VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr

VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr

We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
global corporation. You will also support and install software
applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
process and utilize formal development methodologies.  A bachelor's
degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
design.

Reply to: replynj001@myway.com  Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
New York $40/hr" in your reply

That would pay for parking in New York - what do you pay for food and
living?

- Sahil Malik [MVP]
http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/

"Reply NJ" <replynj001@myway.com> wrote in message
> VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
>
> We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
> role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
> global corporation. You will also support and install software
> applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
> process and utilize formal development methodologies.  A bachelor's
> degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
> in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
> 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
> corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
> skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
> Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
> design.
>

> Reply to: replynj001@myway.com  Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
> New York $40/hr" in your reply

Wyould you like Fries with that sir.  Honest, is this a job for McDonald's
counter help?
"Reply NJ" <replynj001@myway.com> wrote in message
> VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
>
> We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
> role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
> global corporation. You will also support and install software
> applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
> process and utilize formal development methodologies.  A bachelor's
> degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
> in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
> 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
> corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
> skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
> Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
> design.
>

> Reply to: replynj001@myway.com  Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
> New York $40/hr" in your reply

ROFL !! ROTFLMAO !! :)

"W.G. Ryan MVP" <WilliamRyan@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Wyould you like Fries with that sir.  Honest, is this a job for McDonald's
> counter help?
> "Reply NJ" <replynj001@myway.com> wrote in message
>> VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
>>
>> We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
>> role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
>> global corporation. You will also support and install software
>> applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
>> process and utilize formal development methodologies.  A bachelor's
>> degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
>> in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
>> 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
>> corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
>> skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
>> Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
>> design.
>>

>> Reply to: replynj001@myway.com  Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
>> New York $40/hr" in your reply

What is the going rate for that type of role in NY - hourly and annual
salary?  Just salary, no benefits taken into consideration.

"Sahil Malik [MVP]" <contactmethrumyblog@nospam.com> wrote in message
> That would pay for parking in New York - what do you pay for food and
> living?
>
> - Sahil Malik [MVP]
> http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/
>

> "Reply NJ" <replynj001@myway.com> wrote in message
>> VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
>>
>> We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
>> role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
>> global corporation. You will also support and install software
>> applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
>> process and utilize formal development methodologies.  A bachelor's
>> degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
>> in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
>> 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
>> corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
>> skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
>> Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
>> design.
>>

>> Reply to: replynj001@myway.com  Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
>> New York $40/hr" in your reply

0
no6688 (49)
4/23/2005 9:55:41 PM
You wouldn't get a Web Developer in the UK either for that money

As you are buying lunch too. Can I have coffee with my Big Mac?

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Brett,

It really depends :-)

But NYC under 100K in my mind is not an attractive proposition. Simply
because of the BS one needs to deal with working in NYC. I know some people
may love it, but in most cases it is going to be 2-3 hours of train commute,
a fight to park your car every morning (at the train station somewhere in NJ
or CT). I guess once you get to the City you can expect a good and
aggressive work environment - but it's getting there and getting back that
sucks.

Consider this. You live somewhere in NJ, assuming you rent - your rent will
be between 1000-1500. Your monthly commute expense (parking + trains) could
be as high as 400$ a month, but not less than 200$. Don't forget the 1-2
hours each way (clock starts when u leave ur door, clock stops when u reach
ur desk). And dude, much of it might even be standing in a train. The other
option is to live in Bronx. Again you're gonna meet a NYC nutcase who will
argue that living in Bronx is awesome. Hey living in hell is awesome too -
you don't have to worry about arthiritis. And for people who enjoy hell,
stay there - I ain't goin' there :-). Somewhere in the middle is living in
Queens/Flushing - which is not the kind of area I'd want to live in. It
doesn't even feel or look like a part of america. The parts that do - are
either completely unaffordable, or just too far away. - This is what makes
NYC a tough place to live in. You will have a laptop, you will have an
iPOD - there is simply no other way to put up with that commute.

Having said that, I am quite certain that scoring 100K in NYC is no biggie
(You have to be good though). Yes that is only salary. Scoring 150 is quite
tough but possible - you have to god in what you do though - including
business knowledge (mostly finance). Scoring 200 (salary as a .net architect
is) is dreaming - no matter how good you are - but you could hit that as a
consultant. I wouldn't want to get stuck up and say that I will never go to
NYC under 100K - but in today's market I wouldn't.

Another good reason to work in NYC is - you will almost never be unemployed
(assuming ur good). Plus some people like that lifestyle. I can see why that
lifestyle is attractive - it's very hard to get bored there.

Anyway, dude this is a C#/DotNet board I think LOL.

"Brett" <no@spam.net> wrote in message
> What is the going rate for that type of role in NY - hourly and annual
> salary?  Just salary, no benefits taken into consideration.
>

> "Sahil Malik [MVP]" <contactmethrumyblog@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> That would pay for parking in New York - what do you pay for food and
>> living?
>>
>> - Sahil Malik [MVP]
>> http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/
>>

>> "Reply NJ" <replynj001@myway.com> wrote in message
>>> VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
>>>
>>> We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
>>> role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
>>> global corporation. You will also support and install software
>>> applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
>>> process and utilize formal development methodologies.  A bachelor's
>>> degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
>>> in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
>>> 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
>>> corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
>>> skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
>>> Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
>>> design.
>>>

>>> Reply to: replynj001@myway.com  Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
>>> New York $40/hr" in your reply

Hmmm well i always thought  i did  something wrong

after your comments i know it for sure !!!!!!

I am  employed at a software company in the Netherlands and if i calculate
the amount that i get per hour

$ 40 dollars would be a salary increase for me of 300% in Euro`s   ( while
the Euro is more worth as the Dollar )

So if anyone is interested :-)   i have permanent  DSL and    VS.Net 2003
enterprise architect on my computer

Willing to travel if you pay for it as i feel know as if i come from a third
world country , why the hell do they outsource to India ??? hello i am here
!!!

happy coding  :-)    ( some for more money as the other )

Michel Posseth  [MCP]   ( and i am even certified !! )

Lots of frustration ,,,,,,, thanks guys !!

"Reply NJ" <replynj001@myway.com> wrote in message
> VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
>
> We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
> role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
> global corporation. You will also support and install software
> applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
> process and utilize formal development methodologies.  A bachelor's
> degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
> in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
> 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
> corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
> skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
> Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
> design.
>

> Reply to: replynj001@myway.com  Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
> New York $40/hr" in your reply

0
michelp (5)
4/24/2005 10:09:15 AM
It must be cheaper to live in the netherlands? (Sorry I don't know). Living
in NYC is hella expensive.

Did u see http://www.guru.com/ ?

"M. Posseth" <michelp@nohausystems.nl> wrote in message

> Hmmm well i always thought  i did  something wrong
>
> after your comments i know it for sure !!!!!!
>
> I am  employed at a software company in the Netherlands and if i calculate
> the amount that i get per hour
>
> $ 40 dollars would be a salary increase for me of 300% in Euro`s   ( while
> the Euro is more worth as the Dollar )
>
> So if anyone is interested :-)   i have permanent  DSL and    VS.Net 2003
> enterprise architect on my computer
>
> Willing to travel if you pay for it as i feel know as if i come from a
> third
> world country , why the hell do they outsource to India ??? hello i am
> here
> !!!
>

> happy coding  :-)    ( some for more money as the other )
>
> Michel Posseth  [MCP]   ( and i am even certified !! )
>
> Lots of frustration ,,,,,,, thanks guys !!
>

> "Reply NJ" <replynj001@myway.com> wrote in message
>> VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
>>
>> We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
>> role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
>> global corporation. You will also support and install software
>> applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
>> process and utilize formal development methodologies.  A bachelor's
>> degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
>> in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
>> 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
>> corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
>> skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
>> Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
>> design.
>>

>> Reply to: replynj001@myway.com  Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
>> New York $40/hr" in your reply

Well  i don`t know how the prices are in New York
but i do know that i order all my learning books etc etc from Amazon for the
simple fact that eveything that comes from the states is +- 40 % cheaper as
buying it here

So is there also a big difference in Living in NYC  or the rest of the
states ???

> It must be cheaper to live in the netherlands? (Sorry I don't know).
Living
> in NYC is hella expensive.
>
> Did u see http://www.guru.com/ ?
>
> - Sahil Malik [MVP]
> http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/
>

> "M. Posseth" <michelp@nohausystems.nl> wrote in message
> >
> > Hmmm well i always thought  i did  something wrong
> >
> > after your comments i know it for sure !!!!!!
> >
> > I am  employed at a software company in the Netherlands and if i
calculate
> > the amount that i get per hour
> >
> > $ 40 dollars would be a salary increase for me of 300% in Euro`s   (
while
> > the Euro is more worth as the Dollar )
> >
> > So if anyone is interested :-)   i have permanent  DSL and    VS.Net
2003
> > enterprise architect on my computer
> >
> > Willing to travel if you pay for it as i feel know as if i come from a
> > third
> > world country , why the hell do they outsource to India ??? hello i am
> > here
> > !!!
> >

> > happy coding  :-)    ( some for more money as the other )
> >
> > Michel Posseth  [MCP]   ( and i am even certified !! )
> >
> > Lots of frustration ,,,,,,, thanks guys !!
> >

> > "Reply NJ" <replynj001@myway.com> wrote in message
> >> VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
> >>
> >> We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
> >> role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
> >> global corporation. You will also support and install software
> >> applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
> >> process and utilize formal development methodologies.  A bachelor's
> >> degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
> >> in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
> >> 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
> >> corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
> >> skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
> >> Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
> >> design.
> >>

> >> Reply to: replynj001@myway.com  Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
> >> New York $40/hr" in your reply

0
michelp (5)
4/24/2005 4:46:23 PM
Not to mention the fact that advertising "$40/hour" indirectly IMPLIES that
this is a contract psotion, meaning NO benefits (usually), no security
(well, at least LESS than that of a direct hire, however little THAT is
anymore).

They must sell good recreational pharmaceuticals in New York, especially to
recruiters.

--

Frank Bachman
(Grumpy Aero Guy)

"Reply NJ" <replynj001@myway.com> wrote in message
> VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
>
> We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
> role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
> global corporation. You will also support and install software
> applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
> process and utilize formal development methodologies.  A bachelor's
> degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
> in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
> 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
> corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
> skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
> Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
> design.
>

> Reply to: replynj001@myway.com  Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
> New York $40/hr" in your reply

0
fbachman (1)
4/25/2005 1:56:22 AM
I have no clue how expensive Netherlands is. But I am quite amazed that
books cost 40% cheaper in the US. Yes living in places other than NYC is
much cheaper in other areas. Really there are two expensive things in the
states - House and (Car + Taxes). Everything else is about the same
everywhere. Food and clothing are not such a major part of your expense, so
it really doesn't matter if the prices on those go a bit up or down. House
is the biggie.

Taxes can vary a lot, and very weird things can be taxed. Car for instance
is incredibly expensive to maintain in NYC - insurance + taxes will just
kill ya. But the public transport system in NYC is good, so you don't need a
car. Anywhere else, not having a car is worse than not having legs. Those
weird inexplicable taxes + the cost to rent or buy, can make a world of
difference.

So u comin' to NYC?

- SM

> Well  i don`t know how the prices are in New York
> but i do know that i order all my learning books etc etc from Amazon for
> the
> simple fact that eveything that comes from the states is +- 40 % cheaper
> as
> buying it here
>
> So is there also a big difference in Living in NYC  or the rest of the
> states ???
>

> "Sahil Malik [MVP]" <contactmethrumyblog@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> It must be cheaper to live in the netherlands? (Sorry I don't know).
> Living
>> in NYC is hella expensive.
>>
>> Did u see http://www.guru.com/ ?
>>
>> - Sahil Malik [MVP]
>> http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/
>>

>> "M. Posseth" <michelp@nohausystems.nl> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Hmmm well i always thought  i did  something wrong
>> >
>> > after your comments i know it for sure !!!!!!
>> >
>> > I am  employed at a software company in the Netherlands and if i
> calculate
>> > the amount that i get per hour
>> >
>> > $ 40 dollars would be a salary increase for me of 300% in Euro`s   (
> while
>> > the Euro is more worth as the Dollar )
>> >
>> > So if anyone is interested :-)   i have permanent  DSL and    VS.Net
> 2003
>> > enterprise architect on my computer
>> >
>> > Willing to travel if you pay for it as i feel know as if i come from a
>> > third
>> > world country , why the hell do they outsource to India ??? hello i am
>> > here
>> > !!!
>> >

>> > happy coding  :-)    ( some for more money as the other )
>> >
>> > Michel Posseth  [MCP]   ( and i am even certified !! )
>> >
>> > Lots of frustration ,,,,,,, thanks guys !!
>> >

>> > "Reply NJ" <replynj001@myway.com> wrote in message

Dude, that's a lesson and half right there.

--
info@donotspam dowhileloop.com
http://www.dowhileloop.com web development
> [...]
> consultant. I wouldn't want to get stuck up and say that I will never go
> NYC under 100K - but in today's market I wouldn't.
>
> Another good reason to work in NYC is - you will almost never be
unemployed
> (assuming ur good). Plus some people like that lifestyle. I can see why
that
> lifestyle is attractive - it's very hard to get bored there.
>
> Anyway, dude this is a C#/DotNet board I think LOL.
>
> - Sahil Malik [MVP]
> http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/
>

> "Brett" <no@spam.net> wrote in message
> > What is the going rate for that type of role in NY - hourly and annual
> > salary?  Just salary, no benefits taken into consideration.
> >

> > "Sahil Malik [MVP]" <contactmethrumyblog@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> That would pay for parking in New York - what do you pay for food and

0
Landi
4/25/2005 5:46:54 AM
Sahil,

For us Dutch is New York still something nearby. Before you have a
misunderstanding, it is not captured by the English, we exchanged it for
Suriname what was much more profitable on longer terms.

However the way English is spoken in New York is in my ears a way as people
from Amsterdam speak as well English when they are lazy and don't do Oxford
English.

:-)

Cor

In message <uf#Ew9TSFHA.204@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, "Sahil Malik [MVP]"
<contactmethrumyblog@nospam.com> writes

>Taxes can vary a lot, and very weird things can be taxed. Car for instance
>is incredibly expensive to maintain in NYC - insurance + taxes will just
>kill ya.

There aren't many US cars sold in the UK, but to take one example, US
list price for a Chrysler Crossfire is $33,620. UK price is $49,658. If
you bought it privately, you'd pay $315 per annum in road tax. There is
talk of doubling that figure for cars (like the Crossfire) with high CO2
emissions. If it were provided as part of your employment package, your
tax liability for it would be $7500. UK fuel is heavily taxed; current
price is around $5.83 /US gallon for 95 RON.

The really impressive thing about the US, though, is the property prices
outside of the big cities. A friend of mine brought back some
photographs of the house of a friend he'd visited in the states. This
guy was in the same sort of senior technical role we were in. Huge
house, gardens, swimming pool, bought for less money than you could buy
any house with round here. I almost packed my bags on the spot :o)

--
Steve Walker
0
Sahil Malik [MVP] wrote:
> That would pay for parking in New York - what do you pay for food and
> living?

Hmm at a 40hr workweek that would come to $7000 a month. That's around
2.5 times what I make. And you're complaining it's not enough? Last time
I was in the US everything was cheaper than it is over here
(Netherlands). Now I always suspected my salary wasn't in the upper
regions, but around average nonetheless. Reading the comments in this
thread makes me wonder about salaries around the world.

--
Rinze van Huizen
C-Services Holland b.v.

Everyone needs to remember that a salaried employee generally earns less per
hour, but makes up the difference in paid vacation, health insurance etc. By
the time I pay my health insurance premium, plus my business related
insurance premiums (Errors & Ommisions, etc.), I don't bring home as much as
what anyone would expect, considering the going rates for 10+ years of
experience.

Cheers,
Lee

"C-Services Holland b.v." <csh@REMOVEcsh4u.nl> wrote in message
> Sahil Malik [MVP] wrote:
>> That would pay for parking in New York - what do you pay for food and
>> living?
>>

> Hmm at a 40hr workweek that would come to $7000 a month. That's around 2.5
> times what I make. And you're complaining it's not enough? Last time I was
> in the US everything was cheaper than it is over here (Netherlands). Now I
> always suspected my salary wasn't in the upper regions, but around average
> nonetheless. Reading the comments in this thread makes me wonder about
> salaries around the world.
>

> --
> Rinze van Huizen
> C-Services Holland b.v.

0
lgbjr (1)
4/25/2005 11:40:27 AM
40$/hour vb .net programmer. What if i wash dishes, how much can i earn? I
want to quit everything and wash dishes.

Well, 40 an hour in the computer industry, especially in NYC is considered
(way) too low. Which is why I was poking fun at this post in the first
place. I can't even imagine how tough it'd be in Holland - what is the tax
rate there?

- Sahil Malik [MVP]
http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/

"C-Services Holland b.v." <csh@REMOVEcsh4u.nl> wrote in message
> Sahil Malik [MVP] wrote:
> > That would pay for parking in New York - what do you pay for food and
> > living?
> >

> Hmm at a 40hr workweek that would come to $7000 a month. That's around
> 2.5 times what I make. And you're complaining it's not enough? Last time
> I was in the US everything was cheaper than it is over here
> (Netherlands). Now I always suspected my salary wasn't in the upper
> regions, but around average nonetheless. Reading the comments in this
> thread makes me wonder about salaries around the world.
>

> --
> Rinze van Huizen
> C-Services Holland b.v.

This is in New York, North Dakota, right?  Or can I work from home in Colorado?

"Reply NJ" wrote:

> VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
>
> We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
> role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
> global corporation. You will also support and install software
> applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
> process and utilize formal development methodologies.  A bachelor's
> degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
> in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
> 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
> corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
> skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
> Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
> design.
>

> Reply to: replynj001@myway.com  Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
> New York $40/hr" in your reply

0
Cyd1 (1)
4/25/2005 4:45:06 PM
"Sahil Malik [MVP]" <contactmethrumyblog@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Consider this. You live somewhere in NJ, assuming you rent - your rent
will
> be between 1000-1500.

    Actually, I own a condo. Mortgage = $1000/month.

>Your monthly commute expense (parking + trains) could
> be as high as 400$ a month, but not less than 200$.

    NJTransit: $87 + PATH:$40 = $127.  I used to walk to the nearest train
station from my home (600 yards), until they closed that a couple years ago.
Now I drive about a mile to just close enough to it to parking is free. If I
wanted to park in the lot right next to it (and pump the proper number of
quarters into the meter), add $3/day.  And I could cut $15 off that if I
wanted to take NJTransit all the way into Penn Station (instead of to
Hoboken) but that would mean an extra 10 block walk.

>Don't forget the 1-2 hours each way (clock starts when u leave ur door,
clock stops when u reach
> ur desk).
    1 hour 15 minutes door-to-door including the walk on both ends.

> And dude, much of it might even be standing in a train.
    Never (but than I tend to communte just after rush hour, both ways)

>You will have a laptop, you will have an iPOD -
> there is simply no other way to put up with that commute.

    When I'm not reading a book, I'm playing Spider Solitair or Freecell on
my iPaq.

    Now, the last job I had in NJ, was a 45 minute drive --- in generally
bumper-to-bumper traffic (In Manhattan the workday starts at 10am; in NJ, it
starts 8:30 <shutter>)

Truth,
James Curran
[erstwhile VC++ MVP]

Home: www.noveltheory.com       Work: www.njtheater.com
Blog: www.honestillusion.com  Day Job: www.partsearch.com

> Having said that, I am quite certain that scoring 100K in NYC is no biggie
> (You have to be good though). Yes that is only salary. Scoring 150 is
quite
> tough but possible - you have to god in what you do though - including
> business knowledge (mostly finance). Scoring 200 (salary as a .net
architect
> is) is dreaming - no matter how good you are - but you could hit that as a
> consultant. I wouldn't want to get stuck up and say that I will never go
> NYC under 100K - but in today's market I wouldn't.
>
> Another good reason to work in NYC is - you will almost never be
unemployed
> (assuming ur good). Plus some people like that lifestyle. I can see why
that
> lifestyle is attractive - it's very hard to get bored there.
>
> Anyway, dude this is a C#/DotNet board I think LOL.
>
> - Sahil Malik [MVP]
> http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/
>

> "Brett" <no@spam.net> wrote in message
> > What is the going rate for that type of role in NY - hourly and annual
> > salary?  Just salary, no benefits taken into consideration.
> >

> > "Sahil Malik [MVP]" <contactmethrumyblog@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> That would pay for parking in New York - what do you pay for food and
> >> living?
> >>
> >> - Sahil Malik [MVP]
> >> http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/
> >>

> >> "Reply NJ" <replynj001@myway.com> wrote in message

I live in Belgium and a decent software engineer who works as a consultant
earns somewhere between 10$ to 15$ / hour after tax deduction (so no more
taxes). With that you normally get a car type Audi A4 of VW Passat, fuel
card, laptop, mobile phone, ... It doesn't seem a lot but we don't need to
close an additional insurrance for dentist, doctor. And we don't "need" to
put money aside for retirement, ... You get about 30 days of paid holidays a
year and mortgage of 1000$ / month is for a decent appartement nowadays. I
work in Antwerp and I takes me 1.5 to 2 hours to get to work. If I go by
train it would cost me about 250$  / month. And it doesn't get any better if
I would work in Spain.

About 2 weeks ago I heard on the news that a Belgian employer pays about
12.000$ / year per employee for social insurrance. In the USA it was an
average of 2500$ / year. This means that an employee in the USA needs to put
aside about 10.000$ / year to get the same social benefits as Belgian
employees.

Gabriel Lozano-Mor�n

its a progressive tax system  , the more you earn the more you pay     i do
not earn so very much
but I pay 42 % incom taxes    , the VAT = 19%

:-(

Michel Posseth

> Well, 40 an hour in the computer industry, especially in NYC is considered
> (way) too low. Which is why I was poking fun at this post in the first
> place. I can't even imagine how tough it'd be in Holland - what is the tax
> rate there?
>
> - Sahil Malik [MVP]
> http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/
>

> "C-Services Holland b.v." <csh@REMOVEcsh4u.nl> wrote in message
> > Sahil Malik [MVP] wrote:
> > > That would pay for parking in New York - what do you pay for food and
> > > living?
> > >

> > Hmm at a 40hr workweek that would come to $7000 a month. That's around
> > 2.5 times what I make. And you're complaining it's not enough? Last time
> > I was in the US everything was cheaper than it is over here
> > (Netherlands). Now I always suspected my salary wasn't in the upper
> > regions, but around average nonetheless. Reading the comments in this
> > thread makes me wonder about salaries around the world.
> >

> > --
> > Rinze van Huizen
> > C-Services Holland b.v.

0
michelp (5)
4/25/2005 5:43:32 PM
M. Posseth wrote:
> its a progressive tax system  , the more you earn the more you pay     i do
> not earn so very much
> but I pay 42 % incom taxes    , the VAT = 19%
>

> :-(

Remember you only pay that 42% over the last part. There's a bit that's
free, a bit where you pay around 30% and then 42% etc etc, up to where
you pay 70% over the last bit if you earn enough. It's not like you pay
42% over the entire amount.

--
Rinze van Huizen
C-Services Holland b.v.
C-Services Holland b.v. wrote:
> Sahil Malik [MVP] wrote:
>
>> That would pay for parking in New York - what do you pay for food and
>> living?
>>

> Hmm at a 40hr workweek that would come to $7000 a month. That's around
> 2.5 times what I make. And you're complaining it's not enough? Last time
> I was in the US everything was cheaper than it is over here
> (Netherlands). Now I always suspected my salary wasn't in the upper
> regions, but around average nonetheless. Reading the comments in this
> thread makes me wonder about salaries around the world.

7000 / 2.5

2,800.00 USD  = 2,156.72 EUR

Do we talk about netto salary or bruto salary ???? :-)

if i may ask what is your age ???

Michel Posseth

0
michelp (5)
4/26/2005 11:34:23 AM
Rinze,

I can write things about this, however than we come in political issues.

I won't be a policeman and have no problems with of topic issues.

However I think that when it start to become local politics we should not
discuss that in this newsgroup.

Just my thought,

Cor

But Steve, those houses are cheap for a reason - if you had one of those,
you'd be spending 2-3 hours each way commuting to a closeby larger city.

"Steve Walker" <steve@otolith.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In message <uf#Ew9TSFHA.204@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, "Sahil Malik [MVP]"
> <contactmethrumyblog@nospam.com> writes
>
> >Taxes can vary a lot, and very weird things can be taxed. Car for
instance
> >is incredibly expensive to maintain in NYC - insurance + taxes will just
> >kill ya.
>
> There aren't many US cars sold in the UK, but to take one example, US
> list price for a Chrysler Crossfire is $33,620. UK price is $49,658. If
> you bought it privately, you'd pay $315 per annum in road tax. There is
> talk of doubling that figure for cars (like the Crossfire) with high CO2
> emissions. If it were provided as part of your employment package, your
> tax liability for it would be $7500. UK fuel is heavily taxed; current
> price is around $5.83 /US gallon for 95 RON.
>
> The really impressive thing about the US, though, is the property prices
> outside of the big cities. A friend of mine brought back some
> photographs of the house of a friend he'd visited in the states. This
> guy was in the same sort of senior technical role we were in. Huge
> house, gardens, swimming pool, bought for less money than you could buy
> any house with round here. I almost packed my bags on the spot :o)
>
> --
> Steve Walker

Don't forget the biggest advantage of working in Europe vs. America

A MUCH easier and peaceful and slower life.

Around here, everyone is overdozed on coffee. Especially NYC is a city of
well dressed folks in severe lack of sleep and overdozed on caffeine with
serious health issues being ignored. It's a run run run world, if you walk,
you'll get run over.

And lets not forget - no retirement, and very expensive insurance.

> Don't forget the biggest advantage of working in Europe vs. America
>
> A MUCH easier and peaceful and slower life.

When did you last work in London...? :-) Admittedly, I haven't worked in the
States since 1992, and that was in Baltimore rather than NYC...

0
mark2167 (8)
4/26/2005 5:15:21 PM
In message <ewUag6nSFHA.2692@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Sahil Malik [MVP]"
<contactmethrumyblog@nospam.com> writes

>> The really impressive thing about the US, though, is the property prices
>> outside of the big cities. A friend of mine brought back some
>> photographs of the house of a friend he'd visited in the states. This
>> guy was in the same sort of senior technical role we were in. Huge
>> house, gardens, swimming pool, bought for less money than you could buy
>> any house with round here. I almost packed my bags on the spot :o)

>But Steve, those houses are cheap for a reason - if you had one of those,
>you'd be spending 2-3 hours each way commuting to a closeby larger city.

I suppose so. My office is a 2 hour drive from here, but then I work
from home most days. I'm usually in for meetings once or twice a month
(although it has been three times so far in April).

--
Steve Walker
0

"James Curran" <jamescurran@mvps.org> wrote in message
> [...]
> > business knowledge (mostly finance). Scoring 200 (salary as a .net
> architect
> > is) is dreaming - no matter how good you are - but you could hit that as
> > consultant. I wouldn't want to get stuck up and say that I will never go
> > NYC under 100K - but in today's market I wouldn't.
> >
> > Another good reason to work in NYC is - you will almost never be
> unemployed
> > (assuming ur good). Plus some people like that lifestyle. I can see why
> that
> > lifestyle is attractive - it's very hard to get bored there.
> >
> > Anyway, dude this is a C#/DotNet board I think LOL.
> >
> > - Sahil Malik [MVP]
> > http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/
> >

> > "Brett" <no@spam.net> wrote in message
> > > What is the going rate for that type of role in NY - hourly and annual
> > > salary?  Just salary, no benefits taken into consideration.

I haven't worked in London. Not sure how is it like there. Maybe u could
educate us? I hear payscales in London are right thru the roof.

Baltimore is still like any other US city - but NYC is faster. Generally the
coasts are faster, whatever you fly over travelling from coast to coast is
laidback and easy, and the bigger the city, the crazier it is. NYC/SF/DC are
quite fast moving. Chicago I'm not sure.

>I haven't worked in London. Not sure how is it like there. Maybe u could
> educate us? I hear payscales in London are right thru the roof.

Well, I'm currently on �500 (c$1,000) a day as a senior .NET developer...

That's quite near the top of the pay scale, but it is possible to extend
this up to say �800 if you've got lots of BizTalk / SharePoint / financial
experience...

0
mark2167 (8)
4/26/2005 9:01:08 PM
> Well, I'm currently on �500 (c$1,000) a day

He, we were speaking about monthly salary, not dayly... ;-)

0
BertS (1)
4/27/2005 5:27:22 AM
Omfg this means that if I would work the normal 22 days / month I would earn
about 22.000$ / month as a senior .NET developer?

Man I've got to get out of this country :)

Gabriel Lozano-Mor�n

> "Sahil Malik [MVP]" <contactmethrumyblog@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>I haven't worked in London. Not sure how is it like there. Maybe u could
>> educate us? I hear payscales in London are right thru the roof.
>
> Well, I'm currently on �500 (c$1,000) a day as a senior .NET developer...
>
> That's quite near the top of the pay scale, but it is possible to extend
> this up to say �800 if you've got lots of BizTalk / SharePoint / financial
> experience...

But 80% of that would go in income tax/living costs/travelling costs.

Living and working in London costs an arm and a leg.

> Omfg this means that if I would work the normal 22 days / month I would
> earn about 22.000$ / month as a senior .NET developer?
>
> Man I've got to get out of this country :)
>
> Gabriel Lozano-Mor�n
>
> "Mark Rae" <mark@mark-N-O-S-P-A-M-rae.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "Sahil Malik [MVP]" <contactmethrumyblog@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I haven't worked in London. Not sure how is it like there. Maybe u could
>>> educate us? I hear payscales in London are right thru the roof.
>>
>> Well, I'm currently on �500 (c$1,000) a day as a senior .NET developer...
>>
>> That's quite near the top of the pay scale, but it is possible to extend
>> this up to say �800 if you've got lots of BizTalk / SharePoint /
>> financial experience...

0
Stephany
4/27/2005 6:16:06 AM
Cor Ligthert wrote:

> I won't be a policeman and have no problems with of topic issues.

> Cor

Then don't. You have this nasty habbit of trying to police this ng.

just my observation.
--
Rinze van Huizen
C-Services Holland b.v.
m.posseth wrote:

> 7000 / 2.5
>
> 2,800.00 USD  = 2,156.72 EUR
>
> Do we talk about netto salary or bruto salary ???? :-)
>
> if i may ask what is your age ???
>
> Michel Posseth

bruto.. and I'm 32. Your exchange rate is a bit lower then mine :) Add
around 250 EU. I said around 2.5 cause I just did it quickly not taking
into acount the dollar is worth even less then the last time I looked,
but it's close enough.

Not that I'm (realy) complaining though :) I can do the things I want to do.

--
Rinze van Huizen
C-Services Holland b.v.
"Stephany Young" <noone@localhost> wrote in message

> But 80% of that would go in income tax/living costs/travelling costs.

Not if you're a self-employed contractor with your own limited company.
Currently, I put away 35% of total earnings into a tax account to cover
things like ENI, Corporation Tax etc, and the remaining 65% is mine.

> Living and working in London costs an arm and a leg.

Not necessarily...

0
mark2167 (8)
4/27/2005 9:38:17 AM
Just as I had thought, it is a bit more than what you can make in America.
The only place where I've seen easier money is the gulf, and I really
haven't worked there, but people tell me that it is damn easy to fill sacks
of dollars there.

- Sahil Malik [MVP]
http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/

"Mark Rae" <mark@mark-N-O-S-P-A-M-rae.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Sahil Malik [MVP]" <contactmethrumyblog@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
> >I haven't worked in London. Not sure how is it like there. Maybe u could
> > educate us? I hear payscales in London are right thru the roof.
>
> Well, I'm currently on �500 (c$1,000) a day as a senior .NET developer...
>
> That's quite near the top of the pay scale, but it is possible to extend
> this up to say �800 if you've got lots of BizTalk / SharePoint / financial
> experience...

For those who are interested:

http://www.jobsinkuwait.com/

Gabriel Lozano-Mor�n

> Just as I had thought, it is a bit more than what you can make in America.
> The only place where I've seen easier money is the gulf, and I really
> haven't worked there, but people tell me that it is damn easy to fill
> sacks
> of dollars there.
>
> - Sahil Malik [MVP]
> http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/
>

> "Mark Rae" <mark@mark-N-O-S-P-A-M-rae.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "Sahil Malik [MVP]" <contactmethrumyblog@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> >I haven't worked in London. Not sure how is it like there. Maybe u could
>> > educate us? I hear payscales in London are right thru the roof.
>>
>> Well, I'm currently on �500 (c$1,000) a day as a senior .NET developer...
>>
>> That's quite near the top of the pay scale, but it is possible to extend
>> this up to say �800 if you've got lots of BizTalk / SharePoint /
>> financial
>> experience...

$80K in NYC, no benefits?  Right.

"Reply NJ" wrote:

> VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr

0
Karl1 (54)
4/28/2005 7:52:13 PM
You'd be a dishwasher then.

--

"emr" <emreinanli@ultratv.net> wrote in message
> 40$/hour vb .net programmer. What if i wash dishes, how much can i earn? I
> want to quit everything and wash dishes.

Well that is almost the same salary as i have

I  am 31 years old  and had just a conversations with my employer that i am
payed way below my value

I also do not have a laptop , car , phone etc etc

i do have a DSL connection payed by the boss and a Computer ( at home )

and i thought i was the only one who worked at  a bad paying company

The Dutch salary index says that we should make +- 40.000 a yar   ( they
were talking about a MBO + application programmer ) it is now +- 34.000

so this hurts when you are a full featured programmer like me and make less

Groeten

Michel

> m.posseth wrote:
>
> > 7000 / 2.5
> >
> > 2,800.00 USD  = 2,156.72 EUR
> >
> > Do we talk about netto salary or bruto salary ???? :-)
> >
> > if i may ask what is your age ???
> >
> > Michel Posseth
> >

> bruto.. and I'm 32. Your exchange rate is a bit lower then mine :) Add
> around 250 EU. I said around 2.5 cause I just did it quickly not taking
> into acount the dollar is worth even less then the last time I looked,
> but it's close enough.
>
> Not that I'm (realy) complaining though :) I can do the things I want to
do.

> --
> Rinze van Huizen
> C-Services Holland b.v.

0
michelp (5)
5/1/2005 6:35:30 PM
In message <d537t1$8kf$1@reader11.wxs.nl>, M. Posseth
<michelp@nohausystems.nl> writes
>Well that is almost the same salary as i have
>
>I  am 31 years old  and had just a conversations with my employer that i am
>payed way below my value
>
>I also do not have a laptop , car , phone etc etc
>i do have a DSL connection payed by the boss and a Computer ( at home )
>and i thought i was the only one who worked at  a bad paying company
>The Dutch salary index says that we should make +- 40.000 a yar   ( they
>were talking about a MBO + application programmer ) it is now +- 34.000
>so this hurts when you are a full featured programmer like me and make less

Michel,

please don't take this as a lack of sympathy, but the only solution is
in your hands; find another job, and leave. The only way that your
company will pay more is if it sees that it is unable to retain and
recruit staff. From their point of view, they have people willing to
work for what they pay, therefore they must pay enough.

You also have to look at the whole package in the context of what you
want to achieve. I left a secure, well paid position with a good final
salary pension scheme and reasonable training for one in a small
business which paid an only slightly higher salary, no pension and no
training. I took it because the experience is useful, I can work from
home most of the time, and if we all can work together to make it a
success, the share options could make me a lot of money.

I used to be responsible for the enterprise software architecture of a
company employing 3000 people. I'm now responsible for the entire IT
infrastructure, business analysis, software development, software
maintenance, IT support, etc for a company employing a handful of people
and serving a few hundred users.

Frankly, from some angles it looks like a bad deal; I have much more
stress, I work longer hours, I'm involved in aspects of technology which
bore me stupid (physical networking, backups, server builds, client
machine problems, supporting someone else's monolithic legacy system)
but I still think I made the right choice. There is no politics, I
choose the technology, I design, build and implement the systems. My
work has a direct effect on the bottom line for the company. I don't
have to deal with idiots because we don't employ any. I don't have to
deal with a monstrous bureaucracy in order to implement a change. In the
past, I have had to write change control requests for the approval of a
department who didn't understand the change, and who were not actually
capable of implementing it; I've had to stand behind someone with admin
rights and walk them through installing and configuring a Serviced
Component click by click. I now have administrative access to every
machine we own, and the 'change control' is that if I break something,
the buck stops with me.

So, I think you need to consider what it is you actually want and then
find someone willing to provide it. Work/life balance is important to
differing degrees, and someone with a young family might not be willing
to accept the working conditions that a young single guy might. He can't
then expect the same remuneration. The bottom line is that you won't get
what you deserve unless you are willing to seek out someone who agrees
with you.

--
Steve Walker
0

"Gabriel Lozano-Morán" wrote:

> I live in Belgium and a decent software engineer who works as a consultant
> earns somewhere between 10$ to 15$ / hour after tax deduction (so no more
> taxes). With that you normally get a car type Audi A4 of VW Passat, fuel
> card, laptop, mobile phone, ... It doesn't seem a lot but we don't need to
> close an additional insurrance for dentist, doctor. And we don't "need" to
> put money aside for retirement, ... You get about 30 days of paid holidays a
> year and mortgage of 1000$ / month is for a decent appartement nowadays. I
> work in Antwerp and I takes me 1.5 to 2 hours to get to work. If I go by
> train it would cost me about 250$  / month. And it doesn't get any better if
> I would work in Spain.
>
> About 2 weeks ago I heard on the news that a Belgian employer pays about
> 12.000$ / year per employee for social insurrance. In the USA it was an
> average of 2500$ / year. This means that an employee in the USA needs to put
> aside about 10.000$ / year to get the same social benefits as Belgian
> employees.
>
> Gabriel Lozano-Morán

2500€ in Netherlands has to be realy low salary. I would count it as a good
salary here in Prague, but compare living cost ! Some guy as skilled as
described would cost here 1500€ at least anway, but when aged 32, 2000€ is
more likely.

Pazu

"M. Posseth" wrote:

> Hmmm well i always thought  i did  something wrong
>
> after your comments i know it for sure !!!!!!
>
> I am  employed at a software company in the Netherlands and if i calculate
> the amount that i get per hour
>
> $ 40 dollars would be a salary increase for me of 300% in Euro`s   ( while
> the Euro is more worth as the Dollar )
>
> So if anyone is interested :-)   i have permanent  DSL and    VS.Net 2003
> enterprise architect on my computer
>
> Willing to travel if you pay for it as i feel know as if i come from a third
> world country , why the hell do they outsource to India ??? hello i am here
> !!!
>

> happy coding  :-)    ( some for more money as the other )
>
> Michel Posseth  [MCP]   ( and i am even certified !! )
>
> Lots of frustration ,,,,,,, thanks guys !!
>

> "Reply NJ" <replynj001@myway.com> wrote in message
> > VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
> >
> > We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
> > role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
> > global corporation. You will also support and install software
> > applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
> > process and utilize formal development methodologies.  A bachelor's
> > degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
> > in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
> > 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
> > corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
> > skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
> > Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
> > design.
> >

> > Reply to: replynj001@myway.com  Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
> > New York $40/hr" in your reply

0
Pazu (1)
5/9/2005 11:10:03 PM
Would like to point out that I live and work in Rochester, NY for 80k a year
and i commute for 15 minutes on a bad day.

80k in NYC with triple the cost of living. no thanks

"Karl" wrote:

> $80K in NYC, no benefits?  Right.
>
> "Reply NJ" wrote:
>
> > VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr

0
Carr (5)

Can't get web image to set as desktop background
Hi folks: I am running windows XP and using IE8. When I come across any image on the web that I want to use as my desktop background, I can't do it. I right-click on the image, select set as desktop background and then get a warning message that access is denied. I am logged in as the administrator and am the only user on the computer. My IE8 security settings are set to medium. I can change my background image from the any graphic file already saved on my hard drive or from the desktop tab in the display properties window. I just can't use the right click functi...

Replication errors after adding new server
Customer has existing Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003, plus varios other servers on the network. We recently added a new server with a view to retiring the existing server. Since adding the new server to the network we now get 4 Replication Errors every 5 minutes "Error 1129 occurred while processing a replication event" The 4 events relate to "NON_IPM_SUBTREE\SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY", "NON_IPM_SUBTREE\OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK", "NON_IPM_SUBTREE\EFORMS REGISTRY" & "NON_IPM_SUBTREE\Internet Newsgroups" We have not manually set any pub...

VB distmon?
Hi I have recently installed Office 2003. A couple of wired things happen in Excel: > Everytime I close the program I get a MS VB error that reads "Compile error in hidden module: Distmon" Every time open the program I get the same error, but the macro it is calling is "autoexecnew" > Since my new installation, I type in an simple function like TRIM and it tells me cannot find project library. any ideas? Thnaks! Alan Alan http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Sta...

Excel VB
I have two cells in a workbook that are dates. The cell Start_Date has a valid date in it. The second cell Test_Date is either blank or has a valid date in it. The IsDate test on both cells works fine, however, on a blank cell the Month function extracts "12". Anyone know why? I had to put the month function within a test for IsDate to make it work. Seems like Month function on a blank cell should return something other than a 12. Dave Test code: If IsDate(Range("Start_Date")) Then 'Cell has 11/01/09 in it. MsgBox ("start date a d...

New screen
Due to a Adobe Acrobat file corruption. I uninstalled the program. However, I also need to name & open a new desktop screen, then reload Adobe Acrobat. How do I open a new screen and transfer all the files from a previous screen into the new screen? Thanks. "Roger H. Sirois" <rhs@sirois-engineering.com> wrote in message news:12E6580E-E2D0-49C1-88F7-C2E495C413D1@microsoft.com... > Due to a Adobe Acrobat file corruption. I uninstalled the program. > However, I also need to name & open a new desktop screen, then reload > Adobe Acr...

Cannot Add any window to VB
Hello: I'm using a VM with GP 10.0 SP3 installed. In order to have the same as our production databases i copy the GP folder, entirely, which i think it was a mistake now I'm getting a "This cannot be added to Visual Basic", whenever i try to add a window, any window, to VB. Also it goes without saying that there's a lot of load errors starting GP. For the record the copy/paste thing worked, sort of, and before you start thinking that i was insane to have done this, there's a reason behind it, There's been a lot of tweaks to our production server, by our p...

Download NET 3.5 Sp1 Service Pack
I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. I have XP They do not exist - there is only Dot Net Fx 3.5 SP1. "marlsrsoftball" <marlsrsoftball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49BC29A3-F9B1-430B-B5EE-C4DA5B6C0E95@microsoft.com... >I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. > > I have XP What it is saying ".NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 Framwork not installed when I try to dowload it i get an Error Code: 0x80070645 Fred "Jerry" wrote: > They do not exist - there is...

How to save Excel (saved as Webpage) from a web to your system?
Hi everybody, Here is the situation I am trying to resolve: Excel file has been "Saved As Webpage" and placed on a webserver. A user can see the Excel WorkBook in his browser, and he wants to save it locally (to his hard drive). The problem is that you cannot save it from browser directly (using "Save As WebPage") due to the MS bug that doesn't allow saving html webpages with multiple spreadsheets. User can, however, open the link to webpage (created from excel) directly from Excel, but excel is trying to connect to a webserver and asks for a password. Then, if none ...

Free Workshop on .NET and Programming Solutions by Dr. Venkat
Those of us programming on the .NET framework have come to realize the power and increased productivity that comes with it, says Dr. Venkat Submramaniam. Like any development, however, there are things that one should pay attention to while programming on .NET. Are there things in .NET that, if we do not pay attention to, may result in more trouble than it is worth? Learn all there is to know in a FREE video workshop conducted by Dr. Venkat Subramaniam. In the workshop recorded at Saltmarch Media's Great Indian Developer Summit, Venkat presents Gotchas that a developer needs ...

Offer On Demand Web Demos For Product Installations
Microsoft seems to sometimes work from a problem up approach in terms of how it posts information. I understand the reasoning behind this, but sometimes just having the information on how a successful installation should go is needed. I think it would be very beneficial if you offered "On Demand" Web Demonstrations for installing products such as MS CRM, Great Plains and other products. I think you would reduce a lot of problems and simple questions if you had an "On Demand" demonstration of how an installation should go. Then if an individual runs into an issu...

vb from VC++
Hi, is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg MFC functions cheers Anthony Presumably you are referring to MS Excel spreadsheets and workbooks. The easiest method would be to import the appropriate type library (.tlb) provided with Excel, having the class wizard generate the classes, which you then use to access the Excel Automation model (that is the same model that Excel VBA uses). Some investigation may be needed to determine which tlb to use, and to make sure you have a basic understand...

invalid back web version
How to fix invalid back web version ID 6.3.2.116-9972322 -- Adam Szewczyk Post in a back web forum? "Adam Szewczyk" <Adam.Szewczyk.5e407df@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:Adam.Szewczyk.5e407df@pcbanter.net... : : How to fix invalid back web version ID 6.3.2.116-9972322 : : : : : -- : Adam Szewczyk On Mar 15, 3:28=A0pm, Adam Szewczyk <Adam.Szewczyk.5e40...@pcbanter.net> wrote: > How to fix invalid back web version ID =A06.3.2.116-9972322 > > -- > Adam Szewczyk Back web also appears in several Logitech drivers. ...

VB in Excel
In Excel I go into Visual Basic Editor, then Visual Basic Help, but when I type 'Passwords' for example it will bring up a list of related items, but some of them you can't select. Does this mean the installation CD is corrupt and hasn't installed all the components? I have reinstalled and repaired the installtion but to no avail. Any ideas anyone? Help! Thanks ...

VB.Net program to create XML file
I need to create an xml file from a VB program using fields returned from an sql query. I have a template that was provided for me and need to use verbatim. Since this is just a text file, I gather that I can just write out the file with all of the tags, etc., and name it .xml. Assuming that is correct what I might want to do is create a template so that if this file changes the names of the elements, all I have to do is change the template and if more elements get added I can then add them. Is there a tool that can do this for me? If I have to create one, any suggestions as to what I ...

Displays when new messages are received
I have used Outlook at work and I just set it up on my home computer. At work, whenever a new message is received a small envelope appears in the taskbar, right next to the time on the start menu. Is there a way that I can set this feature up on my home computer??? What version of Outlook are you using? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Jessica <dancin720@hotmail.com> typed: | I have used Outlook at work and I just set it up on my | home computer. At work, whenever a new message is | r...

How not to paste into a new text box every time.
I have just installed Publisher 2003 and every time I try to paste into my text box, it puts the copied text into a new text box inside of my old text box. How do I paste into my selected text box? Edit|Paste Special - select unformatted text. (It is a bit of a pain, isn't it?) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "CW616" <CW616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32F6E291-F131-47DA-878A-28C948E54DE2@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Publisher 2003 and every time I try to paste into my > text box, it puts the copied text into a new ...

Instale Money 2005 web trial y funciono, el full no
Instale Money 2005 trial web y funciono perfectamente por 2 meses, posteriormente instale el full version y este no reconoce las cuentas creadas en el Money web trial. Sorry, can't reply in Spanish, but it looks like you have installed the trial version for, say the US and then bought a different copy of Money, for example an International edition, which will not open the file from another country. You'll need to export all of the accounts from the trial version as QIF and then import them into the version you do have. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

VB++ Exe zum Ansprechen einer VB ActiveX DLL
Hallo zusammen. Ich ben�tige eine EXE, welche in einer DOS-Box mit Parametern aufgerufen wird und das Ergebnis auch wieder in dieser DOS-Box zur�ckbringt. Mit VB ist dies leider nicht zu machen. Nun weiss ich zwar das dies mit einer VC++ Exe geht, bin aber leider C Neuling. Kann mir dazu jemand ein Beispiel posten ? Die C++ Exe soll einen auf der Commandozeile �bergebenen String (das sind die ganzen Parameter) an eine Funktion einer VB ActiveX DLL �bergeben. Das Ergebnis soll dann von der ActiveX DLL an die C++ Exe zur�ckgegeben werden und in der selben DOS-Box angezeigt werden. Hoffe es k...

VB Script
Hi all, I need a VB script code to verify whether a specific Local user ID on a remote machine, in workgroup, is having a specific password. For instance I need to check whether target machine consists a local user "DSADMIN" 's password set to "Pa55word". If the target machine consists this user account and the password is also correct then it should return TRUE else it should return FALSE (or something similar). Below code tries to reset the password on target machine by providing same old and new password, if it fails that means the password set on target...

Reployment tool
I am moving our CRM server from one domain to another. When I run the redeployment tool I get an error and it does not complete. I have this error in the log file: 04/06/2005 14:56:46 ERROR: attempt to reuse name CN=FLORIDA,CN=Computers,DC=Formatta,DC=local 04/06/2005 14:56:46 Exception of type System.Exception was thrown. 04/06/2005 14:56:46 SDTransform 04/06/2005 14:56:46 An error occurred during the mapping of computer accounts. The mapping failed. 04/06/2005 14:56:50 Import ended If anyone has any clue what the problem is please reply. thanks ...

benefits of xml schemas in .net
Hi, I have been asked to write xml schema files for some xml local datastores that we will be using. Being new to .net, I do not know if this will be of any benefit to our development efforts. So I am curious. Does an xml schema assist in .net development in anyway? Does it make the xml parsing faster or something? I don't quite understand the point of the schemea if you properly write the xml file out. Thanks for reading and participating. Paul wrote: > I have been asked to write xml schema files for some xml local datastores > that we will be using. Being new to .net...

Can P2K convert to web?
I just found this article for Pub 2002: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010563151033.aspx Can 2000 do this, too? Tx. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0245_01C5CB6A.87667D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Yes it will, but do not expect miracles. Overall it is fairly poor and = retains no columns or anything like that. If you want great DTP and web conversion that is close to perfection, = then look to Serif Page Plus 11 Besides great conversion to web, PP11 saves, makes...

That's Comedy - Over 460 Pages of Little Snickers, Medium-Sized Chuckles, and Great Big Belly Laughs: http://www.ExpertHumor.com/That'sComedy.htm *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com *** ...

new groupnot on 2003 GAL
I attempted to create a new distribution group, and found the group did not appear on the GAL. Exchange 2003, Windows 2000 domain, about 50 users. Here'w what I've done so far: Created a Distribution group that was local, global, and universal, and populated them with user accounts Did a replication between domain controllers Verified that the groups are not visible to Outlook 2003 (not using cached mode) and Outlook 2002 users Did a "stare and compare" with other working groups, could not find any differences Went to Exchange Tasks in AD and found all I could do was de...

Transferring web orders into Dynamics
We are running Dynamics v9 and have increased the volume of our sales originating from our website. At present we have a csv output from our website that is then input using a third party software by Nolan which allows the orders to be input into Dynamics. I would like to know what other Dynamics customers use for streamlining their order entry for web orders. It seems strange that Microsoft don't include any means to import orders directly - or do they? I am working on one with eConnect now. You might want to look into that. Mike BTW, It's really designed for an intranet/same ...