Writing to windows registry using XML....

Dear All,

I have query regarding the registry.

Is it possible to write it to windows registry using the XML?
if yes then what is the API or tag used to write it.

I am just a beginner in XML.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
Umesh

0
kbnumesh (4)

kbnumesh@gmail.com wrote:

> I have query regarding the registry.
>
> Is it possible to write it to windows registry using the XML?
> if yes then what is the API or tag used to write it.

Why do you want to use XML when dealing with the Windows registry? It is
not based on XML so I don't see that XML helps.
The .NET framework 2.0 has this class
<URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Microsoft.Win32.Registry.aspx>
to access the registry.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

trouble closing Windows Mail
I have been having a problem closing Windows mail. When I click on the red X it gives me a message to search for a solution becuase it has stopped working and restart. Then it works until I restart my computer. What can I do to stop this from happening every time. Also, does this wil internet explorer. There are a couple of things you can try, but since IE is also affected, the common problem may exist outside of Windows Mail. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 update...

Write
I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested to use the Write mode to do this. What is Write, and how do I access it? Are you using voice recognition? Margins are simply changed in the Arrange Menu in Publisher. Are you in the right newsgroup? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CBC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183bb01c44a40$107bd5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested > to use the Write mode to do this. W...

How to use windows xp chart wizard to add secondary axis
previous posts unhelpful inserting chart with x values in a2:a11 and y(x) values in b2:b11 plotting y(x) versus x TIME FOR USER-DEFINED CHARTING!!! first, select the data you want to put in the chart, then click th chart wizard. Click the "Custom types" tab, then scroll down to th "Line-Column on 2 Axes". it should be a cinch from there. hope this is what you need -- medicenpringle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645 View this thread...

ON_WM_DROPFILES()
How do you tell? "some dude" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:uvsggAtlKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do you tell? WM_DROPFILES is a very old and simple way to get stuff dropped onto your window. It doesn't tell you the source of the drop. For that you need to use the more modern drag and drop methods instead, which are unfortunately more complicated and COM-based. You need to expose IDropTarget object which will tell you these things and also let you do things like allow or deny the drop based on the source/file type, etc. -- David ...

Windows Explorer View
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050405010104080904030702 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Suddenly I cannot save a folder view which shows the file tree along the left side using "apply to all folders". Any idea what's happening? Thx for the help. --------------050405010104080904030702 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <...

Windows Vista X64 bsod
Hello All I had decided to install Vista X64 every so often when you try and boot up you get the dreaded BSOD which displays NMI: parity error / memory parity error Why did Install Vista ? Because I have it and it was not being used or activated til now. I find this puzzling as the memory is 4gb nonparity DDR3 and I have tried other memory, did not change and I run my machine dual boot with XP X64 and I have no known problems under XP X64 it is quit stable. My hardware Supermicro C2SBX X38 chipset and Q6700 cpu and Adaptec 48300 and an ATI 4550 video card and a lead...

How to import BOM into GP8.0/SQL using Excel
Greetings, I am in a bind and hoping someone feeling sympathetic can lend advice. I have to build *tons* of BOMs and the one by one method is killing me. When we transitioned to GP8.0 I was able to build all of my BOMs in two spreadsheets; one of master part numbers/item descriptions, one of the contents/qtys of the BOMs. Somehow they were automagically imported by someone I no longer have as a resource. I have read I can use Integration Manager to do this but that the tables have to be exact to avoid jackkniving the database full of junk. Can someone spell out the steps of how to exp...

My computer freezes when I use save as.
why does my computer freezes when I use save as in word, or any office application? This is an Excel group, if you are asking about saving an Excel file as a Word file, that is one way to destroy your file as far as Excel is concerned. Just saving a file in Excel can take awhile. I think everything has to be recalculated. There is a delete file, and rename associated. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "johnn...

Windows 7 (OEM) Download hangs up at 9x%
This has happened at least twice, most recently today (1/20/10). When running Windows Update, it started downloading 4 updates totalling 9.3MB. Download progess went as expected until it reached around 94% downloaded. Then, it just seemed to sit there. The update started at 10:30AM. An hour later, the download had progressed from 94% to 99% (still downloading). A few minutes later, I went to lunch for about 45 minutes, after which it showed updates were successful. I have a DSL broadband connection that works very well for everything else. Please answer these 3 questions: 1)...

Using XSLT to Append Attributes to an XSD File
I wrote an application to scrape a database and create an XSD file which will be annotated by a map file in order to create a Typed DataSet. I was wondering if I could do the annotation using XSLT. Here is background on Typed DataSet: Using Annotations with a Typed DataSet http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconUsingAnnotationsWithTypedDataSet.asp I need to append an attribute a specific XML node. Change <xs:element name="column_1" msdata:ReadOnly="true" minOccurs="0" type="xs:short" /> ...

Using names in a formula
Hi, I used Excel a lot some years ago and now need to use it again (Excel2000) and can't figure out how to do something that was really useful. The situation: 'Budget' worksheet has month names in the top row and account numbers in the left column. I have selected all cells and Created Names with TopRow and Left Column selected. 'Reports' worksheet has month names in the top row and account names in the left column, but not necessarily in the same relative position as in the Budget worksheet. A formula such as =May Bank_Charges (where May and Bank_Charges are names) ret...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

XSLT: Creating anchors from outer XML files
Hi, I'm trying to put the links (href attribute of the <a> element) out of my XSLT files, in a XML file, and read it from the stylesheet. I suppose that I have to use the document() function to link to the XML file containing the URLs, but I don't know how to do it. I've tried something like this: This is XML file containing the URLs (link.xml): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <LINKS> <L1> /SomePage.aspx </L1> </LINKS> And this is the code from the stylesheet: <a href="{document('link.xml')/L...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

Cannot write to memory location
I can not (all of the sudden) run Publisher in the last week. When starting to run it, I get that it cannot write to a certain memory locaiton, so it is shutting down. I need to get this program working. I have read through this forum and tried the different fixes as well as the knowledge base (emptied the temp file, disabled anti-virus, etc.) but it still won't work. An example is: "The instruction at "0x77f585c0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program." The header read...

Can I use bullets in excel?
Can I use bullets in EXCEL? Hi this is not supported in Excel (as it is in MS Word) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1FDB1196-1948-4896-9032-42A4DFB31E17@microsoft.com... > Can I use bullets in EXCEL? As Frank said, there are no bullets like you have in Excel, but if I want something that looks like a bullet point I put in the character alt-0149 (.) where I need it. Fiona "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FDB1196-1948-4896-9032-42A4DFB31E17@micro...

W7: how to stop Windows Live Messenger from autolaunching?
Hi, I don't use messenger, but every time I log into hotmail the messenger window autolaunches. When I click on that window and close it, it relaunches next time I do anything in hotmail. I then logged in to messenger to see if there was an option I could deselect to stop it from launching. as soon as I logged into messenger, my taskbar filled up with people I don't know trying to connect with me (one of the reasons I don't like using instant messenging). In the options for messenger, I unchecked just about option I could find and then logged out of messeng...

Windows Service
Hi all, I have SQL Server Agent and under it I've some jobs that runs with a definde schedule (they can run at the same time). SQL Server Agente doesn't belongs to SQL Server Express edition, so I'm lookig for a way to build a such schema with a .net windows service. Let's say I need 10 jobs: 1) it is better to have 10 windows services? 2) it is better to have 1 windows services with 10 threads? in the first case, I need to have 10 different project that installs 10 different services with 10 different name (it is correct?) in the secound case, how can I tell...

how do i write checkbox to.....
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050607000103070200020407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit how do i write checkbox1 boolean to xml in vb6 i can only do cstr( checkbox1.value) but in vb.net can't write to xml. i am doing irc chat similar to mirc or pirch chat. rw.WriteConfigInfo("User Modes", chkInvisible.Text, chkInvisible.Checked, "PirateChat.xml") in procedure events: ' Both the Key and the Value are filled ' Find the key ...

Money on Windows 2000 and windows SP
I have just upgraded my machine to Windows Sp from 2000. Re-installed money 2005 and cannot open the file when I start Money 2005 under SP The error messages says the file is either read only or I dont have permission to open the file. well the file is not read only and I was the administrator when I re- loaded money onto SP Appreciate any help I can get to resolve this problem It has been stated on here before that you must open the sample file first to start the downloads for the patches in 2005. Then close and reboot your computer. You might need to right click on your money...

Using debtor/Creditor enquiry window, see exact oustanding amount
When using an enquiry window for either Debtor or creditor , Client would like to instantly be able to tell their customer/creditor the amount that they have oustanding straight away - instead of going through all the trns and adding them up manually ect ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &quo...

Write access to a LDAP server.
Is there any way to enable write access in Outlook to my LDAP server? The LDAP server allows this functionality, Outlook doesn't. Any plugins that can do this? Thanks. Derek ...

show window content while dragging
why does this setting always change by its self xp dim 3000 old machine ie8 it changes to the dotted line. easy enough to fix but I would like to know why? David wrote: > why does this setting always change by its self xp dim 3000 old machine ie8 > it changes to the dotted line. easy enough to fix but I would like to know > why? Sounds like the graphics card and/or drivers are not up to it. Check you have the latest Dell(or card manufactures)drivers installed ...

Outlook Send and Receive Progress window
This window keeps popping up every time OUtlook sends and receives, even though I check the box "Don't show this dialog box." Can anyone help me to turn the thing off? I also have Norton Antivirus scanning the incoming mail, if that makes any difference. You did not post your Outlook version. Take a look at this MS KB article, it may help: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q327/9/07.asp -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Easydoesit" <davehumphrey2@home.com> wrote in message news:ugZr2FgtEHA.2864@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > This window kee...