VTD-XML Tutorial by Code Examples Posted

The C version: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vtd-xml/c_tutorial_by_code_examples.zip?use_mirror=easynews

The C# version: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vtd-xml/CSharp_tutorial_by_code_examples.zip?use_mirror=superb-east

The Java version: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vtd-xml/Java_tutorial_by_code_examples.zip?use_mirror=superb-east

Also some latest articles:

Schemaless Java-XML databinding with VTD-XML
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2007/09/07/schema-less-java-xml-data-binding-with-vtd-xml.html?page=last&x-showcontent=text&x-maxdepth=0

Index XML documents with VTD-XML
http://webservices.sys-con.com/read/453082.htm

Improve XPath Efficiency with VTD-XML
http://www.devx.com/xml/Article/34045

starting with XML
Hi everybody I've never used XML and I'd like to do it. Could you tell me where to find a good XML tutorial for begginers? Thanks in advance Regards! Toni. http://www.w3schools.com/ "Toni" <anvallo1QUITA@ESTOeui.upv.es> wrote in message news:%23Z%23tGPgnDHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi everybody > I've never used XML and I'd like to do it. > Could you tell me where to find a good XML tutorial for begginers? > > Thanks in advance > > Regards! > Toni. > > Great, thanks. Regards! Toni. "Colin Savage" <sav91...

post filter re-numbering
After running an advanced filter, the data rows appear numbered, as they should, ie rows 2,4,5,7, according to the filter paramters. Is there a way to renumber, with a forumla, so post filtered data will show as 1,2,3 etc? Thanks I have a formula in a column next to my data: =SUBTOTAL(3,$A$2:A2) (change column reference as needed to referrence a column with data in every cell of your visible range). After filtering, force a caculation on this column, and it will renumber in order. HTH Ed "Rob" <Rachenb@cntus.jnj.com> wrote in message news:0b9d01c36713$7d4fd7d0$a501280...

Importing XML Schema
Hi, Can some one please help me with (or point me to) a very simple but working code sample that shows how to import XML Schema. I have tried many samples out there on internet but nothing seems to be working. I am trying to import a complex type/simple type element type from an external xml schema. I am using xs:import tag with namespace and schemalocation attributes defined and have also declared xmlns relative to this xml schema. I VS .NET I always get the error that "Type 'xxx' is not declared." TIA, -P! Hi, The examples from my book, Definitive XML Schema, are ...

Macro code produces error

Form On Load Code
Hello, I am trying to create an event where the code will look for no results after a query. If there are not results I want a prompt to ask the user to add Yes/No message box. Once they select either yes or no then I want the forms to open. I hope someone can help. Private Sub Form_Load() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset 'Specifies to User if no record found then add Set rst = Me.RecordsetClone If rst.RecordCount = 0 Then Dim Response As Integer Response = MsgBox("Agreement Not Found. Please make sure it was typed in Correctly. You may need to add the Record. Do you want to Add?"...

XML 2004 shows international side of XML
XML 2004 Shows International Side to XML Alexandria, Va. - Oct. XX, 2004 - IDEAlliance, a leading industry association dedicated to fostering XML and other information technology standards, today announced that XML Conference and Exposition 2004 will feature more than 40 international speakers and exhibitors showcasing XML technologies and solutions from around the globe. XML 2004 is slated for November 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. Proving that XML is truly an international solution to many of today's IT and business problems, XML 2004 has talks on many v...

error code 8024402c
Good day ive got windows vista ultimate when i try to do updates the error 8024402c comes up ive tryed so many sugestence but i can't came write can some one please try and help me -- pflutske ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pflutske's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/165746.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1284427.htm http://forums.techarena.in "pflutske" <pflutske.43ic3c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:pflutske.43ic3c@DoNotSpam.com... > > Good day ive g...

remove post to gl option from inventory batch screen
All other batch screen within Great Plains, do not have the option to not post to GL on this screen. By default this box is not ticked and many clients have had errors where the GL does not match back to the sub ledger and we find that the entry goes through the sub ledger and not through the General Ledger. This is probabl;y caused because of this tick box. I have seen and used a fix which changes the default of this tick box to ticked. If a user does not want to post to the GL the options can be changed under posting which would have to be done for all of the other modules. I would l...

XML signing
Two questions. We would like to have users complete ASP.NET web forms for submission. Once these are completed I would like to generate an XML document from the form. The XML document should include the data and the form so that the orginal document could be recreated even if the submitting form is changed in the future. I would also like to sign the XML document so that we can provide proof that the xml document has not been modified since its submission. Do you have any ideas to best accomplish these items. We will use the XML document to provide proof if our internal data...

Error code 0x8004210E
I recently upgraded motherboard and processor. When I reconfigured my e-mail account I get this error code , the text of the code indicates my mailbox on the server is locked. When I test e-mail settings I get a completed process on eveything except "log on to POP3 server". Any information will be greatly appreciated. I've been getting the same error code this morning. I sent two similar e-mails to the same person. The first one went through, but I can't get the second one to go through. I tried rebooting, changing the text of the e-mail, changing the name of the att...

Reading XML
Can you read an XML file into a predefinded structure? "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6C8B9F2-4548-4925-97F6-53662674DE7F@microsoft.com... > Can you read an XML file into a predefinded structure? Do you mean something like this: http://xerces.apache.org/ -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk ...

How do you sort zip codes with 0's being the lead number?
How do you sort zip codes where some of them start with 0? I have changed the format to text, number, general with no luck. I would like to be able to do this without having to put a ' in front of the number. The secret is to find the special format for zip codes and format them all that way. Select the cells with zips and delete all the ' marks, and - marks if any, using the Replace function. Then go to Format-Cells. Click on the Number tab and select Special. There is one format for 5-digit zips and another for 9-digit (which automatically inserts the hyphen). If you enter a...

Editing Posted Sales Invoice
We have a case where we need to correct customer PO number on a few posted sales invoices. Transactions >> Sales >> Edit Transaction information screen allows us edit the customer PO information. When I try to print the invoices from Transaction >> Sales >> Print Sales Documents it print the old PO Number. When I run the Smartlist the new PO number show on the invoices. any ideas? regards, davidv You're looking at two different sets of records. The Edit Receivables Transaction screen looks at transactions that have been posted. The Print Sales Docume...

ComboBox Code
Hi I run Excel 2K I have opened the VB editor and inserted a "form". I have added a combobox to the form What I need to know is how do I populate the combobox with lets say 5 items:- Example Item1 Item2 Item3 Item4 Item5 and make it run in the spreadsheet. Thanks John If you only have a small number of entries to add, I'd use the UserForm_initialize event. Option Explicit Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() With Me.ComboBox1 .AddItem "Item1" .AddItem "Item2" .AddItem "Item3" End With End Sub Debra Dalgleish...

Autoexec macro code
Hope someone can help. Looking for suitable autoexec macro code to open my database automatically. My database does not have a switchboard. Not sure if I need one to do this. Thanks, regards, Paul. Hi Paul, If your database doesn't have a switchboard, what is it that you want to open automatically when your database opens? Try setting the startup properties if you want to open a specific form - right click on the database window and left click on "Startup". Hope this helps. Damian. "Paul" wrote: > Hope someone can help. > > Looking for suitable au...

Sending XML Image
Hi, I'm trying to send an image over XML. My routine gets the name, then gets the image out of a SQL database. This part works fine... but the XML returns the object, I get the following error: "System.Drawing.Bitmap cannot be serialized because it does not have a default public constructor." Here is a sample of the code: <WebMethod(Description:="Send Image")> Public Function SendImage(ByVal ImageName As String) As Object Dim strSQL As String 'text SQL statement Dim cmdSQL As SqlCommand 'SQL command cnnCUS = New SqlCon...

VTD-XML Tutorial by Code Examples Posted
The C version: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vtd-xml/c_tutorial_by_code_examples.zip?use_mirror=easynews The C# version: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vtd-xml/CSharp_tutorial_by_code_examples.zip?use_mirror=superb-east The Java version: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vtd-xml/Java_tutorial_by_code_examples.zip?use_mirror=superb-east Also some latest articles: Schemaless Java-XML databinding with VTD-XML http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2007/09/07/schema-less-java-xml-data-binding-with-vtd-xml.html?page=last&x-showcontent=text&x-maxdepth=0 Index XML documents with VTD-XML...

changing the xml file
I have this xml file below, I want to change the value of debug to false. How can I do this in C# or VB.net. if possible in this case I want use SelectSingleNode <?xml version="1.0"?> <configuration> <configSections> <section name="dataConfiguration" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.DatabaseSettings, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data" /> </configSections> <connectionStrings> </connectionStrings> <appSettings> <add key="connectionString"...

Check date does not G/L posting date
Is there a control in the A/P module to prevent the check date from being different than the General Ledger date? Use batch level posting dates. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jack Cieniewicz" wrote: > Is there a control in the A/P module to prevent the check date from being > different than the General Ledger date? No because there are times you need the check date to be different -- ie manual checks being entered after the fact. "Jack Cieniewicz" <Jack Cieniewicz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0ECC3F-840E-46D2-AB7B-13DA652CDA0A@microso...

Traversing XML with Linq to XML
Hi I am struggling to navigate an XElement and I'm not sure what is going wrong. Here's my XML via vb's xml literals Dim l_testSchema = _ <Mappings> <Definitions> <ItemGroup> <Parent>Table</Parent> <Name>Name</Name> </ItemGroup> <Item> <Parent>Column</Parent> <Name>Name</Name> &l...

XML/MDAC Deployment question
I saw in another post that if you use the System.Data namespace you must deploy MDAC 2.6 or MDAC 2.7 with your application. Is that correct if you are using a DataSet to load Tables with XML data only? Like this: XMLDataFile = Application.StartupPath + @"\Data\theData.xml"; XMLSchemaFile = Application.StartupPath + @"\Data\theData.xsd"; dset.ReadXmlSchema(XMLSchemaFile); dset.ReadXml(XMLDataFile); dset.AcceptChanges(); The bellow code does not makes use of MDAC. -- Daniel D.C. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rig...

Reading an XML value
What's the fastest way to read an elements value from a string containing XML The readers require streams and creating a DOM brings a lot of overhead! Ta in advance M.McD Michael McD wrote: > What's the fastest way to read an elements value from a string containing XML? > > The readers require streams and creating a DOM brings a lot of overhead! Use XmlTextReader over StringReader: XmlReader r = new XmlTextReader(new StringReader(xmlStr)); That's the most effective way. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP] http://blog.tkachenko.com ...

nested xml from dataset
hello, i have seen multiple postings on the subject but no answer that addresses my question: I create a dataset using a xsd schema. the schema specifies a relation from one of the tables to the other table via a primary-secondary key on the tables. i load the data into the dataset. i show the data in a datagrid and i see that the relation worked because the data of the second table is attached to the data of the first table. when i then write out the xml with a: m_DynamicDataset.WriteXml("c:\\tomstest1.xml",XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema); i first see all the entries for the first t...

COGS/Margin calcs...once sales data posts, able to change?
Using Dynamics GP 7.5, We recently cam out with new finished goods items, and I attempted to set up these new items and corresponding Bill of Materials for them. I made a mistake somewhere along the process, and when inventory and sales data posted, the component goods costs were not captured in the COGS. This created a 100% profit margin for those particular prodcuts in data pulled using Crystal Reports. Is there a way to apply a certain amount of cost to these products that were previously assembled and had sales posted for them? The margins are currently calculating correctly ...

RMS to QB interface posting sale tax data
We us the direct interface RMS 2.0 to QB 2008 all works well except the posting of federal (gst) and state (PST) taxes to the gl in QB does not get picked up by the Agency Sales tax report in QB. To make it work we must MANUALLY set the TAX ITEM on the two daily postings to the tax accounts. It's a pain... Has anyone encountered this and developed an automated workaround? -- Lasting Impressions This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BD_01C9515F.C66A0670 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Gi...