System.XML vs MSXML 3/4

I am current in the process of converting an existing ASP application to
ASP.NET.  The existing application makes extensive use of server side XML
transformations as in  rslt=myxmlobj.tranform(myxsltdoc).

Now I have included the reference to the MSXML 3.0 object into my .NET
application and have it working but I am wondering am I better off using the
System.XML object that comes naturally with .NET.  Is there a performance
gain?  Is it safer for rollout to an ISP?  Is it safer to place a
System.xml.xsl.transform object into the application cache versus a
MSXML.DOMDocument30.

Thanks in advance

Keith Chadwick

0
kchadwick (26)

This KB article states that the use of MSXML within .NET apps is not
supported.

So I would conclude that using System.Xml is the "safer" approach.

-Dino

"Keith Chadwick" <kchadwick@leewardsystems.com> wrote in message
> I am current in the process of converting an existing ASP application to
> ASP.NET.  The existing application makes extensive use of server side XML
> transformations as in  rslt=myxmlobj.tranform(myxsltdoc).
>
> Now I have included the reference to the MSXML 3.0 object into my .NET
> application and have it working but I am wondering am I better off using
the
> System.XML object that comes naturally with .NET.  Is there a performance
> gain?  Is it safer for rollout to an ISP?  Is it safer to place a
> System.xml.xsl.transform object into the application cache versus a
> MSXML.DOMDocument30.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Keith Chadwick

0
dinoch1 (221)
11/19/2003 3:37:13 AM
Thanks, I thought as much.  Having used MSXML for a long time I have found
the move to System.xml a little confusing but I appear to be getting over
the hump in just one day, which is not to bad.

Cheers
Keith

"Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]" <dinoch@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This KB article states that the use of MSXML within .NET apps is not
> supported.
>
> So I would conclude that using System.Xml is the "safer" approach.
>
> -Dino
>

> "Keith Chadwick" <kchadwick@leewardsystems.com> wrote in message
> > I am current in the process of converting an existing ASP application to
> > ASP.NET.  The existing application makes extensive use of server side
XML
> > transformations as in  rslt=myxmlobj.tranform(myxsltdoc).
> >
> > Now I have included the reference to the MSXML 3.0 object into my .NET
> > application and have it working but I am wondering am I better off using
> the
> > System.XML object that comes naturally with .NET.  Is there a
performance
> > gain?  Is it safer for rollout to an ISP?  Is it safer to place a
> > System.xml.xsl.transform object into the application cache versus a
> > MSXML.DOMDocument30.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Keith Chadwick

0
kchadwick (26)

How to lock and unlock the XP system from remote system.
Hi I am writting a program to lock and unlock the remote desptop.For this I need some help related to sending Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC.Can any one help me on the issue. Regards Prashant Sharma Yes. Find something else to do with your time. You keep trying to do something that any decent security system forbids. There is already remote access. See if you can find APIs relating to remote access. But I suspect that you will discover that Windows security is going to make this task impossible. joe On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:19:31 +0530, "ISDC" <satish7684@hotmail.com&...

League table #3
I'm trying to put a football league table together, which i'd like to include: the team, matches played, won, drawn, lossed, goals for, goals against, goal difference and points. i've pretty much done most of it but my main two problems are when there's no score entered for each match it enters in the table as a draw and my other issue is once a score is entered i can't get the teams to move up and down the league automatically. is there a way to lock the formulas for each team when they move up and down Please help my email is Regard S Hi S, A couple of general observ...

How to impersonate to Local System Account (SYSTEM)
My service is configurated as the Administrators acount. I need to impersonate the service to Local System Account (SYSTEM) in some circumtances. How? Thanks very very much indeed lauch ...

XML Attributes in a dataset
How does one extract the attribute value from a dataset that has an XML file, such as the one in the bottom of this message, loaded into it? I need to use a dataset and the XMl file has to remain as is. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Groups> <Group Name="Information Technology" ID="IT" Description="Information Technology" /> <Group Name="Finance" ID="Fin" Description="Finance Group"></Group> <Group Name="Hyperion" ID="Hyp" Description="Indiv...

&[page]+2 not giving me 3....
Greetings I am using two versions of excel - one is excel 2000 where I us the &[page]+2 to give me page 3 and continue numbering the page bu when I send the document to a colleague using excel 2002 in win-x instead of printing page 3, 4 , 5 it prints page 12, 22, 32, 42, 52 an so on. Does ayone have a solution for this? Iva -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In Excel 2002, there is an option on the File->Page Setup screen to start page numbering at 3 instead of Auto. If that option also exists in 2000, then you should be all set. Otherwise; I'm at an impass, t...

Integration with legacy systems
Hello there. 've seen there is an integration between Microsoft CRM and MS Great Plains. I need to do a similar integration beetween Microsoft CRM and a local System ERP named Diapason. The customer shoul be created by MS CRM. passed to the ERP. Updated tin the ERP and then updated automatically in the MS CRM. Order born in CRM. When approved, tehy should send to the ERP. The ERP create the invoice and send the invoice to MS CRM. Price list is managed by the ERP, imported in MS CRM and when updated in ERO, should be updated automatically in CRM. Customer are updated in ERP and shou...

OL2000 vs OLXP-Small business version
I am trying to schedule meetings between these two versions. When I send a meeting request to the 'small business version' it receives the an email, but no request to accept,decline? Any suggestions, I have both workstations using rich-text format. ...

Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems
we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are failing. can any one hlep me. This is a setting that each user must change. So I think you'll have to educate the users to change this setting before your VB program can run. kasi wrote: > > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not > have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . > Because of the this i...

excel causing system to be in low system resource
Hi all. Whenever i open my excel application, i am always prompted low system resource and have to exit the application. However all my other office applications like word, access work fine when i open them. I face similar problems before and i reinstall excel to solve the problem. Is there a better solution which can solve this problem once and for all? Thks in advance ...

question about Outlook vs. Outlook Express
I have a home based business and want to keep my biz emails separate from my personal emails. If I use Outlook for my biz and OE for my personal, will they conflict in any way? Will they each have separate address books? I appreciate any help or advice. :o) No, they won't conflict - and yes, they will have separate address books (in most cases; you don't mention your version of Outlook) Leslie wrote: > I have a home based business and want to keep my biz > emails separate from my personal emails. If I use Outlook > for my biz and OE for my personal, will they conflic...

Exchange 2007 #3
Hi; I don't know if this form addresses questions about Exchange 2007. If not, would you have a url that does? My questions: - Would E07 native messaging infrastructure with Outlook 07 require WINS? - Would E07 Coexistence messaging infrastructure with Outlook 07 and other versions require WINS? - E07 doesn't use Link State for message routing. What does it use instead and how it works? Thanks There are folks here (myself included) that have been working with Exchange 2007, so feel free to ask here. There are some online forums as well. http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/d...

can all the dowloads ihave in the system can they be moved
Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have errors with them Where would you like to take them? Buckingham Palace? "steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk" <steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:208855E4-BD3F-4C3D-A817-C0DC8CB6BCF9@microsoft.com... : Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have : errors with them Windows version is...? If you want to delete what you see in Update History, I can tell you how to do that. steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk wrote: > I...

e-mail account #3
I set up my hotmail account as an e-mail account on Outlook. When I press Send/Receive it tells me I have to subscribe to this service. Can anyone tell me what to do next? MC wrote: > I set up my hotmail account as an e-mail account on Outlook. When I > press Send/Receive it tells me I have to subscribe to this service. > Can anyone tell me what to do next? Subscribe, possibly? Unless you have a legacy Hotmail account, you cannot use any mail client unless you have a paid-for service. "MC" <MC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3C974F8-EE86...

Comparing two Columns #3
I have to columns full of data one column is "inventory" and the secon column is "charged items" inventory is what should be on the shel according to the computer, and charged items are the books that ar checked out. So the inventory - charged items would more less give m what "should" be on the shelf according to the computer. So I want column C to list me everything that is in Column A that i not in Column B. Column A is Inventory Column B is charged items (goes up to 6000). After I typed it out it seems very simply I just haven't figured ou how to...

Outlook 2003 cached mode #3
Somehow Outlook keeps going offline. I have to hit Send/Receive to receive or send new messages. Any ideas why this happes and how to set the cache mode back to connect mode? ...

Total Communications System & MS CRM 3.0
To Anyone: I am trying to find a complete "converged communications" system that has complete integration with MS CRM 3.0 as well as an open API that I can further integrate into my business applications. I am finding a lot of sales pitches but no hard facts and confirmed installs. Can anyone point me ? Anthony DeHart try www.genesyslabs.com ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D009397A-044A-482E-97F8-D2BADC9A6A15@microsoft.co...

Postcard merge 4 addresses for 4 postcards per page?
I am doing a 2 sided postcard Merged to over 300 addresses. I printed a ton of just the first side, and wanted to merge page 2 where the address info would go. the merge worked but instead of only printing the page with the merge info it printed both sides, so I ended up alternating with a good page of four diff address postcards, and then a page with four postcards with only the front on both pages. When I tried deleting the first page to prevent this from happening, the Merge started printing the same address 4 times on each page. Any way to get this to work so it will print multip...

File system
Hi I am havimg some problem in booting WindowCE 4.2 . The bootup failed in filesystem 1. can anyone help me how to debug the error or where area in windowce I should zoom into for susch problem The ouput of error message is given below FMD::FMD_Init FMD_ReadSector() ######## BLOCK 10 FMD_ReadSector() ######## BLOCK 10 Data Abort: Thread=8feec5d0 Proc=8e028b58 'filesys.exe' AKY=ffffffff PC=8c233c78 RA=8c233c00 BVA=04000000 FSR=00000007 Data Abort: Thread=8feec5d0 Proc=8e028b58 'filesys.exe' AKY=ffffffff PC=8c2169d8 RA=8c216a38 BVA=04000019 FSR=00000003 D...

BoundsChecker: Does it eff up VS.NET installs?
I just installed BoundsChecker and now all my toolbar settings and MSDN install and screwed up. Since installing BoundsChecker my MSDN install no longer works. It takes a long time getting the VS.NET IDE setup propertly because of Microsoft's buggy design where settings are not recorded in the registry until VS.NET is gracefully closed. Have VS.NET freeze on you (a common situation) or launch a second instance of VS.NET and you're either guaranteed or likely to see all of your settings disappear. It takes so damn long to get things setup properly due to Microsoft thinks that the on...

Xml Dom .net bug???
given a snippet from an XML message .... <DATA name="John" value="23" /> <DATA name="Betty" value="71" /> <DATA name="Craig" value="" /> <DATA name="Lisa" value="42" /> .... I load this into the Xml Dom in .Net (VB), and query each node for the 'name' and 'value' attributes. When I get to an instance where the attribute is empty (as in the case where name=Craig), Attributes("value").Value.ToString returns null? Surely this should return "" on...

using access as a content management system for documents
Hello got a question for you all, I am using access to create a content management solution. initially it seems pretty easy i would create a table for each type of document template. and the fields in the table would be the different sections within the template. the data in the fields would be the content this goes with those specific sections in the document. basically i would have a report that puts all the fields together in the correct order and export that to a word document. here is my problem.. some of my data includes bullet points Bold letter and different colors.. is there anyw...

Import Requisitions Into System For Approval
We have a database of registrants for different events and were hoping it was possible to import certain hotel and other expenditure requests into the requisition system for approval. Is there a way to import this data instead of manually create a requisition in the system, and then to route it for approval. Thanks for your help. Graham ...

Exchange system manager on fresh XP SP2 laptop
Hello, How do I get the Exchange 2003 system manager console installed on a freshly loaded XP Service Pack 2 workstation?? It keeps complaining about the NNTP service and .Net Framework 1.1... The frame work IS loaded, but I can't figure out what to do with NNTP.. Troy Sounds like it is trying to install the whole kit and caboodle and not just the management software. It might also be an issue with XP SP2 being unable to connect to the WINS server or to the Exchange server. "Troy Bruder" <N0-Spam-troy.bruder@aptconsulting.com> wrote in message news:OoZAS6UgEHA.34...

Question about output XML stream containing several XML instance documents
Hi, I am writing an application which takes an XML input stream. Can the XML input stream contain 1 or more XML document information? If so, I can write to an XML output stream and return multiple XML document information back? Am I correct to assume this? Is there some consideration to look at first? Thanks, CR * aboutjav.com@gmail.com wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >I am writing an application which takes an XML input stream. Can the >XML input stream contain 1 or more XML document information? If so, I >can write to an XML output stream and return multiple XML documen...

Add a product opportunity to an opportunity in CRM Mobile 3.0 device
Hi everybody! I have a big question so I need your help.. Please! I have deployed CRM Mobile 3.0 and it works great but when I create a new opportunity I can not relate a product opportunity to it. So what is it for? If I load an opportunity from the server and this opportunity has a related product and I can see it but I can not add a new one. I relate to opportunity new activities (fax , letters and ohters), new relationships, and new notes, but I can not add a new product.! Please can somebody tell me if there is a problem in my deployment or this can not be done? Best Regards! Dunadain....