Regular expressions to replace escape sequences

I have a string with some escape characters that need to be processed in our
file
Say for example the string might have something like following
<escape V=".sp2" />
step 1:
This has to be replaced to "escape V=".sp2"
step 2:
Later it has to be reversed as original(<escape V=".sp2" />) after some
processing.

We need a soln with respect to regex in C#.

There may may be many instances od this string in the file.so we need to
replace all instances.Please provide a solution

--
Guhan
0

Help: Want to automatically replace files in public folders
I currently have an excel workbook whose data is automatically updated on a daily basis. I would like to automatically replace the old version of this workbook (which resides in a public folder in outlook) with the updated version. Is there a way to do this with a macro or 3rd party app? Thanks! Charles twoz <COWickman@yahoo.com> wrote: > I currently have an excel workbook whose data is automatically updated > on a daily basis. > > I would like to automatically replace the old version of this workbook > (which resides in a public folder in outlook) with the updated ...

Finding and Replacing a "?"
I am trying to find and replace all special characters that are question marks, or ? I can't seem to do a Find and Replace for those char, is thers a special way i have to put that in the find and replace function? Thanks Use ~? Same with ~* (to find an asterisk) and ~~ (to find a ~) Mcobra41 wrote: > > I am trying to find and replace all special characters that are question > marks, or ? I can't seem to do a Find and Replace for those char, is thers a > special way i have to put that in the find and replace function? Thanks -- Dave Peterson Thanks that was ...

outlook express #129
my messages keep getting terminated "unexpectedly"by the provider and usually after at least a half hour after trying to receive messages.any ideas why? "glenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:066f01c3deb5$7f12ef20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > my messages keep getting terminated "unexpectedly"by the > provider and usually after at least a half hour after > trying to receive messages.any ideas why? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a s...

outlook express problem
I have Outlook Express 6 and Office 2000 Professional.My problem is when I open Outlook express I don't see my emails. I have a blue display with a search bar and drop down menu of popular search engines.My emails are there but hidden somewehere and I can email and forward and such but I have to do everything from the tool bar. Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? I am at my wits end adn thinking I have to reinstall outlook express which I don't really want to do. Thanks to anyone with any sort of suggestions. ...

uninstalling SQL 2005 Studio Express and installing SQL 2005 Studi
Hello: I need to install the SQL Server 2005 Management Studio. I have uninstalled SQL Server 2005 Express Edition. But, when I insert the SQL 2005 CD#2 to install the tools, I get that wonderfull ADD_LOCAL error that I see in the Google groups but no solution offered. How do I "truly" get SQL 2005 Studio Express Edition uninstalled so that I can install the SQL 2005 Management Studio? Thanks! childofthe1980s Hi: Nevermind....I figured it out....you have to run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (after installing the utility) in order to remove the Express Studio. c...

Missing Emails in Outlook Express
I opened up my Outlook Express in basket today and opened about 4 emails than Outlook seemed like it hung up. When I finally got back into it, had to restart the computer, 95% of all my in basket was gone, including my new unopened messages. They are not in the deleted basket, even though those I had deleted before the problems were there. Any ideas? Bob In news:O5veDCkBGHA.1088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Bob <rjodoin@stny.rr.com> typed: > I opened up my Outlook Express in basket today and opened about 4 > emails than Outlook seemed like it hung up. When I finally got back &g...

Regular Survey
I know I can do it individually or I could delete the whole survey but I currently have a regular monthly survey which I send out via MOSS which has over 100 responses and I don't want to delete one by one ready for next month. Any ideas? ...

Uninstalling Outlook express #2
How do you uninstall outlook express if it isn't listed on your control panel/add/remove programs list? Depends on the operating system you are running. But either way it's not recommended practise. For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related Ne...

Outlook Express #37
I am trying to copy across my inbox.dbx file from Outlook express to another computer with outlook express so I can retain all of my emails. When, however, I replace the inbox.dbx file from the first computer with the new one I have from the second computer, Outlook Express says: "the folder cannot be displayed. Possible causes are: Low disk space or Low memory" my computer has plenty of HD space and ram. Any ideas on how I can make my emails appear? ...

Importing from Outlook Express #2
How do I import outlook express (dbx file) into Outlook (pst file). Or simply how can I import my email from Outlook Express folder to Outlook folder and view in outlook. Thanks "Worth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:886301c3e9a5$45956480$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How do I import outlook express (dbx file) into Outlook > (pst file). Or simply how can I import my email from > Outlook Express folder to Outlook folder and view in > outlook. > > Thanks have you actually tried File-Import and Export???????? Yes. You can import f...

Outlook Express Won't Re-Open
Thanks in advance for any help . . . Running OE on a new XP notebook. Have re-installed Office twice and downloaded SP1 (etc.), but the following still occurs too frequently - but not consistently: When switching between identities in OE6, the program SOMETIMES will not re-open. The only solution is rebooting, which is a grind. Have searched the Knowledge Base, etc. Computer completely updated via Microsoft website. Any ideas? (The setting in OE6 are checked, too. No reason for this to be happening - and Compaq/HP says it is a software problem and not the machine.) Thanks, Li...

Expressions in Sub headers
Hi there, I'm trying to break down a report by division so that every division (a one to many relationship to suspenses) shows, percentage of overdue suspense, etc. Currently, this is my expression to show the percentage overdue of all the divisions (which I put at the top of my report). =Int((Sum(IIf([Justified?],[CountOfsuspense_id],0))/ Sum([CountOfsuspense_id]))*100) What I'd like to do is put this expression based on the "division_name" into my division name header and therefore show the percentage for each division. Is there a way to do that? Thanks! David On M...

Regular Periodic Reports
I have a Db that records the various projects that I work on throughout my workweek and I want to be able to report to my boss a summary of the types of activities I've done over the course of various lengths of time. Without reverting to a parameter query and typing in date ranges all the time, how can I generate a weekly reporting tool that will cover only the current week, with a heading saying something to the effect of "…for the Week Ending February 2, 2008" as an example? I would like to be able to do the same for the previous week, the current month, the previous m...

Board Regular
Joined: 27 Sep 2005 Posts: 8 Flag: Blank Status: Online how to use the drop down list Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:42:48 -0500 Message-ID: <nader.1w3lia_1127959504.677@excelforum-nospam.com> Organization: ExcelTip User-Agent: ExcelTipForum X-Newsreader: ExcelTipForum X-Originating-IP: 213.178.253.2 how to use the drop down list I got it from -Data | Validation | Settings- and I limite the cells and then the data in the cells show in the list but I dont know how to active with worksheet, and what use the drop down list may example pleas -- nader ------------------------------...

how to i apply my cox email account to outlook express program?
I need help w/ applying my email account to outlook express. I know this sounds weak but I just don't know how to do this "amivna" <amivna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D1E5C0F-FE4B-4E1B-A57C-4670E4ED78EE@microsoft.com... >I need help w/ applying my email account to outlook express. I know this > sounds weak but I just don't know how to do this have you looked on the Cox web site? the page is here: http://www.cox-internet.com/support/email_help.htm there - that wasn't TOO hard, was it? ...

error trying to export messages from Outlook Express 6
I have a new computer and am trying to move my account and messages from the old computer to the new one. I was able to export/import account settings, but have not been able to move the messages I have stored. I tried to use Export Messages, but received the following error message: --The export could not be performed. --An error occurred while initializing MAPI. Any ideas? Cannot seem to find anything about this in the Knowledge Base. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these new...

Outlook Express #101
I'm trying to use Outlook Express and come up with 2 problems. First error message, can not open the Outlokk Express message stores (0x8007000E, 3). When I click OK the next error says, can not styart because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. I'm running Windows XP and this is the first time I have tried to use Outlook Express. I've tried removing and reinstalling it but I get an error back saying that I have the newest version. I also downloaded all up dates with no success. Any ideas??? Thanks Rock In article <080101c3c054$4ddcd5d0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonym...

Is Find and Replace multi-threaded ?
Does Find and Replace take advantage of multiple processor cores in Excel 2007 or 2010 ? If not, I'd suggest adding it in the next version of Excel. - Ronald K. ...

Outlook Express patch
After using Windows Update to download the cummulilative patch my Outlook Express will not send or receive emails. I must restore my computer to get my email to work. If you know how to fix this problem please let me know. In article <0bc401c3bdfc$8d31df50$a001280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |After using Windows Update to download the cummulilative |patch my Outlook Express will not send or receive emails. |I must restore my computer to get my email to work. If |you know how to fix this problem please let me know. | This newsgroup is for support of Ou...

Export from Outlook 2002 on XP to Outlook Express on Vista (diff.
Hi I'm about to get made redundant and would like to export my personal emails from my work pc which is XP and uses Outlook 2002 At home I use Visat and Outlook Express The only info I have found is how to move emails from Outlook to OE on the same pc, but I need to move them to a different pc Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance Move them from Outlook to OE on the same machine and then copy the dbx files from that machine and then import them into the new machine. Just copy the entire dbx directory (located via Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder -- note ...

regular maintenance
We recently started using Great Plains and our VAR didn't do a very good job of training. Is there a list maintenance tasks that need to be performed at regular intervals and how to perform them? -- Rick Rick, Take a look at the SystemAdminGuide (should be on the GP CD if you can't find it in the GP install) - it has a section on Routine Maintenance. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "Rick at ACFB" <RickatACFB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B6C1CE0-5CA4-4277-8E7A-D6EBCFCCDEF4@microsoft.com... > We recently started using Great Plains and ...

Outlook Express and mailto
I have an HTML form that is using the mailto action. When submitting the form, I get a box that pops up and says that a program is attempting to send the following e- mail message on your behalf. It has text boxes that show who the email is going to and the subject. The box for To: is empty while the subject box is populated with the expected subject line. If I have a cc in the mailto line, the To: box has a semicolon in it, but nothing else. How do I get the email to show up in the To: box so that the users know who they are sending an email to? Especially when there is a cc an...

Replace Defaults
I'm sure this is something amazingly simple that I need to change, but I've never come across it before and I can't find it in the Help. Whenever I pull up Replace, Match Case and Match Entire Cell Contents are automatically checked now. How do I change this? Thanks, Rob Never mind. I realized it was only happening when I was using automation, and it was the result of a search & replace done by the automation. Rob "Robert Morley" <rmorley@magma.ca.N0.Freak1n.sparn> wrote in message news:%23vwn2owIIHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm sure th...

why does this regular expression match
Hi! Here I say minimum 1 o and maximum three o but here I have more then three o and this expression give true but it should give false according to me ? bool status = Regex.IsMatch("foooooood", "o{1,3}"); //Tony Tony Johansson wrote: > Hi! > > Here I say minimum 1 o and maximum three o but here I have more then three o > and this expression give true but > it should give false according to me ? > > bool status = Regex.IsMatch("foooooood", "o{1,3}"); > > //Tony > > Because your crit...

Can Outlook 2003 and Outlook Express both be installed and working on the same PC?
I'd like to take a look at Outlook 2003 or 2007, but don't want to goof up my Outlook Express, in case I don't care for Outlook and wish to continue using OE. I have used OE since it's beginning and have many sub folders and mail rules set up. Mary "Mary Fowler Leek" <mleek@arkwest.com> wrote in message news:eteijvLQHHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'd like to take a look at Outlook 2003 or 2007, but don't want to goof up > my Outlook Express, in case I don't care for Outlook and wish to continue > using OE. > > I have us...