Reading XML file and stripping and then updating the values into the sqldatabase using Stored Procedures

Thanks in Advance

I have a XML file which is read from a .aspx page. I need to read through
all the elements, find the values of them and pass them on to the stored
procedure which updates the sql database.

Here the xml file which has to be read.

<transactions>
	<smssent time="10:30" subsid="12" dest="07951998960"
id="321">SMScontents</smssent>
	<msgtranscribed time="" subsid="12" success="True" length="10"
timetaken="20" bureau="bureau10" agent="agentid"></msgtranscribed>
	<emailsent time="" subid="12"></emailsent>
	<mmssent time="" subid="12" dest="07951998960"
id="123">MMStextcontents</mmssent>
	<vvrecvd time="" subid="12"></vvrecvd>
	<vmrecvd time="" subid="12"></vmrecvd>
	<ussdsent time="" subid="12" dest="07951998960" id="213"></ussdsent>
	<vvnotifysent time="" subid="12"></vvnotifysent>
	<vvcollected time="" subid="12"></vvcollected>
</transactions>

In the above example only the smssent element is filled in.

At any point of time, only 1 element is filled with all the attributes, This
can be found out the time attribute id filled and this is a comman in all
the elements.

Can someone please help me on how the reading must take place. As all the
attribute values are strings. i have to convert to the respective data types
and update in the sql database.

Regards
Sunil.

Sunil Pathi wrote:

> Can someone please help me on how the reading must take place. As all the
> attribute values are strings. i have to convert to the respective data types
> and update in the sql database.

Well, reading XML is too basic task. MSDN has great tutorial "Reading
XML with the XmlReader"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconreadingxmlwithxmlreader.asp

--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, XmlInsider]
http://blog.tkachenko.com

Auto sort dat when updated
I am not a novice with Excell, however I have never written a macro. I have a worksheet that data can be updated on. That data transfers by formula to another worksheet. I want the second worksheet to auto sort when data is updated. I believe I need a macro to do this, but I don't know how to even start. You can sort the data using formulae. There are lots of examples in the archives if you do a Google search, but if you can't find anything that suits then you will need to provide more details of what data you have, how it is organised etc. Pete On Jan 13, 7:36=A0pm, bvander...

Removal of original mailbox store
I have been doing some reorganizing of my mailbox stores and would like to remove the original mailbox store that was created during the original installation because I have moved all of the mailboxes to other mailboxe stores. Is there a way to do this? If I can't remove it, is there a way to safely perform an offline defragmentation of the message store. Thanks for any help you can provide. -- Midwest Muskie On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 06:29:05 -0800, "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been doing some reorganizing of my mailbox stores and would like...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Storing cheque image.
Is it possible to store cheque image in recent versions of Microsoft Money? If yes, then I would like to know which version of the product allows it? In microsoft.public.money, drp2kri wrote: >Is it possible to store cheque image in recent versions of Microsoft Money? >If yes, then I would like to know which version of the product allows it? You would need some other software to create the image, typically at a place on your hard drive. XP and Vista can do that with most new scanners. Money Plus has the ability to keep a pointer to that image, or other file. That pointer is in th...

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

using GP with Cognos
Is it possible to map GP to a reporting tool like Cognos? If so, what would be the easiest way to decipher to the data tables? Thanks for your help. The first thing is to install the SDK from the second CD. You need to explore the disc and look for the tools folder then the SDK folder. When you install the SDK, you will get a new item in your Dynamics program group. You will have access to documentation on data flow. Additionally, within GP you have the resource descriptions off the Tools menu. Richard Whaley has books that can help you, as well. Go to www.accoladespublications....

Value of Less Than Zero to Equal Zero
Hello: I am trying to format my answers in cells of a worksheet. I have an equation that uses addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. This equation has dependent variables in other cells and when these cells are filled in with data, the original equation yields a number. Unfortunately, if one of the cells is not used, there is still a value reported by the original equation. As an example: If B2=((A2*3)+(A3)-1.5) and A2=2 and A3=1, then the result will be equal to 5.5. But if cell A2 does not have a value, the value will report -0.5. Here is the problem. Well, I think I have t...

re: updating values
that works, but i'll need to add a lot of hidden feilds (20+/-)... Is there another way (perhaps more efficient -if not as simple?) ("there's more than one way to skin a cat") thanks inadvance, mark --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Daryl S" <DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79CFD708-34B3-419A-A3F1-CF7050ACDE9F@microsoft.com... > Mark - > > Add the field [PresetOption] to the form. You can set the .visible > property > to FALSE so the user won't see it. Then the code...

Datagridview Combobox Values
Good Afternoon All, I have a datagridview dgv1 that has a combobox column in it. Each row should have an individual item to select from in the combobox. My code displays the same values in all of them. Any help would be great! Here's my code: Dim dsMP As DataSet = New DataSet() Dim intRow As Integer = 0 Dim intRows As Integer = dgvRO.Rows.Count Dim strPartNumber As String = "" Dim dt As DataTable = Nothing Dim dr As DataRow = Nothing For intRow = 0 To intRows - 1 strPartNumber = dgvRO.Rows...

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

Parent / Child Price Updates
Is there an add-on that will update the cost of a "child" item when the "parent" item is purchased? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C705BB.BB763D20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is what already happens! Whenever u do receiving by a parent, the = child cost is updated! This might happen to u if you have more than one item that is assigned = to the same parent item, in this case, the cost of one child only will = be updated, this's a bug that was reso...

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

Max Value
I have a sent worksheets that supply data. HOwever I would like to set up a VLookup that looks by Month and Max Value. For Example Column A is Jan, Feb, March, Feb, Jan, Mar and Column B is 42, 18, 22, 38, 45, 11. I want to look for particular month and highest value in that month How about this: =MAX(IF(A1:A30="Jan",B1:B30)) This is an array formula. Hit ctrl-shift-enter instead of enter. If you do it correctly, excel will wrap curly brackets {} around your formula. (don't type them yourself.) (and adjust the ranges accordingly) Ramon wrote: > > I have a sent wor...

outlook 2000 help file

Chart Stopped Updating
Hi I have a number of DDE links that I use to increment Rows D to I every second, providing me with a method of data logging my DDE Links. I find that my chart works fine up to about 247 rows then stops updating. I have just upgraded from 2003 to 2007 version of Excel. Any ideas. Thanks Alec when you saved into 2007, you keep the old file format or use the new format? if using new, pls make sure you are using xlsm. if you are using the compatibility mode, please check make to make sure you click the security setting to low. "Alectrical" wrote: > Hi ...

Process STORE.EXE (PID=4044). Topology Discovery failed,
Happened twice today, this is the second time. No idea why. A reboot will fix it.. 1( Process STORE.EXE (PID=4044). Topology Discovery failed, error 0xffffffff. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. 2) Process MAD.EXE (PID=3568). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: INSIGHT-PDC.insight.com.sg insight-bdc.insight.com.sg For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. 3) NSPI Proxy can contact Global Catalog INSIGHT- PDC.insight.com.sg but it does not support the NSPI service. After a Domain Contr...

Removing the first "Mailbox Store"
Is there a Q article regarding removal of the first Mailbox Store? I rememebered that this was possible and took a little tinkering to transfer the SA mailbox to another mailbox store. I would like to remove the first mailbox store from the server and leave the three new ones up. If you can help or offer suggestions, that would be great! Thanks, Bob Found the answer... it contains some config information that needs to be moved. Thus, I renamed it. Bob "Bob Christian" <BobChristian@removethis.gmail.com> wrote in message news:OMlBZCzjEHA.4068@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >...

How can I tell if our GP 9.0 is updated to the latest SP and patch
We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, but I'm not sure we are at SP1 or the latest patches have been installed. Is there a way to tell from the versions numbers displayed in the "About Microsoft Dynamics GP" box? Or, maybe asked a different way, if at the latest updates, what should the Dexterity and GP 9.0 version numbers be at? hello, You know if it's Dynamics GP SP1 when you see that: Dynamics GP - 9.00.0259 Dexterity - 9.00.0068.0 rgds, timber On Oct 6, 6:35 am, dcnjoe60 <dcnjo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, bu...

Contact use?
I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below, company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and do not publish his private internet mail address as they do not want customers to contact him directly, the solution suggested is below. create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two addresses, Bill@company.com "@company.com being organisation email address" and Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are addressed to Bill@company.com will fir...

How to force a control to update itself on screen?
This may sound like a very basic question, but I have a loop that runs, and I want to update a CEdit onscreen in each loop iteration. Unfortunately, when I do this in the code the screen is not affected until I get out of the loop. Is there a way to force a screen update? Thanks in advance. If your CEdit control has an ID of IDC_EDIT_BOX, then the following will update the control immediately: CString txt; char moretext[32]; int ival = 8; txt = "Some Stuff" SetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT_BOX, txt); sprintf(moretext,"I've counted to %d", ival); SetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT...

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...

Memory Usage When Playing WMV HD Files
Hi all, When I watch a WMV HD file using WMP11, the file appears to start up and play well until I try to fast forward / jump to another part of the file, then the player just stops and after watching via the task manager, WMP memory usage goes through the roof ie. gigabytes and ultimately the player crashes. Have reinstalled the player, have tried various codecs etc but all appears to be unsuccessful. System is XP based, E6600 cpu with 4gb PC6400 memory and 8800GTS 640mb graphics. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dumb question: what video card d...

To increase the upload file limit ONLY for one site collection
Hi, I have more than 1900 site collections on a web application. I know I can modify the upload file limit thru the CA or directly on the Web config file. However, I do not want to change the setting for all the site collections. I need to be able to change the setting only for a particular site collection. Is there anyway I can add manualy that entry in the web config file. Has anyone tried? Is this possible? Thanks in advance, Antonio ...