Simple insert line in nested xml

I have this xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <GRLog xmlns="http://www.digiexpress.com.br/grlog">
        <Dados>
            <Empresa>00.000.000/0000-00</Empresa>
        </Dados>
        <Viagens>
            <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
        </Viagens>
        <GridAcomp>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="0" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="1" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagOcor" Index="2" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagAtra" Index="3" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagSina" Index="4" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="FormPosi" Index="5" Visivel="True" Tamanho="50"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="VeicPlac" Index="6" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="CarrPlac" Index="7" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="TiVeDesc" Index="8" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="MotoNome" Index="9" Visivel="True" Tamanho="200"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ClieNome" Index="10" Visivel="True" Tamanho="200"
/>
        </GridAcomp>
</GRLog>

I need to insert a new line into the "Viagens" group...
How could I do that??? I've been struggling with it for hours now...

Tks...

0
cdonke1 (4)

Christiano wrote:
> I have this xml:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>     <GRLog xmlns="http://www.digiexpress.com.br/grlog">
>         <Dados>
>             <Empresa>00.000.000/0000-00</Empresa>
>         </Dados>
>         <Viagens>
>             <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
>         </Viagens>
>         <GridAcomp>
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="0" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="1" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagOcor" Index="2" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagAtra" Index="3" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagSina" Index="4" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="FormPosi" Index="5" Visivel="True" Tamanho="50"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="VeicPlac" Index="6" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="CarrPlac" Index="7" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="TiVeDesc" Index="8" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="MotoNome" Index="9" Visivel="True" Tamanho="200"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ClieNome" Index="10" Visivel="True" Tamanho="200"
> />
>         </GridAcomp>
> </GRLog>
>
> I need to insert a new line into the "Viagens" group...

A new "line"?
Do you want to insert a new "Viagem" element?

With .NET 3.5 you could use LINQ to XML e.g.

XDocument doc = XDocument.Load("input.xml");
XNamespace dp = doc.Root.Name.Namespace;
doc.Root.Element(df + "Viagens").Add(new XElement(df + "Viagem,
   new XAttribute("uID", 1),
   new XAttribute("QtViagens", 1),
   new XAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True"));
doc.Save("output.xml");

But I am guessing what you want to achieve, better show us exactly what
you want to insert.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

        <Viagens>
            <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
            <Viagem uID="1" QtViagens="30" FrmAberto="True" />
            <Viagem uID="2" QtViagens="6" FrmAberto="False" />
            <Viagem uID="3" QtViagens="87" FrmAberto="True" />
        </Viagens>

"Martin Honnen" <mahotrash@yahoo.de> escreveu na mensagem
> Christiano wrote:
>> I have this xml:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>>     <GRLog xmlns="http://www.digiexpress.com.br/grlog">
>>         <Dados>
>>             <Empresa>00.000.000/0000-00</Empresa>
>>         </Dados>
>>         <Viagens>
>>             <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
>>         </Viagens>
>>         <GridAcomp>
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="0" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="1" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagOcor" Index="2" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagAtra" Index="3" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagSina" Index="4" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="FormPosi" Index="5" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="50" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="VeicPlac" Index="6" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="70" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="CarrPlac" Index="7" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="70" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="TiVeDesc" Index="8" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="70" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="MotoNome" Index="9" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="200" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ClieNome" Index="10" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="200" />
>>         </GridAcomp>
>> </GRLog>
>>
>> I need to insert a new line into the "Viagens" group...
>
> A new "line"?
> Do you want to insert a new "Viagem" element?
>
> With .NET 3.5 you could use LINQ to XML e.g.
>
> XDocument doc = XDocument.Load("input.xml");
> XNamespace dp = doc.Root.Name.Namespace;
> doc.Root.Element(df + "Viagens").Add(new XElement(df + "Viagem,
>   new XAttribute("uID", 1),
>   new XAttribute("QtViagens", 1),
>   new XAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True"));
> doc.Save("output.xml");
>
> But I am guessing what you want to achieve, better show us exactly what
> you want to insert.
>

> --
>
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

0
cdonke1 (4)
10/28/2009 1:32:35 PM
Christiano wrote:
> I'm trying to insert a new element Viagem, nested in Viagens, so it will
> look like this
>
>         <Viagens>
>             <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
>             <Viagem uID="1" QtViagens="30" FrmAberto="True" />
>             <Viagem uID="2" QtViagens="6" FrmAberto="False" />
>             <Viagem uID="3" QtViagens="87" FrmAberto="True" />
>         </Viagens>

Then see the code I posted, it adds a new Viagem element:

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
0
mahotrash (1777)
10/28/2009 1:51:47 PM
Sorry.. I forgot to tell.. i'm using FW 2.0.. :S

tks in advance..

> Christiano wrote:
>> I'm trying to insert a new element Viagem, nested in Viagens, so it will
>> look like this
>>
>>         <Viagens>
>>             <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
>>             <Viagem uID="1" QtViagens="30" FrmAberto="True" />
>>             <Viagem uID="2" QtViagens="6" FrmAberto="False" />
>>             <Viagem uID="3" QtViagens="87" FrmAberto="True" />
>>         </Viagens>
>
> Then see the code I posted, it adds a new Viagem element:
>

>>> With .NET 3.5 you could use LINQ to XML e.g.
>>>
>>> XDocument doc = XDocument.Load("input.xml");
>>> XNamespace dp = doc.Root.Name.Namespace;
>>> doc.Root.Element(df + "Viagens").Add(new XElement(df + "Viagem,
>>>   new XAttribute("uID", 1),
>>>   new XAttribute("QtViagens", 1),
>>>   new XAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True"));
>>> doc.Save("output.xml");
>

> --
>
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

0
cdonke1 (4)
10/28/2009 2:00:08 PM
Christiano wrote:
> Sorry.. I forgot to tell.. i'm using FW 2.0.. :S

With .NET 2.0 you can use the DOM implementation in the .NET framework,
System.Xml.XmlDocument:

XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
doc.Load("input.xml");
string dp = doc.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI;
XmlNamespaceManager mgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable);

XmlElement viagem = doc.CreateElement("Viagem", dp);
viagem.SetAttribute("uID", "1");
viagem.SetAttribute("QtViagens", "1");
viagem.SetAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True");

doc.DocumentElement.SelectSingleNode("dp:Viagems", mgr).AppendChild(viagem);

doc.Save("output.xml");

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
0
mahotrash (1777)
10/28/2009 2:11:49 PM
Martin Honnen wrote:

> XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
> doc.Load("input.xml");
> string dp = doc.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI;
> XmlNamespaceManager mgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable);

Here I forgot
   mgr.AddNamespace("dp", dp);

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
0
mahotrash (1777)
10/28/2009 2:18:10 PM
Tks a lot Martin...

I've just came to a similar solution right now... lol

    XmlDocument doc = New XmlDocument();
    doc.Load(f);
    XmlNode vNode = doc["GRLog"]["Viagens"];
    XmlElement el1 = doc.CreateElement("Viagem", vNode.NamespaceURI);
    el1.SetAttribute("uID", 5);
    el1.SetAttribute("QtViagens", 0);
    el1.SetAttribute("FrmAberto", False);
    vNode.AppendChild(el1);

    doc.Save(f);

> Christiano wrote:
>> Sorry.. I forgot to tell.. i'm using FW 2.0.. :S
>
> With .NET 2.0 you can use the DOM implementation in the .NET framework,
> System.Xml.XmlDocument:
>
> XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
> doc.Load("input.xml");
> string dp = doc.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI;
> XmlNamespaceManager mgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable);
>
> XmlElement viagem = doc.CreateElement("Viagem", dp);
> viagem.SetAttribute("uID", "1");
> viagem.SetAttribute("QtViagens", "1");
> viagem.SetAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True");
>
> doc.DocumentElement.SelectSingleNode("dp:Viagems",
> mgr).AppendChild(viagem);
>
> doc.Save("output.xml");
>
> --
>
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

0
cdonke1 (4)

Recent Update that causes Stack Overflow from too many xml levels
I read recently that that one of the updates (feb 2005?) caused stack overflows if you had too many xml levels. Since I use .net/xml/xslt I was mildly interested, however, since I had not experienced the problem, I did not print/archive/etc. I now have the problem where code that has been running is giving stack overflows that was previously working with the same xml levels. The article said that MS had a patch. I can now not find the article, a reference to a patch, etc. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Phil ...

Simple problem from a simple man
Hi,I have a table which records several different scores for eachrecord / entry. Is there a way that the report based on the query , inturn based on the table, will show the scores below a certain level ina different coloured font?Cheers,TC...

Simple CComboBox question
I have a combobox with some info the user can choose. But how can i make sure the user is only able to chose my predefined information, and is not able to edit the chosen value in the combobox. My problem now is that the user can erase the selected value, i want to make sure he can't edit the edit field of the combobox. grtz Make the style "drop list" and the control is no longer editable. joe On 3 Sep 2004 08:20:05 -0700, voorspoels@hotmail.com (Tim) wrote: >I have a combobox with some info the user can choose. >But how can i make sure the user is only able to chos...

Simple Hyperlink Macro
Hi. I am using MS Excel 2003, and I am very new to the program. I don't know how to use visual basic or programming of any kind. I need help with a macro, and I'm hoping this is the best place to ask for help. I have a worksheet entitled "NT." In column "A" I have a very long list of vocabulary words (not alphabetized). For reasons I won't bother you with, I want to establish hyperlinks for each of these words (column A) in another worksheet entitled "LINKS" (also in column A). Thus, when I click on the hyperlink for a word in LINKS, I will...

How to insert a separater between the Menu and the Propertysheet
I make the dialog-based program that has property sheet. The program has a menu too. I want to insert a separater between the menu and the property sheet like Task Manager. Tell me how can I implement that. Thanks in advance. Brian. Try adding the DS_3DLOOK style to the Dialog. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Brian Lee" <hjlee@netcruz.co.kr> wrote in message news:uYCkGS7lDHA.1740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I make the dialog-based program that has property sheet. > The program has a menu too. > I want to insert a sep...

Inserting text closing or begining salutations in Office 2007
hi. I am starting to get to grips with Office 2007. I like the program and it's changes, but I am struggling to find some of the items I used to use in the previous version. For instance, how do I add closing and opening salutations such as "yours sincerily" or "dear sir" etc that we used to be able to do in the version before this. I have looked, but can't sem to find it anywhere. I appreciate any help or pointers with this. Many thanks. ...

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...

Simple Calculation
Hi! I would love some help with adding a simple calculation to a custom field. We would like to display Work Variance as a percentage. I have made a custom field (tried with a task and project entities) with the formula [work] / [baseline work] and the field comes up with "#ERROR". If I hit F9 to calculate, each row says "42134". Thank you so much for your help! This discussion board has been very helpful! Stacey Stacey -- You are using the wrong formula. Assuming you are using a Number field, the simplest version of this formula is: [Work Va...

For graphs how do i put a line of best fit?
I have an assignment that saYS I CAN PUT A LINE OF BEST FIT FOR MY GRAPH AUTOMATICALLY BUT I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO Plot a line graph. Right-click anywhere on the line > Choose "Add TrendLine" then make the options in the dialog .. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "watevva" wrote: > I have an assignment that saYS I CAN PUT A LINE OF BEST FIT FOR MY GRAPH > AUTOMATICALLY BUT I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:16:02 -0700 from watevva <watevva@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I have an assignment that saYS I CAN PUT...

Simple Macro is not so simple
Hi all, I am trying to record a macro which will automatically perform the insert > comment function to a selected cell. Should be easy right? Alas no Danny There's sample code on my web site, for inserting comments: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html Aardvark wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to record a macro which will automatically perform the insert > > comment function to a selected cell. Should be easy right? Alas no -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Wow! Nice one :-) Thank you M...

Problem adding a vertical line to a graph with months on x-axis
I'm trying to add a vertical line that would indicate the current month, i.e. May 2007, to a graph with a Line and a Stacked Area, and months (e.g. January 2004 through December 2007) instead of days on the x-axis. I've tried different variations of http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineVertSeries.html, without success. Any suggestions? What isn't working? Is your X axis a time-scale axis? You need to use the corresponding date as the X values of the XY series that controls the vertical line. In the time-scale axis, is your Base Unit days? Then you can use the date you wa...

Purchase Order
Prior to GP 7.5, there was an option to delete a line in the PO after it has been printed and when there hasn't been any transactions that had been executed. However, after GP 7.5 and 8.0, this option is no longer available. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mes...

(Error 1004) Object Defined Error ...simple code
I have the following simple simple code: Dim s as String s = WeekdayName(1) ' Causes Error 1004 Why would the above call to "WeekdayName(1)" suddenly cause an Object Defined Error?? My program has been working nicely for awhile, but now all of a sudden it halts at the above line??? What the heck is going on??? Robert Crandal Hi Robert, It works fine for me. However, checking out Help, the first day of week parameter is supposed to default to Sunday (or 1) as the first day of the week but it appears to default to zero. Tested in xl2002 and x...

Validating XML with XSD's
I have written a small app that uses the XmlValidationReader and a customer ValidationEventHandler function. When I validate the XML I get detail structured information like child is not defined or structure is invalid but now I am getting into facets. I am working with data lengths and I have found that I get the following message when a value is the incorrect length: "The 'elementname' element has an invalid value according to its data type. The real error is that the data value is longer than allowed. In XML Spy I receive the follwing error for this scenario: "Value Doe...

Error when making any insert or update to crm data
Hi all, When a client of ours attempts to create a new (activity, account or contact) an error is recieved. "An error has occured please contact your system administrator". This same error is also recieved when modifing existing (activity, account or contact) records. Only problem is that is inconsistent. They can go without having the issue at all one day (able to modify and create records) but the next they get it a few times, another day they can get it every second time. Weird, but hoping there are others out there that have run into this type of thing and are able to ...

HELP with an INSERT INTO statement
Hello everyone, I received the response below for a previous question. I understand the logic behind the reply, and I am sure it will work. I can't, however, figure out what I should be substituting for '2345' in the "SELECT '2345' AS" part of the solution below? I'm getting very close to running out of time and would greatly appreciate any assistance. Regards, Franc. Hi Franc, > > Use an append query. Probably you'll need to write VBA code to > assemble and execute the necessary SQL statement, which could look > something like this: > ...

Get the range of XML Mapping?
I am programmatically import XML data into an Excel file. Is there a way to know the range of the XML mapping in the excel? I want to format that range, such as adding the border lines. Or is there a way to format the range automatically? The problem is that the XML data may change and the range of the XML mapping varies accordingly. Thanks! ...

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

Mapping a CSV file to an Xml Schema
Hi all, I am getting a CSV file like this from our client: "C1","2","12344","Mr","John","Chan","05/07/1976"......... I need to validate **each filed value** against a set of rules ,for instance for "05/07/1976" ,I need to make sure that it's in the right format ,It's not later than today and lots of other rules ,Is there somebody who can help me how to that?Can I map it to some sort of xml schema or something? Thanks for your help. Ali-R "Ali-R" <AliR@microsft.com> wrote in messa...

simple drag & drop not working
Hi, If I start dragging, I always get the "DropEffect - None" icon, means that drop is not possible. In my CFormView::OnCreate I already did a dropTarget.Register(this). void Simulation::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { this->clickedObject=GetDocument()->IsObjClicked(point); if(this->clickedObject!=NULL) { COleDataSource* ds=new COleDataSource(); CSharedFile file; CArchive ar(&file, CArchive::store); this->clickedObject->Serialize(ar); ar.Close(); ds->CacheGlobalData((CLIPFORMAT)RegisterClipboardFormat("Test"), file.Detach());...

Hopefully Simple VBA questions
Using VBA, I want to go row-by-row and get the values from certain cell in each row so I can run some tests on them, then put the result of th tests back in certain cells. This is how I am set up so far, can you help me with my questions i CAPS below?: Sub Example() Dim i As Long, c1 As Long, c2 As Long c1 = 0 c2 = 0 For i = 1 To 120 (HOW DO I MAKE THIS DYNAMIC TO INCLUDE NEW ROW AS THEY ARE ADDED?) If Cells(i, 2).Value Then 'start flag is true (HOW DO I MAK VBA GO TO A DIFFERENT WORKSHEET WITH THE Cells(I,2).Value STATEMENT? If Cells(i, 1).Value = "E" Then c1 = c1 + 1 E...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

print Grid Lines
when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected inside with a solid black line. i have also checked the "page setup" and the "sheet tab" and chedked "grid lines" but i still cannot print grid lines. will some one please help me. >-----Original Message----- >when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have >tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected >inside with a solid black line. i have also checked >the "page setup" and th...

How do I get the data/xml/export option
My export option is disabled under data/xml tab. What is the exact feature I need to install to get this export xml option. I didn't install all the option during excel installation. Which specific install tab are required during excel installation? thanks Nick One way would be to do a web query, first preformat the cells as text, then do the query (data>import external data>new web query), put in the web site address, select the part you want to import, under properties select preserve cell formatting and do the import -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails pleas...

Blue and pink guide line query
In Publisher 2002/XP I know that the pink dotted lines on a page are the margins but please can somebody explain what the blue dotted lines just inside are? Thanks SueG wrote: > In Publisher 2002/XP I know that the pink dotted lines on a page are the > margins but please can somebody explain what the blue dotted lines just > inside are? Thanks The purple lines are margin guides - they bear no relation to your printer's margins, unless you tell them to. The blue lines inside are a second set of guides. If you set your margin guides to your printer's printable margins, ...