Using .NET XmlDocument Class, How to use a xpath expression on xml document which has a default namespace

for example, xml document is below, It has a default namespace
"xmlns='qwer://test'".

           string xmlText = "<test

I would like to select node list "clear" with XPath Expression.

           XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();
            xmlDoc.LoadXml( xmlText );

            XmlNamespaceManager xsn = new XmlNamespaceManager(
xmlDoc.NameTable );
            xsn.AddNamespace( "", "http://test" );

            string xPath = "//clear";
            XmlNodeList nodes  = xmlDoc.SelectNodes( xPath, xsn );

But, the result of "nodes.Count" is always "zero".

How can I select node list of "clear" ?

--
======= .NETXpert ==========
url : http://www.dotnetxpert.com

MCSD.NET
==========================

0
kevin25 (2)

You have a default namespace declared in your XML document. You need to add
the namespace to the XmlNamespaceManager you use with the XmlDocument and
prefix the namespace

  xsn.AddNamespace( "t", "http://test" );

 string xPath = "//t:clear";

 Or remove the namespace declaration from your doc and un-prefixed element
names will work in your Xpath expressions.

"Seong-Tae Jeong" <kevin25@hanmail.net.korea> wrote in message
> for example, xml document is below, It has a default namespace
> "xmlns='qwer://test'".
>
>            string xmlText = "<test
>
> I would like to select node list "clear" with XPath Expression.
>
>            XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();
>             xmlDoc.LoadXml( xmlText );
>
>             XmlNamespaceManager xsn = new XmlNamespaceManager(
> xmlDoc.NameTable );
>             xsn.AddNamespace( "", "http://test" );
>
>             string xPath = "//clear";
>             XmlNodeList nodes  = xmlDoc.SelectNodes( xPath, xsn );
>

> But, the result of "nodes.Count" is always "zero".
>
> How can I select node list of "clear" ?
>
> --
> ======= .NETXpert ==========
> url : http://www.dotnetxpert.com
> eml : kevin@dotnetxpert.com
> msn: kevin025@magicn.com
>
> MCSD.NET
> ==========================

0
dareo (72)

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

Default at Additional Sorts
if you go to Transactions-->Purchasing-->Transaction Entry click on the magnifying glass by Creditor ID, could you choose a column under Additional Sorts and make it as a default? if VBA is the only way to make it, then how do you save that in order to for it to remember that it is the default column? -- Thanks in advance, Susanna ...

Include two different page orientations into one document
I have publisher 2000 and I need to include 2 different documents with 2 differnt page orientations (portrait and landscape) into one document. Please help! Rotate the text and images on one page 90�. Or, create two files. -- Don Vancouver, USA "forest3girl" <forest3girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DADE117-0B7B-4ADF-B4FF-196CC4639ACC@microsoft.com... > I have publisher 2000 and I need to include 2 different documents with 2 > differnt page orientations (portrait and landscape) into one document. > > Please help! ...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

how to insert both page numbers and footers in the same document
Every time I try to insert both page numbers and a footer in the same document, one of them disappears. It seems to make no difference which I insert first You need to put the page number _in_ the footer (or header). What steps are you performing? Which version of Word? On Jan 19, 5:54=A0am, Sheila <She...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Every time I try to insert both page numbers and a footer in the same > document, one of them disappears. It seems to make no difference which I > insert first I'm guessing this is Word 2007 and you are using the Build...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

avoiding dot net runtime dependency
i am using visual studio 2005 to build a native c++ project, which uses win32 API, but not dot net libraries. but my project does not run on a machine w/o dot net runtime installed. How can I remove this dependency? On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 03:20:40 -0800 (PST), "pravin.chaudhary" <pravin.chaudhary@gmail.com> wrote: >i am using visual studio 2005 to build a native c++ project, which >uses win32 API, but not dot net libraries. but my project does not run >on a machine w/o dot net runtime installed. How can I remove this >dependency? could u paste the command line for li...

How to use interfaces

XPath, SUm of Attributes for certain Elemnets
I am trying to sum the amounts attributes of a transaction element but only for transaction elements where the SaleType attribute is equal to SALE XML Snippet: <Root> <Transaction Amount="1.23" SaleType="SALE"> <OptionalElelment/> </Transaction> <Transaction Amount="2.23" SaleType="SALE"> <OptionalElelment/> </Transaction> <Transaction Amount="3.23" SaleType="RETURN"> <OptionalElelment/> </Transaction> <Transaction Amount="4.23" SaleType="SAL...

Reading a XML on the server
Hi I have two applications(client and server) that pass an XML document but I have a hard time reading the XML document on the server side. So the client application creates the XML document and sends it to the server. On the server side I want to load/read this XML document. Any suggestions would be most welcome, Thank you in advance Serban Serban wrote: > I have two applications(client and server) that pass an > XML document but I have a hard time reading the XML > document on the server side. > > So the client application creates the XML document and > send...

What do you use Excel for?