VS2008 Framework 3.5 Web Service Accessed from Web 2.0 Client

Hi, I'm wondering if I made a large architectural screwup.  I wanted to use
new features in VS2008 including LINQ in my web service and have targeted the
3.5 framework with the web service.  However, my Windows Forms client targets
the 2.0 framework as I don't want my clients to have to download 3.5

All this works nicely in development but trying to deploy to a staging env I
experience problems.  I've deployed the web service sucessfully to IIS on my
local machine and can browse to the service definition using the address
below OK.

My app.config file contains the reference:
 <client>
         <endpoint address="http://rapservice/rap/RapService.asmx"
            binding="basicHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="RapService1Soap1"
            contract="RapService1.FireService1Soap" name="RapService1Soap1" />
      </client>

I get an error saying 'could not find default endpoint' which I can't seem
to resolve.  It worked in dev and so I did assume 2.0 -> 3.5 was not an
issue, but I'm grasping at straws now having tried everything else and also
seen VS2008 exibit other strange behaviour in the process.. including it
automatically adding TWO <endpoint> addresses (only diff is upper/lower case
address  e.g. RAPSERVICE/rapservice) when I add the service reference.

any ideas?

regards
ewat

0
Ewart (2)

Couple hours later and I've found the answer to my problem - I needed to
deploy the applname.exe.config file and was not.  However, I don't want to
deploy this file as I don't want the users to see it's contents (or
potentially change it)... I assume there is a mechnism for that?  anyone know
how?

regards
ewart

ps Microsoft there is stil some strange VS2008 behaviour as described but
the workaround is to delete the extra reference manually.

"Ewart" wrote:

> Hi, I'm wondering if I made a large architectural screwup.  I wanted to use
> new features in VS2008 including LINQ in my web service and have targeted the
> 3.5 framework with the web service.  However, my Windows Forms client targets
> the 2.0 framework as I don't want my clients to have to download 3.5
>
> All this works nicely in development but trying to deploy to a staging env I
> experience problems.  I've deployed the web service sucessfully to IIS on my
> local machine and can browse to the service definition using the address
> below OK.
>
> My app.config file contains the reference:
>  <client>
>          <endpoint address="http://rapservice/rap/RapService.asmx"
>             binding="basicHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="RapService1Soap1"
>             contract="RapService1.FireService1Soap" name="RapService1Soap1" />
>       </client>
>
> I get an error saying 'could not find default endpoint' which I can't seem
> to resolve.  It worked in dev and so I did assume 2.0 -> 3.5 was not an
> issue, but I'm grasping at straws now having tried everything else and also
> seen VS2008 exibit other strange behaviour in the process.. including it
> automatically adding TWO <endpoint> addresses (only diff is upper/lower case
> address  e.g. RAPSERVICE/rapservice) when I add the service reference.
>
> any ideas?
>
> regards
> ewat

0
Ewart (2)

WAN connection #3
How can I make a WAN connection between remote computers behind NAT without using port forwarding. My application is in vc++ MFC ...

2 question related to advanced research
Hello, I have 2 question related to advanced research: 1-Can I make and save parameterized views which take parameter in runtime? 2-can I custom the advance research form (for example can I custom the list of fields displayed related to an entity on which I will perform the research ? for example I would omit some fields(criteria of research ) form the list related to the account entity some help? thaanks in advance ...

Stacked Chart #2
Would like to have the charts largest data point on the top of the stacked chart instead of defaulting to the bottom. Other than going into data series and moving individually up or down, is there a faster way? -- Lindaslucy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lindaslucy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36721 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564474 ...

M2005 Trial
First, is MS going to fix the transaction matching problem that many of us Bank of America customers seem to be having? Second, is the trial version receiving patches/fixes? I'm sure not running out to buy M2005 until the trial version comes close to working properly. ...

Access 2007 03-17-07
How do I delete unwanted entries in the "Open recent databases list" on the Access 2007 start up page -- ...

Outlook 2003 does not send using the default account #2
This is a second posting for the problem as the answer did not resolve the problem. I have come across this problem. There are two accounts set up, one PRO and one PB. The PRO is set as the default account. Now though when a reply is sent, the PB account is used to send the email instead of the PRO account which is the one defined as default. I have noticed that an email from a person not sent on either a PB or PRO address still has it's reply sent on the PB account. We would have thought that it should send on the default account unless the reply was to a person sending on...

Installing Publisher #3
Any ideas on how many times you can install and register Publisher from one cd? -- Kelly which version? 2000 and earlier -- you can install multiple times. I'm not sure where the registration stands. On newer versions - -the ability to reinstall is limited. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kathryn Groves "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A35A3A3-47D3-4DD6-AD6B-D64F572FFE70@microsoft.com... > Any ideas on how many times you can install and register Publisher from > one cd? > -- > Kelly Publisher 2003. -- Kelly &q...

Copy Last 13 items #2
I have 2 worksheets no1 is a continuous row after row of monthly listings i.e. date, amount, no of items from 1999 to date. Worksheet no2 just shows the last 13 months. I would like a formula to go in worksheet 2 so it will automatically update its self after the current months figures have been added to the bottom of worksheet no1. I was told =offset(a1,count(a;a)-1,0) would give me the last item in a row less 1, but have not been able to get it to work successfully, Any other suggestions gratefully received. Bob Sorry originally posted this to programming board by mistake - not cross p...

Auto Format #2
This is interesting: I wish to apply one of the auto-formats to my selection of cells, and... IT DOES NOT WORK; I select the range of cells, properly select auto-format, etc. HOWEVER, IF I GO TO A BLANK WORKBOOK, THEN SELECT A GROUP OF BLANK CELLS...APPLY THE AUTO FORMAT...IT WORKS... THEN, I "COPY AND PASTE SPECIAL" (formatting only) INTO THE ORIGINAL WORKSHEET, AND IT WORKS!! Please help! I do not wish to copy and paste special. FLKulchar I have had similar problems with formatting when I use a file that was converted from Lotus to Excel. Other than that, I'm stum...

unable to start directory service
We have an exchange server (alpha) running Windows NT4 and Exchange 5.5 (called exchange1, for example). We would like to move the services over to a Windows 2000 machine running exchange 5.5 We installed 5.5 on the new server (exchange2) and configured it with the exact same site and organization settings. We created the same drives on the new server and then copied over the priv.edb, pub.edb and dir.edb. When we try to start the services, we get errors so I thought "run isinteg - patch" . Unfortunately, we can't run isinteg-patch because the directory service will not ...

File attachments #2
Hello, My org is converting to exchange from groupwise and we plan on adding quotas for both mailbox and file attachments. We are trying to find a third party provider that allows larger file attachment via FTP that would intergrate into exchange/outlook by including a link in the email as to where to download the file from. Do any of you have any suggestions on where to look? I've tried to google it, but I have been unable to locate any services like i've described. Thanks in advance! Bump please.. "CJS" wrote: > Hello, > > My org is converting to excha...

VS2008 close without any error when try to add control to toolbox
I want to add a control from toolbox, choose item but VS2008 close without any error. How to fix it? -- Message posted via http://www.dotnetmonster.com On Jan 29, 11:09=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote: > =A0I want to add a control from toolbox, choose item but VS2008 close wit= hout > any error. > > How to fix it? > > -- > Message posted viahttp://www.dotnetmonster.com A standard one? If it happens in all projects, I would suggest to reinstall Studio. Alexey Smirnov wrote: >On Jan 29, 11:09 pm, &...

Filter #3
Hello I am using Outlook 2002 and would like to set up a filter that counts how may emails that are sent to someone and then stops and goes to the next person in the filter list and sends X amount to that person. This is for sales lead distrubtion. Any help will be so good!! BW That sounds an awful lot like spamming. Have these people opt-ed in for your X amount of email? "BW" <mail98@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hp7Oe.223370$X76.189443@tornado.texas.rr.com... > Hello > I am using Outlook 2002 and would like to set up a filter that counts how > may emails t...

Downloading a lot of data from web
Hi, I have to download a lot of data from the web. Data is in a timespan of 10 years (1.1.1997. until today which is about 365x11 sheets in excel), URLs are distinguished by date http://something/DATE/somethingelse/ I have it in two places. In one format of the date in URL is yyyy/mm/dd in another it is mm.dd.yyyy. Can someone tell me the code that: -cycles through the DATEs (I know how to enter date by separating it in three variables Year, Month and Day but making few for...next loops with a lot of exceptions doesn't seem to be the best way when dates are in 39xyz format) and tran...

MS Project Server 2007
When identifying the anaylsis services server in the Cube Building section of 'server settings', can we use the "/" character to identify our server? We have two analysis servers running on the same box. I try to type in the character, and it does nothing. -- ITPM ITPM -- In a situation like this, type the name of the Analysis Services Server into a Notepad document, including the forward slash character, then copy the name from Notepad and paste it into the Cube Building section. Does that work for you? Let us know. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of...

Money
I am trying to set up a reoccuring payment due on Monday, every three weeks. MS Money 2003 Deluxe does not have this as an option. Any suggestions? Kevin No straightforward way I am afraid. You could try monthly payments of week1, week2 and week3. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com. "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

VS2008 sp1
I've just installed Visual Studio 2008 Service pack 1. Well that gets my vote for inept patch of the month award. It hangs reporting that it can't proceed because Microsoft Debug Manager is running. That would be the Microsoft Debug Manager service... which is part of Visual Studio <slaps forehead>. So despite me running the patch installer as administrator, it can't stop its own service in order to update it (or more likely didn't even try). So I fired up the services applet in mmc, stopped the service, and then went home, leaving the patch running overnight (this pupp...

Junk mail filter #2
I get a lot of spam with "Willia" in the subject line. I can set the junk mail filter to put these emails into my junk folder. However, when I do that it also puts anything with "William" into that same folder. How do I set the filter to only put the truncated spelling into the junk mail folder. >I get a lot of spam with "Willia" in the subject line. I >can set the junk mail filter to put these emails into my >junk folder. However, when I do that it also puts >anything with "William" into that same folder. Perhaps making the string the...

replacing #N/A with 0
In Excell 2003 how would I write this formula to replace the #N/A with 0? Can it be done? =VLOOKUP(A5,Group!$C$1251:$H$1287,6,0) Mark =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A5,Group!$C$1251:$H$1287,6,0)),0,VLOOKUP(A5,Group!$C$1251:$H$1287,6,0)) Regards Trevor "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F2E5C4C-C1A9-49AA-8468-9CFC0577D508@microsoft.com... > In Excell 2003 how would I write this formula to replace the #N/A with 0? > Can > it be done? > > =VLOOKUP(A5,Group!$C$1251:$H$1287,6,0) =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A5,Group!$C$1251:$H$1287,6,0)),0,VLOOKUP(A5,G...

Thermal Printer. 3 Part Paper. DOH!!!
So I ordered the client a thermal printer not knowing that thermal meant no-luck with 3 part paper. So now I am in a bit of a boiling pot. What are the options? Is there some way a thermal printer can do 3 part paper? If not what is a Star Micronics Printer that does 3 part. The client went with a 613 which one do we get if replacing it is our only option? Rex, How about changing the Receipt Count to 3 in the Receipt properties. Problem is that your customer in going to tear the receipt into the three copies. Next time, sell a 643 that has a paper cutter. It will cut each for you. -- ...

An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework X library.
"An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework X library." I get this message every time I start up Word, Powerpoint, or Excel in Office v.X. I've done a search on how to fix this in Microsoft database and a separate Google search, but I only come up with this which doesn't work: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/errors.html#anchor-error_framework Is there anything else I can do? I have misplaced my Office CD's so I can't reinstall. Please help, it's making my Mac itch in all the wrong places. Kerry Snyder Hi Kerry, Please use Find...

Accessing MSN Websites
I have not been able to get online now for a week and a half. Can anyone give me some kind of help? PLEASE! Who is your ISP? Did you ask them for help? Any error messages? The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the=20 Windows Mail program. We do not cover general connectivity issues here.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Pacoon" <pacoon_52@msn.com> wrote in message = news:OI63$HEhKHA.1460@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have not been able to get online...

Outlook 2003 hangs after opening up 5 custom forms
I have a public folder with a few subfolders. All these subfolders contain the same custom form. Whenever I open up an item in these subfolders, it installs the custom form into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\FORMS folder. When I go to a different subfolder and open an item, it installs the custom form again. What happens is that when the first form is installed, a folder IPM.Task.taskname is created. The second time the form is installed, the folder IPM.Task.taskname00 is created. The third time, the folder IPM.Task.taskname000 is created. This...

How do I import CRM 1.2 live data into CRM 1.2 test server
I was told to use the CRM redeployment tools for this but I got stuck. I ran the "user data export wizard" on my current CRM server but it failed to create the XML documents. I got the error: The wizard could not find the Microsoft CRM originizational unit (OU) that was specified in the database. Make sure the OU exists in Active Directory. I know the OU exsists and I can see it from the CRM machine. I am logging in as domain admin. What do you think I have missed? TIA Eric ...

#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 To and From addresses rejected meet you
Hi to all, this is the NDR i get some time: From: System Administrator Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:24 AM To: Branka McBride+; Tony Lastoria+ Subject: Undeliverable: Eric Teacher out of office notification Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Eric Teacher out of office notification Sent: 3/8/2006 8:23 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Branka McBride+ on 3/8/2006 8:25 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administ...