Seeking XML Editor for "Users"

I have a web site (for a client) where I am now using a considerable
number of XML files. Previously the files were updated off-line, and FTPd
to make live.

I now need to allow "user editors" to edit the XML data. These users are
primarily "business knowledge" experts; intelligent but not necessarily IT
literate. I need to provide a simple XML editor to allow them (e.g.) to
edit a simplified RDF style metadata base (actually a modified PRISM
syntax). Enforced validation (e.g. against a DTD) would be beneficial.

The site support asp.net, so an application "embedded" within an asp.net
shell would appear to be one solution. Any suggestion for such tools, or
services please, would be appreciated.

Best Regards, John Walton
0
jwalton (8)

I haven't looked around for anything web based, but yo should look into Word
2003, InfoPath 2003 and various other XML based forms client apps (Adobe has
one and there are others, too).

Word does make for a pretty smart XML editor at this point. You can also
embed .NET code to upload the XML files for the user etc. InfoPath presents
forms based UIs that can interact with  Web services.

I'd be interested to hear what you find.
--
HTH
Christoph Schittko [MVP, XmlInsider]

<jwalton@cix.compulink.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have a web site (for a client) where I am now using a considerable
> number of XML files. Previously the files were updated off-line, and FTPd
> to make live.
>
> I now need to allow "user editors" to edit the XML data. These users are
> primarily "business knowledge" experts; intelligent but not necessarily IT
> literate. I need to provide a simple XML editor to allow them (e.g.) to
> edit a simplified RDF style metadata base (actually a modified PRISM
> syntax). Enforced validation (e.g. against a DTD) would be beneficial.
>
> The site support asp.net, so an application "embedded" within an asp.net
> shell would appear to be one solution. Any suggestion for such tools, or
> services please, would be appreciated.
>
> Best Regards, John Walton

Altova's Authentic can be used as desktop app or IE plugin.
http://www.altova.com/products_doc.html

// A. Zorlu
// Web developer
0
zorlu (3)

ADMT Duplicate users issue
Hi there, I am about to do a Windows 2003 -> Windows 2003 cross forest AD migration but I am having difficulty getting my head around a concept. All users have AD Accounts in both Domains but the Source usernames & target usernames are different. The source users already use the Exchange server in Target Domain. Exchange does not exist in source. The source domain has 60 servers & 600 users. I would like to use ADMT to migrate the servers, worksations, permissions etc etc to the new domain but am confused how this will work as I need to map the source user to ...

Email not accessible for remote users using rpc over http
Ok, I've searched and searched, I've checked with our consultant, and no clues. Here's what's happening. In my office we are using Exchange Server 2003. We have some in office staff and some remote workers. We just bought new Dell Latitude's for our remote workers. I have set them up on the server and they are working wonderfully, in the office. Both hard wired to the network and over the wireless. The problem is when they get them home (or any other wireless access besides our own). They cannot access their Outlook 2003. When bringing it up, they get a popup window askin...

Attachments from Netscape Users
I am using outlook while a number of colleagues use netscape. When they forward e-mails to me, I am able to view e-mails that have been 'forwarded in line', but when they send emails as 'forward as attachment' I see a file with no extension in the OL attachment window and get an error 'could not open one or more attachments - the object could not be found'. Any ideas on the problem or potential solution??? ...

,net Users IIS
Hello, I just need some clarification: I added a user to the Membership Table using the CreateUserWizard. His name is "Bob" IIS7 shows "Bob" in the .NET Users. "Bob" is not in the web.config, but the status bar says its getting it from the web.config. Where was Bob given authorization if not in the web.config? and why does IIS say its getting his name from there? Thanks coder316 <coder316@gmail.com> wrote in news:5cfaa057-2299-487f-a3f7- 3f7d4df40f14@27g2000yqr.googlegroups.com: > I just need some clarification: > I added a...

CRM web interface hangs
Hello I have a strange problem When I logon as a domain (and CRM) user on an XP client and try to open CRM via the web interface, it does not open - it just hangs. When I try to open it in outlook it hangs But if I logon as a different user(not CRM, but local admin) on the client and access the CRM webpage with the original CRM username password, it works fine Any suggestions are greatly appreciated Thank you vikrantca have you tried giving the user local admin rights and see if that resolves the issue? if it does, then either give them admin rights to the local pc, or resolve your security ...

Deleted items appearing in other users mailboxes!!
I am wondering if anyone has come across this strange problem before. Almost everyday after recovering our exchange server from a repaired database, random users appear to have their deleted items folder flooded with deleted items which do not belong to them. The messages all have "DELETED: " in the subject. Obviously this is a big security concern! The potential for someone to read something which they otherwise shouldn't have access to is making this too big a problem to resolve by flushing the deleted items. Has anyone come across this problem before? This really has me puzzl...

Preventing email to non-authenticated users
Good morning everyone. I'm running an Exchange 2000 SP3 machine on Windows 2000 Server. I have remote offices that only use OWA to check their email. Is there a way to prevent them from being able to send to anyone who isn't a user on that mailserver? Since the offices only use OWA, I'm a little confused about how to go about preventing their email to external email addresses. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. On 6 Jul 2006 07:25:23 -0700, "manfre" <manfre7874@gmail.com> wrote: >Good morning everyone. > >I'm running an Exchange 2000...

Users to Contacts in separate Exchange servers.
Hey all I have two exchange 2003 servers in separate domains that must remain separate. For the past year I've been using CSVDE to export and import AD users from one exchange server into a contacts OU on the other. All this so users of each domain can select contacts out of the GAL instead of using the SMTP address. Is there a better/easier/automated way this can be done without using a costly third party tool? Thanks for the help James I presume when you say "separate domains" you also mean "separate forests" (and organizations), otherwise yo...

Outlook 2000 - XP PROF OS
I have set up 3 users in XP for myself, my wife, & my daughter. Each is password protected. We each have a unique email address with our ISP. After setting up the users, I imported all my email files & messages from my idenity in Outlook Express into Outlook while logged into XP under my admin. user ID. When setting up my wife's Outlook, while logged in under her user ID, I cannot see my email address under "ACCOUNTS" & likewise, when logged in under my ID I can't see her's. However, all of my folders & messages appeared in her account. If I delete a fold...

Recipient Policy Not Flowing to Filtered Users
To all, I currently have the following issue. I need to have 2 email addresses for specific users. Most users will just require one email address such as user@company.com. There are exceptions where the users will need two address such as user@company.com and user@organization.com. I have created an additional recipient policy for the second organization. I named the recipient policy Organization, and created a filter to find the Exchange Recipients where their Office Location Is(exactly) Las Vegas. If I then click Find Now, the correct recipients appear in the list. Finally I click ...

Antigen 8.0
Hi all. I've used other products which allowed an LDAP lookup to be done at the mail gateway and the message to be deleted -- without scanning and without NDR -- if "to:" address does not exist in the Domain. I cannot find any information on how to do this with Antigen. I'd appreciate any information anyone may be able to provide. Here's the info on my server: Version: 8.00.1517 (Licensed) Service Release: 3 Licensed Components: Component License Type Expiration Date ASM Subscription 1-JUL-2007 Antigen Subscription 1-JUL-2007 Antigen Mode: VSA...

create users
I create an aplicattion in Access2002 and I want create many users for use this aplication. But they can't modify aplication. How can I make this? Taken from a post by Rick B: Here are a few resources... Security FAQ http://support.microsoft.com/?id=207793 The Security Whitepaper is also worth reading to help you understand. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=148555 Joan Wild: www.jmwild.com/AccessSecurity.htm Lynn Trapp http://www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/Security.htm -- Hope this help Daniel Pineault "florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Import csv file of users into Exchange 2003
Hi, I am using Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. I have recently been asked to incorporate a list of 2000+ users/e-mails from a csv file so that our internal users can use select the names from the address book. It is likely that this list will be update on a monthly basis, therefore I need to be able to remove entries and re-populate with the new list. Is the best method for doing this via the Csvde utility? Do the users have to become a part of Active Directory? Can I create them into a separate list which can be accessible via internal users accessing the address book and selecting a "...

giving myself rights to other users mailboxes
I am the exch 2003 admin, and I have everyone's password, but with 5.5 I used to be able to log in to all mailboxes, but since we changed to 2003, I don't have access with my account. How can I easily give myself rights again? Thanks see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262054 "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:eczl0$92EHA.1144@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I am the exch 2003 admin, and I have everyone's password, but with 5.5 I > used to be able to log in to all mailboxes, but since we changed to 2003, I &g...

Accessing a Users Sent Mail
I have granted a user permission to view all others in boxes using Outlook client and Exchange 2003. Is there a way that they can see the sent mail folder and not just the inbox? Thanks, KG On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:16:42 -0400, "Kevin G" <kevin@g.com> wrote: >I have granted a user permission to view all others in boxes using Outlook >client and Exchange 2003. Is there a way that they can see the sent mail >folder and not just the inbox? > >Thanks, > >KG > Sure, give them delegate reviewer access to just that folder via Outlook or pfdavadmin....

Remote office users are experiencing delay in retrieving email
I had placed a question last week on a similar topic. Here's my scenario. I have an office in New Orleans and an office in Houston. My New Orleans office has an NT 4.0/Exchange 5.5 server that has about 30 mailboxes on it right now. They also use OWA for access to their email through the internet. My Houston office has a Windows Server 2003 DC without Exchange on it. The two networks are connected via VPN. One of my users has big files that he receives in his email which causes delays while he is viewing the different folders in his Outlook 2003 client. We want to prevent the...

preventing internal users from sending email to other public domai
Hi all. I would like to prevent my company's internal users from sending email to other public domains as the exchange server is for internal office use only. I tried enabling the option "filter recipients who are not in the directory" under recipient filtering tab of message delivery properties. However my users are still able to send mail to other public domains in the internet. What can i do to prevent them from doing so? After i enable the option i just mentioned, i was prompted "connection, recipient and sender filtering must manually be enabled on specific smtp ...

give modify access to domain Users
Hi, I'd like to write a powershell script to give modify access to domain Users for "C:\Program Files\TestSystems" on computers belonging to the "List: TestComputers" group, is there any simple way to do that? I have been googling answers for the cmdlet and have no luck so far, Thanks for your time and help, Owen -- owenzh First off are you looking to run a script locally or remotely? If remotely, you'd need to either have PowerShell remoting or some centralized management app/tool to copy the PowerShell script(s) to that server... ...

Is there a way to redirect only certain users folders?
I want to do a "test" redirect of folders before implementing it fully. Is there a way to just select a few users and redirect their folders in SBS 2003? Thanks, Jim Hi Jim: Folder redirection is done by the Group Policy that applies to the OU where the SBS stations are located. But it is nothing more than a forced changing of the My Documents location ot a location on the SBS (or some other place if you change the GPO). You can do the exact same thing from a user desktop. Rclick the my documents folder and change the path to some folder on the SBS or some ot...

2 Active Directories (only able to add users from one of them)
Hello everyone! I have a problem... I have Microsoft CRM 3.0 installed and 2 ADs. I can only add users from one of the ADs, when I create on CRM an user currently registered on the other Active Directory I receive an error message "Logon name of the Domain invalid" Any ideas? what should I do? Thanks! Are they in the same forest? If not, is there a trust setup between the 2 domains? "wanny" wrote: > Hello everyone! > I have a problem... > > I have Microsoft CRM 3.0 installed and 2 ADs. > I can only add users from one of the ADs, when I create on CR...

Unable to create users on CRM 4.0
With any crm’s user and with whole roles we can’t add user, the option doesn’t appears … Any suggestion? So you're logged into the CRM web client as a user with the System Administrator Role, and you don't have have a 'New' button at the top of your User list? Is it possible that someone would have disabled the ability to create users using the CRM Deployment Configuration Tool? you can check out this blog I just created regarding this subject and see if it applies to you: http://blogs.salentica.com/direland/2009/04/27/enablingdisabling-user-creation-in-crm-40/ Dave ...

Email DomainA/Email DomainB
I have a recipent policy now (Default) that allows everyone to get a email addres user@abc.com and user@efg.com. I want to add another domain; xyz.com but only allow specific users to get those email addresses. The number of users is small enough that I could manually add the email to each user. According to a previous post, I could create a new policy for the new domain (so exchange allows the reciept of the email) and leave it blank, but I wonder if I leave the policy filter "blank", will it create email addresses for all the users automatically, or can I pick and choose b...

Hiding Categories to Other Users
How do I hide categories when allowing other co-workers to view my Outlook calendar? I would like to only allow my co-workers to view business appointments in my calendar not appointments from other catergories such as personal, volunteer etc. Mark them Private - in the lower right hand corner of the appointment window. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jim asked: | How do I ...

popup in outlook wreaking havoc w/Acrobat users
Have been getting popup windows in Outlook every time I a) compose a new message and b)every time I receive email saying a program is trying to access my email address book; further asks if I want to allow it. Only way to compose or read email is to allow it. I since understand this is a recent problem w/anyone who has Microsoft XP and runs Adobe Acrobat. Anyone else who has this problem and has solved it please tell me what you did - I'm losing my sanity! Look up MS KB article 838871 on support.microsoft.com - it has all the information ... >-----Original Message----- >Ha...

SBS environment with more than 75 users in AD
Hi, I have potential scenario for SBS, so I have some soubt: 1. should I add more than 75 users (for example 150) into AD? (Server CALs, etc....) 2. should built-in POP3 Connector can download (on the same time) external e-mails (from ISP) for 150 users? 2.1 if 2) is NO, should published Exchange (direct on the Internet) can handle 150 e-mails for all users listed in AD? 3. What is limit for internal SBS environment - max 75 users in AD or max 75 concurrent connections to AD? Second means: I have 150 users, but some of them are working in shifts. So, in theory, 50 are wo...