Quick DTD syntax question

I have a dtd with the declaration:
<!ELEMENT BDD (BSR, (AccountX | Agreement | Delivery | DET | Invoice | Part
| Party | PartPres | PriceList)*)>

Do I understand this correctly?  Given that asterix at the end of the 'OR'
list, this means that a properly formed XML must have:
1) A BDD element
2) Within the BDD, a BSR element
3) And finally, (also within the BDD) any number of instances of one or more
elements from the 'OR' list, or none at all?

(And if there were no asterix at the end of that 'OR' list, there would have
to be one and only one copy of only one of those elements?)
0
BChernick (20)

B. Chernick wrote:
> I have a dtd with the declaration:
> <!ELEMENT BDD (BSR, (AccountX | Agreement | Delivery | DET | Invoice | Part
> | Party | PartPres | PriceList)*)>
>
> Do I understand this correctly?  Given that asterix at the end of the 'OR'
> list, this means that a properly formed XML must have:
> 1) A BDD element
> 2) Within the BDD, a BSR element
> 3) And finally, (also within the BDD) any number of instances of one or more
> elements from the 'OR' list, or none at all?
>
> (And if there were no asterix at the end of that 'OR' list, there would have
> to be one and only one copy of only one of those elements?)

I think you have that correctly, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/#sec-element-content for the formal definition.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

PERSONAL.xls question
How can I stop my PERSONAL.xls workbook from popping up first when I open an Excel application (this bugging the $#it out of me). Thx! Hi Remove it from XLStart folder (Probably C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart\, but it depends) Arvi Laanemets "coop" <sir.gcooper@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145642902.354748.228680@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > How can I stop my PERSONAL.xls workbook from popping up first when I > open an Excel application (this bugging the $#it out of me). Thx! > Do you really want it to not open or do you just want i...

Check Box Question
How do I achieve the following? If cell D10 has anything of any value in it I would like cell D5 to display a result of ‘X’ however if cell D10 is blank then I would like cell D5 to remain blank. The 'X' is actually be an 'X' Thanks Try this entered in D5: =IF(D10="","","X") -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Ksean" <Ksean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4DBEFA1-4AEF-41AF-90AF-6B8E29349BCB@microsoft.com... > How do I achieve the following? > > If cell D10 has anything of any val...

Error 3075 Syntax Error
I am getting eror 3075 saying there is a syntax error. I just can't spot the mistate. Can anyone help? Here the code behind the form's Before Insert event. Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) 'Check for duplicate records Dim strCriteria As String strCriteria = "[ProductName]= """ & [Forms]![Products]![ProductName] & """" strCriteria = strCriteria & " Or [Code]= """ & [Forms]![Products]![Code] & """" strCriteria = strCriteria &...

Chart question
I am trying to make a chart that shows 2009 numbers versus 2008 numbers and here is my issue: I have 4 cities Chicago(A1), Dallas(A2), Detroit(A3), and Los Angeles(A4) that I have for 2008 and 2009 but I added 2 cities for 2009. Is there a way to do a vlookup to pull the data for the chart or do I have to set up the data sheets the same way...I tried to make this short so sorry if its not enough info, just let me know if I can clear something up. Thanks in advance You should put your new cities in A5 and A6 (just their names --- <grin>) In B5 and B6 enter =NA() which wil...

Copying certain column information quickly
As you know in Excel you could quickly copy the information you needed with a drag of the mouse. Because I need information copied repeatedly and easily for my access unfirmiliar co workers. Example JOB CUSTOMER QUOTE # A B1 110701 A(copied) A2 110701 (copied) A(copied) C4 110701 (copied) How do I do this quickly and efficiently for the computer challenged. Sorry, Access is a database, not a spreadsheet, and can't be used like one. You can write some code to select the rows that you want to ...

A few questions
Hi, I am trying to automate a few tasks at work and would like to get Excel to do a few different things. I am new to excel programming, so if someone could just give me a shove in the right direction I'd appreciate it. When we open a workbook I would like to always have it open to a "Main Menu" area. Then I would like to be able to choose "P" for payroll and the correct sheet would open. I also would like to be able to automate inserting a blank payroll sheet into the active sheet. So I think it would go like this... I would finish with this weeks data entry are...

question on reassigning account
When we reassign account, the new owner gets ownership of all the open items underneath the accounts. (For example, the Cases for the account!). Is there a way to change the ownership for accounts without affecting the ownership of the child records? There isn't any way to avoid this in the current version. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "smitzer" wrote: > When we reassign account, the new owner gets ownership of all the open items > underneath the accounts. (For example, the Cases for the account!). Is there > a way to change the ownership for...

lookup question
I am having trouble figuring out how to look something up in a list based on conditions. For example I have: Store # State Open Date 1 ND 1/2/03 2 SD 2/4/03 in a list with approx 350 records which all have this same info. I need to create another table that shows which stores opened in which state in each month. So, I need to say if the open date is in January (or between Jan 1 & Jan 31) & the state is ND then I need the cell the formula is in to read 1. Basically if the op...

Quick help with excel formula
Ok, i need a forumla. this is what I want, i have two columns like this Time Start: ............. Time Finish: ............ I fill out these two columns like this Time Start: ...17:42... Time Finish: ...18:25.. Now i have another Column that says Training Length: ........ I want this to work out the time between 17:42 and 18:25 Any one help pleas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi simply =A2-A1 and format as time If your training time can span midnight use the formula =A2-A1+(A2<A1) >-----Original Message----- >Ok, i need a forumla. > >this is what ...

Event Sounds Question
I assign wav files to system events. Certain ones won't play when when I assign it to the Windows Logon event. It previews fine and plays in Windows Media Player I thought the length was the problem 'cause these wav files are 22 and 24 seconds but I assigned a wav file to the Windows Logon that is 30 seconds and it plays fine. Although the length does have an impact. Any ideas?? James ...

Quick Question
I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2010? Michael On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:59:26 +0000 (UTC), Rev. Michael L. Burns <sdbpastor@charter.bet> wrote: > >I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently >set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a >way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2...

License Question
I know a user needs a license to the Sales module to see it in CRM client, but does a user need a Sales License to use CRM Sales For Outlook? Or will just a standard license do? Anybody know? From what I have read in the IG the license you pruchase for the Sales (or Customer Service) module will entitle you to use both the web browser interface and/or the Outlook client interface with no additional cost. Panayiotis On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:01:10 -0700, Heather Bain <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know a user needs a license to the Sales module to see it in CRM cl...

Is there a quick way to...
highlighting only the odd or even numbered rows? Thanks. Something like this should do: Sub banding() ActiveSheet.Range("A65536").Select Selection.End(xlUp).Select lastrow = ActiveCell.Row Range("A6:AK" & lastrow).Select Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone 'Change rownum to the the first row number where data occurs rownum = 6 For i = 1 To (lastrow - rownum) Step 2 Range("B" & rownum + i & ":AK" & rownum + i).Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 15 .Pattern = xlSolid End With ...

Clipboard question... CF_...what?
Hi, I understand this information is all out there, but it's all a bit confusing and I never know for sure when I read about it... I had a non-Unicode application and copied/pasted to/from the clipboard through CF_TEXT which went all fine. Now I moved to Unicode and need to update my copy/paste routines. I implemented copy and paste for CF_UNICODETEXT. But I have some questions: 1. When I look in the DataObject Viewer I sometimes see only CF_OEMTEXT and CF_TEXT on the clipboard (depending what the source was), but when I paste this contents in my application, I handle it through GetCl...

Newbi MFC Dialog question
Lets say I have dialog A. On dialog A, I have a button that opens Dialog B. I want to be able to set the control values of a combo box of values from Dialog A. I tried setting them before the doModal(), but I keep getting assertion errors. emailDLG dlg; CComboBox* test = (CComboBox*)dlg.GetDlgItem(IDC_TESTBOX); test->AddString("test1"): test->AddString("test2"): if (dlg.DoModal() !=IDCANCEL) { .. .... ...... Thanks in advance! Scott Hi, First, your probably not familiar with Control variables. http://www.flounder.com/getdlgitem.htm I have not used GetDlgI...

Quick campaign- change to all quick campaigns
Does any one know how to set the following to default. In the quick campaign view, change 'my quick campaigns' to 'all quick campaigns' Cheers Sid ...

Quick Part
When i add a new custom field E.g {DOCPROPERTY "Transaction Comments" }to my document (Type: Text) there is a restriction to 255 characters. Is there any way to increase this? Or is this a M/S word restriction that cannot be changed? Catherine wrote: > When i add a new custom field E.g {DOCPROPERTY "Transaction > Comments" }to my document (Type: Text) there is a restriction to 255 > characters. > Is there any way to increase this? Or is this a M/S word restriction > that cannot be changed? It is a restriction that can't be changed. I d...

Formula Question? #2
Hello All, I am cuurently using this expression to count "Job" in an array. =COUNTIF(Database!K4:K15000,"Job") What I am looking for is a way to find this in a string of possible answers This answer may have "Job" ,but not the first in a line of possible answer ex: "Gui Job Run Exp" / "Run Exp Gui Job"/ etc... I've tried using "*" to find any "Job" in the array, but I thnk that the formula is looking at the first part of the answer only. Is there any other way of doing this without typing every possbile comb with &q...

Time Series Question
I have a line graph depicting product tests over a 2 week period. The Y axis are the results ranging from -10 to +10. The X axis is timescale. The problem I have is that the timescale only allows days, months and years. What I actually need is the x axis to breakdown into hours as multiple tests take place each hour. Is there any way that such can be accomplished in Excel? Regards Daz Use an XY chart, not what is confusing called a line chart. You can then set the X axis increment in Excel's time format. -- David Biddulph "news.microsoft.com" <Post2Group@Only....

CSplitterWnd questions
I would like to integrate a CSplitterWnd into my existing application. I have a window derived from CFormView containing two CListCtrl objects. I would like to place a CSplitterWnd horizontally between the two CListCtrl objects. All of the samples I can find for CSplitterWnd show the splitter being placed in a CMainFrame. Is there any way to place the CSplitterWnd in a CFormView? What would I have to change to get a CSplitterWnd between the two CListCtrl's on a CFormView? Thank you. CSplitterWnd wasn't designed for that. Take a look at these instead: http://www.codeproje...

Second pair of eyes to spot syntax error?
Hi, I need a second pair of eyes to glance over this statement because I cannot spot the syntax error in it. The data is being saved into a table called Calldata which has the following field definitions: ANumber Text(30) StartDate Text(15) StartTime Text(10) Duration Number(Decimal) Value Currency DestCode Text(10) BNumber Text(30) Dim ANumber As String Dim BNumber As String Dim DestCode As String Dim StartDate As String Dim StartTime As String Dim DurMins As Single Dim Value As Currency Dim Comma As String Dim DblQuote As String Dim SglQuo...

Conditional Formatting Question #7
I want to use a formala to conditionally format cell E1 to highlight with a green background if cell A4=C4 and Cell B4<D4 how can this be done? Rollin --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Rollin select cell E1, choose format / conditional formatting choose formula is type =AND(A4=C4,B4<D4) click on the format button - set your format, click OK twice hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Rollin_Again >" <<Rollin_Again.1coop2@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Rollin_Again.1coop2@excelforum-nospam.com... > I want to use a formala to...

Quick Links Copy
Is there any way to copy Quick Links from one GP 10 user to another? Rich, I assume by "quick links" you are referring to the items on the user's Shortcut Bar. If this is correct, you can run the following query: INSERT INTO [DYNAMICS].[dbo].[SY01990] ([ScbGroupType] ,[ScbOwnerID] ,[ScbNodeID] ,[ScbParentNodeID] ,[ScbShortcutType] ,[ScbSubType] ,[ScbDisplayName] ,[ScbShortcutKey] ,[ScbTargetStringOne] ,[ScbTargetStringTwo] ,[ScbTargetStringThree] ...

Question about installing the CRM-Exchange E-mail Router on Exchange server with Mail Essentials anti-spammer installed
Getting ready to install the CRM-Exchange e-mail router on my Exchange 2000 Server. We also happen to have the Mail Essentials Anti-Spam software installed on this exchange server. Does anyone know of any negative interactions or anything I need to be aware of before installing the E-mail router? Thanks for the response! -Dave Vandenberghe dave@global-image.com We too are using third-party anti-spam software on our Exchange 2K server and it hasn't had any conflict with the Email Router for CRM. -Gary "Dave Vandenberghe" <dave@global-image.com> wrote in message ne...

General Novice Questions (Protection, Format)
I have created a spreadsheet and have restricted a row and footing row (totals) from being changed by using the "format cells / protection" feature. I have left all the data entry rows unprotected so that the entry people can make changes. These entry rows have columns with specfics formats like Date, Currency, etc and I make it all look nice with the grid feature. Finally, I set "Tools /Protection/ Protect sheet" to active the protected cells. The problem is how can the user Insert new rows? To get around this, I created enough rows so that the user has the space they n...