SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

I'm missing some piece of the puzzle. I'm using 'for xml' type queries from
SQL2K - and now trying to change the front-end from ADO to C#, I can't quite
figure it out..

It seems that I could use an XmlReader.. and somehow use that instead of a
DataReader.. but that didn't work.. I tried using a DataReader and get the
byte array - but that wasn't right.

SQL returns formatted XML, I need to load that XML into an XmlDocument
somehow without ANY molestation of that dom. Any ideas? Examples? Missing
links????

thanks


0
9/3/2003 4:42:54 PM
dotnet.xml 7266 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
1313 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 13

THANKS!! I've been looking for the answer to these for weeks. I always do
things with System.Data.OleDb.* - and this actually dawned on my a little
while ago - so I stumbled across the same answer.

I have one followup, with this code:

  XmlReader xmlReader = objCmd.ExecuteXmlReader();
  XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();
  xmlDoc.Load(xmlReader);
  xmlReader.Close();
  string strText = xmlDoc.OuterXml;

And xmlDoc.OuterXml at a breakpoint at the last line, is
"<CLIENTINFO><CLIENTID>123412341234</CLIENTID> (bunch of elements
deleted)</CLIENTINFO>" - which is correct and valid.

But if I try to read OuterXml or InnerText into a variable (like the last
line of code), I get and exception of "This document already has a
DocumentElement node."

Any ideas? This same stored procedure works with legacy ADO... Thanks
again!!


"SQL Server Development Team [MSFT]" <sqldev@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:OwqdZskcDHA.2820@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> The SqlCommand class has an ExecuteXmlReader method.
> See
>
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemDataSqlClientSqlCommandClassExecuteXmlReaderTopic.asp
>
> Here's the cut a pasted example
>
> [C#]
> public void CreateMyXmlReader(string myXmlQuery, SqlConnection
myConnection)
>  {
> // For the myXmlQuery append the "for XML" statement to the end of the SQL
> Query
> SqlCommand myCommand = new SqlCommand(myXmlQuery, myConnection);
>     try
>     {
>      myConnection.Open();
>
>      System.Xml.XmlReader myXmlReader = myCommand.ExecuteXmlReader();
>
>      // Always close the XmlReader when finished.
>      myXmlReader.Close();
>     }
>     catch(Exception e)
>     {
>       System.Diagnostics.EventLog log = new System.Diagnostics.EventLog();
>       log.Source = "My Application";
>       log.WriteEntry(e.ToString());
>       Console.WriteLine("Exception of type {0} occurred.", e.GetType());
>     }
>     finally
>     {
>       myConnection.Close();
>     }
>  }
>
> Mark Fussell
> PM - System.Xml
>
> -- 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
> Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
> "Drebin" <tRhEeMdOrVeEbin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:iSo5b.4168$x%4.3613@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> > I'm missing some piece of the puzzle. I'm using 'for xml' type queries
> from
> > SQL2K - and now trying to change the front-end from ADO to C#, I can't
> quite
> > figure it out..
> >
> > It seems that I could use an XmlReader.. and somehow use that instead of
a
> > DataReader.. but that didn't work.. I tried using a DataReader and get
the
> > byte array - but that wasn't right.
> >
> > SQL returns formatted XML, I need to load that XML into an XmlDocument
> > somehow without ANY molestation of that dom. Any ideas? Examples?
Missing
> > links????
> >
> > thanks
> >
> >
>
>


0
9/3/2003 7:00:55 PM
Ummm. I am surprised that it let you load the returned XML. By default the
For XML query returns XML fragments with no "wrapping" document element
node. This will fail when loaded into the XmlDocument class. Usually you
have one of three choices;

1) Create an document element node before setting the InnerXml property on
the XmlDocument from the XmlReader's InnerXml.
2) Create a document element node for the FOR XML query using the &root
append. See http://www.sqlxml.org/faqs.aspx?faq=16
3) Use the XPathDocument class that can load XML fragements if you do not
want a document element node i.e You want an XML fragment. The only issue
here is that you have to save this out via an XPathNavigator which takes
more code.

I would look though examples that Dan has from his book.
http://www.xmlforasp.net/codeSection.aspx?csID=1
See CH8 approx - SQL Server and XML.

Thanks. Mark
PM - System.Xml


-- 
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
"Drebin" <tRhEeMdOrVeEbin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:HTq5b.4199$fb5.2642@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> THANKS!! I've been looking for the answer to these for weeks. I always do
> things with System.Data.OleDb.* - and this actually dawned on my a little
> while ago - so I stumbled across the same answer.
>
> I have one followup, with this code:
>
>   XmlReader xmlReader = objCmd.ExecuteXmlReader();
>   XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();
>   xmlDoc.Load(xmlReader);
>   xmlReader.Close();
>   string strText = xmlDoc.OuterXml;
>
> And xmlDoc.OuterXml at a breakpoint at the last line, is
> "<CLIENTINFO><CLIENTID>123412341234</CLIENTID> (bunch of elements
> deleted)</CLIENTINFO>" - which is correct and valid.
>
> But if I try to read OuterXml or InnerText into a variable (like the last
> line of code), I get and exception of "This document already has a
> DocumentElement node."
>
> Any ideas? This same stored procedure works with legacy ADO... Thanks
> again!!
>
>
> "SQL Server Development Team [MSFT]" <sqldev@microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> news:OwqdZskcDHA.2820@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > The SqlCommand class has an ExecuteXmlReader method.
> > See
> >
>
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemDataSqlClientSqlCommandClassExecuteXmlReaderTopic.asp
> >
> > Here's the cut a pasted example
> >
> > [C#]
> > public void CreateMyXmlReader(string myXmlQuery, SqlConnection
> myConnection)
> >  {
> > // For the myXmlQuery append the "for XML" statement to the end of the
SQL
> > Query
> > SqlCommand myCommand = new SqlCommand(myXmlQuery, myConnection);
> >     try
> >     {
> >      myConnection.Open();
> >
> >      System.Xml.XmlReader myXmlReader = myCommand.ExecuteXmlReader();
> >
> >      // Always close the XmlReader when finished.
> >      myXmlReader.Close();
> >     }
> >     catch(Exception e)
> >     {
> >       System.Diagnostics.EventLog log = new
System.Diagnostics.EventLog();
> >       log.Source = "My Application";
> >       log.WriteEntry(e.ToString());
> >       Console.WriteLine("Exception of type {0} occurred.", e.GetType());
> >     }
> >     finally
> >     {
> >       myConnection.Close();
> >     }
> >  }
> >
> > Mark Fussell
> > PM - System.Xml
> >
> > -- 
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> > Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
> > "Drebin" <tRhEeMdOrVeEbin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:iSo5b.4168$x%4.3613@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> > > I'm missing some piece of the puzzle. I'm using 'for xml' type queries
> > from
> > > SQL2K - and now trying to change the front-end from ADO to C#, I can't
> > quite
> > > figure it out..
> > >
> > > It seems that I could use an XmlReader.. and somehow use that instead
of
> a
> > > DataReader.. but that didn't work.. I tried using a DataReader and get
> the
> > > byte array - but that wasn't right.
> > >
> > > SQL returns formatted XML, I need to load that XML into an XmlDocument
> > > somehow without ANY molestation of that dom. Any ideas? Examples?
> Missing
> > > links????
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
sqldev (66)
9/3/2003 7:34:31 PM
Actually - my problem is just the opposite, the query DOES wrap everything
in a root element... And we already have a bunch of complex stored
procedures that already work this way...

It's almost like XmlDocument is trying to put a wrapper tag and there is
already one. Any other ideas?? And thanks VERY much for your help - even if
I don't get this working - you've already advanced me quite a bit, because I
was at a dead end!!


"SQL Server Development Team [MSFT]" <sqldev@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:Oxf$nIlcDHA.3044@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Ummm. I am surprised that it let you load the returned XML. By default the
> For XML query returns XML fragments with no "wrapping" document element
> node. This will fail when loaded into the XmlDocument class. Usually you
> have one of three choices;
>
> 1) Create an document element node before setting the InnerXml property on
> the XmlDocument from the XmlReader's InnerXml.
> 2) Create a document element node for the FOR XML query using the &root
> append. See http://www.sqlxml.org/faqs.aspx?faq=16
> 3) Use the XPathDocument class that can load XML fragements if you do not
> want a document element node i.e You want an XML fragment. The only issue
> here is that you have to save this out via an XPathNavigator which takes
> more code.
>
> I would look though examples that Dan has from his book.
> http://www.xmlforasp.net/codeSection.aspx?csID=1
> See CH8 approx - SQL Server and XML.
>
> Thanks. Mark
> PM - System.Xml
>
>
> -- 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
> Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
> "Drebin" <tRhEeMdOrVeEbin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:HTq5b.4199$fb5.2642@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> > THANKS!! I've been looking for the answer to these for weeks. I always
do
> > things with System.Data.OleDb.* - and this actually dawned on my a
little
> > while ago - so I stumbled across the same answer.
> >
> > I have one followup, with this code:
> >
> >   XmlReader xmlReader = objCmd.ExecuteXmlReader();
> >   XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();
> >   xmlDoc.Load(xmlReader);
> >   xmlReader.Close();
> >   string strText = xmlDoc.OuterXml;
> >
> > And xmlDoc.OuterXml at a breakpoint at the last line, is
> > "<CLIENTINFO><CLIENTID>123412341234</CLIENTID> (bunch of elements
> > deleted)</CLIENTINFO>" - which is correct and valid.
> >
> > But if I try to read OuterXml or InnerText into a variable (like the
last
> > line of code), I get and exception of "This document already has a
> > DocumentElement node."
> >
> > Any ideas? This same stored procedure works with legacy ADO... Thanks
> > again!!
> >
> >
> > "SQL Server Development Team [MSFT]" <sqldev@microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> > news:OwqdZskcDHA.2820@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > The SqlCommand class has an ExecuteXmlReader method.
> > > See
> > >
> >
>
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemDataSqlClientSqlCommandClassExecuteXmlReaderTopic.asp
> > >
> > > Here's the cut a pasted example
> > >
> > > [C#]
> > > public void CreateMyXmlReader(string myXmlQuery, SqlConnection
> > myConnection)
> > >  {
> > > // For the myXmlQuery append the "for XML" statement to the end of the
> SQL
> > > Query
> > > SqlCommand myCommand = new SqlCommand(myXmlQuery, myConnection);
> > >     try
> > >     {
> > >      myConnection.Open();
> > >
> > >      System.Xml.XmlReader myXmlReader = myCommand.ExecuteXmlReader();
> > >
> > >      // Always close the XmlReader when finished.
> > >      myXmlReader.Close();
> > >     }
> > >     catch(Exception e)
> > >     {
> > >       System.Diagnostics.EventLog log = new
> System.Diagnostics.EventLog();
> > >       log.Source = "My Application";
> > >       log.WriteEntry(e.ToString());
> > >       Console.WriteLine("Exception of type {0} occurred.",
e.GetType());
> > >     }
> > >     finally
> > >     {
> > >       myConnection.Close();
> > >     }
> > >  }
> > >
> > > Mark Fussell
> > > PM - System.Xml
> > >
> > > -- 
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> > rights.
> > > Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
> > > "Drebin" <tRhEeMdOrVeEbin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > news:iSo5b.4168$x%4.3613@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> > > > I'm missing some piece of the puzzle. I'm using 'for xml' type
queries
> > > from
> > > > SQL2K - and now trying to change the front-end from ADO to C#, I
can't
> > > quite
> > > > figure it out..
> > > >
> > > > It seems that I could use an XmlReader.. and somehow use that
instead
> of
> > a
> > > > DataReader.. but that didn't work.. I tried using a DataReader and
get
> > the
> > > > byte array - but that wasn't right.
> > > >
> > > > SQL returns formatted XML, I need to load that XML into an
XmlDocument
> > > > somehow without ANY molestation of that dom. Any ideas? Examples?
> > Missing
> > > > links????
> > > >
> > > > thanks
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
9/3/2003 7:51:13 PM
>-----Original Message-----
>I'm missing some piece of the puzzle. I'm using 'for 
xml' type queries from
>SQL2K - and now trying to change the front-end from ADO 
to C#, I can't quite
>figure it out..
>
>It seems that I could use an XmlReader.. and somehow use 
that instead of a
>DataReader.. but that didn't work.. I tried using a 
DataReader and get the
>byte array - but that wasn't right.
>
>SQL returns formatted XML, I need to load that XML into 
an XmlDocument
>somehow without ANY molestation of that dom. Any ideas? 
Examples? Missing
>links????
>
>thanks
>
>
>.
>
0
jjj6295 (1)
9/8/2003 1:07:25 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL
Is there any way to call dex procs from SQL or VB code? Jed There is an undocumented and unsupported method of calling Dex code from VBA. However, I know of no method of calling Dexterity from SQL. Please email me if you want an example, just remove the online. from the address below. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This p...

is SQL 2000 architecture different SQL Server 2005 / 2008 architecture?
Hi I have a book "inside SQL Server 2000" by Kalen Delaney, which I have been told is a good book. I am going backwards... reading about the sql server architecture in chapter 3 of the book. As I'm reading... I was wondering is it different SQL Server 2000 vs SQL Server 2005/2008? Also where can I find a book/or link that can give me more details about the internals on architecture? Thank you norm (normanchan@gmail.com) writes: > Hi I have a book "inside SQL Server 2000" by Kalen Delaney, which I > have been told is a good book. I am g...

xml schema / dataset mapping
Hi, I am writing a Xml Editor. I use the XmlDataDocument and DataSet to read a Xsd schema given at run time. Then, I create the Xml document according to the given schema. My problem is to understand some mapping between schema and DataSet. For example, the 'minOccurs', 'maxOccurs', 'annotation', 'appinfo' : how can I read these informations in the DataSet generated when using XmlDataDocument.DataSet.ReadXmlSchema() ? Thanks in advance for your help, Droopy. ...

Fetch XML and Relative Dates
Is it possible to use relative dates beyond the preconfigured conditions in Fetch XML? For example, I want to return all records created 30 days ago to present. I would want something similar to this: <fetch mapping='logical'> <entity name='account'> <attribute name = 'name'/> <attribute name = 'accountid'/> <filter type='and'> <condition attribute = 'createdon' operator='on-or-after' value='Now()-30'/> </filter> </entity> </fetch> I u...

[Win7 x64] Move partition C to another drive
Hi. I have Windows 7 installed on a primary 1/3 partition of a 300Gb SATA hard drive. The other 2/3 is are logical partitions of 100Gb each. Needless to say, I am running out of room on drive C and also want to have my OS on my biggest and fastest hard drive that I have. In the system is another 1Tb SATA drive broken into 4 250Gb primary partitions for storage. I just put in another 1Tb drive last night, broke it into 4 primary partitions of 250Gb each, and gave it drive letters of L, M, N, & O. Because of this and my mounted shares, I am running out of drive letters and cann...

Moving customizations from SQL 2k to SQL 2k5 CRM
This may be a non-issue but I wanted to check to see if anyone has done this and ran into issues. I have the XML customization files from our previous install of CRM 3.0 with SQL 2k database. I now want to import and publish these same customizations to CRM 3.0 on SQL 2k5. Has anyone done this or can point me to documentation that tells about the success or issues for doing this? Thanks. On 7 Feb., 06:35, Chris Treanor <ChrisTrea...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > This may be a non-issue but I wanted to check to see if anyone has done this > and ran into issues. > &...

XML as general-purpose database?
Hi! I'm coming from building desktop applications using Borland Delphi (Win32) with embedded databases (compiled into the executable). While I find this a very powerfull combo, I'm looking into how I would want to make those kind of applications using C#. As I can't offer potential customers any direct support (it's just a sidekick), I don't want to have them dealing with real database-servers like MSDE. Now, let's say that the number of tables will be between 5 - 25, and the largest tables will hold no more than 10 000 records. The data should be held in a dataSet, so...

CRM 3.0 Install Error with SQL Reporting Services and SQL 2005
Hi, Doing a CRM 3.0 Server installation. During the last page of the install wizard (or what I assume is the last page) when I goes through and does verification I get a red X next to SQL Reporting Services. The message I receive when I look at the details is: ***** The specified path is not a metabase path. Parameter name: path ***** Now SRS is installed and working. I put in the URL: http://<servername>/reportserver and every other variation on that I can find. Thoughts? Alan try http://servername/reports also assuming you did not use ssl... =======================...

Could not find file "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\help\help_toc.xml".
Anyone had this error before ? And what is the solution.... I do not have this file. Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Could not find file "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\help\help_toc.xml". Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\help\help_toc.xml". Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??
I'm missing some piece of the puzzle. I'm using 'for xml' type queries from SQL2K - and now trying to change the front-end from ADO to C#, I can't quite figure it out.. It seems that I could use an XmlReader.. and somehow use that instead of a DataReader.. but that didn't work.. I tried using a DataReader and get the byte array - but that wasn't right. SQL returns formatted XML, I need to load that XML into an XmlDocument somehow without ANY molestation of that dom. Any ideas? Examples? Missing links???? thanks THANKS!! I've been looking for the answer to ...

sql summarizing help
Hi All, Given: table1 --------- id, cdate, weeksago, amount, typeid, timeclose 496, 2010-02-11, 0, 450, 3, 1 490, 2010-02-01, 1, 200, 4, 1 491, 2010-02-01, 1, 350, 2, 2 493, 2010-02-01, 1, 500, 5, 1 489, 2010-01-21, 3, 150, 2, 1 136, 2010-01-12, 4, 500, 3, 2 137, 2010-01-12, 4, 100, 3, 1 138, 2010-01-12, 4, 500, 2, 1 1. i'm trying to create a sql that will give me a summary resultset grouped by weeksago. 2. i want to sum the columns and get counts based on typeid. 3. avg of timeclose here's the sql i have: select weeksago, , (sum(timeClose)/(count(timeclo...

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node
Hi, I am new to using the MSXML functions in C++. I found this on MSDN as an example of what I wanted to do, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms765465.aspx. I have tried a number of XPATH examples to try and retrieve the "><Code>12455</Code>", but have been unable to do so. The MSDN example works fine. So, I am wondering if it's a namespace issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Jeff I have changed the code as follows: int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[]) { CString sResponse = "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf...

Outlook 2003
If I right click my hotmail folder's Junk Email folder and select empty, it clears down the list of emails shown within that folder, though on the next Send/Recv cycle, the list reappears. I don't think that Empty actually works. Is this bug going to be fixed ? Steve are you connecting to hotmail using HTTP or the outlook connector? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

sql.request #2
Does anyone have a comprehensible guide on how to use it that a dolt like me can follow? Every time I try I get a #N/A. The only guide I can find is at http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/UsingSqlRequest.zip but it's really hard to follow. From the MSDN Library: http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/office97/html/SEC41.asp Not sure how familiar you are with ODBC; but if you are getting #N/A as a result, it is usually because of problems either with the SQL syntax or the connection string. There are a few examples of connection strings in the re...

MSDE or SQL Personal or SQL Developer? or SQL Workstation?
Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? Thank you. It depends on what edition of GP you are going to run. If you are going to use Professional, you need to go with SQL Server developer, assuming you are installing on a non-server OS. "ano" wrote: > Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? > SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? > Thank you. Is the function of SQL Developer the same as Enterprise edition? How about personal edition? Can it be used for GP Pro? Can dev...

Error generating the xml document when trying to access the web service
Hi There, I get this error when I try to access the web method..I can see that the objects are constructed properly before they are passed....All I am doing is this... ------------------------------------ I have these two classes in the client class as well as the web service.... public class ResponseChartImage { public int InstanceId; public int VariableId; public byte[] ImageByte; public ResponseChartImage(){} } public class RequestChartImage { public int InstanceId; public int VariableId; public RequestChartImage(){} } ------------------------------------------------...

Excel RoundUp in Transact-SQL
Last week I posted the following computation in Excel... roundup(roundup(rate * 500),4) - roundup(rate * 200,4) + polfee,2) ((6.108934 * (500000/1000)) - (200 * 6.108934) + 1311.51) = 3144.20 In SQL using round(num,4) = 3144.19 I've moded this to... round(num+0.0005,4) = 3144.20 This works most of the time but occasionally I'm still off from what Excel returns. I'm under 2% in my 342 calcs, so it's do-able and we'll explain if any client notes this that we've reduced their pmt by .01 cents. BUT, I'd still like a way to replicate Excel'...

Access frontend with SQL Server backend: my solution for ODBC Call error
Hi This thread follows threads I started in forums microsoft.public.access.forms, and microsoft.sqlserver.programming: 1. 'Overriding constraint violation message' at 21.04.2010 12:00; 2. 'Overriding constraint restriction message, when deleting record(s) from form' at 29.04.2010 10:36. The problem (Occurs in Access 2000 mdb as stated by MS and in Access 2007 mdb as I myself discovered): When record operation is aborted from SQL Server, Access gets the full information about error, but this info gets unaccessible at moment when OnError event is triggered. The...

where is C++/CLI (.NET) forum?
where is the best place to ask C++/CLI (C++.NET) related questions? Thanks. WJ >where is the best place to ask C++/CLI (C++.NET) related questions? Thanks. >WJ Try microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc Dave "WJ" <WJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F64B29D8-F2E3-47D3-8B5E-3BF616563C24@microsoft.com... > where is the best place to ask C++/CLI (C++.NET) related questions? > Thanks. > WJ http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vcgeneral/threads/ -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Exchange server is running out drive space on C: drive
I inherited an Exchange 2003 server with 2 x 36Gb drives - partitioned 10Gb for C: drive and the rest for files ( these 2 drives are mirrored) 3 x 72Gb drives partitioned 135Gb with a 72Gb hot spare. (this is where my mail store is held.) What I need to know,is the safest way to change out the 36Gb drives for larger ones and not lose the partitioning structures excepting to increase the operating ystem drive C: to at least 30Gb. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. What is on the 10GB partition? "Net" <netwrkguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1147984760.153...