Timeout when consuming java webservice

Hi,

I wrote a .NET application to consume a https webservice from the
Belgian government for sending excise info to the government. It is
a .NET 2.0 application which uses the web reference feature of visual
studio to generate proxy classes and a service class that inherits
from SoapHttpClientProtocol. Before making the actual webservice call,
I retrieve the correct client certificate from my personal certificate
store using X509Store and I add it to the ClientCertificates
collection of the service class that was generated. This ensurces
sending the public stuff of our client certificate with the request,
because they use that on the server side to see that we are who we say
we are.

When running the application on a Windows XP machine, everything works
fine. When I run the same app, sending the same request, on a Windows
7 machine, the request times out. I tried having a look in Fiddler to
see what happens, but with all the SSL encryption, I don't see that
much.

I tried a lot of things already: upgrade the app to .NET framework 4,
using a service reference instead of a web reference, building my app
in 64bit instead of 32bit, setting keepalive to false. Nothing
helped...

I tried installing SoapUI (java tool to send bare soap requests) and
send the same request from the Windows 7 machine with SoapUI and then
it works. So it has got something to do with the .NET framework that
treats SSL messages different in Windows 7 than in Windows XP and
appearently the server does not like this. Actually, I found a post
from someone with the same symptoms (http://stackoverflow.com/
questions/4511213/httpwebrequest-getrequeststream-breaks-by-timeout-on-
ssl-connection-under-wind) but they solved it by making server
changes. I cannot do that since the server side is not managed by us.
I contacted the government technical helpdesk, but I did't get any
helpful response so far.

The question I am having right now is: can I somehow change my code so
that the SSL request will be send the same way in Windows 7 as it is
in Windows XP? I read somewhere that SSL configuration has become a
lot more strict in Windows 7, so maybe the source of the problem lays
there. I'm wondering if I can change it to less strict (actually, just
the same as in XP) in code or by making adjustements to some Windows
or IE settings?

Any other ideas on stuff to try to get this fixed? Any help would be
much appriciated...

I solved the problem.
I found the solution in this post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5653868/what-makes-this-https-webrequest-time-out-even-though-it-works-in-the-browser
Adding the line ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol =
SecurityProtocolType.Ssl3; to my code, solved it...

On 21 dec, 12:11, Veerle <veerleve...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a .NET application to consume a https webservice from the
> Belgian government for sending excise info to the government. It is
> a .NET 2.0 application which uses the web reference feature of visual
> studio to generate proxy classes and a service class that inherits
> from SoapHttpClientProtocol. Before making the actual webservice call,
> I retrieve the correct client certificate from my personal certificate
> store using X509Store and I add it to the ClientCertificates
> collection of the service class that was generated. This ensurces
> sending the public stuff of our client certificate with the request,
> because they use that on the server side to see that we are who we say
> we are.
>
> When running the application on a Windows XP machine, everything works
> fine. When I run the same app, sending the same request, on a Windows
> 7 machine, the request times out. I tried having a look in Fiddler to
> see what happens, but with all the SSL encryption, I don't see that
> much.
>
> I tried a lot of things already: upgrade the app to .NET framework 4,
> using a service reference instead of a web reference, building my app
> in 64bit instead of 32bit, setting keepalive to false. Nothing
> helped...
>
> I tried installing SoapUI (java tool to send bare soap requests) and
> send the same request from the Windows 7 machine with SoapUI and then
> it works. So it has got something to do with the .NET framework that
> treats SSL messages different in Windows 7 than in Windows XP and
> appearently the server does not like this. Actually, I found a post
> from someone with the same symptoms (http://stackoverflow.com/
> questions/4511213/httpwebrequest-getrequeststream-breaks-by-timeout-on-
> ssl-connection-under-wind) but they solved it by making server
> changes. I cannot do that since the server side is not managed by us.
> I contacted the government technical helpdesk, but I did't get any
> helpful response so far.
>
> The question I am having right now is: can I somehow change my code so
> that the SSL request will be send the same way in Windows 7 as it is
> in Windows XP? I read somewhere that SSL configuration has become a
> lot more strict in Windows 7, so maybe the source of the problem lays
> there. I'm wondering if I can change it to less strict (actually, just
> the same as in XP) in code or by making adjustements to some Windows
> or IE settings?
>
> Any other ideas on stuff to try to get this fixed? Any help would be
> much appriciated...

Socket TimeOut
Hi; Can I change the timeout of recieving , sending...? I tried to use SetSockOpt but nothing happened Monther "monther" <monther80@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OrOsW8wXDHA.3444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi; > Can I change the timeout of recieving , sending...? > I tried to use SetSockOpt but nothing happened > Monther > > > See documentation for struct linger in MSDN. Hi; I read all documentation about this problem,The problem actually is seriouse in recieving form someone, if there is no recieved data , the programm will stop at recieveform...

TimeOut errors
I have about 700000 customer records to bring in RMS HQ tried with all of them it gave me a the following error which I belive is a time out. Runtime error 3246 Connection object cannot be explicitly closed while in a transaction Runtime error '440' Automation error. If i bring the records say 100,000 at a time into HQ it might work but when it syncs to other stores will it give me the same error ?. Anyone got any ideas about what the time out value should be ?. -- bangi Do you have customer numbers already assigned? When I imported my customers, I was having trouble also an...

Outlook timeout
Hi The first time you connect to CRM from Outlook, it take up to 30 sec to connect. The customers can live with that. After 30 min of none use of the CRM system it seems like it disconnect and Outlook needs to connect again. Is there a place you can change that? or is there a fix for this issue? Thanks /Jakob ...

Session timeouts with forms authentication
We have a customer using CRM in a hosted environment, setup to use forms authentication. They want their login to remain valid for one hour, but it currently times out right around 20 minutes. We've set everything we can find in terms of timeouts, but nothing has changed this. So far, this is what we have configured for timeouts: * Website in IIS **Connection timeout: 3600 seconds, HTTP Keep-alives enabled **Running under ASP.NET 2.0.50727 **ASP.NET configuration: State Management: Session timeout set to 60 minutes (for main site, and Reports & ReportServer under Locations) **Globa...

RE: LINQ to XML and Amazon Webservices
I am not able to reply to my previous thread wich had the same title, so here goes: I added the namespace which made no difference. There are no prefixes in the XML, which I'm posting below, so I've asumed no need for namespace. Am I wrong? Anyway, this has become very strange. When I use the loop Martin has suggested, it never executed - so ResponseDoc...<Item> is an empty list, or collection. When I do > For Each item As XElement In ResponseDoc...<ASIN> > Console.WriteLine("ASIN: {0}", item.Value) > Next I do ...

timeout
I'm getting timeout error messages using Microsoft Outlook 2002 connecting to MSN (DSL) Hotmail Web-based email with email sizes larger than 1 meg. MSN tech support claims all problems are within Outlook 2002. However MSN does not support Outlook. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help, Please respond to jon_n2@yahoo.com Jon ...

Email timeouts
I have 1 PC that is getting a timeout error when sending emails; error 0x800ccc19. If I am not sending emails out, then everything works fine, i can receive email no problem. It is an IBM Netvista running windows 2000 Pro SP4, and is the main machine (the 'server'). It is also running Norton Antivirus corporate edition Server. I had stopped all the Antivirus services from starting and rebooted, yet the problem still exists. I uninstalled office 2000, and after i reinstalled it, i noticed the account still exists and so does the profile. After i uninstalled office, i delete...

java based pdf and excel generation
I am working on a browser based reporting tool and would like to give the client the option to save the reports in excel and pdf forms. The reporting tool is a part of a WebLogic (Java) based application. Ideally I would like to use a Java package that can generate both pdf and excel documents. I have come across some tools such as iText (for pdf) and Java Excel API (for excel). Is there any library which could do both. i.e. a single library which can generate both pdf and excel documents? Thanks I believe reporting packages such as JReports can do this. <paulthomasweb@gmail.com> w...

Problem with Outlook Express and Java Virtual Machine
Hello I'v got Outlook Express version 6.0. System - Windows 2000/XP. All latest patches added. I send Email with java scripts and in Outlook Preview Pane I can't see java content. I see only gray rectangle. Virtual Java Machine doesn't work. After when I click a Link (added in E-mail) which point at web site everything work fine. Virtual Java Machine starts work and Java Content open page. I would like open this page in Outlook Preview Pane. How can I fix this ??? Any help would be appreciated! thanks. Marcin Marcin <cinekmk_nospam_@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:...

TimeOut Saving across LAN
This has just started: Our accounting department now gets a time out error saving large linked Excel spredsheets (Excel 2000) to a Win2K server with SP3. They can save to thier local PC. They did not always have this problem. I have turned off opportunistic locking on the server and increased paging on the local machines (XP). Smaller files save just fine. The problem is sparadic and does not coincide with network traffic. Sometimes they can save and 15 minutes later they can not. This hapens after hours when there is no chance of opened files by another or competing network traffic bef...

0x800CCC19
Hello Everyone, This error message appears when trying to download hotmail messages to Outlook 2002. So far, I've got no solutions, yet, have read quite a few Microsoft articles, and have installed the Service Pack 3, update, to no avail. Hotmail works great with Outlook Express. I would like it to work well with Outlook, as well. Anyone know how to fix the hassle, please? hi, Check the following knowledge base article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;813518 OL: You Receive Time-Out Error 0x8004210a or 0x800ccc19 When You View a POP3 E-Mail Account wi...

Socket TimeOut #2
Hi! folks I have a issue with my sockets built in VC ++ 6.0 . I want to avoid that my socket server stay waiting indefinably by a client conexion, that after certain time send a message of timeout, but I can not handle a diference of time ( time end - time start) because I will get the "time end" until the socket server get a conexion. I am using two methods 'BeginserverSession' where I prepare the params to iniciate the socket session and the 'AcceptConnection'. I guess that the key is in the second method, but know I don't have idea of how handle this....

RPCServ.exe consumes almost all the processor
Few days ago, we installed the Exchange 2003 SP 2 in order to increase our database size. But, after that day, we've experimented problems with one RPCServ.exe processs, because it consumes almost, if not all, the processor. Because of that, some mails remain "lost" for minuts (even internal mails, that are supposed to be immediate) and that behavior generates problems, specially for the manage, because he access the mails straigh from the server. We have the exchange 2003 sp2 in a Windows 2003 SP1 machine with GroupShield 6.0.2 for antivirus. Thanks for all yo...

SQL timeout
Is anyone familiar with a timeout setting for SQL. As long as we continue to use CRM the speed changing from one window to the next is fine, but if we go to another program(outlook, excel, word, etc.) and then return to CRM there is anywhere from 20 to 30 sec. delay when attempting to change pages in CRM. AB ...

Timeout when change Role
Dear All, I cannot change the role, because when I change and save it I always got timeout. When I cek the role it again, the record is already changed. But the role itself does not change. Record of role become different than the reality. Anybody can help me?? Rgds, Frans One thing I would recommend is to keep changes to existing roles to a minimum. Especially if you have a large BU hierarchyy as the roles are replicated to all child BU's and changes need to be propogated. When I say keep changes to a minimum, I mean just change a few privileges at a time. Don't go in and mo...

setting timeout in XML controls
Is there a way to set a timeout in either MSXML or in .NET's XML classes? --Buddy Hi, If you're using MSXML4.0 take a look at the ServerXMLHTTP: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/xml_mth_sz_0cj7.asp Regards, Ion Vasilian -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. "Buddy Ackerman" <buddy@buddyackerman.com> wrote in message news:uHqaoAkmDHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

TimeOut Error
Brought in 300,000 customer records and seems to have worked, was running a trace on it and saw this UPDATE [Transaction] SET CustomerID = CustomerID WHERE CustomerID = 294488 UPDATE [TransactionHold] SET CustomerID = CustomerID WHERE CustomerID = 294488 UPDATE [AccountReceivable] SET CustomerID = CustomerID WHERE CustomerID = 294488 UPDATE [Order] SET CustomerID = CustomerID WHERE CustomerID = 294488 UPDATE [Payment] SET CustomerID = CustomerID WHERE CustomerID = 294488 UPDATE [Journal] SET CustomerID = CustomerID WHERE CustomerID = 294488 UPDATE [TransactionEntry] SET ItemID = ItemID FROM...

Can I add Java Data types in Microsoft Visio?
I want to design a UML diagram of a java application. Can i add Java data types in Microsoft Visio 2003? ...

Connection timeout set to 5 sec but takes longer to timeout
Hi all, My Connection string timeout was set to 5 sec but commands takes much longer to timeout when there is no connection to the destination ip. Is the timeout value only helps when the ip is reachable but the sql server is not, or it should work also if the ip address is unreachable. If it should work also when the ip is unreachable, why it does not work in my case? Thanks a million, Avi public static int ExecCommand(string command, string ip) { if (String.IsNullOrEmpty(ip)) throw new ManualRedundancyException("IP address for database connection can...

Timeout in a CSOCKET
I'm not sure if it's the correct newsgroup. If it's not tell me and I'll repost to microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks. I have written some code using CSocket, and now there's a requirement for a timeout when receiving data. So, I just want to do something like CSocket s; s.Create(); s.Connect(...); if(s.Recv(...) == ERROR_TIMEOUT ) { got_a_timeout(...); } else { handle_data(...); } without changing many things in the already written code. Is this possible or I have to use another class ? Thanks for any help ! -- Papastefanos Serafeim serafeim@otenet.gr...

How do I prevent "Timeout Expired"
Hello all, I have a linked table to a large table in a SQL Server DB. I'm trying to do a crosstab query on this table and I keep getting a "Timeout Expired" message (http://home.att.net/~ctbarbarin2/Files/MSAccess_TimeoutExpired.JPG). How do I prevent the timeout from expiring so I can run my query. Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly I'd just reccomend using Access Data Projects they run so much faster you can probably jsut get your query done without increasing any timeouts "Conan Kelly" <CTBarbarinNOSPAM@msnNOSPAM.comNOSPAM> wr...

webservices and threads
Hi all, I have questation about webservices and iis 7,5 on the 2008 R2 server . I have webservice which called from apl.Apl have 100 threads , but the iis w3wp process have only 30 threads . Where is trouble ? thanx Not sure what is "apl.Apl" but if you mean that you are simulating 100 clients calling the web service at the same time, this is perhaps not a problem. The idea is that ASP.NET allocates a number of threads and if one request ends quickly then the same thread is available and can be reused for the next request so it doesn't need 100 threads... El...

2 issues, VBRuntime error and NBMIG.exe consumes CPU very much
Hi I have two issues. 1. I Can see error in Event Viewr >>Application Log Even when I clear the Log it get populated with VBRuntime errors within seconds Event Type: Information Event Source: VBRuntime Event Category: None Event ID: 1 Date: 12/25/2009 Time: 1:22:10 AM User: N/A Computer: GANESHSO-E77189 Description: The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application : Thread ID: 2408 ,Logged: For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. 2. In my task manager I can see NBMIG.exe con...

Java autoupdate in Vista
I've read that in Vista, there is no way to turn off Autoupdate in Java SE. With XP you could do it in Control Panel. I have Vista with the latest Java SE. I could find nothing in Control Panel. There is no Java icon in the System Tray - if there was, I could set up the autoupdates from there. Is there still no way to turn off the Java Autoupdate in Vista? It's possible I will have to wait for an update and then the system tray icon will appear. On Feb 24, 6:16=A0pm, Richard Fangnail <richardfangn...@excite.com> wrote: > I've read that in Vista, there is ...

windows app embed java app
Hi Windows application embed IE control embed applet <--- this is the way i know that emebd a java app into a windows app, but the disadvantage is slow, because applet take a longer time to load than a normal standalone java app. Is there any way to embed a JFrame/Java standalone application(with interface) into a windows app? thanks from Peter (cmk128@hotmail.com) ...