Which type of digital certificate to get from VeriSign for SignedXML

Hi all,

Happy New Year.

I am using SignedXML and an X509 certificate to digitally sign a SOAP
message body and put the signature in the SOAP header for a B2B business
application. Can you suggest which type of digital certificates from
VeriSign is for this purpose? I checked VeriSign's web site but didn't find
it obvious to decide.

Thank you very much for your help.

--- Guangxi

0
gwu (3)

Hi Guangxi,

What about the Secure Site Services? SSL certificates are ideal for
securing Web sites, intranets and extranets. It's cheap and guarantee every
SSL session will receive powerful SSL encryption, the strongest encryption
available, regardless of browser version.

http://www.verisign.com/products/site/secure/index.html

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

0
v-kevy (347)
1/6/2004 8:43:20 AM
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. I do have the SSL certificate to secure the web site.
However, I am not clear if the same SSL certificate can be used to digitally
sign an SOAP message and send it to the business partner for signature
verification. SSL certificate is specifically assigned to a given URL, while
the X509 certificate for the digital signature shouldn't be. My current
understanding is that a Class 3 digital ID is needed for this purpose, but I
don't know how to get this type of certificate from VeriSign, and VeriSign's
web site and their support stuff is not very useful and friendly to help me
out.

Thanks,

--- Guangxi

"Kevin Yu [MSFT]" <v-kevy@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guangxi,
>
> What about the Secure Site Services? SSL certificates are ideal for
> securing Web sites, intranets and extranets. It's cheap and guarantee
every
> SSL session will receive powerful SSL encryption, the strongest encryption
> available, regardless of browser version.
>
> http://www.verisign.com/products/site/secure/index.html
>
> Kevin Yu
> =======
> "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights."

0
gwu (3)
1/6/2004 5:16:45 PM
Hi Guangxi,

I think it can be used to sign a SOAP message, because SOAP is actually
woking on HTTP. Here's a KB article, and I hope it's helpful to you

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257591

Besides posting here, you can also try to contact VeriSign. I think they
can provide you with a better solution.

BTW, are you a Chinese?

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

0
v-kevy (347)
1/7/2004 8:55:28 AM
After posting to the newsgroups, I did more research on this issue with
VeriSign and the business partner. Here is some of the findings:

1. VeriSign does not sell Class 3 digital certificates for digital
signatures in a B2B environment.
2. VeriSign states that SSL certificates can also be used for digital
signatures since VeriSign added digital signature extension to SSL
certificates.
3. VeriSign Code Signing certificates may also be used for digital
signatures, but it does not recommend its use, since they may choose not to
support that in the future for XML signing.

Thank you all for you attention. Hope this may also help other people who
may face the same issue in the future.

--- Guangxi

"Guangxi Wu" <gwu@ch2m.com> wrote in message
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I do have the SSL certificate to secure the web
site.
> However, I am not clear if the same SSL certificate can be used to
digitally
> sign an SOAP message and send it to the business partner for signature
> verification. SSL certificate is specifically assigned to a given URL,
while
> the X509 certificate for the digital signature shouldn't be. My current
> understanding is that a Class 3 digital ID is needed for this purpose, but
> don't know how to get this type of certificate from VeriSign, and
VeriSign's
> web site and their support stuff is not very useful and friendly to help
me
> out.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --- Guangxi
>
> "Kevin Yu [MSFT]" <v-kevy@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Guangxi,
> >
> > What about the Secure Site Services? SSL certificates are ideal for
> > securing Web sites, intranets and extranets. It's cheap and guarantee
> every
> > SSL session will receive powerful SSL encryption, the strongest
encryption
> > available, regardless of browser version.
> >
> > http://www.verisign.com/products/site/secure/index.html
> >
> > Kevin Yu
> > =======
> > "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> > rights."

0
gwu (3)
1/9/2004 10:49:42 PM
Can someone tell me what is the equivalent of the WSEQuickStart samples
X.509 certificate in Verisign Products list ? Verisign support dint
have any clue and they said I might need Code Signing Digital Ids but
when I go to that page, they have multiple items under that list
(Microsoft Authenticode Digital ID, Sun Java Signing Digital ID,
Netscape Object Signing Digital ID and so on). I read in another thread
that someone used 'Digital IDs for Secure Email' for the same purpose.
Can someone confirm whether this is the right thing to purchase ? There
is pretty big difference in the cost ($400 vs $19.95 a year) ! I'm
trying to connect to a WebLogic webservice using a dotnet client (which
is very similar to the X.509 sample provided with the Microsoft WSE
2.0.

Thanks

0
cpsabari (1)

Pie of Pie Chart type with smaller pie showing slices of main slic
Hi How can I do the following: Lets say I have the following labels and data For the main pie I have A,B,C labels with A =5, B =10, and C =20. So my main pie would show 3 slices with C being the largest slice. To do this I highlight the 3 labels and their data and choose Insert, Pie, Pie in a Pie to show a main pie on the left with 3 slices and a smaller solid pie to the right with series lines connectiing them. I want to show the solid smaller pie on the right in several slices to show how the C slice of 20 is broken down. lets say the main slice C of 20 is made up ...

Expired certificate broke OWA
Here's the scenario, Windows 2003 Enterprise SP1 Exchange 2003 SP2, all running on the same server OWA forced through SSL OWA is not running as the default web site - their public web page is the default, and OWA is running on port 81 The default web site runs perfectly Forms based authentication is enabled for OWA No firewall is in the picture Whenever a user visited the OWA logon page they received a message that the certificate had expired, so the local administrator attempted to renew the certificate on the same server Exchange and OWA was installed by using the MS Certificate Author...

Typing in macros
I have made a few macros and use them in word and excel 2000. When I see typed out macros on the message boards I am not quite sure how to use them. Do I go into the editor, type them in and then link them with a button on the toolbar? What module do I put them in and is there one for the personal worksheet. I have been struggling with the syntax of Visual Basics for years. Just need a step by step explanation. Thank You Sue In general, the macros you see in the groups are likely to be ordinary macros that will go into a general module in the VBE, eg:- Hit ALT+F11 and this will...

How do I get rid of the PERSONAL.XLS sheet from a workbook?
Everytime I want to "X" out of excel, I always have to also close the PERSONAL.XLS sheet Normally the Personal file is hidden If you use Windows | Hide then you will never need to close it again OR you could locate it in the XLSTART folder and just delete it - hope it has no macros that you need to use best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Arencia" <Arencia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E91F069-881E-4D83-A224-8B4E78365949@microsoft.com... > Everytime I want to "X" out of...

Open File Dialog to fileter multiple file types at once...?
Hello, Here is another quick one for you all. The solution is probably simple, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have the following code: CFileDialog OpenDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT | OFN_HIDEREADONLY, ""); // Later must set this to retrieve a value from the registry OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = "c:\\"; OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFilter = "txt Files\0*.txt\0Doc Files\0*.doc\0"; OpenDlg.DoModal(); I am trying to get the box to filter out everything but the *.doc and the *.txt files ... I have seen some boxes that have something that...

Rectification of wrong posting type
Hi There is one PL account say "Mic Expenses" has got wrong posting type "Balance sheet", when we closed the year 2005 ,System has brought forward the balance of that account into next year 2006, which otherwise should have been gone into the Retain Earning of 2006, is there any option to rectify this error, other then passing rectifying JV in 2005(coz in that case if I take last year TB then ending balance of this account would be Zero) or restoring the backup and doing closing procedure again. Thanks in Advance Shabnam There is a Article ID for this in partner s...

Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types?
Hi, I am getting the above error message everytime I try to insert a chart or any type into a completely blank presentation using either the Insert, Chart command or the Insert Chart button in the Title and Content slide layout. I am using 2007. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA, Shane Devenshire Try running Office Diagnostics, Shane. Open PPT or Excel, hit the Office button, then <app> Options | Resources. I think that may resolve this issue. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007...

No size limit but user gets an error
The message in her Outlook says "The message being sent exceeds the message size established for this user." but we do not have any limitations set for anyone's mailbox or for the message transfer. Any ideas why this is popping up? I am thinking may be it is trying to pop up another error message such as memory low on the personal computer or something but the Outlook is showing this error message. Is it possible? Thanks. On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:31:08 -0800, "h gregorian" <hgregorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The message in her Outlook says &...

need help to declard type=IntType instead type="xsd:int" with xml schema
Hi, I am writing C# code to produce xml schema. //Create attribute XmlSchemaAttribute att2 = new XmlSchemaAttribute(); att2.Name = "CustomerID"; att2.SchemaTypeName = new XmlQualifiedName("int",schemaNS); att2.Use = XmlSchemaUse.Required; ct.Attributes.Add(att2); I need to produce schema with custom data type instead of the xsd:string or xsd:int The code above will produce the following schema <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="1.0" xmlns:xsd=...

I can't get on to outlook
i get message Cannot open outlook window and then states outlook must be online. I don't have an exchange server. Can anyone help? go to control panel, mail and create a new profile with the correct account types. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-N...

I'm creating a booklet. After creating page one how do you get t.
I'm creating a booklet. After typing page one how do I get to page two??? I can't find a button or anything that tells me how to proceed. Insert | New page Or look at the status bar and click on the next page. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "MOB" <MOB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F976CC8B-B903-4133-9A0E-E6AE5270F65F@microsoft.com... > I'm creating a booklet. After typing page one how do I get to page two??? > I > can't find a button or anything that tells me how to proceed. --- Outgoing mail is certified Vir...

Scatterplots with different colors based on Type of Data
Is it possible to plot a scatterplot with different colors for 2 sets of data? E.g Type of Agreement MRP Discount% Limited 10 5% UnLimited 20 10% I want to show different colors for Limited & Unlimited. Is it possible to plot scatterplots on both axis(Primary & Secondary) Please let me know. Thanks, Satish If I use this range to make a chart Limited 10 5% Unlimited ...

Nothing Down, Foreclosure Short Sales and Tax Lien Certificates
Real estate is the simplest, easiest, safest, shortest route to financial freedom. This is also as true today as it will be twenty-five years from now. If you want financial freedom, real estate will be a large part of your portfolio. Nothing Down NOW will show you how to locate the best buys, deal with real estate agents, and manage properties, all with little-or no-money down. Excellent for beginners or experienced investors, Nothing Down NOW is the key to generating low-risk, high-profit wealth and to a potential future of security and financial independence. This is without question the &q...

outlook type interface
I have an SDI application and want to change it so I have a split window, on the left I want a TreeControl above a 'PropertyGrid' control. Then my exisiting SDI Client in the space on the right Can anyone point in the right direction to achieve this Any help will be much appreciated Thanks Phil You need to use two CSplitterWnds (as members of your CMainFrame). Override CMainFrame::OnCreateClient and create a vertical splitter as the main child (i.e. 1 row, 2 cols). Then you want to create a horz splitter as a child of the left-hand pane of the main splitter (which has 2 rows, 1 c...

16th digit in the cell changes to a zero??
Our company uses a program that has some inventory items that are 16 numerical digits long. When I run an export to a csv file. I notice that after opening the file, all the cells that have skus which are 16 digits long, get changed to end with a zero instead of the real number. After some labored testing, I finally decided to try to manually input a sample number into excel and noticed that the 16th digit gets changed everytime to a zero. Is there a fix or way to keep this from happening? Thanks in advance for your help. Roman Excel's precision for numbers is 15 significant digit...

VSTO Excel 2003 to VB 6.0 Type mismatch
Hi, I have an Addin 2003 Application. In this Application I'm calling an VB 6.0 Dll and I send Excel Application Object as Parameter. In VB Project I'm using Workbook_Open event with WithEvents. I have a messagebox there. Unfortunately when i call VB dll , I get this Error Message -- > Type mismatch. Is there any Idea? Code in VS2008 : private Project1.Class1 vbapp; private void ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { #region VSTO generated code this.Application = (Excel.Application)Microsoft....

predictive typing of addressee
I am frequently sending sensitive email to a person who has a very common name. More than once I have almost sent the email to the wrong party because of the Outlook feature that predicts the addressee name. Does anyone know how to eliminate names from the dropdown list that appears as you type tha addressee name? Or is there a way to stop addressee names from appearing automatically as you type in the "To" field. Any help will be appreciated. joanne Use arrow keys to highlight error address, then hit Delete Btn Do you use Contacts?, hitting the 'To' Btn will bri...

Can't get into online services
I recently upgraded to 2005. When I go to check if any of my banks have online services, instead of a list of banks, I get: "To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is cleared." I'm obviously online and able to use other online features in Money. I can download accounts manually, but I'd like to see if any banks can do it automatically. -Max In microsoft.public.money, Max wrote: >I recently upgraded to 2005. When I go to check if any of my banks have >o...

Cannot get updates from MS site
Have 3 computers (2 have XP v6 SP3 and laptop has Vista). Unable to get updates from Microsoft. MESSAGE: The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem. Is Microsoft site down? On 6/9/2010 1:38 PM, Champagne Lady wrote: > > Have 3 computers (2 have XP v6 SP3 and laptop has Vista). Unable to get > updates from Microsoft. MESSAGE: The website has encountered a problem and > cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below > might help yo...

Gettings Email Addresses from Exchange
I am running an Exchange 2000 server, and I would like to generate a list of all email address from the server and dump them into a file of some type. Anyone know of a quick and easy way to do this? On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:24:05 GMT, "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote: >I am running an Exchange 2000 server, and I would like to generate a list of >all email address from the server and dump them into a file of some type. >Anyone know of a quick and easy way to do this? > CSVDE/LDIFDE is your friend. http://www.computerperformance.co...

"Can't change data type" error
I'm trying to reduce the field size of text fields in my database. They defaulted to 255 characters when I created my database but in many cases I only need a size of around 20. When I enter the reduced size for one field in the table design view and try to save the change to that field I get the following errors: "Microsoft Access can't change the data type. There isn't enough diskspace or memory." When I click OK to the above I then get the following message: "Errors were encountered durnig the save operation. Data types were not changed. Properties w...

How to convert CString type to LPCSTR type
Hi, I have a CString type variable, and I need to convert it's to LPCSTR type ,what I can do! example: CString m_strExecFile(_T("C:\\\\aa.exe")); next I want to call WinExec Command to execute this file LPCSTR lpcstr ; lpcstr = m_strExecFile.GetBuffer(); WinExec(lpcstr,SW_SHOW); BUT the compilier tells me it can not convert w_char * to LPCSTR type! Why? ps. I use vs2005 program in UNICODE mode. Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated! -joseph Why use a CString in this case at all, if all you are doing is using it in WinExec. Something ...

Aggregate data types mismatch
Using reporting services 2008. Getting a really weird error when calculating a variance between a budget and actual amount in the report. Both the underlying fields are of data type 'money', but when performing the calc in the report writer, i am getting the following error: [rsAggregateOfMixedDataTypes] The Value expression for the textrun 'Variance_MTD_ActualvsBudget1.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]' uses an aggregate function on data of varying data types. Aggregate functions other than First, Last, Previous, Count, and CountDistinct can only aggregate data of a si...

Change types
I hav got a letter with types that i cannot understand. When i mark some of the words, tells me that this type is sansserif. I think that this is a joke but i cannot find out how to change to arial or times new roman ...

Determining address of value type variables
How to get the address of(memory location) value type variables? GetHashCode() returns only value and not its address Thank you Regards Raj "Raj" wrote: > How to get the address of(memory location) value type variables? > > GetHashCode() returns only value and not its address > > Thank you > > Regards > Raj An address in memory and a hashcode have nothing to do with each other. You should rarely, if ever, need to get an address of any .net object. To get an address in memory, you need to use unsafe code and the "&a...