In the textbook, there is a sentence that "Default XML
namespaces(xmlns="...") helps a lot, but can also create problems, as a side
effect of the rules for automatic qualification. How to understand "automatic
qualification" here? Could you please give me an example? Secondly, unless
otherwise specified, a schema prescribes that loal elements and attributes
must be "unqualified". What does "unqualified" mean? Could you please giv eme
an example? Finnaly, could you please tell me what's purpose of using these
two things? Thanks a lot!

VC7.1 unqualified use of max in cstringt.h
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C4D217.6BA82940 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable #defin'ing NOMINMAX causes compilation error: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET = 2003\Vc7\atlmfc\include\cstringt.h(1265) : error C3861: 'max': = identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup This header should #include <algorithm> and qualify with std:: Does any one know if this is corrected in VC8? Thanks, Jeff ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C4D217.6BA82940 C...

Serializing Class with Unqualified Root Element and Default Namespace attribute
I'm trying to serialize (using XmlSerializer.Serialize) a class that I generated from an XSD schema using XSD.EXE /c. The problem I'm running into is that the root element needs to be unqualified, and the default namespace needs to be included on it as an attribute. The schema I'm using is this: <xs:schema xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:xs="http://www...

Covert a document with Qualified elements to Unqualified Elements
Hi, What kind of XML jugglery will permit me to covert a XML Document with "Qualified" elements into an XML document without Qualified Elements. eg: The source document is something like <ns0:baseelement xmlns:"http://schemas.myorg.com/solutions/yabadaba"> <ns0:record1> <ns0:nelement1>value</ns0:nelement1> ... ... </ns0:record1> ... ... </ns0:baseelement> to something like <baseelement xmlns:"http://schemas.myorg.com/solutions/yabadaba"> <record1> <nelement...

Parsing with unqualified Namespace
I am both producing and parsing an xml document that needs to be validated against a schema. I wanted some consumers of the document to have the option of not performing a validation, so I left the nodes in the instance unqualified. An example of the document is below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <filingreceipt xmlns="http://www.disclosureusa.org/filingreceipt.xsd"> <cpofilingnumber>TX2004043037501</cpofilingnumber> <receiptdate>2004-05-01T16:54:21</receiptdate> <zipfilebytes>95137</zipfilebytes> <rec...

View Running Slow w/ Unqualified Order By
Suppose I have a view named "Stuff". When selecting from the the view like this, select * from stuff order by Id the query runs very slow. However when I qualify the Id column with one of the aliases in the underlying query of the view like this select * from stuff order by s.Id the query runs 10-12 times faster. Why is that? Cheers, Aeden Hi I think that it because of SQL Server does not need to get to the datapages ('touching' the table) to return the data (RID) but traverse trou the index pages to to get the data (the column ID to satisfy...