SignedXml ds prefix

Hi!
Im creating project in c# .net2.0, to sign and verify documens us
xmldsig format.
My problem is how to use prefix "ds" instead of:
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" in SignedInfo,
SignatureValue and KeyInfo node and their child nodes?
I add xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" attribute to
xmlDocument. After call ComputeSignature method, I add to signature
xmlElement (XmlElement xmlDigitalSignature = signedXml.GetXml()) frefix

ds (xmlDigitalSignature.Prefix = "ds") - this change
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" of this element (signature)
to ds prefix, but I cant do this for other signedXml (signature) child
nodes and still have valid signatures.
I post this message on cryptography news to, but without any answer ;(
Maybe this is imposible with xmldsig internal engine in c# and .Net2.0?
Any sugestion will be very helpful!
Iguana

0
szewczykw (7)

XmlDsigC14NTransform signedXml.ComputeSignature()
1. signedXml.ComputeSignature() outputs a digest value of something. what is it? I mean, how can i get it? I get the canonical form of my xml with XmlDsigC14NTransform then digest it but the digest value is different. 2.signedXml.ComputeSignature() uses XmlDsigC14NTransform. But how? What are the parameters? I also need to obtain canonicalized XML in C14N format, but I haven't discovered how to do it. When I compare the DigestValue gen'd by ComputeSignature and my own DigestValue gen'd using ComputeHash, I get different values, but only when namespaces are involved. "Lemba...

SignedXML #2
Hello, I'm trying to create signed XML document with SignedXml class. As a SigningKey I'd like to use key pair obtained from user certificate stored in current user certificate store. I'm using WSE 2 SP 2 to get certificate, but when I'm invoking ComputeSignature() method of SignedXML instance I recive the following exception: "An unhandled exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in microsoft.web.services2.dll Additional information: DecryptValue" I'd also like to mention, that when I try to export key's parameters I recive the fol...

Unable to use original text prefix character
I want to use a '>' to prefix original text in replies and forwards. I have it set up to do so in my options, but it still just uses the blue bars around the original text. I think the options are just being ignored. Even if I force plain text format, it still composes in HTML unless I change it manually in the new message's toolbar. Anyone have any ideas on this? My IT guy cleared my profile and it had no effect on the problem. Thanks! waterrockets@gmail.com <waterrockets@gmail.com> wrote: > I want to use a '>' to prefix original text in replies and fo...

Hiding a column on a form in DS view
I want to call up a form in DS view with the option of hiding data via an option group. I set me![controlname].visible = false depending on the option called and the control disappears in Form view but not in DS view. Any help is appreciated. -- TIA In Datasheet View you really can't do much in the way of formatting things such as visibility using the Properties Box. To make a column disappear in a Datasheet View, you need to use the ColumnHidden Property: Private Sub Form_Load() Me.YourControlName.ColumnHidden = -1 End Sub To make it visible again you'd use Me.YourControlN...

SIGNEDXML
Hi, I have the following problem: I need to sign a XML Document whith SignedXML in Visual Basic .Net. When i signed the xml document and use the id Attribute in the next format "Id" this work, but, when i do the same but i only replace the id attribute for "ID" this does not work and gives me the message "Malformed Reference Element". For instance: This is my XML <mydocument ID="myfirstdocument"> ...... </mydocument> This is my code in VB.NET.... reference.uri="#myfirstdocument"... The above sample does not work This other...

Issues with SignedXml Class
Class SignedXml is used to produce/verify signature over XML document. One of its methods, function GetIdElement, is used to select Xml elements for signature and verification and consist following line: xmlElement = document.SelectSingleNode(String.Concat("//*[@Id=\"", idValue, "\"]")) is XmlElement; I can see two issues with this line 1. URI injection - there is no validation of idValue whatsoever; therefore I can successfully validate document below (see what is the URI). I have control over XPATH query you are performing. Although I cannot find any "da...

R4 ds ayuda Nintendo Ds Dsi o Lite
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>&nbsp;</P> </BODY> </HTML> ...

SignedXml.CheckSignature returns false when the root element has namespace declarations
Hi, I am using SignedXml with RSACryptoServiceProvider to sign some XML. the verification seems to work OK if there is no namespace declaration on the root element of the XML but if there is one it always returns false. here's a complete example: XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); doc.LoadXml("<foo xmlns:foo=\"foo\" />"); SignedXml sx = new SignedXml(doc); RSACryptoServiceProvider csp = new RSACryptoServiceProvider(); sx.SigningKey = csp; Reference refe = new Reference(""); sx.AddReference(refe); sx.ComputeSignature(); XmlElement signature = sx.GetX...

The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS
I am running Exchange 2003 sp2 on SBS 2003 sp1. Every 5 minutes I get a pair of error conditions which I strongly suspect are related: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Monitoring Event ID: 9098 Date: 2/2/2006 Time: 10:21:33 PM User: N/A Computer: AC2M6 Description: The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error '0x80070005'. The error points to permission denied or some such thing. At about the same time (though often off by a couple of minutes) but with the same frequency, I'm getting security violations: Logon...

What to digest when signedXml.ComputeSignature()?
I use signedXml.ComputeSignature() method and save it to an xml file (=output.xml). There is a digest value of "something" in it. Actually it is some form of my input xml but not just the canonical form of my xml. (is there some additional headers?) What is "something" exactly? What is digested exactly when signedXml.ComputeSignature()? The digest value of myOutput.xml (explained below) is not equal to the digest value in output.xml. Why? XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); doc.Load("input.xml"); XmlDsigC14NTransform canon = new XmlDsigC14NTransform(true); can...

SignedXML.CheckSignature() not working
I'm using Michael Gallants DecodeCertKey example to get the public key from an X509 certificate. I then create an RSAServiceProvider and try to use it to CheckSignature() on the signed XML file. Other sources such as http://www.infomosaic.net/XMLSign/SecureXMLVerifyWS.htm can verify the signature, but .Net won't. Any ideas? Here is the code I'm using: ' Verify the signature of an XML file and return the result. Public Shared Function VerifyXmlFile(ByVal Name As String) As Boolean ' Create a new XML document. Dim xmlDocument As New XmlDocument ...

SignedXML throws error
When I try to used the CheckSignature Method of SignedXML I get the following error. "Unknown transform has been encountered. at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.Reference.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedInfo.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.Signature.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n at SAML.Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\\omtest\\saml\\form1.cs:line 295" string Any ideas what might be going wrong,...

Revoked Certificate in AD DS
Hi All, Does anyone know if why when I revoke a Windows Server 2008 R2 certificate and publish a new CRL, the cert. still appears in the user's 'Published Certificates' tab within ADUC? Shouldn't the cert. be removed from the user's object too? Thanks All. No. There is no way to know where this exists from the servers point of view. He just publishes a crl and lets the cleints manage from there. -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci 2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4 Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of t...

R4 ds ayuda Nintendo Ds Dsi o Lite
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>&nbsp;</P> </BODY> </HTML> ...

SignedXml ds prefix
Hi! Im creating project in c# .net2.0, to sign and verify documens us xmldsig format. My problem is how to use prefix "ds" instead of: xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" in SignedInfo, SignatureValue and KeyInfo node and their child nodes? I add xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" attribute to xmlDocument. After call ComputeSignature method, I add to signature xmlElement (XmlElement xmlDigitalSignature = signedXml.GetXml()) frefix ds (xmlDigitalSignature.Prefix = "ds") - this change xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" ...

SignedXML signature assigning a prefix.
Hi all, I've Signed an XML document using x509 cert - no probs. I get an output of <Signature....>....</Signature> 64 Million dollar question: How to get this: <dsig:Signature.....>...</dsig:Signature> In otherwords, how to tell SignedXML Class to use a prefx of (in my case) 'dsig'? You have 3 lifelines and a phone a friend handy. Any help here would just be too good!! Thousand thanks in advance, Mick. ...

Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS Mailbox Guid { }
Hi, I am running Exchange 2003 SP2. I've recently been receving warnings in event viewer. Event ID 9554 ''Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS Mailbox Guid {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx} Error code 0x80040102. Immediately before this event I receive an Information event event ID 8355 ''The description of Event ID 8355 [MSExchangeAL] cannot be found. I have referred to MS Articles Q555433, Q322308 and tried searching for the Mailbox GUID that is causing the problem. LDP did not return any entries. Any ideas please? ...

R4 ds ayuda Nintendo Ds Dsi o Lite
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>&nbsp;</P> </BODY> </HTML> ...

MailMerge loosing format from XL/Xp DS
I am trying to run a mail merge using an excel Data Source. The data in the amount column is typed in, and is formatted as currency. when the mail merge is performed my data is changed from $300.26 to 300.259999999 on the letter. I have tried to format the data column with anything that accepts a decimal; and receive the same results. Can you help? I am running everything on the xp office disk, and service pack 2 After you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. From that list, choose 'MS Excel Worksheets via DDE (*.xls)...

Urgent Help with CheckSignature method of SignedXml
Hey Friends, I have a Signed XML that looks like the below I also have the public certificate for this but i am not able to pass the public key of the X509Certificate2 to the CheckSignature method any idea or help? <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <B:Envelope xmlns:B="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:A="http://www.routeone.com/namespace.messaging.diag#" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><SOAP:Header xmlns:SOAP-SEC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/security/2000-12" xmlns:S...

Please help
Dear All, Our recently installed exchange 2003 server loses connection with the DS randomly. This happens sporadically at unrelated times. Can any one please suggest what could be done regarding this? The Events with codes are posted below. Many many thanks for your help everyone. EI: 2114 Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=1228). Topology Discovery failed, error 0xffffffff. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. EI:2102 Process MAD.EXE (PID=1800). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: adserver.schenkerkr.com ISASERVER.schenkerkr.com ...

SignedXml, X509Certificate2 and certificates with *Strong* protection
I have tried to use the System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml class to sign an Xml message with Xml-DSIG and using an Enveloped signature type and the sha1RSA algorithm. Everything works fine with soft certificates and some smartcard based certificates. I'm using X509Certificate2 to hold the certificates. My problem is that our customers is forced (by law!) to use a smart-card based personal certificate with strong protection. That is a certificate that can't be accessed without the user being informed. If a message is to be signed, the user will have to punch his pi...

adding 1 to each following cells with a prefix
How do I automate the editing in situation such as the column content below. M001 M002 M003 There is prefix M00 but the cells of the rest is plus one from the first. If it's just numbers, I know =A1 + 1 and copy-and-paste would do it but it won't work with a prefix. Thanks for the help, Put M001 in your first cell, select that cell and then click on the small black square in the bottom right corner of that cell's border and drag it down as far as you want... Excel will automatically increment the number part for you. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "cpliu" <spamfreeli...

Help - Soap Message - SignedXml - Apache Xml Security Suite
I am using SignedXml class to sign and verify soap xml documents. We are not using WSE at this point. When I sign a soap document and send it to my trading partner, they can verify the document without any problem. However when they send me the signed soap document, I am not able to verify it. But they can take their signed document and can verify it without any problem. They are using Apache Xml Security Suite (v 1.0.4). One thing we noticed is that SignedXml class does not add any prefix to the Signature element. But the Apache suite adds it. However both namespace values are pointing to sa...

Which type of digital certificate to get from VeriSign for SignedXML
Hi all, Happy New Year. I am using SignedXML and an X509 certificate to digitally sign a SOAP message body and put the signature in the SOAP header for a B2B business application. Can you suggest which type of digital certificates from VeriSign is for this purpose? I checked VeriSign's web site but didn't find it obvious to decide. Thank you very much for your help. --- Guangxi Hi Guangxi, What about the Secure Site Services? SSL certificates are ideal for securing Web sites, intranets and extranets. It's cheap and guarantee every SSL session will receive powerful SSL enc...