Redundant namespace descriptors

Using this target schema:
http://sourcepost.sytes.net/sourcepost/sourceview.aspx?source_id=24480

I generate this xml:
http://sourcepost.sytes.net/sourcepost/sourceview.aspx?source_id=24481 using
the VS editor.

For the boolean attribute 'Selected' in the Answer tags a complete namespace
is redefined xmlns:d3p1="http://tempuri.org/QuizData.xsd."

This seems pretty redundant to me and would lead to some awful code bloat in
a large file. Is there any way to fix this so that I not generating a new
namespace definition in every tag?

redundant SMTP connectors
I have tried to setup 2 oputbound SMTP connectors with diferent costs, in the hope that if the least cost connector failed it would then use the higher cost connector. However this does not happen, and as far as I can gather the higher cost connector will never be used (when there is overlapping address space). I can add multple servers as bridgeheads in one connector to achieve redundancy, but would prefer to have control of a prefered outbound bridgehead and a backup outbound bridgehead. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this with Exchange 2003 SP2. Thanks, Marcus Hey Marcus, ...

Redundant data?
This might be a stupid question but... How do i remove redundant or incoorect data? Also to find trends would you use charts or somthing else? -- Kelly06 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kelly06's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34655 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544213 Kelly06 wrote: > This might be a stupid question but... > How do i remove redundant or incoorect data? The delete key??? > > Also to find trends would you use charts or somthing else? De...

2003 Redundancy
Ok, currently end user is using SBS 2003. We are moving him away from the single server to 2 servers. We are using his current server and a new one with 2003 Standard and Exchange 2003. Not Enterprise, and clustering is not a budget feesable option. I need to ffind some way to keep a copy of the store on the secondary server in case of failure on the primary. It doesn't have to be up to the second, but at least up to the hour would be good. I already have figured for the rest of the file redundancy. Does anyone have any suggestions please? Thanks, Jim This might help you .you have goto...

GPX XML File Namespace without Prefix
Hello All: I am trying to create a GPX File from my domain objects I am able to create the file, but I can properly assign the default namespace to the xml In the Code Below I trying to define the namespace as follows <gpx version="1.1" creator="Garmin Connect" xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1" How Do I Define a NS with out a prefix. I added a attribute to the Root but then the Children got the namespace appended to all the Tags Thanks Stuart /* Source Code */ XNamespace ns = "http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1&...

How to add a namespace prefix to a digital signature #2
I use a code very similar to that found in the MSDN sample attached to the class XmlDsigEnvelopedSignatureTransform. The code works fine and produces somethink like <Signature xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"> <SignedInfo> <CanonicalizationMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315" /> ............. </Signature> But I need the signature to be in a namespace that should be identified by the ds prefix: <ds:Signature xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"> <ds:SignedInfo&g...

Redundant folders?
We just upgraded from old computers running Win2K & Office 2000 to new computers running WinXP and Office 2007. When I went to move my Outlook.pst files, I did a search on the new (WinXP/Office 2007) machines for Outlook.pst and discovererd that they were in: c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings \Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Microsoft\Outlook I was surprised at the "redundant" last two subfolders. On the old (Win2K/Office 2000) machines, the pst files are in the same path except for the last two subfolders: c:\Documents and Settings\Administrat...

Reading USB descriptors w/o a driver installed?
Using the UCView tool in the WinDDK, I can read the USB descriptors of devices that are attached even if I do not have a driver installed for them (show up in Device Manager with yellow exclamation mark). What is the standard way of doing this programatically? I've only ever gotten descriptors using calls into the driver (WinUSB or otherwise). Is it accessible through SetupAPI somehow? I am specifically interested in getting string descriptors, although I assume if I can get the device descriptor, I'll be able to get any available descriptors. Thanks, -- Rya...

SMTP
Is there any way to NOT have to run SMTP on the Exchange server and some how connect internet mail to the Exchange MTA? We had a recent incident where the SMTP service died. It was installed on the same box. no error in system/application log. make a long story short, it appears that it was adversely affected by an upgrade of GFI Mail Security 9.0. My question is: how can I make several SMTP servers outside the exchange box to handle redundant SMTP mail delivery? I don't want to seem like an idiot: But the gist is: Can SMTP be removed from the Exchange box to another and have some...

XPath Query by namespace
I'm trying to find the most efficient way to query specific nodes from an xml document using vb.net. My app will receive various types of xml documents and there are child nodes that will always exist that I need to retrieve data from before processing the whole document. There are several different root elements that can be sent, but within the document there will always be a 'DataAreaToQuery' node. The 'DataAreaToQuery' child node will not always be the first child node off the root; it may be two levels deep. Ultimately what I’m looking for is to get the root e...

Avoiding Redundant Records
It is my understanding that surrogate keys are generally recommended to ensure uniqueness of records. Is it not true that using surrogate keys implies taking extra precautions to prevent duplicate records? I mean, with surrogate keys there is nothing to prevent the proliferation of multiple records all containing the same data, but each having a unique key. I would appreciate your help with this in the following context: AGREEMENTS AgrmtID (PK) InsuredID Agrmt fields… CERTS CertID (PK) AgrmtID ProducerID Cert fields… POLICIES PolicyID (PK) InsuredID PolicyTypeCo...

SelectNodes return all nodes when namespace is defined
I have this Xml file, bookstore.xml <Bookstore xmlns="http://www.book.com"> <Shelve index="1"> <Book name="Da Vinci Code" /> </Shelve> <Shelve index="2"> <Book name="The Holy Grail" /> </Shelve> <Shelve index="3"> <Book name="The Pragmatic Programmer" /> </Shelve> </Bookstore> When I run this code XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); doc.Load(@"c:\temp\bookstore.xml"); XmlNamespaceManager nsm = new X...

default namespace / Xmlvalidatingreader
need some help on following: xml file 1 <TEST xmlns=3D"http://test" > <OK>mlkddflmkj</OK> </TEST> xml file 2 <TEST> <OK>mlkddflmkj</OK> </TEST> at runtime i add the necessary xsd schema's. now, these are files i receive from customer, so i can't change them. When i read in the xml file 1 , it works like, it is validates against the xsd's, and everything works fine. when i read the second one, it doesn't validate, if i make sure the xml file isn't valid, the xmlvalidatingreader doesn't notice i...

Redundant history entries
It seems that on some contacts, emails that are being tracked in CRM will appear more than once in the History. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing that? Thank you in advance, Carrie If the email is CC'ed to a CRM user, it will appear twice. You can disable this by going to settings > Organization settings > System Settings and click on the Email Tracking tab. There's an option "Set whether to exclude emails between CRM users." Set this to 'Yes' -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Carrie" wrote: > It seem...

Cyclic Redundancy Error
How do I open a file that has "Data Error (cyclic redundancy error)." I unsuccessfully tried to copy and import it into Access. Charles ...

Redundancy
Hello all, I am a new exchange server admin. I work for a small firm with about 100 plus users. We presently have two exchane servers but I know that one server could more than handle the load. I there a way that I could put all my users exchange 2003 mailbox on one server and sent of some form of replication whether automatic or a manual process to provide for redundancy should incase one of my servers ever fail. As it is right now if one of the server should go down, half of the firm would be with mail and I think I would better server having some form of redundancy. Any ideas or com...

xpath question with namespace
Hi; If I have the xml: <?xml version="1.0"?> <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> .... What is the xpath in XmlDocument.SelectNodes() to get the root node? I thought it was "/configuration" as the namespace is the default - but that does not work. If I get rid of the xmlns=... then it works fine. What am I missing here? -- thanks - dave david_at_windward_dot_net http://www.windwardreports.com Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm David Thielen wrote: > If I have the xml: > <?...

UK Redundancy
Hi, I have the unpleasant task of calculating redundancies for employees and since the rules have changed to the UK statutory calculations and I'm in need of a new spreadsheet. I have searched the web for such a file in Excel but come up blank - does anyone know where I might be able to download a file? Thanks in advance, Rob Rob Explain what "calculating redundancies for employees" means. Explain it as you would for someone who has no knowledge of your business. Also, what are "the UK statutory calculations"? HTH Otto "Rob" <anonymous@...

Removing namespace declaration on a node
Hello, I believe there is no way to remove the default namespace declaration (For eg <DataSet xmlns="something">.... ) on an XmlNode object directly through DOM. So, what is the best way to remove it 1) XSLT templates? 2) Copy all the contents into a new node and leave out the namespace? Use this node node in lieu of the old one? 3) Some other way? Thanks, Manoj G Manoj G wrote: > I believe there is no way to remove the default namespace declaration (For > eg <DataSet xmlns="something">.... ) on an XmlNode object directly through > DOM. >...

Redundancy Advice
Hi, I'm wanting to create a 2nd Exchange 2k3 server for use at our disaster recovery site. What would be the easiest method of duplicating our main server so should the worse happen we could jump ship to the DR site and connect to the server there? Am i looking at clustering or is there a far more simple method? Thanks Kam Kamerynn What you are looking for is called GeoClustering. For this you should look at 3rd party hardware or software. Although you can do it manually I would not recommend this approach. However, even before this you need a basic data replication methodology...

missing namespace on root element of WCF proxy client
Hi, I have the following class that is exposed as a webservice method parameter parameter . [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeAttribute(Namespace="urn:schemas.sequel.com/ genericImport")] [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRootAttribute(Namespace="urn:schemas.sequel.com/ genericImport", IsNullable=false)] public partial class Schema { private Import importField; /// <remarks/> public Import Import { get { return this.importField; } set { this.importField = value; ...

Redundancy with 2 exchange mx servers?
Hi all, Let's say we have 2 Exchange servers, A & B. (not clustered) All mailboxes are on A. So B is just like a backup server. I'm thinking if the following set up could form a certain level of redundancy for receiving email: 1. We set up A & B in the same organization so they see each other. 2. We set up mx records for both A & B. (high priorty for A) 3. Now if for some reason A is broken down for 1 or 2 days, supposedly all outsiders' email will be directed to B, which is the lower-prioty mx. However B does not contain any of those mailboxes. So my guess is tha...

default namespace and xpath
Hi; I set up my xml as follows: XmlDocument xml = new XmlDocument(); xml.Load(File.Open("data.xml", FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read)); XmlNamespaceManager context = new XmlNamespaceManager(xml.NameTable); context.AddNamespace("", "http://www.test.org"); context.AddNamespace("sns", "http://www.test.org/sub"); XmlNode node = xml.SelectSingleNode("/root", context); Where the xml is: <root xmlns="http://www.test.org" xmlns:sns="http://www.test.org/sub"> <data> ... </data> </r...

Redundant (Cluster) CRM--How to?
We need to build out infrastructure for CRM that is completely HA, in the event of a server failure. We know that we can have 2 DCs and a SQL cluster; however, how can we make the other pieces (CRM, Exch, etc...) HA as well? It this possible? Thanks Malcolm Ferguson Data Return Exchange itself has dedication installation instructions to make it HA, but I'm not sure if the connector to CRM supports failover. CRM itself is an IIS .Net application, and may be made to use failover through manual configuration (Install CRM server to two servers one at a time, pointed to the same CRM dat...

Read XML using VB6 DOM 4.0 with Namespaces
Here is the XML sample <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <nvd xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:rec="http://www.mysite.com" xmlns:cvss="http://myschoolsite.com"> <entry id="01-2345"> <rec:last-modified>2008-09-05T17:34:06</rec:last-modified> <rec:cvss> <cvss:base_metrics> <cvss:score>5.0</cvss:score> <cvss:grade>6th</cvss:grade> </cvss:base_metric...

IMS Redundancy
Hi All, I have an Exchange 5.5 environment with sites located worlwide. In the London sit I have three servers, with one server hosting the IMS. I need to make this more redundant. How can I? I tried installing a second IMS on another server but it prompts saying that one is already installed. Any suggestions Thanks, Mohammed ...