Relational Equiv. of Database

I'd like to create an XML schema that will allow me to save and retrieve
data that is equivalent to a relational database with relationships defined
between members of various tables.  Is this possible with XML and if so can
somebody point me to examples or other sources of information?

TIA

Brad

Using MFC windows functions to make a childclass database view cor
I am trying to open a database view which is derived from CWnd. The view is initially several columns too far to the right. I can actually (temporarily, when stopping at breakpoints in the debugger) get it correct--set to the left, by using the ScrollWindow function with a positive argument [in this case +350 pixels] . This positive argument is to me counterintuitive since I would expect a negative number so that the text would move to the left, but I suppose scrolling could work either way. In any event, I tried using RedrawWindow, Refresh, ActivateTopParent, UpdateWindow, and even R...

Indirect function
Hi, I struggle to create a macro with INDIRECT function that would jump to different cells. What cell I want to jump to depends on a currently selected cell. This means I need to put a relative reference into the function. Here is my function - I need to replace R1C1 expression with a realtive one (currently selected cell address with the same behavior as R1C1 expression). How can I do that? Application.Goto Reference:= _ "INDIRECT(CONCATENATE(R56C8,""!"",""a"",MATCH(R56C1,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE(R56 C8,1)),false)))" Whatever I do I get follo...

combining related data into one row of data
Access 2003 If I have a table like this with fields and data like this: Table1 Acct - Name ------ value1 - value2 - value3 123------Bob------------10-----------10-------10 123------Sue------------10-----------10-------10 How can I get a query result like this? Acct - Name ------ value1 - value2 - value3 123--- Bob, Sue------20------------20--------20 Any assistance greatly appreciated! RBolling On Aug 2, 4:54 pm, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote: > There is a generic concatenate function with sample usage athttp://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp...

relative path...
Hello, Using VC++6, I have created an MFC application. My .exe utilizes an outside folder named 'MyFolder'. Presently, I have used the following code in my .exe to access 'MyFolder': CString InitialPath="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Main\\Desktop\ \MyFolder\\"; 'MyFolder' is located in the same folder as my '.exe' What relative path could I use so '.exe' can access 'MyFolder'? Thanks in advance, RABMissouri2007 "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1188483407.448383.320730@g4g2000hsf.goo...

This code works in one database, but not the other...
I have this code (see below) in a form that is to write an audit record. I have sample database that this code runs just fine in, but when I import the same form and table into one of my production databases, I get an error. "Run-time error '3265': Item not found in this collection." When is stops it stops on " rs!UserName = CurrentUser" I'm not a code writer so have little skill in trouble shooting this problem. Any help would be appreciated Kelvin ++++++++++++++++++++ Sub WriteAuditUpdate(txtTableName, lngRecordNum, txtFieldName, OrgValue, CurValue) ...

MSCRM database restore
All, One of field person tried to import contacts from CSV file which has 108 records but CRM has imported 83,358 contacts with all null values except GUID. Now I want to remove these contacts. I tried to use SDK but CRM is not responsding probably due to large dataset. If I would like to restore from latest backup of this database what steps do I need to perform. Is it supported way ? Which databases I need to restore and in which order ? Please help.. Thanks ...

Making a tick box in filemaker pro database?
Dear group. I am currently creating a database to contain contact details for all my employers company friends and colleagues. I need to create check/tick boxes for certain categories. Can anyone advise me on how I may do this. I am hoping that it is a pretty simple thing, but I cannot seem to find any solutions within the help files. Can anyone advise? Would appreciate some assistance. ...

I want chart source data to be relative references, not absolute.
Everytime I try to enter the chart source data as a relative reference, Excel automatically adds the dollar signs to make the references absolute. I have 12 groups of columns repeating data above the graphs. (The rows and the columns are identical, except for the data entered in the variable cells.) If the cell source data were relative, I could copy the original chart over 11 times and be done. Since it is not, I have to go in each chart and manually edit the source data to adjust the column references. This is a pain. Also, if we delete or add any groups of column data, which we...

How do I link a Visio organizational chart to the database- visio2
I created a Visio organizational chart using microsoft excel. However, I had to rearrange the chart to make it more presentable, and don't know if this had an impact on linking and synchronizing it to the database. I would like to link the shapes on the chart to the database so i can update the database and will be reflected on the chart. I tried going to the add-ons and clicking the database options, but nothing even starts. P.S I did this through the Database wizard. Do I need an OBDC compliant software? Is microsoft excel ok for this? "Devin" wrote: > I crea...

BCM Database Sharing
I want to use a file sharing "server" to share my contact info, which I currently can do using ACT 6.0. I understand this is a V2 feature. When will it be available? And this applies to Publisher how? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:362601c4e15e$e94adef0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I want to use a file sharing "server" to share my contact > info, which I currently can do using ACT 6.0. I > understand this is a V2 feature. When will it be > available? >----...

How to add column(s) that show Yes or No indicating whether that record came from a related table
I had to merge three tables together, and now a request has been made to show (in the merged flat file) in which report the data exists. So I will be adding three columns, and there needs to be a streaming Yes or No in each column, indicating whether the Person's name matches to each file. Is there a way to do this? I am stumped, but mainly b/c I am new to Access and am learning how to connect some of these queries to result in the desired output. Any suggestions would be appreciated. > I had to merge three tables together Why? As in why would you want/need to do that? That is comp...

Convert 1.x access database
I only have access 2000, but the database, when I try to load, Access says it is not possible to convert from 1.x databases. Are there any tools available to convert my old database to a current format? BOFH I did it...thanks to those who are pondering. Is funny tho...the conversion utility fails, but you can import from an old database. heh heh. BOFH "BOFH" <john.hamilton70@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:36h8enF5259hjU1@individual.net... >I only have access 2000, but the database, when I try to load, Access says >it is not possible to convert from 1.x...

Duplicate a chart with relative formulas
If I have several sheets, each with data for a particular year, how can I copy a chart from 1 year to all the others, making sure the data references are to the respective year? Duplicate the sheet that has the chart, then replace the data on the copied sheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On 3/23/2010 9:29 PM, Bobhoe wrote: > If I have several sheets, each with data for a particular year, how can I > copy a chart from 1 year to all the others, making sure the data references > are to the respective year? ...

Headquarters client error " Local and HQ databases are not synchro
Message Headquarters client error “Local and HQ databases are not synchronized – Some worksheets will not be processed Please kindly recommend I have an existing database in SO, HQ will not overwrite data. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0073_01CAF8F0.F7F330B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Phusit, Has this ever worked? Have you run a 101 worksheet? --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3...

Named Range that uses "relative" range
BTW - Excel 2003. I have some data in a table with a column for Jan (column A), Feb (column B), etc. for Sales in Jan, Feb, etc. In the past, I had array formulas that added up each month as needed, using an Array Sum, starting with Jan formula were refer to A$1:A$99. As I copied this formula for Feb, the range I added up was relative, so changed to B$1:B$99, etc. Now I am trying to switch to some cleaner Named Ranges, such as Sales_Jan, Sales_Feb, etc.). My add Array Sum formulas have been changed to use the Named Ranges. Unformtunately, my formula for Jan uses Sales_Jan, wh...

Use of the VERSION field in database
I noticed that there is a field called VERSION in many of the tables. I am assuming that it is the means for tracking the number of times the record has either been touched or viewed. Can someone please clarify this? TIA John On May 28, 10:29 am, "John Cosmas" <johncos...@charter.net> wrote: > I noticed that there is a field called VERSION in many of the tables. I am > assuming that it is the means for tracking the number of times the record > has either been touched or viewed. Can someone please clarify this? > > TIA > John I would guess that vers...

Creating database
Hi All, I have a table that have the following field names ID hours Truck Seal Comments What is the simplest way to create a form where I can add data and at the same time have a form where I can look for data history. Each day, the data on the form needs to be changed to new data, but we need to keep the old data which was entered previously. Also, the form must have a check box in the details section with a YES/ NO data field that will let me know which Truck will be received for the day. On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 15:26:39 -0800 (PST), "Fred's" <frederic10_mess@hotmail.com&g...

database related problem
I am trying to post this message to the database session, but there seems to be a problem for the past few days posting to it. Here is my question: I have a CRecordset class (call it CMyProblem), which I'm using to update an Access table. I am using MoveFirst() to set the pointer to record 1 and am iterating through the table with MoveNext(). Everytime before moving to the next record, I update a text field. After about the third record, I got a 'Multiple rows were updated' message, which I corrected by changing CMyProblem from snapshot to dynaset. I am using the open() member fun...

How do you delete database macro?
Hi, I used the template wizard to create and populate a database automagically. This process created a macro that is NOT visible in the Tools/Macros window. I now want to dis-associate the template from the database but cannot find a way to do so without re-creating the template.... Any help would be appreciated. jan -- jamaz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamaz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16636 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=320227 "jamaz" <jam...

database check?
we have a clustered (A-P) exchange system, exchange 2003 enterprise running on windows 2000 advanced. Just recently I failed over the database to the other node so I could do some updates on the first node and since we've been running on this node outlook 2003 occasionally pops up with connection issues. it was definitely not doing this with the other node of the cluster. the connection issues get resolved right away, but it concerns me. My nightly backups go well. is there an online database check I can do to check the integrity of the database? does anyone have any suggestions about...

How would I do this?
I'm designing a database using ORM in Visio. I'm stuck on what seems like an easy problem but which has stumped me. I have a Category object Category CatId (primary) ParentCategoryId (zero for root) Name Level I also want each Category to have zero or many Related categories. A category cannot be related to itself. so I created RelatedCategory with 2 facts connected to category Facts 1 Each RelatedCategory has Exactly One Category Each Category has Zero or One Relatedcategory Facts 2 (identical to fact 1) Each RelatedCategory has Exactly One Category Each Category has Z...

Opening Access Database file
I am trying to open my access database file on my home computer but i get a message that i will not be able to make changes to it. Is there a way to work around it. By the way i had been using this file with GeoMedia. If any wizard can guide me in the right direction i will be thankful to him or her. Thanks, NED I'm not sure what GeoMedia is, but if you copied the file to your PC from elsewhere, the read-only attribute may be set. Try this ... Using either 'My Computer' or 'Windows Explorer', navigate to the folder that contains your MDB. Right-click the MDB and...

How to insert picture with relative path
Word 2007. When you insert picture with link to graphic file path is absolute by default. It is not convinient when you move doc and picture to other computer. How to edit path? P.S. Word 2003 made relative path. Hi Sevilho, To see how to implement relative paths in Word, check out the solution I've posted at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Sevilho" <Sevilho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DCEEA1C-3426-4AF7-A4DE-5888DC9B9D66@microsoft.com... > Word 200...

Access 2007 related documents
I have an Access2007 database and am storing paths to files in a table. Example: a single customer might have 5 external files that are related to the customer I decide not to store the files themselves in the database in an attachment field for various reasons. Everything seems to work ok I just have one question: To open the file (Note: I do not know what type of file will be in the list), I am using this code: Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" _ Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, _ ByVal lpOperation As String, _ ...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...