String to xml document

Hi there,

I was hoping someone can help me with a little problem I can't seem to find
any answers to.

I've got a form wich will be posted. On receiving the post I would like to
parse a formvar to a xml document.

The contents of this formvar (string) will be a valid xhtml document.

Can someone give me a startertip (or more :-)) on how to achieve this?

tnx in advance,

James van der Veen

0
Sjeems (1)

Sjeems wrote:

> I was hoping someone can help me with a little problem I can't seem to find
> any answers to.
>
> I've got a form wich will be posted. On receiving the post I would like to
> parse a formvar to a xml document.
>
> The contents of this formvar (string) will be a valid xhtml document.
>
> Can someone give me a startertip (or more :-)) on how to achieve this?

   XmlDocument xhtmlDoc = new XmlDocument();
   xhtmlDoc.LoadXml(Request.QueryString("inputName"));
if the form data is submitted per HTTP GET and
   XmlDocument xhtmlDoc = new XmlDocument();
   xhtmlDoc.LoadXml(Request.Form("inputName"));
if the form data is submitted per HTTP POST.
If you are using ASP.NET pages with post back and server controls then
there are other ways to access the data posted e.g.
   xhtmlDoc.LoadXml(ControlID.Text);

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

making a document print in black & white

Search a string in all worksheets ?
I am searching for a string say ABC in all worksheets in Excel 97. However, it seems that it only allows me to search it in the current worksheet. Is there any suggestion ? Hi Peter............ In XL2k, I just highlighted all three sheets using Right-click on one tab and choosing Select all sheets..........then did Edit > Find > and typed my search string in the window and hit "Find next" repeatedly and it cycled through all three sheets finding the string...........is that what you're wanting to do? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Peter" <anonymous@di...

XmlTextReader to a xml string
I want to use FOR XML in my query so I'm going to use the ExecuteXmlReader method? The trouble I'm having now is streaming the results to a string for output as an XML document. Also, since the XML that comes from teh query is not a complete document it's a fragment without a root element. So, any ideas about how to get his into a string? --Buddy Buddy Ackerman wrote: > I want to use FOR XML in my query so I'm going to use the ExecuteXmlReader > method? The trouble I'm having now is streaming the results to a string for > output as an XML document. Also, ...

XML receipt cache force reload?
I am pulling my hair out over here. I hand editted the XML to place the SubDescription1 instead of ItemLookupCode. I also said for the POS station to prompt for receipts. Even after specifying a new receipt XML file and trying to reload the updated version, it's having difficulty getting used to the new format. It still recalls the old. Can someone advise me as to a surefire way to clear out a cache of receipt info? Thanks, Kevin Fisher Fisher wrote: > Even after specifying a new receipt XML file and trying to reload the > updated version, it's having difficulty getting used...

Powerpoint opens all word documents
Why when I save my word documents in 2007 format does powerpoint open it back up. I have to manually choose Open with Microsoft Office Word so I can see my documents. It opens all documents from internet same way You might try Office Diagnostics, if that fails to rectify, then modify your File Associations "abarone1967" <abarone1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7534FBF1-149D-4560-8D72-3CC03585CB94@microsoft.com... > Why when I save my word documents in 2007 format does powerpoint open it > back > up. I have to manually choose Open ...

Save Application State to XML: How to have each module create a "Node"?
Hi, I have an application which is built from many modules. I re-use the modules in different applications. I'd like to have each of my modules implement a "SaveState()" method. The method should return the state of the module (and any modules it contains) in some nice, easily parsable and savable format. I think this format should be XML. So should each module return an XmlElement, an XmlDocument, or an XmlDocumentFragment. I've been experimenting and I can't figure out the best way to do this. I'd like to do it "right" because I'll be doing this a l...

Excel 2003 document post to web is appending
I am using VBA code in a 2003 Excel spreadsheet. I just upgraded the computer to Office 2003 (not 97). Now when I post with HTMLConvert, it appends instead of replacing the contents of the page. I deleted the object and then posted and of course it’s OK – the next day when I run the daily update, it appends. How can I make this code just replace the current data??? Here is my code: 'save Daily Safety Stats as html format on Safety Web Page Set rngRangeToHTML = Worksheets(strMonth).Range(strRange) iResult = htmlconvert(rangeandcharttoconvert:=rngRangeToHTML, _ ...

How can you copy selected cells when one cell contains a specified string?
Hi! I need to paste selected cells into different worksheets. The cells contain information like: date, amount, category eg: 24/08/04, 590, eggs 25/08/04, 430, cheese what I wanna do is copy date and amounts to eggs worksheet or cheese worksheet, depending on whether category is eggs or cheese. Is there a way to combine the IF function with a paste link, or something like that? Thanks a bundle in advance! Jon. Formulas return a value to the cells in which they reside. They cannot perform actions, such as copy,paste ect. what you want is possible but you didn't not provide enou...

C: Drive documents and setting expansion
Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. What do I need to change so that can happen?? Thanks.. Bruce A. Julseth wrote: > Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an > expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and > Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. > > What do I need to change so that can happen?? 1. You could ...

Je vous conseille de lire ce document
Je vous conseille de lire ce document en version imprimable si vous utilisez un webmail, merci JE NE VENDS RIEN JE DONNE JUSTE UN TUYAU SUPER A TITRE GRATUIT.....ESSAYEZ C�EST TERRIBLE ***Si vous d�sirez faire autour de 5000? en � peu pr�s 30 jours, je vous demande de lire l'information suivante soigneusement*** Prenez 5 minutes pour lire attentivement cette information. Ce sera la meilleure d�cision que vous n'aurez jamais prise. Ce concept a aid� beaucoup de personnes � gagner 5000? en 30 jours, rien qu'en faisant fonctionner cette ...

xml to excel #2
can anybody tell me how to transfer xml data to an excel template (worksheet) using asp.net ? Hi Ganesh, Regarding this issue of transferring the XML datato an excel template, I would request you to please go through teh following article to transfer the data from an access database to Microsoft Office Excel 2003. These include using the user-Interface, programmatically creating an XML file, transforming the data and reading it into Excel, and automating Excel and programmatically reading the data file : [Transfer XML Data to Microsoft Office Excel 2003 with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET] ht...

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

How do I write a string in the destination element depending on what the string is in the source, using XSLT/XPath? (Like a switch statement.)
Is there something like a switch statement in XPath? What I want to do is this: In the source there is an element called "member" with either the value "0" or "1". In the destination element (also called "member") the value should be "No" or "Yes" (Where "0" corresponds to "No" and "1" to "Yes"). How do I do this? Joakim Olesen wrote: > Is there something like a switch statement in XPath? What I want to do is > this: > > In the source there is an element called "member&quo...

exporting to XML
I noticed that you can export an Access database to XML, but is there anyway you can run it from a macro or a script. I want to automate the process on a nightly basis. thanx I assume access 2003? Check out the application.ExportXML acExportTable While in the code editor, go help...and type in ExprotXML You will find information on the ExprotXML feature.... -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal But keep in mind that exportXML will only export one table from the database. You will ha...

Adding USer Defined Comment data to Customer Documents List
I am using Great Plains 7.5 with Business Portal 2.0 and when I try to add the Comment Text field to the Customer Documents List web object, the query gives me an error message as follows: Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Data.GeneralDatabaseException Invalid column name 'CMMTTEXT'. I've contacted tech support and I have yet to received a resolution. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get past the error message and retrieve this data? Brooks Never mind ... we were using a replicated database and that field was not coming across. -- Brooks "Brooks Seifried" wr...

How to find a text in a string without giving the position of the
My requirement are I want to find a particular text in a string with out giving the position of the text . I believe that if we use find and search we have to give the text position for the particular text. Can anyone guide me what should be the function used for getting this. Post example(s) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Sreekanth" <Sreekanth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2ABF7FC-5745-4863-AA05-4EC1D61C825E@microsoft.com... > My requirement are > I want to find a particular text in...

Stringing formulas again
Hey there Roger, once again this formula thing is driving me crazy...I can visualize what I want to do but can't work out the formula...This is how I see it in my mind =IF(AI13,AW13,BI13,BW13,CJ13="N","",IF(AI13,AW13,BI13,BW13,CJ13="R","",SUM(AI13+AW13+BI13+BW13+CJ13/100)))) What do you think? Cheers David Perhaps this will help........... =IF(OR(AI13="N",AW13="N",BI13="N",BW13="N",CJ13="N",AI13="R",AW13="R",BI13="R",BW13="R",CJ13="R"),""...

Read from XML into Datagrid with dropdownlist

String of strings
Is there a standard way of handling a double null terminated string with embedded null terminated strings. I've looked but can't find any examples. TIA, Gerry Murphy You have to manully put them in string, I believe you are looking for MutliSz reg string or string for shFileOperation if i am not wrong. -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "Gerry Murphy" <gerrymurphy@rcn.com> wrote in message news:YNydnaPkJaUXCc7fRVn-uQ@rcn.net... > Is there a standard way of handling a...

Count occurance of a string across numerous worksheets
Hi all, Have a "Control Page" and numerous other sheets. I've now listed all workseets on the "Control Page" eg: .. A B 10 Feb04-Mar04 11 Jan04-Feb04 12 Dec03-Jan04 13 Nov03-Dec03 14 Oct03-Nov03 15 Sep03-Oct03 16 Aug03-Sep03 17 Jul03-Aug03 18 Jun03-Jul03 19 May03-Jun03 20 Apr03-May03 21 Mar03-Apr03 22 Feb03-Mar03 23 Jan03-Feb03 24 Dec02-Jan03 25 Nov02-Dec02 Im trying to count the number of times a specific string "Internet Usage - Prepaid IP Hours &q...

Searching for Substrings Within Strings
I would like to be able to search and flag a list of string data based on another list of substring data. If I have a list of strings in Column A and input the list of substrings in Column C, I would like an "X" to appear in Column B every time that a substring mentioned in Column C is included in any of the strings indicated in Column A. (There cannot be multiple instances of the same substring, or a combination of different substrings, in each string of data in Column A.) For instance, given the following information indicated in Columns A and C, the "X" should appear a...

Cheque printout to a file with date & amount converted to text/string
Print cheque output a text file, and this text file will be sent to bank for further processing. There are some fields are hardcoded and some are from GP fields, including date and amount. We modify the Report Writer for the Cheque printing, the added a few of calculated fields. Some calculated fields will contain text with hardcoded data (may contain special characters, like comma and /) Some calculated fields will hold data from the field found in GP and if it is date format, it will be using RW_DateToString() to convert it to string text and this calculated can be showing in...

How do I remove * from text string in cell
I need to remove the asterisk character from a text string within Excel but ordinary find/replace just sees it as a wildcard and deletes everything. Hi Search for ~* and it should work. HTH. best wishes Harald "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:15AB8A9C-4C55-4653-94DE-3D2DC2C2BEA8@microsoft.com... > I need to remove the asterisk character from a text string within Excel but > ordinary find/replace just sees it as a wildcard and deletes everything. ...

XSD/XML -> RDB in .Net
Hello all! Are there available samples or code which can create "create table" SQL statements using provided XSD and/or XML? Is it possible to get create table statements from DataSets / DataTables in ..Net? Any ideas how to approach this? ...

saving over a document
Version: 2008 <i>am working on a project for school that requires me to create multiple documents. i wrote one of my documents, saved it, then typed over it to started working on my next one. when i finished the next one, i accidentally pressed save instead of save as... and now i have two versions of my second document. Is there any way to go back to a previously saved version of my first document?</i> Probably not, unless you have backups (say on using Time Machine or some other backup strategy). --rms www.rmschneider.com On 11/01/10 01:10, Briesayzhi@o...