VB.NET CF, Excel 2003, and XML

Hello,

I am trying to open the contents of a dataset (contained
in a pocket pc) as an xml file in Excel 2003.  I created
an XMLTextWriter and exported the dataset like this:

DataSet.WriteXml(XMLTextWriter, XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema)

Office 2003 was unable to open the file properly and
confused the header with the data.

If I use the XmlWriteMode.IgnoreSchema parameter, I am
still unable to get the columns labelled properly.  In the
XML source window, I load the schema through the XML
Maps... button.  When I import the data, it says no schema
is specified and creates a NEW map with ns1:columnname as
the name of each column.

The dataset was loaded from a xsd file made in VS.NET,
then populated programmatically.  I have tried
maniputlating both the .xml and .xsd file with the same
result: I either corrupt the file or the columns have ns1:
column names.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Excel 2007; graph the best fit line from a regression analysis?
Try using this white space to ask you question with a bit more detail best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "mattz" <mattz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:574CCC66-72EA-44D0-8D36-2147B6C7C279@microsoft.com... > ...

Excel Guide
Hi all, I'm new of this group and of Excel too.. I'd like to find a good excel guide online.(pdf preferred)Any good link I should visit?? Thanks Rossella Hi Rossella, I send some link that may be helpful using excel http://www.internet4classrooms.com/on-line_excel.htm http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/ http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm http://einstein.cs.uri.edu/tutorials/csc101/pc/excel97/excel.html http://www.bized.ac.uk/timeweb/excel.htm "Rossella" <rossy77@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1136988163.221379.137300@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, &...

How to get Office Publisher 2003 to convert .pub to .pdf file ???
How to configure Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2007 and with Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826360 Tried to work with recommendations at above 826360 website, but still cannot convert Publisher file to a pdf. Am using Office2003 (Publisher) and Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (AA5). When try to print to a file with Acrobat Distiller it does not offer the ..pdf extension option, and when I manually add the extension onto the file name it will save the file but AA5 will not load the file. Think I have closely followed the 826360 'How to...' instr...

VB distmon?
Hi I have recently installed Office 2003. A couple of wired things happen in Excel: > Everytime I close the program I get a MS VB error that reads "Compile error in hidden module: Distmon" Every time open the program I get the same error, but the macro it is calling is "autoexecnew" > Since my new installation, I type in an simple function like TRIM and it tells me cannot find project library. any ideas? Thnaks! Alan Alan http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Sta...

Exchange 2003 -> Moving db
I have to move my exchange db because the store is growing out of propotion for the available space on the existing disk. Now i have created a new partition and wish to move my exchange db to the newly created partition. May i use the instructions on the link below? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822676/en-us If not, may anyone give me a clue what to do? -- aJ Use this method: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821915 "Mobarn" <Mobarn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EF95BD7-31C2-4641-9999-AD9A7281A4AC@microsoft.com... >I have to move my exchange db...

Excel VB
I have two cells in a workbook that are dates. The cell Start_Date has a valid date in it. The second cell Test_Date is either blank or has a valid date in it. The IsDate test on both cells works fine, however, on a blank cell the Month function extracts "12". Anyone know why? I had to put the month function within a test for IsDate to make it work. Seems like Month function on a blank cell should return something other than a 12. Dave Test code: If IsDate(Range("Start_Date")) Then 'Cell has 11/01/09 in it. MsgBox ("start date a d...

Cannot Add any window to VB
Hello: I'm using a VM with GP 10.0 SP3 installed. In order to have the same as our production databases i copy the GP folder, entirely, which i think it was a mistake now I'm getting a "This cannot be added to Visual Basic", whenever i try to add a window, any window, to VB. Also it goes without saying that there's a lot of load errors starting GP. For the record the copy/paste thing worked, sort of, and before you start thinking that i was insane to have done this, there's a reason behind it, There's been a lot of tweaks to our production server, by our p...

transferring from Windows Mail to Outlook 2003
I have been using Windows Mail for my email, and now wish to use Outlook (2003). I have tried to Export to Microsoft Exchange, and select Outlook as the profile in the next screen. I then select the folders I need, and it does something, and tells me my messages were exported in Windows Mail format (??why noy Outlook??), but I have no idea where they are - and when I start Outlook, it can't find anything to import. Any suggestions? Windows Mail will export to the Personal Folders (.PST) file attached to the Outlook profile in use. In other words, when you open Outlook after the ...

Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel
Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a stange problem that has just started. I am running Windows XP and Office XP. If I click on an Excel file in my folders in explorer, it will open Excel and an error message comes up telling me it can't find the file and to check the path and folder. Once I click out of the message the file sometimes is already open. I have no problems if I open Excel first then open a file - it is driving me crazy, please help. Tr...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Good morning, I have an interesting issue. I am charting stock data. I pulled the data from the internet and the data represents closing prices from trading days only. When I chart this data, it leaves spaces for non-trading days. Is there a way to chart the data so the chart does not show spaces for the holidays and weekends? Craig Craig Brandt wrote: > Good morning, > > I have an interesting issue. I am charting stock data. I pulled the data > from the internet and the data represents closing prices from trading days > only. When I chart this data, it leaves spaces for...

Download NET 3.5 Sp1 Service Pack
I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. I have XP They do not exist - there is only Dot Net Fx 3.5 SP1. "marlsrsoftball" <marlsrsoftball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49BC29A3-F9B1-430B-B5EE-C4DA5B6C0E95@microsoft.com... >I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. > > I have XP What it is saying ".NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 Framwork not installed when I try to dowload it i get an Error Code: 0x80070645 Fred "Jerry" wrote: > They do not exist - there is...

Free Workshop on .NET and Programming Solutions by Dr. Venkat
Those of us programming on the .NET framework have come to realize the power and increased productivity that comes with it, says Dr. Venkat Submramaniam. Like any development, however, there are things that one should pay attention to while programming on .NET. Are there things in .NET that, if we do not pay attention to, may result in more trouble than it is worth? Learn all there is to know in a FREE video workshop conducted by Dr. Venkat Subramaniam. In the workshop recorded at Saltmarch Media's Great Indian Developer Summit, Venkat presents Gotchas that a developer needs ...

How do I keep duplicate text from being entered in an excel file?
I am entering product names in excel (in the hundreds) and I would like to have excel check that as I enter a name it has not already been used. Hi Select the column with product names, and goto Data > Validation > Allow: Custom > Formula: =CountIf($A:$A,A1)=1 Hopes this helps ... Per "Ed Green" <Ed Green@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:509170E8-C641-435F-9DAC-1C144A7D154F@microsoft.com... >I am entering product names in excel (in the hundreds) and I would like to > have excel check that as I enter a name it has not al...

Newsgroups with Outlook 2003
I added the News button to the Go menu, but then it disappeared from the menu after closing the newsgroups the first time and it does not show up to add it anymore. Has anyone else run into this problem? I have all of the latest patches loaded for Office 2003. Thanks! And How did you addit???? thanks "DaveC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:df9101c3f0a0$df359450$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I added the News button to the Go menu, but then it > disappeared from the menu after closing the newsgroups > the first time and it does not show up t...

backing up Excel workbooks.
At work we have several extensive Excel worksheets. Is there a way to automatically create a backup of these files? Thanks ahead of time for any help in this matter. Primepixie Here is what I use in addition to the autosave feature Sub Backup() 'kept in personal.xls & assigned to toolbar button On Error GoTo BackupFile MkDir CurDir & "\Backup" BackupFile: With ActiveWorkbook MyWB = .Path & "\BACKUP\" & .Name .SaveCopyAs MyWB .Save End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Primepixie" <Primepi...

Excel with Outlook Express
Dear Friends, Hope you can help me in this regard, my problem is that I want to send a Email (not as a attachment) to a certain persons from Excel automatically through Outlook Express. I have configured my Outlook Express. Details as Below: Excel2000 Outlook Express 6 From: abc@xyz.com Email To: xyz@abc.com Thanks in advance, regards, Suresh tp Best to check out www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- HTH Bob Phillips "SURESH" <way2suresh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eBSdRekoFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear Friends, > > Hope you can help me in thi...

vb from VC++
Hi, is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg MFC functions cheers Anthony Presumably you are referring to MS Excel spreadsheets and workbooks. The easiest method would be to import the appropriate type library (.tlb) provided with Excel, having the class wizard generate the classes, which you then use to access the Excel Automation model (that is the same model that Excel VBA uses). Some investigation may be needed to determine which tlb to use, and to make sure you have a basic understand...

Excell Glitch???
Excell 2002 version is changing the last number of my credit card accounts to 0!! Can I be doing something wrong? I am using Excell 2002. I created a list of my credit cards to keep track of them, and I just have noticed that in a column that I named credit card numbers, the last digit is changed to "0" !!! I customized to accept 16 numbers (####-####-####-####) which follow the credit card format account numbering. when I enter the numbers say 1111222233334444 I expected to get 1111-2222-3333-4444; however to my surprise I am getting 1111-2222-3333-4440, and it does not matt...

Excel
Is there some function in Excel (VBA) that will get me the column alphabet if I provide the column number, or do I have to write one. I ask because I know that there is, yet I recall I wrote this functionality for the previous application, and I don't want to: (1) Reuse it, if there's something in-built (2) Re-invent the wheel Help! PS: I'm looking for something like: code:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Function GetAlphabet(ByVal ColumnNumber as Long) as String ------------------------------------------------------------------...

Export scheduled bills in to Excel?
Is it possible to export my scheduled bills in to a spreadsheet? I can print a list of all of my scheduled bills but it appears that I cannot save them to another file format? Thanks! nulabas MS Money 2000 ...

VB in Excel
In Excel I go into Visual Basic Editor, then Visual Basic Help, but when I type 'Passwords' for example it will bring up a list of related items, but some of them you can't select. Does this mean the installation CD is corrupt and hasn't installed all the components? I have reinstalled and repaired the installtion but to no avail. Any ideas anyone? Help! Thanks ...

Changing from Excel 2003 to 2010...?
At work, I shall shortly be upgraded from Office 2003 to 2010 as part of a general IT upgrade (albeit with no change in hardware for users). My colleagues and I use a large number of pretty complex, linked, spreadsheets with lots of macros etc. Many of these run from buttons on user created toolbars etc. I'm sure Excel 2010 is an excellent spreadsheet programme and we'll all get used to it in time... However, given the new ribbon UI etc I am a little anxious about whether our existing spreadsheets will still work properly (we can't afford any downtime). Obviously I will do ...

Excel icons
All my alias icons now have the excel icon on top of the alias icon. For example if I have an alias to a ppt presentation I can see the ppt icon underneath the excel icon.. If I try to change the icon by using the apple-I command followed by edit-paste onto the icon it makes no difference (all that happens is that the underneath icon changes) Have fixed permmissions - no difference Any ideas Lorry ...

VB.Net program to create XML file
I need to create an xml file from a VB program using fields returned from an sql query. I have a template that was provided for me and need to use verbatim. Since this is just a text file, I gather that I can just write out the file with all of the tags, etc., and name it .xml. Assuming that is correct what I might want to do is create a template so that if this file changes the names of the elements, all I have to do is change the template and if more elements get added I can then add them. Is there a tool that can do this for me? If I have to create one, any suggestions as to what I ...

Word Wrapping in Excel #3
I want excel to adjust the height of the row correctly -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27632 If you've manually set the row height, choose Format/Row/Autofit to restore the default behavior. If instead you've got cells merged (which IMNSHO you shouldn't, but people do anyway), you'll need to use VBA. See Jim Rech's macro: http://google.com/groups?selm=uGMQV...