Simple insert line in nested xml

I have this xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <GRLog xmlns="http://www.digiexpress.com.br/grlog">
        <Dados>
            <Empresa>00.000.000/0000-00</Empresa>
        </Dados>
        <Viagens>
            <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
        </Viagens>
        <GridAcomp>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="0" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="1" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagOcor" Index="2" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagAtra" Index="3" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagSina" Index="4" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="FormPosi" Index="5" Visivel="True" Tamanho="50"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="VeicPlac" Index="6" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="CarrPlac" Index="7" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="TiVeDesc" Index="8" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="MotoNome" Index="9" Visivel="True" Tamanho="200"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ClieNome" Index="10" Visivel="True" Tamanho="200"
/>
        </GridAcomp>
</GRLog>

I need to insert a new line into the "Viagens" group...
How could I do that??? I've been struggling with it for hours now...

Tks...

0
cdonke1 (4)

Christiano wrote:
> I have this xml:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>     <GRLog xmlns="http://www.digiexpress.com.br/grlog">
>         <Dados>
>             <Empresa>00.000.000/0000-00</Empresa>
>         </Dados>
>         <Viagens>
>             <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
>         </Viagens>
>         <GridAcomp>
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="0" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="1" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagOcor" Index="2" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagAtra" Index="3" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagSina" Index="4" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="FormPosi" Index="5" Visivel="True" Tamanho="50"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="VeicPlac" Index="6" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="CarrPlac" Index="7" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="TiVeDesc" Index="8" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="MotoNome" Index="9" Visivel="True" Tamanho="200"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ClieNome" Index="10" Visivel="True" Tamanho="200"
> />
>         </GridAcomp>
> </GRLog>
>
> I need to insert a new line into the "Viagens" group...

A new "line"?
Do you want to insert a new "Viagem" element?

With .NET 3.5 you could use LINQ to XML e.g.

XDocument doc = XDocument.Load("input.xml");
XNamespace dp = doc.Root.Name.Namespace;
doc.Root.Element(df + "Viagens").Add(new XElement(df + "Viagem,
   new XAttribute("uID", 1),
   new XAttribute("QtViagens", 1),
   new XAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True"));
doc.Save("output.xml");

But I am guessing what you want to achieve, better show us exactly what
you want to insert.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

        <Viagens>
            <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
            <Viagem uID="1" QtViagens="30" FrmAberto="True" />
            <Viagem uID="2" QtViagens="6" FrmAberto="False" />
            <Viagem uID="3" QtViagens="87" FrmAberto="True" />
        </Viagens>

"Martin Honnen" <mahotrash@yahoo.de> escreveu na mensagem
> Christiano wrote:
>> I have this xml:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>>     <GRLog xmlns="http://www.digiexpress.com.br/grlog">
>>         <Dados>
>>             <Empresa>00.000.000/0000-00</Empresa>
>>         </Dados>
>>         <Viagens>
>>             <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
>>         </Viagens>
>>         <GridAcomp>
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="0" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="1" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagOcor" Index="2" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagAtra" Index="3" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagSina" Index="4" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="FormPosi" Index="5" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="50" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="VeicPlac" Index="6" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="70" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="CarrPlac" Index="7" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="70" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="TiVeDesc" Index="8" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="70" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="MotoNome" Index="9" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="200" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ClieNome" Index="10" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="200" />
>>         </GridAcomp>
>> </GRLog>
>>
>> I need to insert a new line into the "Viagens" group...
>
> A new "line"?
> Do you want to insert a new "Viagem" element?
>
> With .NET 3.5 you could use LINQ to XML e.g.
>
> XDocument doc = XDocument.Load("input.xml");
> XNamespace dp = doc.Root.Name.Namespace;
> doc.Root.Element(df + "Viagens").Add(new XElement(df + "Viagem,
>   new XAttribute("uID", 1),
>   new XAttribute("QtViagens", 1),
>   new XAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True"));
> doc.Save("output.xml");
>
> But I am guessing what you want to achieve, better show us exactly what
> you want to insert.
>

> --
>
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

0
cdonke1 (4)
10/28/2009 1:32:35 PM
Christiano wrote:
> I'm trying to insert a new element Viagem, nested in Viagens, so it will
> look like this
>
>         <Viagens>
>             <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
>             <Viagem uID="1" QtViagens="30" FrmAberto="True" />
>             <Viagem uID="2" QtViagens="6" FrmAberto="False" />
>             <Viagem uID="3" QtViagens="87" FrmAberto="True" />
>         </Viagens>

Then see the code I posted, it adds a new Viagem element:

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
0
mahotrash (1778)
10/28/2009 1:51:47 PM
Sorry.. I forgot to tell.. i'm using FW 2.0.. :S

tks in advance..

> Christiano wrote:
>> I'm trying to insert a new element Viagem, nested in Viagens, so it will
>> look like this
>>
>>         <Viagens>
>>             <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
>>             <Viagem uID="1" QtViagens="30" FrmAberto="True" />
>>             <Viagem uID="2" QtViagens="6" FrmAberto="False" />
>>             <Viagem uID="3" QtViagens="87" FrmAberto="True" />
>>         </Viagens>
>
> Then see the code I posted, it adds a new Viagem element:
>

>>> With .NET 3.5 you could use LINQ to XML e.g.
>>>
>>> XDocument doc = XDocument.Load("input.xml");
>>> XNamespace dp = doc.Root.Name.Namespace;
>>> doc.Root.Element(df + "Viagens").Add(new XElement(df + "Viagem,
>>>   new XAttribute("uID", 1),
>>>   new XAttribute("QtViagens", 1),
>>>   new XAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True"));
>>> doc.Save("output.xml");
>

> --
>
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

0
cdonke1 (4)
10/28/2009 2:00:08 PM
Christiano wrote:
> Sorry.. I forgot to tell.. i'm using FW 2.0.. :S

With .NET 2.0 you can use the DOM implementation in the .NET framework,
System.Xml.XmlDocument:

XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
doc.Load("input.xml");
string dp = doc.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI;
XmlNamespaceManager mgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable);

XmlElement viagem = doc.CreateElement("Viagem", dp);
viagem.SetAttribute("uID", "1");
viagem.SetAttribute("QtViagens", "1");
viagem.SetAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True");

doc.DocumentElement.SelectSingleNode("dp:Viagems", mgr).AppendChild(viagem);

doc.Save("output.xml");

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
0
mahotrash (1778)
10/28/2009 2:11:49 PM
Martin Honnen wrote:

> XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
> doc.Load("input.xml");
> string dp = doc.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI;
> XmlNamespaceManager mgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable);

Here I forgot
   mgr.AddNamespace("dp", dp);

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
0
mahotrash (1778)
10/28/2009 2:18:10 PM
Tks a lot Martin...

I've just came to a similar solution right now... lol

    XmlDocument doc = New XmlDocument();
    doc.Load(f);
    XmlNode vNode = doc["GRLog"]["Viagens"];
    XmlElement el1 = doc.CreateElement("Viagem", vNode.NamespaceURI);
    el1.SetAttribute("uID", 5);
    el1.SetAttribute("QtViagens", 0);
    el1.SetAttribute("FrmAberto", False);
    vNode.AppendChild(el1);

    doc.Save(f);

> Christiano wrote:
>> Sorry.. I forgot to tell.. i'm using FW 2.0.. :S
>
> With .NET 2.0 you can use the DOM implementation in the .NET framework,
> System.Xml.XmlDocument:
>
> XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
> doc.Load("input.xml");
> string dp = doc.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI;
> XmlNamespaceManager mgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable);
>
> XmlElement viagem = doc.CreateElement("Viagem", dp);
> viagem.SetAttribute("uID", "1");
> viagem.SetAttribute("QtViagens", "1");
> viagem.SetAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True");
>
> doc.DocumentElement.SelectSingleNode("dp:Viagems",
> mgr).AppendChild(viagem);
>
> doc.Save("output.xml");
>
> --
>
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

0
cdonke1 (4)

DataSet to XML
I have data coming from SQL Server and need to write out some XML. I have a schema(xsd) for this XML file. Right now I am bringing in the DataSet and writing out the elements and attributes myself using xmltextwriter to match schema without really using the xsd at the time of writing. The file I create validates but I was wondering is there a better way? I see things like inferschema method off of dataset, can this be used? How do you map columns in a dataset with elements and attributes in the schema? I know dataset.WriteXmL will write XML but that match my schema. Appreciate any help! Tha...

Crystal Report Images on the same horizontal line
Hi! I'm trying to get images from a DB and I need to place them on a small card in the same row (attached is a MS Word doc example). I don't know how to manipulate the BLOB fields to place it in the same row. It is a small A5 card. I need to get the persons text info placed in rows. This is easy. But I need to place their pictures on the same horizontal line. This is where I don't fall of the bus. Eg. 1. Name 2. Name 3. Name 1. Photo 2.Photo 3.Photo Thanx! Frik Thanx! Frik Olivier This is the wrong user group for this question. Try the SQL Server user gr...

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

Excel to XML conversion in Excel 2003
Does Excel 2003 have the ability to convert Excel spreadsheet into XML with custom DDT? I know that Excel 2003 can convert Excel data into XML, but I do not know if I can import my own DDT into Excel. thanks Hi Hao, > Does Excel 2003 have the ability to convert Excel > spreadsheet into XML with custom DDT? I know that Excel > 2003 can convert Excel data into XML, but I do not know if > I can import my own DDT into Excel. thanks Yes. You can attach a custom XML schema to a workbook and map each element in the schema to a separate cell or list in the workbook. Once y...

Macro to change position of chart labels on line chart
Hello all, I have quite a trickly problem to solve and I would appreciate any suggestions. I have a dashboard page in a worksheet which shows financial KPIs (i.e. sales) as forecast this year versus last year. There are a number of line charts on the dashboard showing the differing forecasts; the user of the dashboard can choose a business unit to view. What I would like to be able to do is to have the chart labels for these charts automatically change their aligmnent so that they display properly. I have set the chart labels to display "Above" for the new forecast and "Bel...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

print Grid Lines
when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected inside with a solid black line. i have also checked the "page setup" and the "sheet tab" and chedked "grid lines" but i still cannot print grid lines. will some one please help me. >-----Original Message----- >when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have >tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected >inside with a solid black line. i have also checked >the "page setup" and th...

xml/rid question
I am using Visual Studio 2003/C# I created a new xml schema/xsd file (Project Create new item->Dataset) I then added Elements to the schema using the designer From the toolbox I then created an instance of my dataset. I then dropped a grid (Infragistics UltraWebGrid) onto my form, and bound the grid to my dataset. At runtime, I configure the columns of the grid, get some records from the Employee database (SQL Server2k), and add some rows to the grid. The user then enters some data into various cells of the grid. I am now ready to update the database with the contents of the grid. What ...

How do you insert the path name into a footer Word 2007?
You could insert pathname and filename using the options in the header/footer toolbar in Word 2003. I have found the filename in Quick Parts. Anyone help with how to insert the pathname as well? Thanks See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300002951033.aspx -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "EMS" <EMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2003DCC7-4286-4228-91DF-735AC90EE621@microsoft.com... > You could insert pathname and filename using the options in the &...

inserting quotation marks
I want to insert quotes in front of text in 1280 cells that already have values in them. Is there an easy way to do this with a macro. Select those cells Dim cell For Each cell In Selection cell.Value = """" & cell.Value Next cell -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "dave glynn" <daveglynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98222BFE-C867-4C00-B356-3CA6625650D5@microsoft.com... > I want to insert quotes in front of text in 1280 cells that already have > values in them. Is there...

Changing Data Series in a Chart from Bar to Line
Happy New Year everyone! I have a question regarding charts in MS Access. I am able to create a chart that uses both bars and lines to return data, however, I can not figure out how to specify which data series are returned as bars and which are returned as lines. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Chad ...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Simple Query Wizard hangs
I am using Access 2003 When I initiate the "Simple Query Wizard", I am presented with the first screen - "What fields do you want in your query" When I click on the pulldown list to select a table, I get the following message: "The expression On Get Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: the text you entered isn't an item in the list * the expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro&q...

address in one line
Hi all, I am trying to get query to return record like follow: name 123 mian st. houston, tx 77082 USA but the result i get is as followed: name 123 main st. houston tx 77082 USA what do i need to chage in the query? the query as followed: SELECT vendor.VENDOR_NAME & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & vendor.Address & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & vendor.City & " , " & vendor.State & " ' " & vendor.Zip & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & vendor.Country from vendor I would say it is not possible you are getting t...

deleting every other line of sheet
I would like to delete every other line of an imported data. I have tried writing a macro that deletes every other line but it is very cumbersome. Could someone suggest a smarter way to do it? Many thanks Yours Andrew J Andrew, See if this method works any better. 1. In the column adjacent to your imported data enter and fill down the following formula: =Mod(Row(),2) This will fill down 0,1,0,1,... 2. Autofilter your imported data, including the new column of 0 and 1 3. In the Autofilter for the new column, select either 1 or 0 (depending on the data you want to keep) 4. Copy the ...

I Need a Simple Sales Software
Hello, I am looking for software to keep track of my prospects, customers, and the notes of the sales process. I spend about one hour a day on sales and marketing, so I prefer a simple and inexpensive software. Maximizer, Outlook, Act, and Goldmine seem made for the full-time professional salesperson. Please let me know if what I am looking for exists. Best Regards, T.I. ...

I need help insert a decimal other then directly to the right of t
I am importing a text file in to Excel. The data for the amount filed does not include the decimal place. So I need to insert the decimal into the number. For example the data is 1234 I want to insert the decimal right in the middle as 12.34 I would greatly appreciate anyones help on this. If you always want the last two digits to be after the decimal, then enter 100 in an empty cell, then copy it, select the cells you want to change and select Paste Special. Click divide and all of your selected cells will be divided by 100. Note that blank cells will now be 0. "Law"...

Make it more simple or intuitive to do simple things
I appreciate the fact that applications are becoming more versatile and able to do things that we hardly thought possible in the past but I feel that in this added complexity you are losing sight of the need to do simple things easily without resorting to trial and error or consulting "help" which often anyhow doesn't lead one straight to the solution! An example is how to produce a chart with a series of months i.e Jan Feb Mar etc appearing on the X axis. This is no doubt something that resulted naturally in the first versions of Excel charts or in a competitor's ea...

Sub-category line charts
I right click on a payee that I've paid each month for the past year. I pick the Go to Sub-Category item. I gives me a chart for all the payments I've made. But the line graph only shows the last 6 months. How do I change the line graph to show the entire year. TIA Have a nice week... Trent Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity! The line graph on a category or subcategory will only show 6 months. You'll need to have a custom report to do it for longer -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for...

Simple public folder permission problem
I have a public task list folder. However even though I have given everyone "Author" priviledges and full control of the directory, users cannot update the tasks (although they can create new ones). The changes to tasks get reset to their original values. Where should I look to fix this problem? Brian How did you grant Author Access, via Outlook or ESM? What do you meanyou gave them full control of the directory? "Brian Taylor" <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:e2hwumGrEHA.1160@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a public task list folder. Ho...

Grid Lines
Would somone help me hack into my registry and change the default from grid lines to no grid lines (ever). I run Excel 2002 10.2614.2625 I would value assistance please. David This posting from Dave Peterson offers a bunch of suggestions, including modifying the registry. Can't vouch for 2002, but his suggestion worked for 97. http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=3EE511E0.90416324%40msn.com HTH Paul -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be advised to back up y...

how to creat a lined page?
HOW CAN I CREAT A LINED PAGE? IM TRYING TO MAKE MY OWN NOTEBOOKS. IM NOT EVEN SURE IF POWER POINT WOULD BE THE RIGHT SOFTWARE TO USE. "DANNY T" <DANNY T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F3CFF0B-3D29-4C43-80CE-FED4474A89DD@microsoft.com... > HOW CAN I CREAT A LINED PAGE? IM TRYING TO MAKE MY OWN NOTEBOOKS. IM NOT > EVEN > SURE IF POWER POINT WOULD BE THE RIGHT SOFTWARE TO USE. No it wouldn't. And please turn off the caps lock. What is it you're trying to do? I mean, why create a lined page? Also, typing in all caps impli...

XML Serialisation problem
Hi, We are serializing objects to an xmlfile that is validated against a schema. For this schema the elements are serialized in the wrong sequence. Does anyone know how I can let the serializer sequence the object members in the order required by the schema? thx Patrick De block These threads might help: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=ucB6uaVcCHA.2532%40tkmsftngp09 http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=%234BfF5VzCHA.2232%40TK2MSFTNGP09 (Complete thread) "Patrick De Block" <patrick.de.block@pandora.be> wrote in messag...

Inserting worksheet
I would like to insert a worksheet template into a workbook by simpl inserting a specified number into a cell. For example 1 = DA.xlt 2 = CPC.xlt It would put these files into my workbook by inserting 1 or 2 Any help is appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Here's some code that should do it for you - you may need to adjust the DIR line. good luck! jeff Sub CopySheets(booknum As Integer) 'MsgBox "made it" 'Exit Sub Dim basebook As Workbook Dim mybook As Workbook Dim sourceRange As Range Dim destrange As Range Dim FNa...