SignedXML throws error

When I try to used the CheckSignature Method of SignedXML I get the following
error.

"Unknown transform has been encountered.    at
System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.Reference.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n   at
System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedInfo.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n
at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.Signature.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n
at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n
at SAML.Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
d:\\omtest\\saml\\form1.cs:line 295"	string

Any ideas what might be going wrong, I have checked the code a couple of
time & am pretty sure the LoadXML & assigning of the key is fine, somewhere I
read that it has to do wiht the machine config file, I need some more
information regarding what needs to change out there.

Thanks,
--
Nikhil Sarathi
0

"Nikhil" <Nikhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B17BFEBA-46CB-4853-8916-B6EBD8A77389@microsoft.com...
> When I try to used the CheckSignature Method of SignedXML I get the following
> error.
>
> "Unknown transform has been encountered.    at
> System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.Reference.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n   at
> System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedInfo.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n
: :
> I need some more information regarding what needs to change out there.

Undoubtedly, you have one or more <ds:Reference> elements containing a
<ds:Transform> with an invalid Algorithm.  For example, there are places in
your <ds:SignatureInfo> like,

    <ds:Reference>
        <ds:Transforms>
            <ds:Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#hmac-sha1">
                <!-- . . . -->

Where the URI (and this could be as simple as SHA1, or SHA{keyLength} so
sometimes you may see SHA512, etc.) specified for Algorithm is not being
recognized.

See the following URL for a list of the well-known XML Digital Signature
algorithm URIs that can appear as the value of the Algorithm attribute,

    http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/#sec-AlgID

You can fix this by using one of the well-known algorithm URIs, double-check
that there are no typos or trailing backslashes on that Algorithm ID value.

> I read that it has to do wiht the machine config file,

You can add or override the classes that provide the hash functions specifying
class names in the <cryptographicSettings> section of machine.config,

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/gngrfcryptographysettingsschema.asp

but you must deploy the implementation on all machines that need to handle
(verify or produce) these signatures using your custom Algorithm.

It's more likely the answer to your problem is the former (typo, malformed
algorithm identifier), rather than something that would require you to modify
the machine.config.

Derek Harmon

0
loresayer (275)
2/1/2005 2:48:24 AM
Hey Derek,
                   Thanks for your response the problem seems to be with the
Transform, in the xml file I have they use exclusive canonicalization and I
dont think .NET 1.1 supports it, do you know of any way to handle this
problem.

"Derek Harmon" wrote:

> "Nikhil" <Nikhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B17BFEBA-46CB-4853-8916-B6EBD8A77389@microsoft.com...
> > When I try to used the CheckSignature Method of SignedXML I get the following
> > error.
> >
> > "Unknown transform has been encountered.    at
> > System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.Reference.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n   at
> > System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedInfo.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n
> : :
> > I need some more information regarding what needs to change out there.
>
> Undoubtedly, you have one or more <ds:Reference> elements containing a
> <ds:Transform> with an invalid Algorithm.  For example, there are places in
> your <ds:SignatureInfo> like,
>
>     <ds:Reference>
>         <ds:Transforms>
>             <ds:Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#hmac-sha1">
>                 <!-- . . . -->
>
> Where the URI (and this could be as simple as SHA1, or SHA{keyLength} so
> sometimes you may see SHA512, etc.) specified for Algorithm is not being
> recognized.
>
> See the following URL for a list of the well-known XML Digital Signature
> algorithm URIs that can appear as the value of the Algorithm attribute,
>
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/#sec-AlgID
>
> You can fix this by using one of the well-known algorithm URIs, double-check
> that there are no typos or trailing backslashes on that Algorithm ID value.
>
> > I read that it has to do wiht the machine config file,
>
> You can add or override the classes that provide the hash functions specifying
> class names in the <cryptographicSettings> section of machine.config,
>
>     http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/gngrfcryptographysettingsschema.asp
>
> but you must deploy the implementation on all machines that need to handle
> (verify or produce) these signatures using your custom Algorithm.
>
> It's more likely the answer to your problem is the former (typo, malformed
> algorithm identifier), rather than something that would require you to modify
> the machine.config.
>

> Derek Harmon

0
Nikhil (17)

Application Not Found Error when openning Outlook 2003 Attachments
Good Afternoon, We have some users who receive files from our financial systems daily that are PDF files, but the file extension is not PDF. The system has always worked like this, and the users would select Adobe Reader from the list when openning the file, however, ever since updating to Adobe Reader 9.3 from 7, Outlook simply gives an "Application Not Found" error mesage. I have tried cleaning the Temporary Outlook Files and that will work for a few files, but none of the other ones worked. Also, the file is a different name each time so having the user clear that ...

Error code 64c installing VS2005 updates
I'm trying to install 4 updates (KB937061, KB971023, KB971090, ???) recommended for VS 2005 SP1. I get Error 64c. No articles I can find are any help, the toubleshooter is of no help... any ideas? Thanks! Hello Meshman, See if anything here helps. <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=64c&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&cat=en_US_56d1dd45-de9e-4fc5-9bc1-2d1d0de6daee&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=1&sloc=en-us> OR Open a fяee support incident. Start a free Windo...

Runtime Library error
When I try to open Microsoft Outlook I get the following error, what does it mean and how can I fix it? Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! c:program~\Micros~3\Office10\Outlook.exe Thanks for any recomendations. ...

TransferSpreadsheet Errors
In my code, I'm using TransferSpreadsheet and all is working fine. However, should the spreadsheet contain an error, a table is created within my Acc2007 database containing any errors that ocurred. Although this is nice to have, I'm worried that I'll end up with countless error tables after awhile. Is there a switch I can use or a parameter I can set to prevent this table from being created? (The data is useless.) I guess I can also look for an error-table after the TransferSpreadsheet executes and delete it (although the error-table name changes based upon the...

Advanced Find Error 09-19-06
Hi All, We are getting SQL Server timeout expired error, when we go to advanced find and click on Find button. It was working well, but suddenly we are getting this error. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ashwani I'm having the same problem, but it only seems to be happening when I use the Advanced Find feature with Marketing Lists (when managing members). "Ashwani" wrote: > Hi All, > > We are getting SQL Server timeout expired error, when we > go to advanced find and click on Find button. > > It was working well, but suddenly we are getting this erro...

RFaxGate Error on Exchange 2k3
The description for Event ID ( 7107 ) in Source ( RFaxGate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Unable to query the rows in the mail list. Error (0x8004010f). I'm getting following message in application log of Exchanges server. We've got Exchange 2k3 with sp2 and latest patches on W2k3 cluster(active-passive-recommende...

Report Writer Error
Hi, I just waisted a bunch of time modifying a Picking Ticket in Report Writer and am now getting an error that says "MAX SYMBOL LENGTH EXCEEDED: Increase MAX_TOK_LEN". I have no idea where to look to fix this problem. Does anyone have any ideas? Jeanie, I was able to find a techknowledge entry pertaining to your issue in Customersource and in less than 2 minutes. My search was on "MAX SYMBOL LENGTH EXCEEDED" and I searched all modules, not just Report Writer. By the way, the knowledgebase defines this as a Dexterity problem and not a Report Writer issue. Did ...

#VALUE! Error
in cell E8 I have this formula: =IF(ISBLANK(D8),"",D8*$B$2) I get the #VALUE! error. Can someone tell me why and how I can correct it. I am just trying to say that if D8 is empty don't show anything, if populated multiply D8 by B2. Thank you for your help -- Diana Oh, I forgot to say that D8 does have a formula in it. So that must be why I get the error--the cell is not blank. Is there anything I can do so it does not show on spreadsheet. -- There is probably some text character, like a space in the cell D8 =IF(OR(ISTEXT(D8),ISBLANK(D8)),"",D8*$B$2) V...

XmlDsigC14NTransform signedXml.ComputeSignature()
1. signedXml.ComputeSignature() outputs a digest value of something. what is it? I mean, how can i get it? I get the canonical form of my xml with XmlDsigC14NTransform then digest it but the digest value is different. 2.signedXml.ComputeSignature() uses XmlDsigC14NTransform. But how? What are the parameters? I also need to obtain canonicalized XML in C14N format, but I haven't discovered how to do it. When I compare the DigestValue gen'd by ComputeSignature and my own DigestValue gen'd using ComputeHash, I get different values, but only when namespaces are involved. "Lemba...

UML Errors, bold red items, how to turn error checking off?
Using uml diagram, big diagram, presentation tomorrow, things just went bold, I want to turn error checking off, no time to sort thru UML details, how can I turn off error checking?? Thanks! 1. Select UML/Options 2. Select the UML Add-on 3. Uncheck checkhox - Check semantic errors on UML model element 4. Click OK -- PegRatcliff ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.mcse.ms ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message842516.html ...

SignerSign fails with internal error
I am trying to sign the most recent version of my driver. This process used to work without any problems but now I am seeing this error message: Error: SignerSign() failed." (-2146762495/0x800b0101) Does anyone have additional information about the codes embedded in this message? thanks, RW 0x800b0101 = CERT_E_EXPIRED -- pa "RamenWarrior" <RamenWarrior@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:D0CDFDA7-A008-4077-9FC5-A6ECB4F3544C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sign the most recent version of my driver. This process > used > to work wit...

Email errors
Are you only answering the issues that are quick fixes/easy? I have been waiting hours for a response. Please advise. There are other people with the same problem. This is a peer-to-peer forum, meaning that people answer questions when they have the time or inclination. If you need time sensitive answers, contact Microsoft Product Support Services. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching goo...

Invalid Characters Error calling XmlDocument.Load() when an XML Attribute value contains Chinese Characters
I am unable to load an xml document that contains Chinese characters in an attribute value. I need to load the document into and XmlDocument object and am using the XmlDocument.Load(string filename) method. I get an error that says the document contains invalid characters. The document loads fine with Chinese characters in a node value, but not in an attribute value. I have tried setting the encoding to UTF-8 and UTF-16, but neither solve the problem. Can Chinese (or other Unicode characters) be used in an attribute value in an XML Document? Chief wrote: > I am unable to load an xml do...

Error=RegisterWindowsMessage:undeclared identifier...
how can i do problem? as you know that below same error infomation. error C2065: 'RegisterWindowsMessage' : undeclared identifier E-mail : hongsj79@korea.com Name : Sungjin Genie. wrote: > how can i do problem? > as you know that below same error infomation. > > error C2065: 'RegisterWindowsMessage' : undeclared identifier > > E-mail : hongsj79@korea.com > Name : Sungjin Spelling error. Correct name is RegisterWindowMessage -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Bookmark Macro throwing errors
HNY all, This macro used to Work in 2003 but now does not work in either 03 or 07 (if you have 2010 please feel free to test it in there too). I have marked rows so far throwing errors with '*****. I am sure more rows will throw errors. Option Explicit Const varName As String = "BookmarkCounter" Const varDuplicateName As String _ = "DuplicateBookmarkCounter" Sub CreateBookmark() ' TEST ' 'Variable declaration Dim rng As Word.Range Dim BookmarkName As String Dim var As Word.Variable Dim varName As String '**** Added this lin...

Error message related to embedded YouTube videos
I am getting this error message when I open ppt 2007 : "Some controls on this presentation can't be activated. They might not be registered on this computer." The youtube videos I embedded into my ppts no longer work and when I click the Developer tab >> More Controls, there is no longer a Shockware Flash Object option as there was before. I've reloaded Shockwave Flash Player and still have the problem. I've had nothing but problems like this since I upgraded to Windows 7. Which version of flash player did you reload and which browser (version) do y...

Error 2711
After loosing my Outlook program, then re-installing it, the setup is halted with the "Error 2711" notice followed by a reference for contacting Microsoft, which brings me here. What is Error 2711? Can anyone get me through this? JP ...

MSO2K & IE6
Your previous information helped to customize outlook 2K with IE6 recently installed. Now I noticed another problem when clicking href mailto: to reply to email produces error this is not an issue when using IE5.00 SP3. Please advice. Thanks! ...

List of File Corruption Causes & Error Messages Dictionary
Due to the complex nature of Project, I think it would be helpful to compile some sort of list of potential cuases of file corruption. Some that I have run across are circular dependencies, loss of network connectivity when working on a shared drive and global template corruption. A list of error messages and their explanations. I have worked with versions 98 through 2007 and am seeing error messages in 2007 that I have never seen before. It would be helpful to have some sort of reference to refer to. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft...

CFile does not throw exception.
Experts, I am using CFile class to do file reading and writing operation. I use the following codes to catch a CFileException when open up a file: CFile fScr; CFileException fEx; if(!fSrc.Open(_T("c:\\1.txt"),CFile::modeRead,&m_fEx)) { fEx.ReportError(); // Then write code to abort operation } This code will catch the file access violation exception, meaning that when the target file is already opened, then CFile::Open(,,,) will return FALSE and the code will report error. But, when there is no "c:\1.txt" file exists, the apllication will have a run time err...

.vcf included in emails in error
I have Office 2003 and I have NONE for including .vcf in my signature, but people who have Office 2007 are receiving a .vcf from me!! I never built a .vcf, but the picture looks like it came from my Facebook page. I can't find a .vcf file on my computer in order to delete it. Help! I don't want this thing on my office emails! Go to Tools> Options> Mail Format> Signatures Select the signature that is showing up as the attachment and click 'Edit'. Select <None> from the dropdown box 'Attach this business card (vCard) to this signature:' under Vc...

Error in filed on subform
I designed a form with record source a table containing among them the numeric (long integer) field ContactID. I added the field to the form using the field List (drag and drop). The field gives me the value #Name? when shown in the form. All other fields in the form are displayed correct. I checked and double checked if the name of the field is not misspelled but as I used drag and drop from the field list, what can go wrong here? When I invoke the Query Builder and look at ContactID, it is shown normally and has normal values. The form is used as a sub form but does not have Linked Chi...

Error 474
Hi all, We are geting NDR with below text, The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. I suspect the issue is related to Error- 474 , we are getting this error while on the offline defragmentation. Microsoft recommends to set up a second exchange server and move the datas. Anyone think will get resolved if a create another Storage Group on the same disk , If yes can you please the right way to create second Storage .(EX2K-SP3 on W2K-SP4) Thank you so much...

Server Install stalls on Script Error
To all: Trying to install CRM 1.2 Server from Action Pack Sub. on 2003 Server. Followed prerequisite deployment steps. Install stalls on following script error: Failed to run script:Replication\p_DeleteSchedule.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. [12:09:14] SQL Configurator Error Failed to run script:Replication\p_DeleteSchedule.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. script itself seems generic enough so it shouldn't stall installation. Databases were present in SQL Management Studio but can't connect to "present database" when I retry install. Any thoughts are appreciated... ...

Sql error: Error # 2147217871 Time out expired.
I'm going to continue searching the web on this, but figured I'd ask if anybody has come across this error in RMS? "it Says Error # 2147217871 Time out expired. (Source: Microsoft OLE provider for SQL server Error in Post Transaction Entries) That comes up after about five minutes of nothing. Then hit OK and Run-time Error pops up. Then hit OK and Every thing shuts down and have to restart. At this point the sale does not seem to be recorded in all areas. " Thanks for any assistance in advance, again, I'll continue searching.... Wendy_I, If you are using M...