VS2003 XML Visualizer missing!

Hi all gurus,
in my PCs I have VS2010, VS2008 and... VS2003. Why? Others lack 2k3's XML
visualizer, which is able to show XML's data, if it comes from a DataSet
serialization. Looking at various replies, someone suggests to use a XML
visualizer, but I've tried a bunch of these objects, and usually they require
XSLT, XSD or other objects to let me observe contained data, while 2k3's one
simply infers data structure from XML itself, and then shows data formatted
that way. Can pls some1 of you help me to achieve the same result in VS2008?
Is out there any visualizer that does such a thing?
Lot of thanks in advance!

tesis

Transforming XML to HTML using XSL in .NET
Hi all, I need to transform an xml document, using xsl to a HTML output. I can do this successfully using the XslTransform class as below: Dim oTrans As New XslTransform oTrans.Load(sXSLPath) oTrans.Transform(sXMLPath, "c:\trans.htm") However, I need to transform everything from supplied strings. ie the XML and XSL are provided as inputs (not the paths). Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance. Sergio > I need to transform an xml document, using xsl to a HTML output. > However, I need to transform everything from supplied strings. ie ...

Change XML elements sequence
Can anyone help me please.. I am using vb.net to WriteXML from Ms Access tables to an output stream. Basically, I retrieve data from 3 tables then use DataRelations to link these three tables, set the Nested property of these DataRelations to True so that in the the output XML document, the child node would be nested within the parent node. Dim DS as DataSet Dim Relation_1 As DataRelation = DS.Relations.Add ("Relation_1", DS.Tables("Table_1").Columns("ID_1"), DS.Tables("Table_2").Columns("ID_1")) Relation_1.Nested = True D...

Menus Missing Suddenly
I have multiple companies in GP 9. Suddenly some menus disappeared from Transactions > Financials > Bank Management in one company. Can i restore them? Thanks! Did you check security for that company? Did you try it logged in as sa? "create_share" <createshare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11EF880C-4936-4EB7-AABA-6A39FB3EE1B1@microsoft.com... >I have multiple companies in GP 9. Suddenly some menus disappeared from > Transactions > Financials > Bank Management in one company. Can i restore > them? > > Thanks! I tried SA a...

Shared Excel Worksheet missing.
I have three users running XL 2000 with the latest SR. They claimed after trying to save this large shared Excel spreadsheet to the server, it said it did not exist. The only option was for this user to save to his local desktop. After trying to access the document on the server, it no longer existed. I'm wondering if the server some how locked the file after another user had it open and closed the spreadsheet, only to create a hidden locked file on the server preventing the user to save the spreadsheet to the same location? --tj Did they possibly get this error message? ...

ASP to ASP.NET --- XMLHTTP error--XML document must have a top level element
Hi i am converting an ASP page to ASP.NET. The original ASP code works perfectly but in ASP.NET i am getting the error "XML document must have a top level element." I have checked the XML being sent and it looks exactly the same as the live (working version). The back end code has not changed at all. The client side code is as follows: Dim xmlhttp, WISERServer WISERServer = "JK-VM1/production/Pages/XML.asp" xmlhttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.XmlHttp.4.0") xmlhttp.open("GET", WISERServer, False) xmlhttp.setReques...

VS2003 Workspace
I normally have Class View etc docked to the left and source files tabbed to the rest of the window. For some unknown reason, I clicked Reset Window Layout in Options and Class View etc are docked to the right. How do I revert to what it was ? Dragging them to the left doesn't work too well. Thanks Why didnt it work. Have only one session open before changing the positions and then exit. That should do it. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Hi Ian, Remember that VS keeps track of the view for various status (debugging, not debugging, resource window open, etc.) You can set any...

LINQ to xml with grouping

XML Instance from XML Schema
How do I create an instance of XML from XML Schema (xsd to be specific) and instantiate its elements in C#? EAI wrote: > How do I create an instance of XML from XML Schema (xsd to be specific) and > instantiate its elements in C#? You can't. What you can do is getting Schema-information from the SchemaObjectModel and build some XML for this. But as there is not "the one" XML-file that matches the schema, there is no easy way (consider XHTML). -- Pascal Schmitt Can I create a cs file from schema using XSD tool and then create new instance and instantiate it a...

Get attribute from Xml file
I'm looking to get noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute from the following Xml file. Whats the most efficient way to do this using the XmlDocument class in c#? <?xml version="1.0"?> <IPDRDoc xmlns="http://www.ipdr.org/namespaces/ipdr" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="email.xsd" docId="d0af6d45-00f8-5000-f930-01760a250156" creationTime="2003-11-12T16:04:07.046Z" IPDRRecorderInfo="IPDRDocTest" version="3.1"> <IPDR xsi:type="IPDR-EMAIL-Type&q...

Missing Transactions
I have had some transactions for a specific payee disappear for a series of months. I know the transactions were in the register in previous months as I have reconciled and created reports using the information. The items are autodrafts that I download directly from the bank. Transactions for this payee have disappeared for activity between March 2004 and April 2005. All other payee transactions in those months are still in my register. I am viewing all transactions for all dates and have no idea what would cause these transactions to go missing. I do not have a backup or archive ...

CToolBar issues with visual styles
I'm creating an MFC app with VC++ 6.0. I added a manifest file for XP Visual Styles, and it seems to work, with the exception of the toolbar. (1) The gripper does not draw correctly--you can see through it to the window behind. (2) If you click on a toolbar button with both mouse buttons at once, the toolbar will stop working and the application with soon crash. Any solutions to these problems? Or should I just rip out the manifest file and live with the Win2k look? TIA. P.S. Anyone else here think XP Visual Styles are a horrible kludge? Okay, I've found solutions to both pr...

Reading a dataset into XML
I have a table in my SQL Server that I am loading into a datatable. I am then saving the dataset that this table is a member of (it's the only table in the dataset) to an XML file so that I can use it offline in another part of my program. The code I use for this is: ds.WriteXML("c:\clients.xml") 'DS is my dataset object This generates an XML file like the following (the entire XML file is included in this post at the end of the message) <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <ClientData> <Clients> <c_recordid>...

Visual Basic
Hi, I trying to create a table using visual basic, when i try to run it. It prompt me "No fields defined, can't append Table or Index. Anyone, could highlight to me what is the problem. My code is as follows: Public Sub PCreateTable() Dim dbs As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef Dim idx As DAO.Index Dim fldTradeDate As DAO.Field Dim fldStockName As DAO.Field Dim fldRemarks As DAO.Field Dim fldCurrency As DAO.Field Dim fldClose As DAO.Field Dim fldChange As DAO.Field Dim fldVolume As DAO.Field Dim fldHigh As DAO.Field Dim fldLow As DAO.Field Dim fldValue As DAO.Field Dim fldDay...

how do i get missing rows back
My excel worksheet is missing rows 37-58. There is a heavy gray gridline in between rows 36 & 59. Where did they go? How do I get them back? Hi Select from rows 36:59>right click>Unhide -- Regards Roger Govier "dkresch" <dkresch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EDE73AB-87DB-43DB-B9DB-E7E82C7D39D9@microsoft.com... > My excel worksheet is missing rows 37-58. There is a heavy gray gridline > in > between rows 36 & 59. Where did they go? How do I get them back? "dkresch" <dkresch@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

newbie quesion on missing clw fiile
Hi, I downloaded several VC++ projects from Internet, I am able to open them using VC++ 6.0, but when I tried to open class wizard, I got error message that the clw file is missing, do I want to build it from the source files. When I click yes, I saw all the .cpp, .h ... My quesion is, which files should I choose to build the clw file? TIA "Raymond Du" <rdrd@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uYeCKZvZEHA.2544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I downloaded several VC++ projects from Internet, I am able to open them > using VC++ 6.0, but when I tried to open class...

vs2003 & xsd:extension
Hello, I have already read several existing posts about xsd:extension, but do not find something useful to my test case. I have one xml file and one xsd file. I can use a simple command line (C#) program to validate the xml file against the xsd file without any error. The problem is that when I validate the same xml file within VisualStudio 2003, I got five errors, which are all related to xsd:extension. It seems that those "problem" attributes and elements are not inherited in the derived type. Here is one of the famous error: Could not find any attribute 'routingNum'...

VISTA HAL DLL MISSING
Downloaded a jigsaw puzzle from a vendor's website and played for several hours, left open and left computer running 2 hours, computer was frozen. Restarted then had error message that OS (Vista Home Premium) could not be loaded as the hal dll was missing. Have contacted Dell and are sending me a hard drive ( second one in two months for this new Vista computer) but wonder if there is another solution as I have some files that were not backed up, just started using the computer again last week. Unable to load system, tried restore, windows os disc will not run to replace window...

Missing message box icon in Windows Vista
Vista RC1, x86 and x64. When a message box is displayed which should contain a question mark icon, the icon is missing. This occurs both in my MFC application, and in the uninstall program generated by InnoSetup when it asks if the user really wants to uninstall the application. Only the question mark icon seems affected. Does anybody else see this? David Wilkinson Yep. My guess is the icon is just missing from the OS of course you'd think it would cause an error in the LoadOEMIcon or LoadStandardIcon calls. Tom "David Wilkinson" <no-reply@effisols.com> wrote in...

saving XML file usinf XMLDoc
I have this small snippet below and i want to save some data back to the xml file. So i looked for a node and checked if the node value is the same as a textbox value and if yes i pass in the new value entered from a textbox back t the xml datasource. I'm populating values of the textboxes from an xml dtrasource But it doesn't see to work am i missing something Thanks in advance string g = bbW; if (node["Weighting"].InnerText == Weighting.Text) { node["Weighting"].InnerText = g; } ------------------------------------------------- code below public void saveX...

XML Markup Language
Looking for the XML command to Resize a picture on a full page Reciept. The Current picture is VERY tiny. <TABLE> <TOP> MarginTop </TOP> <FONT> "Large" </FONT> <BORDER> tbNone </BORDER> <COLUMNHEADER> <ALIGNMENT> "<~" </ALIGNMENT> <WIDTH> PageWidth * 0.50 </WIDTH> <TEXT> "" </TEXT> </COLUMNHEADER> <COLUMNHEADER> <ALIGNMENT> "<~" </ALIGNMENT> <WIDTH> PageWidth * 0.50...

[Visual C++] Question on LNK 2001 Errors while Building EXE
Hello? I'm June from S.Korea. I'm sorry if I am at a wrong place for my question. I'm practicing echo client code. Below is what I copied from a textbook. The problem is, there're 0 error, 0 warning at compiling. But There're 10 errors at Building EXE files. How can I troubleshoot them? I already #included winsock2.h, which has the definition for the functions listed in the 10 error messages.And the help says the linker doesn't find definition for the functions listed. Thanks for reading and still I'm not sure if I'm at a right place to ask. But hope you will h...

Missing some log files, need to replay to .edb
Here the unfortunate situation: 1. I have restored a pub/priv backup to Exchange2003 from Day01. 2. I only have readable transaction log files, starting on Day03, due to hardware failure. 3. I no longer have the original corrupted pub/priv, as they have been overwritten by the resotre of Day01. 4. I am missing all email from Day02 - Day 07 because exchange wont reply the log files, because again they start on Day03. So im summary I have all the logfiles from Day03 - Day07, is there a tool that will allow me to connect to those log files and "play" them into the live serve...

Emails missing complete body content, but msg is partly visible in preview mode
Hi, I have a problem reapprear with my emails which causes the email body not to be displayed at all. However if i see them in preview mode, i am able to see the first 2-3 lines only. Trying to see these mails under "OWA" or using imap/pop from another client does not allow me to view the mail content. The last time this happened a couple of months back, my mailbox was recreated (ughh ). I am running outlook 2003 (11.8002.8028) SP2 in cache mode and i was not using any other email client to download mails simulatenously. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rgds, Monit ...

Missing date in preview pane

Outlook missing a file and won't open
Today when I opened Outlook Express (Windows 98) a box came up saying it could not be opened because it could not find the file MSOERES.DLL. Yesterday I did some disk cleanup and deleted two programs, AOL Instant Messenger, and Greetings Workshop. Now I can't open Outlook. Do I need to reinstall it? If so will I lose all my settings and emails? Can I download it from the web. Can I download just that one file? Thanks for your help! Ask in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office, Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. Yo...