Security help!

I am going to use webservices extensively in my vb windows
forms application. I will be exchanging lots of data over
the internet in my distributed app. I purchased a
certificate from verisign to encrypt it via https.

My questions are these:

1. At what point does the https protocol encrypt the data?
Does it encrypt inside the CLR, or just before it hits the
ip subsystem, or does it send the webservice request THEN
encrypt it?

2. Each of my webservice function calls receives a userid
and password in addition to any data it is carrying to
ensure that the user has permissions to that function.
Should I encrypt the userid and password inside my code,
or is the https protocol sufficient to protect this
security information?

3. I have read about the issue with the ease of CLR code
being a double edged sword being that it is easy to
dissassemble or reverse engineer the program. Is there any
way I can see the CLR code to see how much of my security
conventions are exposed in the CLR? I also don't want
people to be able to steal my design of course.

Thanks!

Exchange Server SMTP denying local connections? HELP!
We recently ran into the need for software to relay through our exchange server from machines located on our LAN (Our exchange server has been working perfectly, everyone is running Outlook 2003 as clients). What I discovered is port 25 on the exchange server does not seem to be working or is some how blocked (but only coming in from one of the computers on the local LAN). If I attempt to telnet into the exchange server, or even run telnet off of the exchange server itself and try and connect to port 25, I immediately get "Connect failed". Now a key point here is ISA Server 2...

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

VLookUp needs helps
Hello all In a workbook, I have many worksheets. Each worksheet is a detail of a person with ID and grade. These worksheets are called "Detail worksheet". (for example, in a worksheet, cell A1 has 232 for ID and cell A3 has a grade of 9. In another worksheet, cell A1 has ID is 321 and cell A3 has a grade of 4) Also in that workbook, I have a separated worksheet with a list of people with their IDs and empty grades. This worksheet is called "Sumary worksheet" Now I want to input person's grade from each "Detail worksheet" for "Sumary worksheet". Do...

HELP!!!!!!!
I need some help. I just finished building a new computer and have database functionality problems. This database worked on my old computer but not this one. I have SP2 installed and all updates. When I open my database I am getting the following 3 errors then it opens up VB. Project contains a missing or broken refrence to the file ‘pdf.ocx’ version 1.3 Project contains a missing or broken refrence to the file ‘Printcontrol.dll’ version 11.5 Project contains a missing or broken refrence to the file ‘crviewer’ version 11.5 Can someone/anyone help me out Please. The database is loo...

Help w/code
Hi there. I have a sheet w/4 columns. The column is basically sorted b columns A>B>D. I would like to add a sheet that allows for automati entry into the other sheet. The code will insert rows into the othe sheet as well as auto sort. Can this be done? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

HELP!! Placeholder text for XML
Hi guyz, How can I manipulate programmatically to show placeholder text for all empty elements? I'm using c#. Thanks in advance. chinimimita wrote: > How can I manipulate programmatically to show placeholder text for all > empty elements? I'm using c#. Well where do you want to show a placeholder text for empty elements? How are you parsing the XML (XmlTextReader, XmlDocument, XPathDocument), what kind of output are you generating where you want placeholder text? -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ Well I'm working on VSTO an...

help needed #5
I have a number of cell,say h5 to h11. I need to create a function that carries out an action when any 2 of these cells is less than 1.The numbers are continuously changing.e.g h5 4 h6 3 h7 1.5 h8 1.7 h9 10 h10 11 h11 2.4 IF function can work IF(AND(H5<1,H6<1),"Yes","No") but this only checks one pair,i need to check many pairs.How do I do it? -- pytelium ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pytelium's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?ac...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

HELP! Lookup, countif or if statement
Hello I have a "raw data" sheet of 1500 rows and 30 columns.... in columns J, K, L, M, T, W are names of people. In the "Lookup" sheet I have a list of leavers (I have defined the list). In the last column of the "Raw Data" sheet I need to bring back the Name/s of the leaver/s if mentioned in columns J, K, L, M, T, W. I know I need to use a nested formula just which ones? You help is greatly appreciated!! Suppose your list of leavers names is in column A of Sheet2 in the same workbook. You can have a formula like this to check if the name in J2...

Need help #5
Hi; I am seting up a shart that would count certain keywords that i insert and another column that would count how many times the word has been inserted. What i am trying to do is if a certain word is inserted more than once then the word is deleted and the number in the second column which counts the frequency of the word increases by one and a third column which tells when was the last time such words was entered. This is the idea if somebody can help with it and if there is another way of doing it then it would be great Hi not fully sure but as a starting point: 1. For couting us...

IM help Gustavo
i've been having a problem with IM That was working pretty good but I los the destination but I can't set up over this one is the message who shows up: Message: Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface Number: 430 Call Stack: BrowserControl.DisplayLHS BrowserControl.RefreshBrowser frmAddSourceAndDest.ILookupManager_GetDisplayName MenuAction.IntegrationAddQuery MainMod.TimerCallbackMenFunction please advise ...

Help with .pst file
My outlook.pst file for Outlook 2000 is 600 meg. That's far too much after exporting only 17 meg from OE6. How do I, and what program should I use to, open the .pst file in Windows Explorer so I can see what is going on and why the file is so big. Thanks again for your help, Dan No other program but Outlook can open a PST file. Did you compact it? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Daniel Arrepas" <arrepas.daniel@butler-rosebury.com> wrote in message news:g3p0e.60$pA4.499@news.uswest.net... > My outlook.pst file for Outlook 2000 is 600 meg. That's far too muc...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

Formula help please...
I have made a 33 page spreadsheet. One main for totals, 31 for daily data, and a blank final page. I want to filter some data (first names, last, customer account number from the daily pages to list on the final page only if they made a purchase of a specific item. In other words, if all conditions were met (all 4 columns were used) it would be sorted to the final page. Each of the daily ones have 40 plus possible entries. I am looking specifically to create an independant list on the last page if those particular 4 columns have data. Anyone have a suggestion? take a look at data>fi...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Using MS Outlook as a client to Lotus Notes-Please help
We use Lotus Notes as the mail Server. I would like to use MS Outlook or Outlook Express as the mail client to Lotus notes. Please help how do I setup Outlook as a client to Lotus Notes a step by step procedure is appreciated. Thanks Karen refer here: " Connecting Microsoft Outlook to Lotus Notes" http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/lotusnotes.htm "Karen Middleton" <karenmiddleol@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a5fd468a.0503181805.24086cce@posting.google.com... > We use Lotus Notes as the mail Server. I would like to use MS Outlook > or Outlook Express...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Schedule building help please
I am trying to produce a schedule across many different sheets. I want to be able to type an appointment in "Mike's" sheet to meet with "Bob" and have it fill in Bob's schedule as well as return a "reschedule message" if he already has an appointment at that time. ...

Word doc will not delete from print Q (Word 2000) help please
I can not delete a word doc from the print Q. (It is word 2000) It has been there for 2 days and states deleting...P but will not delete and printer will not operate, can anyone please advise how to fix. Thank you. Sorry, the print queue is not handled by Office but by the operating system. Try turning off the printer and the computer and restarting both. Diane wrote: > I can not delete a word doc from the print Q. (It is word 2000) It has been > there for 2 days and states deleting...P but will not delete and printer will > not operate, can anyone please advise ...

HTML help #3
Hello, We are trying to compile our VC6.0 application with VS .Net 2003 (unmanaged code). The help file gets created OK, but we receive a "Project Error" when the task finishes (we did not receive any error messages with VC6.0). Unfortunately, this failure causes VS to stop, and the application never gets compiled/linked. How can we determine what the failure message is? Or, how can we bypass the failure, so that VS continues and builds the application? TIA, -Jacques Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'onmconsole', configuration 'Release|Win32&...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

Need an If:Then statement help
I need to create some kind of If:Then statement in an excell page. Basically, it needs to be that if the value is less than zero it shows zero, else show the value. any suggestions?? Russell Assuming your value of interest is in cell A1, put this formula where you wish the result......... =MAX(0,A1) Vaya con Dios Chuck, CABGx3 "RGT" <me@here.net> wrote in message news:1nbi115da6lqjfql609okv7oeo2172hdao@4ax.com... > I need to create some kind of If:Then statement in an excell page. > > Basically, it needs to be that if the value is less than zero it shows > z...