminder message pop up when a certain cell i selected. I would like to do this with VBA as opposed to doing it wit a Data Validation input message. I've tried the following code but t no avail. Here's the code followed by the error message. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Row = 5 And Target.Column = 6 Then MsgBox = "Have you verified your Extra Material setting in cel A1? Normal setting is 25." End If End Sub I get the following error message: --------------------------- Microsoft Visual Basic --...

xml deserialization help
Simple deserialization help needed please... I have a packet of xml in a string, and need to get that into a reader./stream of some sort so I can properly use deserialize.. here's my deserialization routine (its part of a property as you can tell).. Set(ByVal Value As String) Dim serializer As New XmlSerializer(GetType(Package)) Dim xmlstream As New MemoryStream Dim oPackage As Package Dim strXML() As String Dim strChar As String Dim bytXML() As Byte Dim byt As Byte ' All the code in here I removed because it was a debugging and testing jumble of garbage ' How do I got from th...

Mic to speaker problem
Need help in Windows XP for voice amplification. The option: “start – control panel-sound/audio-voice-harware test” works fine. But trying to direct use of a microphone to notebook speaker does not work. I believe it is a configuration problem I cannot solve bt miselft. Appreciate your help Luis Lucky wrote: > Need help in Windows XP for voice amplification. The option: “start – control > panel-sound/audio-voice-harware test” works fine. But trying to direct use of > a microphone to notebook speaker does not work. I believe it is a > configuration problem I cannot...

Pivot Table
I am trying to use a Excel 2007 Piviot Table to translate this information Name | Subject | Grade Studentname 1 | Maths | D Studentname 1 | Science | E Studentname 1 | English | A Studentname 2| Maths | A Studentname 2 | Science | B Studentname 2 | English | C To a Privot Table like this Name | Maths | Science | English Studentname 1 | D | E | A Studentname 2 | A | D | C But it's showing this Name | Maths | Science | English Studentname 1 | 1 | 1 ...

Exchange authantication problem
Hi! Any help would be appreciated!. I have an exchange server 2003, not a dc and OWA and remote outlook were working, than suddenly 2 days ago they quit. I disabled Integrated Windows authentication and OWA start working again, but if I try to login from outlook from the internet, it keeps asking for password and logs following errors in event log Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Logon/Logoff Event ID: 529 Date: 2/15/2006 Time: 9:01:11 PM User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: FIRSTPRUMAIL2 Description: Logon Failure: Reason: Unknown user name or bad p...

xls attachment became dat
Hi all. Recently i received an email that was send to me and my colleague. The attachment is of xls but when i received it, it was in the form of dat. My colleague received it as xls. Is there anything wrong with my outlook? Are you using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express? These two are very different programs where one can handle Rich Text messages (Microsoft Outlook) while the other cannot. The common message formats between Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express is Plain Text and/or HTML. Therefore I would double check with the sender to verify that they sent the message in Pla...

controling a .xls from another .xls
does anyone know if it is possible to control one excell file from another. i.e lets say there are two files: a.xls & b.xls in "a.xls" cell A1 we input the number "100", is it possible for this number to automatically be populated in to cell A1 of "b.xls"??? if so how??? thanks guys -- on-a-mission ------------------------------------------------------------------------ on-a-mission's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513234 In cell A...

Saving .xls without macro
Hello, I did a search for this issue, but I can't find anything related t it. This is my issue: I have an .xlt which contains macro, at the end of the macro I save th resulting sheets as .xls. The resulting sheets are saved with origina macro. I wonder is there a way that I could save the file without th macro. I am using this code to save my file as .xls. File_Save_Name = Sheets("Menu").Range("D6").Value & Format _(Now "mmddyy") & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=File_Save_Name, FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="",...

Problem with Microsoft Word
Hi, I was using MS Word and I was closing the program when I was done and a message came up stating that there was a MS Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error. Any ideas on how to fix this? Sounds like an incompatible third party add-in. Does it happen if you start Word in Safe Mode? From Start | Run (Winkey+R), type in winword /a and press enter. Word will open in Safe Mode. Now close Word again. Does it still error? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "BradWallick" <BradWallick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6BEE8AA-C51D-4AC2-B418-9...

i have just started to use outlook, does it have virus scan options?
I have looked in outlook's settings, but can not find where to select Norton as my virus programme for scanning email I get? where is it?, does Outlook scan emails for viruses?? thanks Jason Outlook has no native virus scanning. Check your Norton settings. Jasonc wrote: > I have looked in outlook's settings, but can not find where to select > Norton as my virus programme for scanning email I get? > > where is it?, does Outlook scan emails for viruses?? > > thanks > > Jason ...

Problems with Journal Viewer
When I press F4 for journal viewer in the POS (or go into the viewer in the SOM), NO reciepts show. I re-indexed the database, but that did not work. Any ideas? Thanks! John Voliva, R.Ph. President, Hook's Apothecary, LLC This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0589_01C6F3A8.E642F180 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable John, Do you have Journaling turned on? SO Manager | Database | Registers | Register List | select a register | = Receipt Printer 1 or 2 | is Journal Receipts from this printer ch...

Parsing an XML file, ERROR: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required. HELP!
I'm getting the above error thrown somewhere in the code: XPathDocument xPathDocument = new XPathDocument(FileLocation); XPathNavigator xPathNavigator = xPathDocument.CreateNavigator(); XPathNodeIterator nodeIterator = xPathNavigator.Select("/plist/dict"); nodeIterator.MoveNext(); nodeIterator = nodeIterator.Current.SelectChildren(XPathNodeType.All); where FileLocation contains the full path of a local XML file. Why is this trying to access the file via the proxy ? What can I do to fix this ? JezB wrote: > I'm getting the above error thrown somewhere in the code:...

I'm getting files saved with names like 48A52100 with no .xls f.
I'm getting spreadsheets saved on our network with an 8-character string as the filename and no .xls file extension. Using the "Open with . . ." option they successfully open with Excel. Does anyone know why this is happening? -- Iain N Black Kelton - These are temp files created when Excel saves a workbook. Normally they are deleted when the save is complete. This might fall under the funny behaviors that occur when working with files on a network. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech...

Problem installing COM+ application proxy on widows 7
This might not be the correct place to ask this question as it really is not VB specific (at least I do not think it is) but you guys here have always been able to help me out either directly or by pointing me to a more appropriate group...so here is the issue. I have a large VB6 app here at the company I work for. This app uses many COM+ components (some VB some .NET). To install these COM+ components on client machines we have simply exported the COM+ application to an MSI package. This was done several years ago and has worked flawlessly since. Well they recently started upgra...

Address Book Problem #2
Outlook version: 2003 When in a Distribution List, I click on [Select Members] and get this MS Office Outlook message: The list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address could not be opened; It may have been moved or delected, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Outlook Office Outlook Help. [OK] This is a recent problem. Advice? -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com Sounds like you have an invalid reference to a Contacts Folder. reset those references here: Tools > E-mail a...

launching xls in web browser
I am trying to launch two instances of the same xls file from a browser. The first one launches successfully in a new browser window. The second one also launches successfully. However, the first browser window becomes blank after the second report launches. When I close the first browser window the second window becomes blank as well. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

Solutions on 54 piece Knapsack problem using Excel in less than 8 hours
In http://www.mrexcel.com/pc09.shtml site there is a solution with 54 piece of knapsack problem using simply Excel macros and find all solutions in < 8 hours using a Pentium 4 - 3,4GHz computer In article <1153059083.644428.175890@35g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, i.tsiamandanis@neagenia.gr says... > In http://www.mrexcel.com/pc09.shtml site there is a solution with 54 > piece of knapsack problem > using simply Excel macros and find all solutions in < 8 hours using a > Pentium 4 - 3,4GHz computer > > And, your point is... -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-...

importing .xls chart info to .xls calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do I take the information in an .xls file and import it to a blank .xls calendar? ...