SelectNodes available in one project, not another?

Hi, all!  Using VS.Net 2003 (vb.net)...

I've build a sample app (Windows application) to manipulate xml data from
file, and all works fine.  However, when I move code that works fine from
the Windows app into a SmartDevice app template, I'm getting an error
telling me that 'SelectNodes is not a member of System.Xml.XmlDocument'.

Is there a difference between the classes when used in a Windows app versus
a SmartDevice app??  Seems to me the class would be functionally the same,
but who knows...

Comments and suggestions welcome...
Jack

I don't think the compact framework has that (guessing there is no support
for XPATH).

The documentation contains a class library comparison tool, to see the
differences between classes in the regular and the compact framework - looks
like xpath related methods are missing from the XmlElement class in the
compact version.

"Jack Black" <jackblackisback@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, all!  Using VS.Net 2003 (vb.net)...
>
> I've build a sample app (Windows application) to manipulate xml data from
> file, and all works fine.  However, when I move code that works fine from
> the Windows app into a SmartDevice app template, I'm getting an error
> telling me that 'SelectNodes is not a member of System.Xml.XmlDocument'.
>
> Is there a difference between the classes when used in a Windows app
versus
> a SmartDevice app??  Seems to me the class would be functionally the same,
> but who knows...
>
> Comments and suggestions welcome...
> Jack

0
someone528 (62)
10/18/2004 8:13:01 PM
Looks like you're absolutely right, darn it!  Any suggestions on adapting
XPath queries for SmartDevice coding?

Thanks,
Jack

"Marina" <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I don't think the compact framework has that (guessing there is no support
> for XPATH).
>
> The documentation contains a class library comparison tool, to see the
> differences between classes in the regular and the compact framework -
> looks
> like xpath related methods are missing from the XmlElement class in the
> compact version.
>
> "Jack Black" <jackblackisback@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, all!  Using VS.Net 2003 (vb.net)...
>>
>> I've build a sample app (Windows application) to manipulate xml data from
>> file, and all works fine.  However, when I move code that works fine from
>> the Windows app into a SmartDevice app template, I'm getting an error
>> telling me that 'SelectNodes is not a member of System.Xml.XmlDocument'.
>>
>> Is there a difference between the classes when used in a Windows app
> versus
>> a SmartDevice app??  Seems to me the class would be functionally the
>> same,
>> but who knows...
>>
>> Comments and suggestions welcome...
>> Jack

Capital One giving me corrupt Money import files
Money is saying the files I get from Capital One credit card are corrupt. Some months import fine, while others I get an error. I try to get support from Capital One, but they keep giving me the runaround. Anything I can do with Money to get this to work? I have about 50 transactions a month and rather not input these manually! -Max Max, The problem is that there's a character in the statement you're getting from Capital One that Money is choking on. I've run in to the same issue...save the statement from Capital One to your hard drive and edit it by hand. Search for &qu...

Automatic picture formatting available ?
Hello everybody, I did a search on this and couldn't find anything so here goes... I capture and paste alot of images into excel from the clipboard. Once pasted i have to select "Format Picture" function in order to get the size so that the pasted picture actually fits the excel cells. Is there anyway to make the pasted pictures automatically size themselfes to the cells ? Or perhaps set a default setting in the "Size" tab in "Format Picture" so that pasted pictures always gets the same size without me being forced to write them in explicitly everytime ...

Excel Web Service - Multiple Pivot Charts
Hi, I have an Excel2007 dashboard, which contains more than 5 pivot charts. Its a testing dashboard, which has got several defect metrics based on same data source. I am publishing these pivot charts to Sharepoint using excel web service. Currently I need to fiter all pivots one by one to see the charts for different parameter. something like (if I need to select the defects for different releases, i select them one by one in all pivots). I know, i can create a simple macro to trigger updates to all pivots. But the problem I am facing is - After I publish the pivot charts to Sharepoint. Mac...

date and time formating in one cell
I have the following date/time stamps in one cell: 20031229152357 20031230150834 20031230150834 etc... As you can tell, the date is yyyy\m\d and time is h:mm:ss The problem I have is the numbers appear exactly as above. My question is how do I get the respective date and time to show up in the cells? Right now, I am only getting the "##############" to show in the cells. Thanks for your help, Kurt Kurt, Are you not inputting this data as time, that is 29/12/2003 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email a...

Default Value from another table
I want to assign a value in a form to a value from another table. I want to be able to do this for many forms (using the same value from that table). Why? Well, here is the setup: I have a login screen in the beginning (has a combo for the usernames, and text for the passwords). I have another table (table1) the records what username you selected. I want to use that value, and use it as the default value for the "Name" fields in forms the individual will use (that way they don't have to type in their name, and/or have a combo to select their name (where they can lie and chose s...

copy range of cells from one workbook to another
I have 2 workbooks. The 1st one is a list of individual names and numbers. One row per individual. The 2nd is a "request for manual check" form. Instead of retyping all that data is it possible to copy one line of data into the second workbook to complete the check request form? There are only 3-4 fields that need to be completed on the form. I have about 100 employees on the list and one form. Each employee needs his own request form. Hi try using vLOOKUP. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mitmeez" <...

I want to put a hyperlink in a doc to another page in same doc
I want to put a hyperlink on a page in a power point presentation to another page in the same presentation. Wrong group... http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.powerpoint&cat=en_US_884a862c-d238-4f41-a3ea-5c77639600cf&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "hyperlink to page in document" <hyperlink to page in document@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63...

combone data from more that one page
what is the easiest way (if possible)to conduct analysis of data from more than one page consider I have 5identical pages (one for each sales regions) with lots of products in column a and months in row 1 with data in a table is there anyway i can conduct analysis of the 5 sales regions as a whole or by area ideally i would like a pivot that had the regions as a field and the months and products so i can look at the data in anyway poss If you want to create a pivot table from the data, you should store it all on one sheet, if it won't exceed the available number of rows. Before you com...

Add two Columns to a table from another table
It has been a couple of months since I have worked with access and I can't remeber the right way to put the critera. I want to add two columns from table A to table B where the machine name is equal to each other. I know I have to use an append query I just can't figuer out how to set the critera to place the correct data in the right place. Both tables have been imported and both have a column called machine name. I want to add two columns from table A to table B where the machine names are the same. Please help me out. Thanks very much, Greg It isn't clear whether you ar...

Microsoft Project 98
I recently upgraded from Windows NT to Windows 2000, can I still use Microsoft Project 98 on Windows 2000? Thanks, D.D. Stott, Office Manager Project 98 runs on Windows 2000 without problems. Sal www.ctgtraining.com "D.D. Stott" <ddsdriftwood@tls.net> wrote in message news:113e01c36277$28cfe790$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I recently upgraded from Windows NT to Windows 2000, can I > still use Microsoft Project 98 on Windows 2000? > > Thanks, > D.D. Stott, Office Manager ...

Projectwise Resource Engaged & Availability report
Hi, I am new to MSP & MSPWA. We generally use MSP & PWA to manage our projects. Now we require a report that shows status (Allocated and Available) of all active resources on a particular day or daywise. Is there any existing report for it or how can it be developed? Please help me out. Hi, a tip for your next question: to get answers for project server questions, it is better to ask in microsoft.public.project.server. There are several methods to see what you want to see. Depends if you want to have a graphical overview, on the number of your active resources, .... ...

RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time
RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time, this would be helpful in creating PO's. Mutiple item selection is a standard in every software; you really dropped the ball with this one. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

POP connectors......which one do you use
Hi I have just setup xchange 2k3 on a 2k3 server and all seems good,i needto be able to download mail from my isp pop server to my xchange server It appears you need 3rd party tools to do this so my question is which is the best and which is free!! Your thoughts are appreciated Regards S -- Simon Whyley MCP XP,2Kpro Comptia A+ (lol) Message posted via WinServerKB.com http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/exchange-administration/200508/1 The best answer is don't. Beg (if it takes it) the ISP to give you an SMTP feed. Bribe them etc. etc. When all that falls on stony ground ...

Can 2 Union Queries Be used in Another UNION ??
I have created 2 separate Union Queries that work just fine. Can these 2 union queries be used in Another Union query (that will essentially combine the output of those 2)? Thanks very much, Kev -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Yes, as long as the two union queries are outputting data in the same structure and as long as the query engine doesn't decide that the combination of the union queries is too complex. Have you tried to do this? If so, did it fail? And if it failed were there any error messages? -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for H...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Tuesday, March 15, 2005. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 163 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Note that only a limited number of FAQ items have been added or modified for Money 2005--those that are derive from my limited experience with the product and on very high profile items in the newsgroup. If you are us...

Unable to open one or more attachments
Hello, im hoping someone can help me, im running exchange 5.5 sp3 on Nt4 sp6 and clients are having problems when using outlook (97,98,2000 and XP) when trying to open emails with attachments, when they are actually opening the email that has an attachment, (not the attachment itself) outlook is reporting a "unable to open one or more attachments" and the body of the message appears but it doesnt seem to have the attachment there, if they then proceed to close and open the email a few times, the attachment appears without the error message. This is happening at different s...

Open an Excel file from another Excel copy
I am running a macro using Excel97. I tried to open an Excel file by double click the file itself. It tells me that it can't be opened because I am running macro. However, if I start another copy of Excel, I can open it from there. Do you have a way that I can automatically start another copy of Excel when I double click the Excel file? Hi Charles Lee, Do this: - Save your workbook as xla. This format permits that the file can be open concomitant by two or more Excel instances; - Create a Windows shortcut for your workbook to open exclusive Excel instance. Look for "Sho...

How do I limit number of fonts available in Word
I only switch between a handful of fonts, when I work with Office products. How do I limit the number of fonts listed? I've removed a lot from c: > Windows > Fonts, but every time I open Word, I'm still seeing more than I'm interested in. Install file management software. Word displays all the installed fonts the current printer is capable of printing. Cheaper still format your documents with styles and ignore the font listing altogether. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><...

Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps ,
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna919ATgmail.com=20 Thanks=20 Kris=20 Reply =BB ...

split one column to multiple columns
I have data formatted in column A like: Sheldon Barnes <nhr4man@nc.rr.com>, Miriam DURVAMC Mil34ler <miriam....miller@va.gov>, Eddie Barnes <e.barne26s@verizon.net>, Deloris Bell-Johnson <db12345ell67@nc.rr.com>, Brenda Bethea <bbethea@email.un453c.edu>, jessie bowen <jbowen8kdkdkd871@aol.com>, How can i separate into three columns? First Name, Last Name, E-mail Many Thanks in Advance Greg Hi Greg, See if Text To Column under Data will do that for you. Use Space as the Delimiter. It worked for me on a simple test of your dat...

backup ISP with one exchange server
we have one exchange 2003 server and we use a External ISP T1 connection and the ISP DNS which has the MX record. 10 email.domain.org (First ISP IP address for the email server) 20 email2.domain.org (second ISP IP address for the email server) We have a backup ISP connection that stays idle. when we switch over to the backup ISP connection (because the first is down) we cannot get the incoming email in. Outgoing works fine. How can we get the incoming email to route to the one exchange server with either ISP? On 18 Jan 2007 18:06:16 -0800, "zakmanx" <lskw360@sbcglobal.net&g...

Available Resources warning in Excel 2003
Hello: I am not exactly a new user, but new to Excel 2003, and I am finding that operations that did not create a problem for me in the past are now apparently troublesome. In a not very large worksheet (less than 2000 rows, 30 columns, data only until I add formulas) I add a column and put in a vlookup to grab a related cell value from another workbook. The target range is in a larger book, maybe 50000 rows, 2 or 3 columns of formulas, but nothing very powerful. In Excel 2002 I don't remember ever having a problem, even with Word and Outlook open, and maybe 3 other workbooks ...

where can I find CWinApp file in a regular dll (not extension) wizard created project
Hi. I created a dll using the regular (not extension) dll wizard in vc++ 6.0. I was wondering where I can find this CWinApp file so I can put initialization code and exit code in it? I don't see it in the file view and of course I am not very experienced with this ide. thanks for probably the obvious. Jeff Kish If it is not an MFC DLL, it probably doesn't have a CWinApp class. Find In Files is a useful tool to know about. Look for DllMain. See what it does on entry. If it doesn't call InitInstance, then you don't have a CWinApp class. joe On Wed, 02 May 2007 1...

Copy Data from One Group of Cells to Another Group
I have five columns of data on two different sheets in the same workbook. One set of columns is sorted in ascending date order the other in descending date order. When I enter data into the last row of Sheet 1, I need the data in that row in columns A, B, C and D to be copied into Sheet 2 columns A, C, D and E in a newly inserted row 14. Is this possible with the use of a macro? I can find the last cell in Sheet 1, but then need to go up one row and back to column A. I am having difficulty with that. Thanks is advance for any assistance offered! /s/ Alan Auerbach On Sat, 26 May 2007, ...

Make macro available in all workbooks
Hey there I have created a macro to run on a particular csv file. The contents of this file are the result of a report ran from another application. I need the macro to be available to all workbooks, so that when the macro is to be run on the file, it will always be available. I have tried selecting - Macros in "All Open Workbooks", but this does not seem to retain the macro when a different file has been opened Can any 1 help? Cass Hi normally saving your file in the personal.xls should be sufficient. Aother option would be to create an addin for this macro and install thi...