vb.net xml namespace xmlns xmldocument

I am using XMLDocument to create my xml.  How do I remove the
namespace information ?  It is being put on all my xml nodes:

<MyServ xmlns="http://www....../XInclude>
    <Timeout xmlns="">100</Timeout
<MyServ>

I am using CreateElement as such

    xElem = newXMLConfigDoc.CreateElement("Timeout")
    xElem.InnerText = "100"
    rootNode.AppendChild(xElem)

What am I doing wrong ??

0
marfi95 (4)

marfi95 wrote:
> I am using XMLDocument to create my xml.  How do I remove the
> namespace information ?  It is being put on all my xml nodes:
>
> <MyServ xmlns="http://www....../XInclude>
>     <Timeout xmlns="">100</Timeout
> <MyServ>

         Const XiNs As String = "http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/"
         Dim XmlDoc As XmlDocument = New XmlDocument
         XmlDoc.AppendChild(XmlDoc.CreateElement("MyService"))
         Dim XiAttribute As XmlAttribute =
XmlDoc.CreateAttribute("xmlns", "xi", XiNs)
         XiAttribute.Value = "http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude"
         XmlDoc.DocumentElement.SetAttributeNode(XiAttribute)
         Dim Timeout As XmlElement = XmlDoc.CreateElement("Timeout")
         Timeout.InnerText = "100"
         XmlDoc.DocumentElement.AppendChild(Timeout)

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

VB distmon?
Hi I have recently installed Office 2003. A couple of wired things happen in Excel: > Everytime I close the program I get a MS VB error that reads "Compile error in hidden module: Distmon" Every time open the program I get the same error, but the macro it is calling is "autoexecnew" > Since my new installation, I type in an simple function like TRIM and it tells me cannot find project library. any ideas? Thnaks! Alan Alan http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Sta...

Excel VB
I have two cells in a workbook that are dates. The cell Start_Date has a valid date in it. The second cell Test_Date is either blank or has a valid date in it. The IsDate test on both cells works fine, however, on a blank cell the Month function extracts "12". Anyone know why? I had to put the month function within a test for IsDate to make it work. Seems like Month function on a blank cell should return something other than a 12. Dave Test code: If IsDate(Range("Start_Date")) Then 'Cell has 11/01/09 in it. MsgBox ("start date a d...

Selectnodes
Hi, Given this: http://rss.asdf.dk/theothermusic.rss how do you use selectnodes/Xpath to return all title-items (//title is not working). I think it a problem with namespace but i can't solve the problem. Thanks, Mads MacDk wrote: > http://rss.asdf.dk/theothermusic.rss > > how do you use selectnodes/Xpath to return all title-items (//title is > not working). I think it a problem with namespace but i can't solve > the problem. //rss:title And don't forget to bind rss prefix to appropriate namespace in XmlNamespaceManager. If this is still not insightful for...

Cannot Add any window to VB
Hello: I'm using a VM with GP 10.0 SP3 installed. In order to have the same as our production databases i copy the GP folder, entirely, which i think it was a mistake now I'm getting a "This cannot be added to Visual Basic", whenever i try to add a window, any window, to VB. Also it goes without saying that there's a lot of load errors starting GP. For the record the copy/paste thing worked, sort of, and before you start thinking that i was insane to have done this, there's a reason behind it, There's been a lot of tweaks to our production server, by our p...

Download NET 3.5 Sp1 Service Pack
I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. I have XP They do not exist - there is only Dot Net Fx 3.5 SP1. "marlsrsoftball" <marlsrsoftball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49BC29A3-F9B1-430B-B5EE-C4DA5B6C0E95@microsoft.com... >I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. > > I have XP What it is saying ".NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 Framwork not installed when I try to dowload it i get an Error Code: 0x80070645 Fred "Jerry" wrote: > They do not exist - there is...

How to determine encoding of XML file ?
I need to read XML file, transform it and then save in the same encoding. XmlDocument class naturally has no encoding-related members. How can I determine encoding of XML file ? Oleg Subachev Oleg Subachev wrote: > I need to read XML file, transform it and then save in the same encoding. > XmlDocument class naturally has no encoding-related members. If the XML document has an XML declaration with an encoding specified then xmlDocument.FirstChild is the XmlDeclaration node and has a property named Encoding: XmlDocument xmlDocument = new XmlDocument(); xmlDocument.L...

Free Workshop on .NET and Programming Solutions by Dr. Venkat
Those of us programming on the .NET framework have come to realize the power and increased productivity that comes with it, says Dr. Venkat Submramaniam. Like any development, however, there are things that one should pay attention to while programming on .NET. Are there things in .NET that, if we do not pay attention to, may result in more trouble than it is worth? Learn all there is to know in a FREE video workshop conducted by Dr. Venkat Subramaniam. In the workshop recorded at Saltmarch Media's Great Indian Developer Summit, Venkat presents Gotchas that a developer needs ...

vb from VC++
Hi, is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg MFC functions cheers Anthony Presumably you are referring to MS Excel spreadsheets and workbooks. The easiest method would be to import the appropriate type library (.tlb) provided with Excel, having the class wizard generate the classes, which you then use to access the Excel Automation model (that is the same model that Excel VBA uses). Some investigation may be needed to determine which tlb to use, and to make sure you have a basic understand...

How to present Many
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_016B_01C394FE.03560940 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable It's easy to present "One - Many" relationship in XML, but how to present "Many - Many" relationship in XML? ------=_NextPart_000_016B_01C394FE.03560940 Content-Type: text/html; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type...

VB in Excel
In Excel I go into Visual Basic Editor, then Visual Basic Help, but when I type 'Passwords' for example it will bring up a list of related items, but some of them you can't select. Does this mean the installation CD is corrupt and hasn't installed all the components? I have reinstalled and repaired the installtion but to no avail. Any ideas anyone? Help! Thanks ...

VB.Net program to create XML file
I need to create an xml file from a VB program using fields returned from an sql query. I have a template that was provided for me and need to use verbatim. Since this is just a text file, I gather that I can just write out the file with all of the tags, etc., and name it .xml. Assuming that is correct what I might want to do is create a template so that if this file changes the names of the elements, all I have to do is change the template and if more elements get added I can then add them. Is there a tool that can do this for me? If I have to create one, any suggestions as to what I ...

xml/xsl to create msbuild files........MSB4097......and an xsl workarounds(??)
<!-- The xml in question --> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Project DefaultTargets="AllTargetsWrapper" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003"> <!-- - - --> <Target Name="AllTargetsWrapper" xmlns=""> <Message Text="You just called the Target named 'AllTargetsWrapper'" /> </Target> <!-- - - --> <Target Name="Target1" xmlns=""> <Message Text="You just called the Target named '...

VB++ Exe zum Ansprechen einer VB ActiveX DLL
Hallo zusammen. Ich ben�tige eine EXE, welche in einer DOS-Box mit Parametern aufgerufen wird und das Ergebnis auch wieder in dieser DOS-Box zur�ckbringt. Mit VB ist dies leider nicht zu machen. Nun weiss ich zwar das dies mit einer VC++ Exe geht, bin aber leider C Neuling. Kann mir dazu jemand ein Beispiel posten ? Die C++ Exe soll einen auf der Commandozeile �bergebenen String (das sind die ganzen Parameter) an eine Funktion einer VB ActiveX DLL �bergeben. Das Ergebnis soll dann von der ActiveX DLL an die C++ Exe zur�ckgegeben werden und in der selben DOS-Box angezeigt werden. Hoffe es k...

VB Script
Hi all, I need a VB script code to verify whether a specific Local user ID on a remote machine, in workgroup, is having a specific password. For instance I need to check whether target machine consists a local user "DSADMIN" 's password set to "Pa55word". If the target machine consists this user account and the password is also correct then it should return TRUE else it should return FALSE (or something similar). Below code tries to reset the password on target machine by providing same old and new password, if it fails that means the password set on target...

benefits of xml schemas in .net
Hi, I have been asked to write xml schema files for some xml local datastores that we will be using. Being new to .net, I do not know if this will be of any benefit to our development efforts. So I am curious. Does an xml schema assist in .net development in anyway? Does it make the xml parsing faster or something? I don't quite understand the point of the schemea if you properly write the xml file out. Thanks for reading and participating. Paul wrote: > I have been asked to write xml schema files for some xml local datastores > that we will be using. Being new to .net...

Sumproduct in VB
I want to be able to use the sumproduct function in code to calculate some fairly complex formulas. Within the sumproduct function I'm trying to use a selection critera. The range "Wave" is a named range. This works fine in a regular worksheet function. It multiplies the cells in columns A and B where Wave = 2. =sumproduct(--(Wave=2),$A$1:$A$100,$B$1:$B$10) In VB I have the function below, which surprisingly works just fine as written. For now ignore X... Function mytest(X as Variant, rng1 as Variant, rng2 as Variant) as double mytest = Applicatio...

<><><><><><><>The Net's #1 Joke e-Book!<><><><><><><><>
That's Comedy - Over 460 Pages of Little Snickers, Medium-Sized Chuckles, and Great Big Belly Laughs: http://www.ExpertHumor.com/That'sComedy.htm *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com *** ...

How can I read NTbackup BKF files using VB .Net pls?
Hello, I want to write a utility to extract files from backups in BKF format created by NTBackup. Does anyone know please if there are any libraries or built-in functions to open BKF files in VB .Net? Thanks, - Alan. Hello, I have the same problem Did you find any solution ? Thanks Pascal frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb/How-can-I-read-NTbackup-BKF-files-using-VB-Net-pls ...

VB Macro to VB Application
I have a VB macro. I want to move it to a VB application, using my VS 2008. I don't know how to get the Application to run against an Excel Worksheet. Can someone help? Thanks "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23GDVlhxBLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a VB macro. I want to move it to a VB application, using my VS >2008. If you mean a VBA macro then moving it to VB is usually pretty easy but VS 2008 is not VB, it is VB.Net, and that's a very different language. This group is for VB 6 and earlier versions and doesn...

how to open VC++ 6.0 projects in VC++.NET
Hi all, i am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am getting lots of compiler error. I heard VC 7 supports backward comaptability. Can any one tell me how can i acces code in vc++ 6.0 when i'm working in vc++.NET Regards BHargav bhag wrote: > Hi all, > i am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am getting > lots > of compiler error. > I heard VC 7 supports backward comaptability. > Can any one tell me how can i acces code in vc++ 6.0 when i'm working > in vc++.NET > Regards > BHargav > Bhag: If you are getting comp...

Retreive emails Using MAPI in VB using Outlook 2003
Till outlook 2000 we had a way to retrieve emails by Reconfiguring Mail Support. Clicking the Corporate or Workgroup option you can download mails from a VB application automatically using MAPI and other Outlook objects without ever opening Outlook. This doesnot happen in Outlook 2003 and there is no option like this to set. Can any one please help me. Thanking you. John Supakin. Hi John, Outlook 2003 is already in "Corporate" mode, and MAPI subsystem is always installed even if you use Pop3/Smtp account only. MAPI spooler is integrated into Outlook 2002 / Outlook 2003 (it...

events used in .NET framework
Hi! Here I have two classes(Control and Button) that show how it might look like in the .NET. I have also a user defined class called MyExample that is using the Button class. I'm almost sure that only the class that contain the event can raise this same event. I have read this in a book so I hoped it's true ? So in this case only the Control class can raise the Click event even if an object of a Button class is used and the Click event is used. In my user defined class instansiating a Button object and then use the Click event so the event handler ok_Click can be c...

XML serialization of custom collection class in VB
I have a custom collection ... clFile that INHERITS from NameObjectCollectionBase the problem is, when I try to create an xmlserializer instance i get an error You must implement a default accessor on brWAP.clFile because it inherits from ICollectio I must be having a thick day because I dont have a clue what the error message means. (I have written a defaut property called ITEM in the clFile class 'Classes to abstract a FILE entity that is persisted in the databas Imports System.Xml.Serializatio Imports dalWAP.dalWA 'A worker class to get the data from the Database and save it b...

Retaining Entities on XmlDocument LoadXml
I'm loading an XmlDocument object from a string using LoadXml. The string is a well-formed XML fragment (see example) and loads fine, however there are entities (&amp;) within attribute values. The loader parses the incoming entities and converts them to their character references automatically. How would I retain the entity? Example incoming fragment: <company name="B &amp; B Electric" /> After loading the fragment gets converted to: <company name="B & B Electric" /> I want to retain the original Thanks, -AJ AJ Brown wrote: >...

Performance indicator
Hi, I would appreciate someone's help on getting the following macro correct in the way I would like it to perform. I have a file which measures key elements for eg. Revenue, net etc... What the macro does - Plan/Budget figures for the full year are mentioned in Col D. Actual figures are entered in col DE, DF, and DG titled Jan., Feb., and Mar., The Actual figures are added in Col DC titled YTD (performed by the Macro). The Actual figures are annualised and compared to Plan. A horizontal bar is created either in Green, Yellow or Red depending on the performance. A vertical line showin...