sql server data to ms word using xml

hi

i was given a task to display sql server data in ms word using xml. Im
currently doing research to accomplish the task. What i have in mind is to
create an xml template (or schema?) to load the sql server data first.Then
add the xml template in the ms word add-in option. Is it possible? Can anyone
point me to the right direction?

Thanks
0
ADS1 (8)

My approach to this for the last few years (since Office XP) has been to
save a Word document formatted they way it should end up - as XML.  And then
rename it to a XSL and put in iterators to populate the data from the XML
queried out of SQL Server. Contact me if you need assistance.
Chris Harrington
www.activeinterface.com

"ads" <ads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
>
> i was given a task to display sql server data in ms word using xml. Im
> currently doing research to accomplish the task. What i have in mind is to
> create an xml template (or schema?) to load the sql server data first.Then
> add the xml template in the ms word add-in option. Is it possible? Can
> anyone
> point me to the right direction?
>
> Thanks

0
ChrisHarrington
3/17/2006 12:07:57 AM
Can u elaborate your statement?hmmm it looks like interesting. What i need is
a one step configuration in ms word to accept database data then a one-click
process to display the database data in ms word. is it possible? Can you give
me links pointing to your approach?

thanks chris

"ChrisHarrington" wrote:

> My approach to this for the last few years (since Office XP) has been to
> save a Word document formatted they way it should end up - as XML.  And then
> rename it to a XSL and put in iterators to populate the data from the XML
> queried out of SQL Server. Contact me if you need assistance.
> Chris Harrington
> www.activeinterface.com
>
> "ads" <ads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi
> >
> > i was given a task to display sql server data in ms word using xml. Im
> > currently doing research to accomplish the task. What i have in mind is to
> > create an xml template (or schema?) to load the sql server data first.Then
> > add the xml template in the ms word add-in option. Is it possible? Can
> > anyone
> > point me to the right direction?
> >
> > Thanks

0
ADS1 (8)

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

Moving Data From One Form To Another
Hi all, I have a form that shows student information (primary key = student ID). I have buttons on this form to bring up other forms that can be used to register student for certain events. The first form is data from a student table, while the ones for registering the student are connected to a table s called Students Registered for an event (primary key = Student ID + Event ID). The problem is, then when you open the registration form, you have to manually put in the Student ID as input. I would like to pull whatever Student ID was currently showing in the Student form to be automatically p...

IM ODBC MS Access 'read permissions' error
I am stumped. This is the first time I'm using IM with Access as the source; I never have any trouble with other sources but can't get this to work: I'm trying to set up IM using Access DB query as the source. I seem to be able to make the connection with the DB no problem as I can select from the list of tables from the datasource, however, IM is "unable to obtain column info..." with the following error returned by ODBC "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Record(s) cannot be read; no read permission on 'qry...'." The login/pw I used in the ...

Cannot install the 3rd Exchange 2003 Server
Hi All, Please help me. I cannot install the 3rd exchange Server 2003 on windows server 2003 Std with SP1 and without SP1. My AD is Server 2003 with SP1. The other 2 Exchange Server is 2003 std with SP2. During installing a new Exchange computer into the organization, I receive the following error message: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC007054B (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again. And the log is have the following error: [19:50:13] DS or RPC is b...

Elimate year (either YY or YYYY) in data
I want to format a column ONLY using day and month so that I can sort by that column. The default includes the year I have entered the data (i.e. 2004 or 2005) which corrupts the sort. Anyway to remove it? I have tried custom and special under format. Doesn't work. Thanks. Jack Why doesn't MMM DD, MMMM DD or M/DD work in custom formatting? "Jack" <jack.lindberg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1119642762.402873.131840@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... I want to format a column ONLY using day and month so that I can sort by that column. The default includes the y...

Free & Busy Data messed up.. Plz Help!!
We have exchange v5.5. Recently one of the exchange admins was in the public folders messing around with permissions. He said he didn't change anything but something had to have changed because now all free and busy data, public address book, tasks, notes, etc are not accessible to new users. Any time we create a new email account they can't view there calendar (says it doesn't exist), nothing shows up in the global address list. Anytime they receive an email to accept a meeting it says unable to open item. I've done the usual things like reset the server. I loo...

Need to add check transactions to Microsoft Money using OFX file (not bank statements)
Does anybody have an example of an OFX file that imports check transactions into Microsoft Money? I need to simulate the manual input of checks. Dut to problems in our accounting software, it's best to enter transactions in our accounting system and rekey them into MS-Money. I found some "statement" files but I am thinking this isn't what I need to do????? I appreciate the depth and functionality of ofx vs. qif but I am finding it difficult to find ofx examples since they all appear to be produced by large companies (i.e. banks and financial companies) Any help wo...

Comparing two sets of data, and outputting the matches to another location
Hello. I have a problem I've been working on for a few days now, and I can't seem to come up with a solution. I have two columns of data. The first is a list of company employees sorted by last name (about 10,000 names), followed by the department they work in. The second is a sample list of the employees (about 200 names), also sorted by last name, and the computer systems access level they have. What I want to do is compare the second list to the first list, and where the names appear on both lists, output the data from both columns (for that name) to a third location. The goal...

Capturing data
I am working on a registration form for a meeting. I currently have a sheet set up as a registration form with cells for various fees to be paid by the registrant. My current plan is to use a seperate sheet for each registrant (approx 100 - 150) all within the same workbook. The question is: What would be the best way to summarize the various amounts paid and the numbers of people registered for each event all onto one sheet? I looked at using a Pivot Table, but apparently my data on the registration form is not arranged correctly. I have been looking at using a summary sheet with...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

Import data to pivottable
Hi Is it possible to create a pivot with reference to several data from diffent sheets in the same excel file. I am trying to manage data on money transactions. These transactions are different in their nature (grouped into the different types) and I would prefer if they were in seperate sheets. Next problem... In these sheets I want to manage transaction from an account to an other account, therefore I got 2 colloms with the name "account name". This curses some problems because I want the "Row" of the pivottable to be "Account name". I want the pivottab...

sql summarizing help

Project Server Cube Build Issue
I think I screwed up the install order on the SQL DMO components. According to MSDN: " At this time, do not use the feature packs for SQL Server 2008 to install and download these components, as those files will not allow you to build cubes in SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services with Project Server 2007." However, I didn't read that carefully enough and installed the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Objects Collection instead of the 2005 version. Now I can't install the 2005 version even if I uninstall the 2008 version. The setup fails with the "highe...

using Forms and VBA within Excel
I need to develop an application with Excel which will include Forms and VBA code. I have done small projects like this before but this will be significantly larger with 6-10 forms and navigation (via command buttons) between the forms. I have heard rumors that forms within Excel can be troublesome (e.g. they can disappear without warning). I have never had problems with this before. But still wanted to ask the community - are there know issues with using Forms and VBA within Excel. The main functionality of the app will be to validate and capture data, store the data in Excel a...

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

Uninstall CRM, but retain data?
I'm having so many problems with CRM (too many crazy asp.net errors) that instead of spending all my time troubleshooting, I'd like to uninstall and reinstall. However, I have data in my CRM. Not a huge amount of data, but I have 4 userss in there with say, 100 contacts and other information in there each. I know all that info resides in the SQL DB too. Is there a way, that if I uninstall CRM, can I preserve that data and possibly import it back in once I get a new CRM running? Never created any custom anything. Our CRM was pretty much default all the way. I'd hate to ...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

Server
Working in a large office we have recently replaced our exchange server. The new server has a different name fom the old one. For the vast majority of users this has not caused a problem. One user about once a week cannot open hois Outlook and the server name reverts back to the old server name. Please help ! ...

creating a program that uses data from a sensor....
Hello, I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an electronic circuit). What are the hardware components that would be needed? And what MFC class(es) would I use to accomplish this? Thanks, RABMissouri2006 On 21 Oct 2006 08:10:50 -0700, "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it >from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an >electronic circuit). What are the ha...

CRM Data Dictionary
Hi all, Wouldnt it be very helpful if we had the CRM Data Dictionary? I am just starting developing reports with CRM 3.0, and I am coming accross some views, like -- FilteredAccount -- FilteredIncident -- FilteredAsp_CaseResolutionDetails -- FilteredSubject I would like to know more about them, of course, I am already having a look at the database, but if someone, somewhere, had already done that, I would be so grateful if he or she could drop me some hints, or even a data dictionary document. thanks in advance, Marcello Miorelli The CRM schema is quite well documented. Start with ER diag...