what encoding does system.xml.xmldocument.save(string path) use to save the
xml document if there is no <?xml... in the front of the xml document?

Daniel wrote:
> what encoding does system.xml.xmldocument.save(string path) use to save the
> xml document if there is no <?xml... in the front of the xml document?

UTF-8 is the default encoding.

--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCPD]
http://blog.tkachenko.com | http://www.XmlLab.Net | http://www.XLinq.Net

Vinu Baby
"Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> what encoding does system.xml.xmldocument.save(string path) use to save
the
> xml document if there is no <?xml... in the front of the xml document?

0
vinu (1)

type specified in the Imports 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Expressions' doesn't ...
Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Expressions' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. ... I don't know what I did to make VS2010 hate me (just kidding) But now I get the above for many of my pages. And the <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/Main.master"... line is shown as the culprit. I searched and find I never reference that name space> Got any suggeations that might help? Google...

Can I use oulook from home and have access at work?
When I set up my outlook I lose all my inbox messages online and would not be able to read my email from work. Is there a way to have my inbox available on outlook and remain online? Just to clarify, are you asking how to set up Outlook at home to receive email from work? If that's your question, you need to ask your IT Admin or Exchange Admin if you can use OWA and how that's done. That wouldn't have email coming into your Outlook account but it is a form of Outlook, Outlook Web Access. This may or may not be allowed. Your IT staff would of course have all kinds of securi...

RESTORE SYSTEM
I believe I was hit by a Virus. Once I noticed it, I turn my computer complete off. The when I went to reboot, all my microsoft application will not run. Keep getting "Application not found". When I go to try to do a restore, I keep getting the "Open application with box". Can't even do a sytem restore. My computer is a e-machine and it came with the microsoft programs already and I did do some updates as well. I did have Norton 360 but know that is missing as well. Dan ski2823 wrote: > I believe I was hit by a Virus. Once I noticed it, I turn...

E-mail encode
Hi, I found a strange e-mail, it is sent from our SQL2000 Report Serivce. This email is write in Chinese. When this email arrive my inbox, it shows in wrong code. When I forward it to someone, it shows in right code. Can anybody help me? Thanks! Tony ...

Using Form view in sharepoint
Hi, I am attempting to use a form view in SharePoint designer and connect this to an Access Database, which works fine. However, when I view this in Sharepoint I am able to add a record but I am not able to edit or delete records as I get an error message (saying "An unexpected error has occurred) and the record does not change in the database. Does anyone know why this might be happening and more importantly how to resolve it? Many thanks in advance, Emma ...

Online XML Organizational Chart Service is available
Check the service http://www.aasoftech.com/Services/xmlorgchartservice.asp The service is "the fastest and easiest way to create simple or complex organizational chart (orgchart) without having to buy, download and maintain software." ...

Opened by another office documents
For Office application how do I tell if the application was opened by right click->open from another office document. For eg. Excel opened from word via a right click ->Open on embedded excel doc in word or powerpoint. Is there an api that differentiate how the excel is opned. I noticed that when excel is opened from embedded object in another office application the Menus items are slightly different than when excel is opened directly. Hi, There is nothing in the document to tell you this. You might be able to write VBA code to detect it using Application.Caller If your progr...

System Attendant Starting for Over a Hour
I have an Exchange 2003 server where the System Attendant has been in a starting status for over an hour. Usually everything starts in ~ 5 minutes. What is it going on? On 3 May 2006 07:20:00 -0700, "dfrazell" <dfrazell@estoneworks.com> wrote: >I have an Exchange 2003 server where the System Attendant has been in a >starting status for over an hour. Usually everything starts in ~ 5 >minutes. What is it going on? I would kill it and reboot. Nothing good. Have you checked your event logs? "dfrazell" <dfrazell@estoneworks.com> wrote in message...

Cannot Save the attachment
I keep getting this error:cannot save attachment.Filename is in use by outlook.rename the file. this happens when the user open an custom outlook form attachemnt and tries to post it.any clue? ...

Outlook 2003 Group Policy and encoding settings
I am trying to deploy the following Outlook 2003 settings via group policy: Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled Encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled. But when I configure "Encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled", the setting "Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages" is ignored and on the client side is applied as Disabled, although I have set it to Enabled. When I configure "Encoding for outgoing messages - Not Configured", the setting "Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages" works as expected. Is this some kind of a ...

Copying filtered data using advance filter to another sheet
Hi All Can anybody tell me how to copy filtered data usiing advance filter to another worksheet (not the one containing list) Thanks Bandula Hi, you could start from the other sheet and then copy the list when you filter or you could select the filtered list. Press F5, click Special and select visible cells, copy and paste.. Regards, Peo Sjoblom >-----Original Message----- >Hi All > >Can anybody tell me how to copy filtered data usiing >advance filter to another worksheet (not the one >containing list) > >Thanks Bandula >. > ...

#5.1.6 Error "The message was undeliverable because the recipient when using 'All at HQ' distribution list
Hi, We have found that whenever an email is sent to the distribution list 'all at HQ', an NDR (below) is returned for one of the users. When an email is sent to her directly it is fine however. I looked this error up, and the suggestion was that the user's email address has changed, but this is not the case. This happened previously, and was resolved very easily by just removing the user object from the distribution group and re adding it. I did this again for all the groups, but the error still occurs when a mass mail is sent out. The full error is below: Your message did not ...

Save As #4
I would like to know if there is a way to save a file automatically based on a name or value in a specifc cell on the worksheet. For example, cell B5 contains the value 22. When I go to save can I have it automatically save the file as 22.xls You could use a macro: option explicit sub testme() with activeworkbook .saveas filename:=.path & "\" & .worksheets("sheet99").range("b5").value, _ fileformat:=xlworkbooknormal end with end sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritch...

Trying to calculate # of times text string is displayed
I have a worksheet where I track what I've applied the number to; i.e. acct # in column A and user type in column E (nanny, sitter). I'd like to use a function to calculate how many rows are classified as "nanny" or "sitter". The outcome I'm looking for is the same as if I go Ctrl+F, "Nanny", Find All which gives me 66 right now. But rather than having to do this manually, I'd like a running total. The data is in rows 2 to 133, columns A to E, but I only need column E to calculate. I can provide more info if needed, I just don&#...

Lorex LW1012 2-Camera Color Wireless Surveillance System with Indoor/Outdoor Night Vision Capability (Black)
Price:$179.95 Image: http:///image.php?id=B001C0J8FA Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B001C0J8FA Lorex Enhanced Wireless Technology eliminates interference from most household appliances and the slim line receiver connects to TV / VCR / DVD Recorder devices in minutes. Enjoy listen-in audio from one of the built-in microphones and the option to have the receiver alternate camera viewing automatically SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Driveway Patrol Sensor and Receiver Kit:http:///index.php?id=B0000645RH ...

Option in Excel to save a close a workbook inactive for 5 minutes
We share workbooks and many times users forget to close and go to meetings, home...etc. Has anyone found a work around solution to this? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=74a7fe44-f1b3-459b...

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

Styles: Applying a style to one paragraph changes whole document
I am using Word 2007 for the first time as a formating tool. I have created a style called 'Dissertation Body', based on 'Normal'. I try to apply the Style to one paragraph but for some reason the whole document changes to the same style. I cant figure out why this is happening. I am good with the previous version of word but cant figure it out in this version. Can anybody help See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/WholeDocumentReformatted.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>&...

Always uses default account when sending mail
I have several accounts configured in Outlook 2003 SBE. If I have composed a message and I use the Accounts button to change the account used. Outlook then displays which account will be used for sending the message; this is another than the default one. When I send the message, it still uses the default account to send it, I see this when I test it. What is the matter? Cheers, Thorbjorn I appear to be having a similar problem under Outlook 2003 on a new XP system. I've configured in multiple email POP accounts. Usually if I send just one email at a time, it will retain the default...

Using Workflow to Notify Salespeople of Open Cases
I follow the instructions from the article : http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/services/notifyopencase.mspx But the mail is send to the owner of the Case ( the CSR ) and not to the owner of the Account which is regarding to the Case ( the Salespeople ). Could anyone help ? ...

Windows File Protection and Registering a Non-System File
Hi All, I apologize if this is a bit off topic. The group generally has high acivity with authors who can discuss higher level protocols... I'd like to register some files with Windows File Protection. I know if one authors a driver, Microsoft will sign it and it will enjoy protection (some hand waving here). The reason I'd like to do it is to stop malicious tampering (binary patching from the Reverse Engineers). Is this possible? I don't see how to auto enroll if not signed by Microsoft. Reference http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/s...

Encoding issues?
Sender on the Internet sends someone within my Exchange 2003 organization an email and all of the periods ( . ) have been replaced with "=2E". I would say it's just a minor nuisance but it is making the emails hard to read for the recipient. Every period is being replaced with the characters =2E, even the ones in the email address in the header information. I've had the sender change their mail format to Plain Text but haven't heard back from them yet. Any ideas as to what is causing this or how to correct it? Thanks. No ideas without more information about wha...

Spreadsheet saved to a file
How do you re-open/print a spreadsheet saved to a file? I can easily save it, but I then need to be able to print it. All help gratefully accepted!!!!! File>Open File>Print -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Dave May" <dmay@wnycs.com> wrote in message news:0f4401c36665$f4bd69d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you re-open/print a spreadsheet saved to a file? I > can easily save it, but I then need to be able to print it. > > All help gratefully accepted!!!!! ...

Visual Studio Tools (Retreive GP Connection String)
Hi All, Can any body give me the suggestion on, how can i retreive GP Connection in visual studio tools, to perform direct SQL Operations. Thanks Ravi Polepalli Ravishankar I think you can have a look at the following KB Article https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;941457 Also, You can go through the following Article http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/02/why-does-microsoft-dynamics-gp-encrypt-passwords.aspx Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "Ravishankar" wrote: > Hi All, > > Can any body give me the suggest...

how can you set up excel to auto-save a document?
Cherrice That would depend upon your version of Excel. There is no Autosave in XL2002 and 2003 as there was in earlier versions. Autorecovery from Tools>Options>Save is it. This is not the same as Autosave which made true incremental saves at intervals and alerted you before saving. Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel closes normally without incident. BTW.....Dave Peterson reports that he tried an earlier version of Autosave.xla in XL2002 and it seemed to work fine. I have also tried the Autosave.XLA from XL97 and does the job. To download the 97 ...