Random access to large XML file

Hi,

I need to have random access to the XML document, selecting children may
depend of what parents are and vice versa, need to be able to go from deeper
level back to ancestors etc. So naturally XPath (and XPathDocument and
XPathNavigator) are the tools of choice. The problem is - how to deal with
large files? Entire document has to be loaded in memory and for files over
50Mb "out of memory" error is guaranteed.

Any idea how to have random access to large XML documents?

Thanks,

Yuriy.

0
yuri1 (10)

Yuriy Galanter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to have random access to the XML document, selecting children may
> depend of what parents are and vice versa, need to be able to go from deeper
> level back to ancestors etc. So naturally XPath (and XPathDocument and
> XPathNavigator) are the tools of choice. The problem is - how to deal with
> large files? Entire document has to be loaded in memory and for files over
> 50Mb "out of memory" error is guaranteed.
>
> Any idea how to have random access to large XML documents?

Well, 50 Mb isn't particularly huge document/. XPathDocument should
handle it ok, allocating about 200Mb or RAM.
As an alternative consider using XML data type in SQL Server 2005.

--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCPD]
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog | http://www.XmlLab.Net

access to excel form analysis access 2007
Hello In access 2003 i coould analyse forms in excel but in 2007 the is no function can this still be done! ...

Random
How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? int RandomNumber = (rand() * 0xff) / RAND_MAX; -- Bjarne Nielsen "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:0b6a01c3a84c$5733a890$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? rnd()%0x100; or rnd() & 0xff; Ruben On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:07:13 -0800, "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> wrote: >How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? ...

Report problem with Access 2007
I have a report that I created with Access 2003 that is 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. It worked great in Access 2003, but in Access 2007 it prints the 1st page ok (info centered where I want it), but prints the info on the 2nd page moved to the top of the page (almost like there is no margin). The strange thing is that after the bad 2nd page, all other pages print just fine.?.? The pages selected to print are entered in a range from a query. Thanks WWV ...

simplify a large formula
hi i new to this so don't be to hard on me :) I have to sum several cell whit this formula on it, =(IF(C13=0,0,AC1)+IF(D13=0,0,AC2)+IF(F13=0,0,AC2))*(IF(OR(N13="P",N13="M"),1,0)+IF(OR(O13="P",O13="M"),1,0)+IF(OR(P13="P",P13="M"),1,0)+IF(OR(Q13="P",Q13="M"),1,0)+IF(OR(R13="P",R13="M"),1,0)+IF(OR(S13="P",S13="M"),1,0)+IF(OR(T13="P",T13="M"),1,0)+IF(OR(U13="P",U13="M"),1,0)+IF(OR(V13="P",V13="M"),1,0)+IF(OR(W13=&qu...

No Access to Public Folder #2
Hello, I have a problem with my Exchange 2000, as I just tried to open the Public Folder in the System Manager I got this message: The object is no longer available Press F5 to try again ID No 800040e19 Exchange System Manager I also cannot connect to the mailboxes with Outlook Wb Access What can I do? ...

XSD
Hi all, I defined a XML Schema... so I've a .xsd file. I defined the schema using "default" attribute... for example: <xs:element name="color" type="xs:string" default="red"/> Now, I would like to generate an empty XML file, from the XML Schema. How can I do that? Thanks a lot. Bye -- Stefano Giannone MCP .NET http://www.giasoft.it Stefano wrote: > I defined a XML Schema... so I've a .xsd file. > > I defined the schema using "default" attribute... for example: > <xs:element name="color" typ...

Access 2007 and web services, connecting to data over the internet
Can I use web services with Access 2007 to connect to data over the internet? Is it better to use Sharepoint for this? I don't really understand Sharepoint, despite reading about it a lot, so I don't know if it is a good back end for an Access front end. Are there other preferable ways to connect to data over the internet, like remoting? Desar BillE: You will probably be interested in this: http://blogs.msdn.com/clintcovington/archive/2007/02/20/web-service-discussion-and-sample-book-database-that-uses-amazon-s-web-services.aspx and the follow-up... http://blogs.msdn.com...

Random Numbers not Random
When I create random numbers for an application with the following code, they do not appear to be truely random. Me.RandomNumber = Int(9 * Rnd + 1) ' Random Number 1-9 If I have two users setting side by side, they frequently get the same results when they start up Am I missing somthing? Any help would be appreciated -- Frank Wagner fwagner111@aol.com Frank, Have you tried a Randomize statement just before the RND? That should do it. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job tha...

Inserting a Logo into a Report
I am trying to insert a logo in a Access 2007 report I created. I am using the Logo Icon under the Design tab. The logo looks fine in design view, but when exporting the report to a pdf, the logo becomes fuzzy. I have tried different formats (.tif, jpeg, bmp) and also just directly copying the logo from within photoshop, but no luck. Any tips, tricks or hints would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!! The problem is due to the size of the image(Logo). You can open that Logo in paint and try to make the size smaller. Then use that logo. -- <a href="http://...

Exchange server randomly asking random users to Authenticate randomly...
Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox using Outlook 2003 and the server prompts them for their credentials? If they hit cancel and exit out of Outlook and run it again it lets them into their mailbox. Thank you, Benjamin Pls make sure the outlook 2003 Client does not using Cache mode If is ,pls clearn this option -- Jammy "Benjamin Chan" <bchan[pleasenospam]@controlproductsinc.com> ���g��l��s�D :#BxdizrtEHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox > using Outlo...

blank pst file
Hi all, I had recently changed computers and moved my pst file, which is huge (over a gig) but when I point to it and open it within outlook, only the most recent messages show up. Everything else (95% of my data) is missing even though the file size is still huge. Where is my data??? I think I might have made a mistake when I archived the file on my old computer. I created the archive file but didn't copy it over to my new computer. I thought that since the pst file was still the same size that all my data was still there and that I didn't need the archive file. Anyho...

Save Query Results as table to another Access Database
I have an access database that users use to pull reports (stored procs in sql server) and it paste the data on 4 sheets in excel. Occasionally the reports are too big for excel. I'd like to develop a similar database that saves the results of the 4 stored procs as tables in a new Access database. right now I have it returning the results as a query. How do I save the results in another database? Thanks, -- Billy Rogers Dallas,TX Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003 Hi Billy The following SQL statement should do it for you: SELECT * INTO [TableName] I...

Access on a Mac
Can an Access database be opened on a Mac? Is there a Mac version of Access? James Ivey There is no Mac version of Access (and likely never will be). However, you can use Windows Emulators on the Mac, and run Access in a emulation session. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "James Ivey" <fake@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:eqNK2mHyHHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can an Access database be opened on a Mac? > > Is there a Mac version of Access? > > James Ivey > Thanks Doug. I appreciate your...

Need help on accessing attributes from AD
Hi, We are using the EMDS provider, a third party provider, to read attributes from Quest Active Roles Server(ARS) in our application. And one amongst the attributes in ARS is a milti valued virtual attribute. We have the vb script for accessing the same. but we are unable to convert into ..net equivalent code. Has anyone tried reading the multi valued virtual attributes in .net? Vb Script set objUser = getObject("EDMS://" & user) objUser.GetInfoEx Array("edsvaMDMRole"),0 arrRoles = objUser.getEx("edsvaMDMRole") for each rolevalue in a...

How do I break a linked file
How do I break a linked file. When I go to Edit>Links, I don't see anyway to delete the link. TIA! "Floridagal" <Floridagal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:774815FD-8D43-4C4C-8CDD-0A2F21257162@microsoft.com > How do I break a linked file. When I go to Edit>Links, I don't see > anyway to delete the link. > > TIA! You need the first utility on this page: http://www.acctadv.com/exceldownloads.php When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Floridagal wro...

Form coding access 2003 to 2007
Hello comm I have a code in a form (MS Accees 2003)working perfect. However, if I open the form in Access 2007 the concatenation does not work in the field CodSigCat This the code. Could you tell me what is wrong or new in Access 2007? Many thanks Option Compare Database Option Explicit Function CodSigCat() As String CodSigCat = Me!Prov & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Cant & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Dist & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Bloq & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Sect & "" CodSigCat = CodSi...

Excel 2007 files not opening properly..
I have Office 2007 installed.. the one that doesn't come with Outlook. So, I'm still using Outlook 2003. When I double click an XLS file to open it, Excel opens and the file never opens. I have to goto FILE, OPEN, then hit CANCEL and the file will display. This only happens for Excel. Word 2007 works fine. I have tried to uninstall the software and reinstall it, but it did not fix the problem. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? We have Office 2007 on a few computers and I'm the only one with this problem. I found a fix for the problem, which seemed to...

"554 <name1-name2@bluewin.ch> Relay access denied." Email didn't.
I attempted to email a friend in Switzerland at: "name1-name2@bluewin.ch" (I actually used a hyphenated name rather than name1-name2.) This is a new computer and new email address for my friend. The email was returned as undeliverable with this notation: "554 <name1-name2@bluewin.ch> Relay access denied." What does this mean, and, more importantly, what must I do to successfully transmit email to this address? Thank you. Jim A relay is often presented by an SMTP Gateway that is trying to pass on the message to another Gateway/Mail server. What you want to ...

Flash on Access form
I need some help with flash actvex When I put a swf on access form the animation dont play seamless. The animation runs slow-slow-slow-normal-normal-fast-slow-fast- normal... Like if the fps was inconstant. *Forgive my english On 19 mar, 11:17, Neviton <nevito...@gmail.com> wrote: > I need some help with flash actvex > When I put a swf on access form the animation dont play seamless. > The animation runs slow-slow-slow-normal-normal-fast-slow-fast- > normal... > Like if the fps was inconstant. > > *Forgive my english If Im in a really wrong newsgroup... sorry but....

file has grown
i have an excel 97 file which has suddenly grown from about 800K to nearly 4MB, i don't know why. it is a faily simple file, no formulas, just a big sortable, filterable list really. this is making it cumbersome to use across our WAN. i wonder if it has something to do with recently including a lot of comments? any help to reduce it's size would be appreciated. You may need to look at your files "Used Range." This is the area of each sheet that you have been into, and therefore Excel has to remember the whole sheet, rather than the section you use. I had a file that w...

saving files
Created workbook in Excel 2007 with 4 worksheets and trying to save as an 97 - 2003 workbook. Computer freezes and sometimes an error message appears Compatibility checker that data beyond 256 (IV) columns by 65,536 rows, will not be saved. Any help??? hi if you do have data beyond 256 columns and 65536 row, there is no help. the maximum number of columns in ver2003 to 97 is 256 and the maximum number of rows is 65536. this cannot be increased. regards FSt1 "stacey" wrote: > Created workbook in Excel 2007 with 4 worksheets and trying to save as an 97 ...

Generating Correlated Random Values in Excel
Hi Mike, Thanks so much for your advice. I think that I have it figured out, but can you confirm this for me? I can't afford to screw this up. If mean(inflation) = .031 stdev(inflation) = .047 mean(stock return) = .106 stdev(stock return) = .204 Column Headers: A B C D 1 Z1 Z2 Inflation Stock Return Data Generation Formulas A2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) B2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) C2 =0.031+0.047*A2 D2 =0.106+0.204*(A2*rho+B2*(1-rho^2)^0.5) Are these formulas correct to generate the random data? Particularly cell D2. Does this give me a complete value that t...

access from excel
This is probably an easy one for you guys, whats the best way of converting an excel wordsheet to an access file. Theres a fair amount of data too much to do line by line. I assumed even at worst case I could cut and paste a few columns at a time but access tries to put the entire clipboard into one cell. Is there any way around this? Thanks Kevin. Hi Kevin, There are various possible complications depending just what's in the worksheet but the first thing to try is importing the worksheet with Access's File|Get External Data|Import... command. On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 06:...

Displaying Image(RGB888 data ) (buffered data ,not from file) on a Dialog box
Hi, I want to Display the Picture on a dialog box I have the Image(RGB888) data Which is taken from the driver I want to display it on the window I tried with CreateBitmap(320,240,1,24,NULL); but it is not working How can i proceed Thanks See if this will help http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_Q94326.aspx#appliesto AliR. <darshan.tapdia@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155227161.797014.51780@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > I want to Display the Picture on a dialog box > > I have the Image(RGB888) data Which is taken from the driver > > I want ...

Access 2003 Reports
How could I display a graphic image depending on a yes/no field value in a report? "AccessInfant" <AccessInfant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E736F5FD-A225-4794-AEED-2C44E616ED06@microsoft.com... > How could I display a graphic image depending on a yes/no field value in a > report? In the Format event of the whatever report section contains the image control, set the image control's Visible property based on the value of the yes/no field: Me.imgControl.Visible = Me.chkYesNo (to make the image visible if the checkbox is checked). Carl Ra...