SchemaLocation within Xml payload and WSDL.exe

Is there anyway to cleanly model or even add the schema
location - i.e. xsi:schemaLocation="http://myns.com
http://myns.com/myshema location" - to a class that has
been generated via wsdl.exe?  I am running into a
potential maintanance issue where I gen a .net proxy
class via wsdl.exe but the receiving web service is
expecting the schema location attribute within the
payload but I dont have it cause the schema did not
define it.
0
none6758 (26)

TLB or IDL to XML
Hi all! Can I convert typelib to XML. I found somthing to convert IDL to XSD? Are there other posibility? Thanks for response! ...

Cannot resolve the schemaLocation attribute C#
Hi, I am using an xml schema (Schema1.xsd) which refers to two other Schemas as follows. <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:plcm-s="http://www.mycompany.com/plcm" targetNamespace="http://www.mycompany.com/plcm" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xsd:include schemaLocation="Schema2.xsd"/> <xsd:include schemaLocation="Schema3.xsd"/> All three schemas are stored in a Database as strings (SQL Server 2000). Now I am trying to load the Schema1 ...

how to get xml as a string from an XmlDocument object
hi all, How would I get the xml as a string from an XmlDocument object? thanks Joyce You can use the InnerXml property. -Asad "joyce chan" wrote: > hi all, > > How would I get the xml as a string from an XmlDocument object? > > thanks > Joyce > > joyce chan wrote: > How would I get the xml as a string from an XmlDocument object? OuterXml is one direct way, then you have the Save method to save to a StringWriter or the WriteTo method to do similar. -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ ...

XML parsing in VB

URL within email
I wish to be able to send an e mail with an active URL so that when the recipient recieves e mail they are taken to the web address once it is clicked. Currently I get an error message unable to open Http://*****.co.uk cannot locate internet sever. Helpfull information appreciated ...

Getting "question mark in block" at EOL in CSV files transformed from XML
I'm writing an XSLT stylesheet to generate a CSV file from an XML file. Some of the fields have embedded newlines. When I open the result in Excel, each value that has embedded newlines has a "question mark in block" character at the end of the embedded line. I need to figure out how to prevent this in the stylesheet, but I first have to figure out how to prevent it in the CSV. What do I have to do here? On Mar 2, 10:54=A0am, "david.karr" <davidmichaelk...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm writing an XSLT stylesheet to generate a CSV file from an XML >...

Best way of adding another node into an XML document?
I just need to add a new node whenever someone enters new data on a page. This doesn't involve any editing of existing nodes in the XML document. I was wondering whats the "BEST" way to perform this. I was thinking of a dataset but its unneccessary to read all the values into the dataset. Thanks ree32 wrote: > I just need to add a new node whenever someone enters new data on a > page. This doesn't involve any editing of existing nodes in the XML > document. I was wondering whats the "BEST" way to perform this. > > I was thinking of a dataset but ...

Loop by Group Within Group
Can you show me how to convert sheet A to sheet B format? In sheet B, I want to give a space for every Sales Person and do not repeat their id / names. I also will need to give a space for each region within each sales person. I appreciate your help. sheet A Sales Person ID Sales Person Name customer type region 1100813 John a1 1 1100813 John a2 1 1100813 John a3 1 1100813 John a4 1 1100813 John a5 1 1100813 John b1 2 1100813 John b2 2 1100813 John b3 2 1100813 John c1 3 1100813 John c2 3 1100813 John d1 4 1100813 John d2 4 1100813 John d3 4 1100813 John d...

Can individual sheets be password protected within a single workbo
In my company we have some collaborative work and to make things easier for the area coordinating the tasks, results are compiled in a sigle Excel file (workbook) with a specific sheet for each topic. In order to avoid that people from one area could tamper or accidentally alter the contents of another area's information, can each individual sheet be password protected so that only the people that know this password can change its content? Thanks Jorge E Jaramillo Hi Jorge, Excel security is quite weak, almost any non beginner can bust the password for a worksheet in just a few...

How to pull data from Access from within Excel?
I have an Access database I use to create a job quotation # and assign a project name to. I also use Excel to keep track of the hours worked on each project. What I'd like to do is create an employee time sheet in Excel and just enter his daily hours along with the job quotation # and have Excel automatically pull the job name from the Access quotation database. Can anyone help me with a sample or a direct me to a site that will show me how I can do this... I'm not an expert in either software but if i see a sample, i usually can modify it for my use. Thanks folks! Excel has a da...

xml transformations
I am doing a little research into the xml web server control and in particular the ability to do transformations with it. However all's I can see is the ability to feed in from an actual xml file. This doesn't seem very scalable if you want have a high volume dynamic web page like a product catalogue. Is there any way to bind the xml control to a dataset, or something a little more like that. "Chris" <chris@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message news:e0yFJyo8EHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > However all's I can see is the ability to feed in from an actual xml file. ...

Hyperlinks Within Same Workbook
I'm having a heck of a time creating hyperlinks in a workbook I received from someone. Essentially, I added sheets and drew graphs. One of those sheets I plan to make an index with this structure: ! Leading Indicators MZM 1,1a REIT 1.1b Pipeline 1.1c Household - nondurable Stock Market S&P 500 1.2a REIT 1.2b Pipeline 1.1c Household - nondurable 2 Coincident Indicators T-Bill...

Validating a XML document with a XSD
I found code for validating XML documents with the XML Schema cashed for rapid access. Example 3: Validating with XMLSchemaCache. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/xsd_devgd_hdi_validate_5zzn.asp This code seems not to be working no matter I do to fix it. I receive the following errors. Private Sub Form_Load() - Statement is not valid in a namespace Function ValidateFile(ByVal strXmlFile As String, ByVal strUrn As String, _ByVal strXsdFile As String - Statement is not in a valid Namespace. Sub Main was not found in 'XML_Valid_Test1.form1 - This project does not h...

Hiding sheets within a workbook
Is there a way to hide an entire worksheet so the tab on the bottom does not show? With the sheet to be hidden as the active sheet, use Format |Sheet |Hide Format |Sheet |Unhide reverse it best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26AB4E8E-A89B-4316-979F-436238603642@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to hide an entire worksheet so the tab on the bottom does > not > show? ...

XML query in Excel
hi all, win xp, excel 2003. i would like to ask if i can do any relational query on an xml data source inside excel. say, i have an xml document: employer.xml <employerList> <employer> <Name>Guy1</Name> <Department>Marketing</Deparment> </employer> <employer> <Name>Guy2</Name> <Department>Finance</Deparment> </employer> <employer> <Name>Guy3</Name> <Department>Accounting</Deparment> </employer> </employerList> and i also have this xml ...

repetition within randomization
A person on another pc, running my app, reported to me that in some instances where I call rand( ), there is little or no change. For instance, I may use int r = rand( ) % 4; switch(r) { case 0: // draw a particular emf break; case 1: // draw a particular emf break; case 2: // draw a particular emf break; default: // case 3: // draw a particular emf break; } and get a recurring result that doesn't feel very random. I have experienced this myself and realize that repetition happens in randomization. I also have read that my initial call to srand( GetTickCount() ...

XML with no schemaLocation
I have some XML instance documents that specify schemas via the xmlns attribute. I need to load these documents (with XmlDocument) and have them verified against the XSD's that are mentioned. However, the documents are intended to be shared between machines but the location of where the XSD's are stored can vary from machine to machine so I don't think it is possible for me to specify the xsi:schemaLocation in the instance documents. To load these documents and have them verified I can only think that I should: 1. Load them once without validation 2. Parse the document and buil...

handling xml "list of lists" in excel 2003
Hello, I'm trying to manipuate an xml doc that has a structure something like this: <node1 name="aa"> <node2>a</node2> <node2>b</node2> </node1> <node1 name="bb"> <node2>c</node2> <node2>d</node2> </node1> Is there a way to map this to a spreadsheet? Node1 and Node2 maxOccurs="unbounded". If I drag the node1 element (and childern) to the spreadsheet, and try to export the data excel complains that I have a list of lists and mapped element's relationship with other elements cann...

variable not working within exchange 2010 powershell
Hello, I`ve already asked a similair question which was solved through a different approach. My setup is as following: Windows 2k8r2 with exchange 2k10 and PowerShellPlus 3.0 installed. When i through the "Exchange management shell" do: [PS] D:\PowerShell Scripts>$companyname = "FTC" [PS] D:\PowerShell Scripts>$dc = "domaincontroller.domain.local" [PS] D:\PowerShell Scripts>new-globaladdresslist -name "$CompanyName GAL" -recipientFilter {(alias -ne $null -and custom attribute1 -eq $CompanyName)} -domaincontroller $DC i get...

validating XML doc with multiple schemaLocation's
I am trying to validate an XML instance document that contains elements from 2 different schema's. When I validate using .net I get the following error "Xml is invalid: The element http://api.onesource.com/abstract:group has invalid child element http://api.onesource.com/schema2:assets. Expected http://api.onesource.com/schema1:CopyrightText http://api.onesource.com/abstract:item. An error occured at ,(1,407) What is interesting is if I switch the order of the schema's in the schemaLocation I get an error on the CopyrightText element. This validates fine in XMLSpy. I have ma...

XML Validation against multiple schema Error
Hi All, I have 2 XSDs - one with the Types to be used throughout the application, and one specific to my module (a.xsd & b.xsd) a.xsd has <xs:attribute name="MyTest"> <xs:simpleType> <xs:restriction base="xs:token"> <xs:enumeration value="A" /> </xs:restriction> </xs:simpleType> </xs:attribute> b.xsd uses it as --Regular schema stuuf--- <xs:import namespace="http://schemas.mycompany.myproject" schemaLocation="file:///C:/Program Files/XML/a.xsd"/> <xs:complexType name="...

How to add xsi:schemaLocation attribute to XML element #2
Hi all, I am trying to serialize a C# object into a XML document usin "XmlSerializer" class. One of the elements of the XML document needs "xsi:schemaLocation" attribute. I am not sure how to add this to my XM element Please help me with this if you can. Thanks, kaus -- kaushsoa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kaushsoap's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=544 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187116553 ...

What is the best way to clean up a .PST file (Outlook2003)
Outlook2003 / WinXP Pro (SP2) Hi What is the best way to clean up my .PST file? I've tried archiving what I can and it's still c900 MB. I've compacted it. I regularly run SCANPST.EXE across it... but still it keeps restarting Outlook! I have an Outlook2003 file that obviously has some corruption in it because when downloading new emails, it quite often throws an error (that asks me if I want to inform microsoft and whether I want to restart Outlook). I have been advised to start again with an empty .PST file. And do download all the new files into it. The problem is that I...

All bars within a chart
Is there a way to change all the bars within a bar chart to the same color scheme at one time instead of having to click on each one to change it? Yes, when you click on one of the bar's this should automatically select all bars. The problem you are having is probably clicking twice on the bar instead of once. cliking twice will select only that bar "DaMailMan" wrote: > Is there a way to change all the bars within a bar chart to the same color > scheme at one time instead of having to click on each one to change it? Yasmin - I suspect he wants to change all series ...

task scheduler shutdown.exe /r using gpo, How to create one in S2k
new at GPO: How do you create a restart task in server 2003 and schedule it using GPO and applying it to a particular OU that contains computer accounts. ...