Update list of elements

I have serialized list of my object in a xml file. What is the best way to
update only one object and save it back into the xml file.
Do I have to load full list, update one item and save the list into the
file? Or is there way how to update only one element (one object) ???

Thanks

Mirek

0
MirekE (1)

Hello Mirek,

I think you have to load the whole  XML file and then search for the
special record/item in the XML document. We cannot randomly access one
object directly with the xml file. If the performance must be considered,
you also can consider save the object into database instead of XML file.

Regards,

Luke Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

rights.)

0
lukezhan (72)

Making a compiled list in Excel
Hi all, I'm trying to create an Excel spreadsheet that can create a compile list from an existing list. By this I mean there is a list of item which represents the complete list and each entry has a checkbox nex to it to indicate whether it has been selected or not, and then on th same worksheet there is another list which only contains the items tha have been selected from the first, full list. Check out these screensheets to get a better idea of what I mean: http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/excel1/JPG http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/excel2.JPG I think this should b...

new contact list
hello, i got an email that was sent to several emails (i was one of a contac list). how can i make a new contact list of my own with all the emails tha got that email. thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Distribution Lists in Outlook
I have large distribution lists in my position as PR for the local branch of a national non-profit organization. I use these distribution lists in Outlook to send information/releases. I'm trying to find a way to send e- mails to all the names on the list, but have each recipient see only their name, instead of all the names (or e-mail addresses) of all the other people on the distribution list who are getting the e-mail. How do I do this? You are describing a mail merge to electronic mail, not a message sent to multiple recipients. DL's cannot be the data source for a mail ...

Outlook 2007
In Outlook 2007, I have my "To-Do Bar" shown on the right side of my screen. The Task List is selected and displayed. The problem is that I can't really tell what my tasks are because so little of them displays. I can widen the To-Do Bar a little bit, but what I'd really like is for the Task descriptions to use a smaller font. Can anyone tell me if this is an option? If so, where do I adjust it? -- Thanks! RBear3 .. You can only widen your ToDo Bar a little bit? I can widen mine a lot...what happens when you try to widen yours? -- Jocelyn Fiorello *** Mess...

how do i transfer my contact list from outlook to mobile phone
how do i transfer my contact list from microsoft outlook to my black berry mobile phone "becks" <becks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:860C96FF-81B3-4319-836A-D2606811A958@microsoft.com... > how do i transfer my contact list from microsoft outlook to my black berry > mobile phone See the documentation for your Blackberry... ...

How To Update Enhanced USB Drivers WITHOUT Freezing/Locking Up Sys
Hello: I have been encountering this annoying problem and I would appreciate anyone's help in working around it. I have been building and updating several systems, including updating system bios, chipsets, etc. Whenever I update an enhanced USB controller driver (as part of an Intel-based chipset), if the system is using a USB-based keyboard or USB-based mouse, those specific devices freeze up/stop running. Unless the system is using a PS-2-based keyboard or a PS-2-based mouse, I have to do a "hard" shutdown, to restart the system and get the newer enhanced U...

Update Query basic
I have Table1 with field Track, I want to update with info from field Track in Table2 add both tables to design view field track but don't know what to put in update too. Am missing something here - hope you can help. Want to eventually use this to update adress fields from one table to another with EmpID connecting each. UPDATE table2 INNER JOIN table1 ON table2.ItemID= table1.itemID SET table2.UnitPrice = table1.UnitPrice would update the unit price of table2 with the unit price coming from table1, for the same itemID (ie, the APPLE unit price won't be updated by the ORANGE ...

Rouge folder in list
In my list of folders, there is a folder that I set up by mistake and have since deleted the pst file that it was looking for. The folder still exists and will not let me delete it. It tells me that if I continue to have the problem to restart Outlook. This has been for about a week and I've rebooted, shut down and reconfigured all types of settings, all to no avail. I would like to know if anyone can tell me what to do short of reinstalling the program. What version of Outlook, and what mode if applicable? (help | about) Can you delete and re-create your mail profile? martin wr...

Stock Price Update
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C394C8.DA1D9E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Is there any way to get stock price (China market) updated in Money 2003 = via MSN's service? If the service is not available with MSN, can Money = 2003 be set to connect the third party service provider to online-update = China market's stock price, and anyone know these providers? if any. Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C394C8.DA1D9E10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" ...

2 personal folder listings and duplicates
Hi. When I have Outlook open at home, when I have the Mail selected, it shows Favorite Folders and All Mail Folders. Under All Mail folders it shows two seperate Personal Folders and the contents appear the same. When I view my Contacts, it shows things twice: Contacts Contacts in Personal Folders FriendEmail FriendEmail in Personal Folders ToDo ToDo in Personal Folders etc..... How can I get rid of the other Personal Folders entry and the duplicate entries in my contacts? Thanks. Bryce. ...

Automatic addition to payee list
I travel all the time in a motorhome, and use Visa for most expenses. I download my Visa transactions as QIF files and import them into Money 2003. My problem is that Money automatically adds each new payee to the list of payees. My list of payees just keeps growing and Growing and GROWING..... Does anyone know of a way to stop the automatic addition to the list? I know I can manually remove them, I would just rather they weren't added in the first palce. Thanks, Bill See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q63. "Travel'n Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Mailing List #2
Hi one of our clients wants to manually manage email requests for newsletters etc. They want their web site to send an email to a specific mailbox on their server. This email would contain a name and email address which the clients to automatically be added to a dedicated contact list. is this possible please? Thanks A In news:OYygf1rEGHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Alex H <aph@mis-no_spam_please-net.co.uk> typed: > Hi one of our clients wants to manually manage email requests for > newsletters etc. They want their web site to send an email to a > specific mailbox on ...

Create unique list from duplicates
The solution for this is probably a quite simple array formula wit COUNTIF, but I cannot seem to get it exactly right. All I want to d is take a list with many duplicates and list each duplicate once, in separate list, without modifying the first list. For example: Column 1 1 2 8 5 9 8 5 4 8 would generate: Column 2 1 2 8 5 9 4 Thanks in advance, Stephani -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Stephanie, What you are looking for, I believe, is Data > Filter > Advanced Filter. Select "Copy to another location" then click the "Unique records only&qu...

Columned Program Listing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050802080609040705060607 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Am I dreaming. I recall there way a way to tell WinXP to display program names in columnar format when one clicks START/All Programs. Anyone recall how to do this?? Thx --------------050802080609040705060607 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta...

how to delete account in 'Accounts List'
I have 4 accounts in Accounts List section that I remove, but when I restart Money, they appear again. I've also taken them off my Favorites list but no luck. In microsoft.public.money, core000 wrote: >I have 4 accounts in Accounts List section that I remove, but when I >restart Money, they appear again. I've also taken them off my >Favorites list but no luck. You might want to Close the accounts by right-clicking in the AccountList. Then set the view to not show with SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts. I suspect these are accounts that are/were at the same instit...

Moving Down a List Within a Macro
In the following macro I repeat the same section about 50 times and it would be convient to put this into a loop. However each time the statement completes it uses a new paramter in the next section that i've definined at the top of the VBA statement (seen below as sheet01, sheet02). Is there anyway to move down this list in my statment using a loop so that it automatically selects the appropriate row in my list each time? Sub Macro1() ' ' book = Range("B10") booknum = 1 Path = Range("B11") Sheets("data").Select Heading = Range("A1:L1") ...

How do I merge an Excel mailing List with Microsoft Word Document
I have columns or in the old DOS version "fields" where I have placed first name, Last name, street address, City, State and Zip. In addition I have a field for the Salutation which may contain more than one first name, i.e. Mary and Joe. I want to merge these individual rows in excel into a Word document. Kookie For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a training tutorial for c...

disable/remove smtp address for distribution lists
looking for the best-practice to disable/remove the primary smtp address for distribution-lists when using Exchange 2003 in an active-dir domain that uses our actual assigned domain-name (i.e. 'distribution_list@companyabc.com')...the last thing i need is for someone on the outside to get hold of 'allemployees@companyabc.com' thx in advance, ~~Robb There is a checkbox on the properties for the mail-enabled group in AD, on the Exchange General tab, check "From authenticated users only" and that will stop people from the outside from sending mail to it unless they pr...

Creating a Distribution List in OUTLOOK 2007
Hello, Is there a way to create a DISTRIBUTION LIST in OUTLOOK 2007 that contains contacts with a specific feature WITHOUT adding members one by one? E.g., I need a distribution list of all contacts whose e-mail address is in a particular domain. The following sequence DOES NOT work: CONTACTS ---> ACTIONS ---> NEW DISTRIBUTION LIST ---> SELECT MEMBERS ----> SEARCH (MORE COLUMNS) When I entered the domain name in the search window, I got no results. Thus, OUTLOOK did not search the entries of the e-mail addresses. Thank you for your help. ATK "...

Updating Sales Order total
Greetings All: I'm integrating UPS shipping system with GP 9.0. I have developed an application that writes the freight and tracking data back to an order. I write the freight total to SOP10100.FRTAMNT. I'm quite green with GP 9.0 and discovered that indeed the freight on the order is updated but the order total doesn't get updated. What's the best way to get the order's bottom line updated? Is there some stored procedure or something that handles this logic? Thanks in advance, -Rusty Hi, I have tested you scenario as stated by you, the choice is yours if you ...

FWD: Apply this security update from the Microsoft
--bketekedpvwgb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="sgpblhrz"; type="multipart/alternative" --sgpblhrz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rxwxrevoeqtb" --rxwxrevoeqtb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect ...

Create value list from a range of values
I've got a range of cells containing state abbrev. that I want to lis in another range excluding all duplicated states abbrev's. Is there a way to list the non-duplicated values automatically with function? I've tried using the excel Data Filter menu but it seems that needs t be performed manually. I need a function that automatically calculate when there is a change or addition to my list of states. Thanks for your help.. -- mallets12 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mallets123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=...

Money not updating online
It seems that Money goes to www.spcomstock.com to get quote updates (look in my information sheet) ... however that site has change to www.comstock- interactivedata.com. Now online updating in Money doesn't work ... at least mine doesn't. Try to go to the www.spcomstock.com and you'll time out with an error. I don't see any way to change how money accesses the web site. Thoughts .... am I off base. Have read other notes on the subject and suggestions around firewalls etc. I haven't changed mine, but just in case turned it off and still money won't update....

Updating Test company database
I have used the techknowlege procedure for setting up a new test company. But once the test company's set up, after a while the data gets old. To refresh the test database with current Live info I'll do the backup "Live" and restore to "Test". Do I still need to run the scripts described in the TK or is that only necessary the first time? Thanks, DavidF. David, You need to run the scripts every time you do a restore. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

How to update Contact lookups in CRM 4.0
How can I use CRM 4.0 Import to update the lookups of existing Contact records? The lookups to be updated are stored in a .CSV file with the corresponding contactid of the Contact record. I read from the CRM Help file that there is a "enrich data by updating records rather than creating new records" facility but I wasn't able to make this checkbox appear. I tried to do it but keep encountering this error message, "A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organ...