WriteXML extremely slow #2

Datasert1.writexml is slow. Is there a way around to speed it up?

Forwarding Mail #2
How do you setup mail forwarding from an exchange email address to a non exchange email address? You don't say what version of Exchange, but here's an article covering Exchange 200x: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "David Lovell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BAF8FCB-029A-4DCA-BDEB-F96D6547BFE8@microsoft.com... > How do you setup mail forwarding from an exchange email address to a non exchange email address? ...

CListView and CListCtrl #2
When I add ListControl item to dialog resource and then I create member variable for dialog of variable type CListCtrl, all is OK. Dialog displays control and no problems with destroying main application dialog. But when I declare this main dialog variable like CListView instead CListCtrl, dialog displays control but after closing main application dialog application crashes. Is not sufficient that CListView is derived from CListCtrl ? Or some special of ListControl resource properties necessary ? Peter CListView is not derived from CListCtrl and you cannot use a CListView where a CListCt...

Input from remote 10-key and laptop numbers very slow
The last few days I've experience a delay when inputting numbers into Excel 2000 worksheets. When I type in the numbers, they slowly enter themselves, one at a time pausing between each number. This is occurring both with the remote 10-key for the laptop and the number keys on the laptop. This is occuring in all files, no matter how big or small. I wouldn't say I have any overly complicated workbooks, mostly basic functions. I have had much bigger and more complicated before without a problem. When using the 10-key or the number keys anywhere else, Word, internet, e...

WriteXml only writes 1 table out of 4
Hello - I have a dataset with multiple tables When I do a dataset.WriteXml("foo.xml") I only get one of my four tables written in the XML Any ideas? Rajeev Bhalla wrote: > Hello - I have a dataset with multiple tables > When I do a dataset.WriteXml("foo.xml") I only get one of my four > tables written in the XML > > Any ideas? How do you determine the number of tables in your DataSet? Have you loaded a schema into your DataSet first? If so how does that schema look? -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ ...

March 8 live chat: Performance-tuning CRM 1.2
Hi all, I wanted to let you know that the MBS Community site is hosting a live real-time chat about boosting the performance of your Microsoft CRM 1.2 installation in March. This chat will occur on Tuesday, March 8, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Pacific time. You can add this event to your calendar by going here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx#05_Mar8_PTUNE_CRM The chat room is here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/chatroom.aspx And here's a description of the chat: ***Tuning the Performance of Your Microsoft CRM 1.2 Installation*** Here’s your...

Backup Exchange #2
Hi, I have Ex2003 server with the w2k server, and an "Arcserve Backup Program V11" with the Exchange agent. Whene I try to configure the "Brick level exchange agent" get the message " Faild to configure your server" and this message get after the authinticate between the arcservce and the ex2003. Is there Any security that prevent the bricklevel of arcserve to work? is there any prevent to PORT 6070 ? ...

Batch Processing Slow Down...
Has anyone had an issue where posting batches takes a much longer time than is typical. We post batches and month end, and for the amount of records, it typically takes 6-8 hours. A few months ago it started taking over 30 hours, which is making accounting a bit twitchy. :) Thanks for any input. ...

Voting Buttons #2
I would like to get information about the ability to change the size/color of the Voting buttons for Outlook 2000. Has anyone altered these before? ...

Secure SMTP #2
Hello, I use Exchange 2003 and i create a simple virtual SMTP with user's authentification for my organisation. The trouble is that someone could be authentied but i could put a wrong name and email in the outlook parameter, so the mail could be send with the "director" 's email. Why Exchange couldn't do a simple link between the MAIL FROM and the authentified's user on this virtual smtp ?? Is there a way to program it with ESMTP ? Thanks for helping me ... Bye ! In news:OoOV7dCwFHA.3548@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Ouba <ouba974@mx.com> typed: > Hello, &...

excel 2007 is very slow with every entry. why the delay?
small worksheet. each time i enter a number in a cell i get the active circle showing. i move to another cell but quite a delay time before freed up for next entry. why? You have automatic Calculation on. By turning this off you will be able to update you spreadsheet much faster. To do this go to the Windows icon in the top left of the screen and click on Excel Options. Then choose the Formulas button and under Calculation Options choose the Manual radio button. Click OK. Then your spreadsheet will only calculate when you hit F9 or close/save the spreadsheet. "...

media.legacy[2].txt
Every time I do a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware on my XP-SP3 system I get the following "bad" cookie report: media.legacy[2].txt I remove it with SAS but it's always back the next time I run SAS. It doesn't appear when I run Malwarebytes, MSE or Spybot S&D . I can't find out much about it on Google or Bing. Does anyone know what it is or if it is dangerous? TIA Cookies per se are not dangerous in and of themselves. They are strings of text, therefore basically static or inert and not dangerous. They are placed on your machine by the web ser...

Office 2003 #2
In some cases over the years, I know it's sometimes better to remove an old program and do a fresh install of the newer version rather than upgrading over the old install. As I have lots of ongoing files etc in Outlook 2002, I sure don't want to go through backing up and restoring if I don't absolutely have to. So, the question for you who have already started using the new 2003 Office, is it a simple install the new product over the existing programs or is it preferable to uninstall the older version? Thanks 1. I always prefer a clean installation. However, installing over...

Internet Explorer 8 is too slow
Windows XP pro sp 3 Ram memory 1gb I decided to download Internet Explorer 8 since there will be an end to Internet Explorer 6. I liked Internet Explorer 6 because it was fast. This is the way I downloaded Internet Explorer 8 Internet Explorer 8 download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=341c2ad5-8c3d-4347-8c03-08cdecd8852b The download went very well and all the updates have been completed. My question is, "Why is Internet Explorer 8 so much slower than 6"? I can almost go get a cup of coffee in the time it takes to open. ...

Audit Trails #2
I would like Audit Trails to be able to Audit all System functions in GP. Right now you can audit all 3rd party products and anything else installed in GP but are unable to Audit such things as Security, User ID ect. In the world of Sox compliance these seem like important areas to be able to track ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micr...

setting FormulaArray slows down my code
Excel 2007. I found a bottleneck in my code, in this part: r = shDAT.UsedRange.Rows.Count For i = 2 To r shDAT.Cells(i, 4).FormulaArray = _ "=MAX(IF(R2C1:R" & r & "C1=RC1,R2C2:R" & r & "C2,FALSE))" Application.StatusBar = Format(i / r, "0.0%") ' Added to see the progress Next Currently the value of r is 13693. Screenupdating & calculation are already disabled. I know from literature that extensive use of array form...

slow opening
Excel 2007 is slow opening small files. Email attachments, click to open, could take minutes to open a 30K file. However, if I click the menu button in Excel, the file will pop open. Same goes for double-clicking files in Windows Explorer. However, if Excel is open already, the file will open right up. So, what's the issue with Excel being slow to open from a closed position? thanks "shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:Oule0eaoIHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Excel 2007 is slow opening small files. > > Email attachments, click to open, ...

OWA rules #2
Hello, My issue is I have errors on our OWA when anyone tries to create a rule. When the rule is created, an error appears, "Rule can't be saved. Wait a few minutes, and then try again. If the problem persists, contact your server administrator." At first, I thought maybe it was just a performance issue on our back end servers and tried logging in during odd late night hours. Then I hoped that it was just 1 of our OWA servers that was causing this error, but it happens to all of them. I found a KB article (887976) that is almost similar to my problem, but it is not i...

Upgrade - 1.0 to 1.2
Hi, Installing 1.2 on new server and will be moving all my 1.0 data off of the old one. Will i NEED to install 1.0 and then restore the backed up SQL databases then upgrade to 1.2, or can i just install 1.2 and then restore? Or am i missing an important step? CT I wanted to add a little more info. We had also migrated (Using the MS active director migration tools) from a 2000 server to a 2003 server, moving all users and keeping their GUID's. As per a post from John O'Donnell back in Dec he stated that moving databases from one doamin to another was not possible, for the followin...

test #2
Please do not use production groups for test postings, people posting here expect answers. Use one of these for connectivity and test posting. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.test news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.a.test news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.test "Bastard" <bastard@getwenn.com> wrote in message news:eFGLcJV5DHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... And a different name might be a bit more conducive to gaining any help from the folks here. :-) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sy...

upgrade #2
hi all, the company that i worked for currently has 5 locations across canada, we are using RMS 1.3 right now, and we are thinking to upgrade to 2.0 when we do an upgrade, we were recommended to have upgrade done at each of our stores, which i think is very costly. is that really the way to go? or should i have a server that has all applications loaded in it (ex. HQ and store operations) and have client software installed at the store level, so when i do an upgrade, i would only do it on the server. Please help!! Personally, you should have a reseller, and that reseller should advis...

on Writexml error
(Type your message here) Hi all, I have a XML file as a datasource. I read that file using dataset.readxml.Then in that dataset I make some changes. Now I want to write that changed dataset by overwriting the file that was created initially. I someone please tell me how to do it. -------------------------------- From: ratnesh gupta ----------------------- Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/) <Id>sCyOfoucUUyYsxAsNxg9AA==</Id> ...

vlookup question #2
Does anybody know if it is possible to not only return the value of a target cell with the vlookup function, but an attribute of that cell too (in my case, fill color)? Thanks, Jeff Not with a built-in formula. You could return the fill color using a User Defined Function (UDF), but you couldn't use it to color the calling cell: Public Function VLookupColor(Lookup_value As Variant, _ table_array As Range, col_indexnum As Integer, _ Optional range_lookup As Integer = 1) As Variant Dim found As Variant On Error Resume Next found = ...

Auto send #2
Is it possible to have Outlook auto send an email every thursday. Further, is it possible to automatically add 2 cells from an excel worksheet into this email? If so, any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks Does this page work for you: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Jeff <simplyme12097@hotmail.com> asked: | Is it possi...

Tables Update Interrupted #2
What does this mean? The accountant was in the process of posting this batch and the above status of the batch comes up. I went into batch recovery, now the status is marked. rcr, Somehow that particular batch got marked. Asking the user to log out and logging in back sometimes take away the marked status. If it doesn't, Go to SQL, Run the following query against DYNAMICS Database UPDATE SY00800 SET MKDTOPST = 0 WHERE BATCHID = "XXX" --REPLACE THE BATCH ID WITH YOUR BATCH Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "rcr" wrote: > What does this mean? The accountant was in...

data tables #2
I have a modest spreadsheet i'm using for a linear programming problem which computes five results from two inputs. I am trying to automate the process so i don't have to manually change the inputs and then transfer the outputs by hand. THE data table function would do the trick but i can't figure out what to use for the function. the functional dependences are not easily describable with a formula like x,y=f(a,b,c,d,e) that can be entered into one cell. Rather they are buried in the formulas that make up the spreadsheet. I tried using "scenarios" but the manu...