VS2003 XML Visualizer missing!

Hi all gurus,
in my PCs I have VS2010, VS2008 and... VS2003. Why? Others lack 2k3's XML
visualizer, which is able to show XML's data, if it comes from a DataSet
serialization. Looking at various replies, someone suggests to use a XML
visualizer, but I've tried a bunch of these objects, and usually they require
XSLT, XSD or other objects to let me observe contained data, while 2k3's one
simply infers data structure from XML itself, and then shows data formatted
that way. Can pls some1 of you help me to achieve the same result in VS2008?
Is out there any visualizer that does such a thing?
Lot of thanks in advance!

tesis

Missing transactions & account
Has this happened to anyone else? All of my transactions from over 4 months ago in my checking account are gone. An older (closed) account is now gone. These were accounts that were synced from my PocketPC. This appears to have happened to me quite a few weeks ago as my oldest backup also has these items missing. I suspect that my PocketPC sync is responsible. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone else have any ideas as to what might have cause this? ...

CToolBar issues with visual styles
I'm creating an MFC app with VC++ 6.0. I added a manifest file for XP Visual Styles, and it seems to work, with the exception of the toolbar. (1) The gripper does not draw correctly--you can see through it to the window behind. (2) If you click on a toolbar button with both mouse buttons at once, the toolbar will stop working and the application with soon crash. Any solutions to these problems? Or should I just rip out the manifest file and live with the Win2k look? TIA. P.S. Anyone else here think XP Visual Styles are a horrible kludge? Okay, I've found solutions to both pr...

Read & Write To XML
Hi, i like to read an existing xml file which has a schema defined to it, and then write or add data to the existing xml file using vb.net/c#. May be this Question has been answered earlier. Pls if anyone knows the link or example let me know Thanks ARvind. did you search the archives? ice "Arvind P Rangan" <arvind99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eHag3hxjDHA.976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > i like to read an existing xml file which has a schema defined to it, and > then write or add data to the existing xml file using vb.net/c#. > > May be thi...

Outlook 2000 Tools Accounts option missing on menu
Having just removed 2 trojans and a worm from system, the Tools menu does not show the Accounts option. Any suggestions? Try detect & repair, maybe? Jeven wrote: > Having just removed 2 trojans and a worm from system, the > Tools menu does not show the Accounts option. Any > suggestions? ...

can't execute "create table" command with Visual Web Developer express
I have a folder with a web site I'm developing which is connected to a database. Every time I move the folder to a different computer it's a pain when I have to move the database and change the connection string. I've thought to use for the first time a database in the app_data folder and move all the database inside it. Nevertheless, when I try to create the same tables with the query "create table ..." I get and error saying that "SQL CREATE TABLE" is not supported. Is there a way to manage this situation? -- Giuseppe Giuseppe...

Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression '6 Wescott Rd#
....State:37000,Native:-3100,Origin:[Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] How can I correct this so I can continue to (try to) merge into Avery for a postcard mailer? ...

Visual Basic in Excel 2007
I have used a visual basic routine to save the date and time when I save an Excel file. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(By Val SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) Worksheets("Worksheet name").Range("Celled").Value = Now() End Sub I recently saved the file as an *.xlsm file with a password required to open the file. (A password is not required to modify the file) As long as the file is password protected, the routine does not work. As soon as I remove the password to open the file, the routine works as it normally does. In the trust center: I have enable...

XML Guru Needed!
In converting a VB6 app using MSXML2 to a VB.NET app using System.xml, I'm looking a cross-reference. What would the equivalent .NET XML command be to 'transformNodeToObject?' Thanks! Steve Covert wrote: > In converting a VB6 app using MSXML2 to a VB.NET app using System.xml, I'm > looking a cross-reference. What would the equivalent .NET XML command be to > 'transformNodeToObject?' If you want to do an XSLT transformation in .NET 1.0 or 1.1 look at System.Xml.Xsl.Transform: <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpre...

Visual FoxPro to VB
I am working on the conversion of Visual FoxPro designed forms and processes into Access 2003. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to make the code used in FoxPro work in VB. Here is what happens in FoxPro. A user enters a beginning & an end date on the "entry" form. The form then writes the entries to the table for all of the dates that fall in the range. For example: Beginning Date: 6/2/2007 Through Date: 6/10/2007 The data is written to the table for 6/2, 6/3, 6/4, etc. Here is the code as written in FoxPro for this function: public diff, count m.thrudate=m.thrudate+...

transform xml from client to server
Hello, I am using .net. I need to transfer table data of an html (client) to the server. I don't know if best thing to do is (and correct me if I'm wrong) : 1) translate the table to xml code via javascript. 2) use the xml text as a parameter send to web-service. * First thing I want to know, is how can I translate the table to xml code, since the following code is wrong, and I don't understand why : var i; var j; var myXML; var currRow; var currCell; var currControl; var newnode; var newText; var currControlLen; myXML = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLD...

VS2003 Workspace
I normally have Class View etc docked to the left and source files tabbed to the rest of the window. For some unknown reason, I clicked Reset Window Layout in Options and Class View etc are docked to the right. How do I revert to what it was ? Dragging them to the left doesn't work too well. Thanks Why didnt it work. Have only one session open before changing the positions and then exit. That should do it. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Hi Ian, Remember that VS keeps track of the view for various status (debugging, not debugging, resource window open, etc.) You can set any...

.xml database creation
how do i create a .xml database? every time i try it, the data gets all mixed up... ...

Insert xml VS2008
Hello, I am trying (for the first time) to create an insert statement to insert xml into an sql2005 db with a datatype of "xml'. When I try to use the query builder to create an Insert Statement, it doesnt let me mark any on my xml fields for inclusion in the query. How come? Thanks Are you sending xml "in" and storing the entire xml in a column in a table? Or are you trying to parse (shred) the xml and get at individual values (or rows of data)? ............ See: http://pratchev.blogspot.com/2007/06/shredding-xml-in-sql-server-2005.html for shredding ...

A simple XML transformation
Hi all, I have some XML that looks kind of like this: <TopLevel> <file path = ".\SomePath\SomeFile.xxx" /> <file path = "C:\SomeFolder\SomeFile.xxx" /> </TopLevel> I want to replace every file path that meets a simple criteria (the path begins with "C:\Something") with a different path. I know how to do this sort of thing using regular expressions, and I could figure out how to do it using an XMLReader, but I'm sure there is a 3-line solution using some XPath magic. 1. Can some kind soul please post a simple example...

CRM SDK 3.0 Callouts Support for Visual Studio 2005?
I am developing a PreCreate callout with the latest version of the CRM 3.0 SDK (3.0.5, June 2006). I have read in eariler posts that developing callouts with VS 2005 and .NET is not support. Is that still true in the latest version of the CRM SDK? There is no mention of it in the sdkreadme.htm. I did not know that VS2005 was not support and developed a callout. The callout gets called and everything was working until I attempted a CRMServer.RetrieveMultiple(query) call which fails. I have tried all sorts of security impersonation solutions (add the user to PrivUserGroup, etc...) with ...

Missing Sheet tab #2
The tab where I select Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 etc is missing how can I get it back??? I am using Excel 2007 Thanks Kamal Try Changing your display resoulution up a step? And then open the file. Kamal wrote: > The tab where I select Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 etc is missing how can I get > it back??? > > I am using Excel 2007 > > Thanks > Kamal > > ...

Displaying XML document in ASP.NET page using XSL Transform
I have an XML document that I am trying to display in my ASP.NET page. I am using an XSL Transform to display repeating XML data in a specific format. It reads the data, and displays it on my page, but there's a problem. It runs all the data together on one line. The XSL file is as follows: -- begin xml --- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:template match="/guestbook"> <xsl:apply-templates select="guestbook" /&g...

Help Please: Missing emails need to be restored....How To....Thanks
Hello, Prior to working on a friends computer, I backed up her pst file. She had on huge attachment that was trying to send, and consequently slowing down her whole system. I just deleted that email and presto, her machine was back to norml. I was praised. About a day or two later, she called me to tell me some of her email had vanished. Everything else was functional, but many of her emails (sent, etc.) were gone. I told her I would come by and use the backup of her pst file to restore the missing emails. Does anybody have a step by step, idiot's guide to restoring some of the em...

XML/XSl
Hi everyone, I am performing an XSL transformation on IIS 5 with a dot net application and I am getting the following error message: This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'WHITESPACE'. Line 2, position 62. Error Dump: System.Xml.XmlException: This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'WHITESPACE'. Line 2, position 62. at System.Xml.Schema.DtdParser.SkipWhitespace(Boolean fRequired) at System.Xml.Schema.DtdParser.ParseExternalID() at System.Xml.Schema.DtdParser.ParseDocTypeDecl() at System.Xml.Schema.DtdParser.Parse() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader....

I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application.
Hi folks I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application Regards David You can use LoadImage to load it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56C2D61B-7556-4484-A317-D16B53D255B9@microsoft.com... > Hi folks, > > I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application. > > Regards, > David ...

Can an XML file have an icon?
Is there a way I can put icon data into an XML file so Windows displays the file with its own custom icon rather than the generic XML-file icon? What kinds of files (in Vista and up) can have their own distinctive icons? Thanks! ...

Visual Studio hangs during Debugging a thread:
VC++ 6.0 Enterprise edition WindowsXP SP2 A Simple test project was generated with MFC app wizard (dialog based). //////////////////////////////////////////// // The following code was added to CTestDlg.cpp: void CTestDlg::OnOK() { // Start test m_pThread = AfxBeginThread(TestThread, &tinf_OnOkThread); m_hThread = m_pThread->m_hThread; // Save Handle to ThreadFunction //CDialog::OnOK(); } UINT CTestDlg::TestThread(LPVOID lpParam) { int _i; for (_i = 0; _i <= 10000000; _i++) { _i = _i; } // << BREAKPOINT is set here return(0); } //////////////////////////////////////...

Missing File Names
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC When clicking on an Excel file I get the following message: ':Mac Excel Expander:Mac Excel Expander' could not be found. I also get this message when trying to launch a Word file. I have recently removed Office 2008 and reinstalled 2004. Thanks ...

E-mails Missing in Outlook Express 2003
My E-mail messages were compacted this afternoon and now all of my E-mail messages dated from 1-12-07 to today 03-22-07 are missing. How can I retrieve them? -- Ray10X10 This is a Office Outlook newsgroup. You should repost this to the = Outlook Express newsgroup. Meanwhile here is a snip from a post by Bruce Hagen MVP-OE <snip> The bak files are created in the Recycle Bin when you compact,=20 OE uses dbx files which are the ones backed up as bak files. . If you are using OE, this is how to restore dbx (bak) files. All e-mail items may be missing when you start Outlook Express...