Q: formatting XmlWriter output ?

------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01C90979.07DB38B0

hi
is it possible to make XmlWriter output with formatting like below ?=20

I have gotten it working mostly (with XmlWriterSetting.Indent=3Dtrue). =
However, I can not find a way to make ">" or "/>" into a new line. MS =
vcproj file seems to be in below format, so it should be possible ?

<element1
     Attr1=3D""

     <element2>
          Attr2=3D""
          />
</element1>

thanks !=20

------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01C90979.07DB38B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff><TR><TD colspan=3D"2">hi<BR>is it possible to =
make XmlWriter=20
output with formatting like below ? <BR><BR>I have gotten it working =
mostly=20
(with XmlWriterSetting.Indent=3Dtrue). However, I can not find a way to =
make=20
"&gt;" or "/&gt;" into a new line. MS vcproj file seems to be in below =
format,=20
so it should be possible =
?<BR><BR><BR>&lt;element1<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Attr1=3D""<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&lt;element2&gt;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Attr2=3D""<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
/&gt;<BR>&lt;/element1&gt;<BR><BR>thanks ! <BR></TD></TR><TR=20
style=3D"VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle"><TD class=3DFrm_MsgFt></TD></TR>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01C90979.07DB38B0--

0
jojo665 (1)

Mikey_L wrote:
> hi
> is it possible to make XmlWriter output with formatting like below ?
>
> I have gotten it working mostly (with XmlWriterSetting.Indent=true).
> However, I can not find a way to make ">" or "/>" into a new line. MS
> vcproj file seems to be in below format, so it should be possible ?
>

> <element1
>      Attr1=""
>      >
>      <element2>
>           Attr2=""
>           />
> </element1>

The NewLineOnAttributes setting
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.xmlwritersettings.newlineonattributes.aspx
should help to put each attribute on a new line but I don't think that
helps to put '>' and '/>' on a new line too. To achieve that you would
need your own custom XmlWriter implementation.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

=?Utf-8?Q?Hvordan_=C3=A5bnes_en_csv-fil_i_excel?= =?Utf-8?Q?_2007_=28Office_til_hjemmet_og_stu?= =?Utf-8?Q?di?=
Mit blodtryksapparat leverer data i form af en csv-fil. I min tidligere udgave af Excel (2000) gav det ikke problemer (heller ikke i OpenOffice); men i Excel 2007 åbnes filen i én kolonne - dvs. jeg får ikke oplysningerne fordelt ud i regnearket, så de kan bruges til beregninger af fx gennemsnit. Davs JCTC! Klikk på "Data" Velg ikonet "Fra Tekst" på venstresiden. Du må finne frem til .csv-filen på harddisken. En Wizard som kalles "Text import wizard" kommer frem. Velg "Delimited" og trykk neste. Velg "C...

Conditional Formatting: Fill Cell if Formula Overwritten
Dear all, Cell A1 contains a formula. How would I go about conditonally formatting A1 such that the cell will be filled if the formula is overwritten by a hard number? Thanks in advance, Neil Any reason not to lock the cell and use worksheet protection to keep people from accidentally overtyping the formula? Here's one option, I'm sure there will be others. Start in your cell of concern (lets use A1), it has a formula in it such as =A2+B3 In another cell somewhere put in the same formula, but subtract 1 from the result as: =A2+B3-1 Let's say that ...

Formating outline numbers and captions with chapter numbers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Greetings I am trying to write a dissertation with Word, a task it seems completely unable to do. The format requirements of the institution demand that there be a chapter heading and below that a chapter title. For some odd reason, if you do not include text on the same line as the chapter heading then the chapter number in the caption will always be zero. Furthermore, the table of contents index includes both the chapter heading and the title (because they are basically Heading1-styled objects) and there doesn't s...

q-q plots
I originally posted this in the excel.misc group but received no replies. I then found this group and it makes more sense to post here (I hope)... Is there anyone who can tell me please how to make quantile-quantile plots in excel? I have two sets of data (one with 500 records, one with 300) and I want to make a q-q plot of them. I am not sure how to handle data sets that do not have equal numbers of records. Thanks Chris Inquirer, Here's a site that might help. It notes that the sample sizes do not need to be the same: http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/eda/section3/qqplot.ht...

Custom formatting
Custom formatting issue: I am trying to recreate custom formatting created by a client in a Quattro Pro file but I can't quite get it, any assistance would be appreciated. I have 2 cells which the client enters a value in one or the other, these are multiplier or divisor values which affect how the final account is calculated. Multiplier - formatted as " N9.0' x' " in Quattro Pro. Therefore if I enter 5 in the multiplier cell, it displays as 5.0 x and other cell values are multiplied by 5. Divisor - formatted as N'1/'9' x' in Quattro Pro. Therefore i...

Modifying cell entries when changing format
I'm trying to alter a column of the format "1/12/2007 9:07:00 AM" to format "1/12/2007" - that is, so that only the date shows up. When I do this, I also would like to get the data to take on this actual form (rather than just showing up this way in the cell, but remaining in the old format ("1/12/2007 9:07:00 AM"). I tried certain wildcards in Find/Replace, but have been unsuccessful. Thus far, all I've been able to do is Find "1/12/2007*" and Replace with "1/12/2007." However, that requires me to go date by date, and I have ...

Formating rows and columns
Is there an easier way to format columns, to total 4 columns over a 30 row span? I need to create a cost tracking system to analyze cost vs: budget over a 30 day period containing four items; Material, Labor, Equipment, and Contingency. Having to format the" total" columns for each row is very time consuming. You have four columns of numbers Lets say the first row is B2,C2,D2 and E2 In F2 type =SUM(B2:E2) or use the AutoSum tool (Greek symbol bit like E) Click on F2 and look in its lower right corner - small black square is called "fill handle" Either drag this dow...

Another Synchornizing Subforms Q
Okay I have a main form with 2 continous subforms. Subform1 - sbfmClientSearch with a wildcard search by client field. I type "Toy" I get every client that contains this text. I placed a check box so I can select the exact client I want to see details in Subform2. Subform2 - sbfmCustDetail I'm still struggling with the check box and linking the master/child fields. Is this possible? Any suggestions. Create an invisible (visible for testing) TextBox on the MainForm. Set the ControlSource to SubFormControl1Name.FORM.IDControlOnThisForm The ID should be availabl...

Pasting conditional cell formatting onto other cells
Suppose you have a matrix of cells, say in C11:D12 for simplicity, upon which you have imposed a conditional formatting scheme, so that, for example, cell C11 is shaded yellow and D12 is shaded cyan. Also suppose that the matrix in C11:D12 was derived from a matrix in A1:B2. Is there a simple way to impose the shading in the C11:D12 matrix onto the matrix in A1:B2, even though the conditional formatting imposed on C11:D12 is not applicable to A1:B2? Example: Here is C11:D12: 0.76 0.98 0.99 0.22 We impose on this matrix the conditional formatting scheme that all values between 0.50 an...

=?Utf-8?Q?Identify_Label_=E2=80=94_More_than_one_c?= =?Utf-8?Q?ell_with_label?=
I have a user who gets this dialog whenever she tries to modify a formula. She wants to multiply an existing formula by the value that is in cell AV5. However, when she activates the formula bar, then types an asterisk and an A (intending, obviously, to continue to type "...V5", the Identify Label dialog immediately pops up and says there is more than one cell with this label. It shows an "a" (without the quotes). It asks the user to select the cell containing the label to use. If she types in AV5, she gets a message saying "That cell does not contain a vali...

Format Cells?
Hello, Not sure if this is the easiest way to do this but I am wanting to create a series of cells A1 10.0.0 A2 10.0.1 A3 10.0.2 Etc. A14 10.0.15 A15 10.1.0 A16 10.1.1 A17 10.1.2 Etc. Is there an easy method of doing this perhaps with a Format function or will I have to create a sum to work out the last cell plus .0.1? Any help is appreciated. Andrew. Give this a try in any starting cell, eg in A1: =10&"."&INT((ROWS($1:1)-1)/16)&"."&MOD(ROWS($1:1)-1,16) Copy down -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "@Homeonthe...

Q-q plot in Excel
Hi there, Just wondering if there's any way you can graph a quantile quantile plot in Excel? Any help is appreciated alohomora1234 - > Hi there, Just wondering if there's any way you can graph a quantile > quantile plot in Excel? Any help is appreciated < There's a somewhat-related approach in this five-page paper that might give you some ideas: http://www.usfca.edu/~middleton/demand.pdf The first few pages discuss some perhaps-relevant Excel features. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Format window reset location
How do you reset the window locations in word so that they return to the default setting. my professor has moved hers to the edge of the screen so that you cant really grab it with the mouse. thanks, See this page from J.E. McGimpsey for advice: <http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/formattingpalettegone.html> On 6/14/06 12:26 AM, in article 1150262807.021241.211750@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "pmoriartyphoenix@gmail.com" <pmoriartyphoenix@gmail.com> wrote: > How do you reset the window locations in word so that they return to > the default setting. my ...

Conditional Formatting
I have created my own conditional formating. Condition 1 Cell value is greater than =$F$14, colour red Condition 2 Cell Value is greater than =$G$14, colour orange Condition 3 Cell Value is equal to 0, colour blue I want to apply this to the entire Q column so that it applies to all: Condition 1 Cell value is greater than =$F$15, colour red Condition 2 Cell Value is greater than =$G$15, colour orange Condition 3 Cell Value is equal to 0, colour blue At the moment all of column Q is looking for F14 and G14? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Neil. ...

Custom Formatting (# x 1000)
I want numbers to show up without the 1000's, but have the real numbers entered... I have some references to build on, but when I try to modify them to my need, I get an undesired result. What I want: -$100,000 would show as $(100) $100,000 would show as $100 What I have that works: $#,###, truncates positive numbers as shown above. The specific instance I need help with is this custom format (inherited & modified based on the working ref above) _($* #,###,);_($* (#,###,);_($* "-"??);_(@) -100,000 shows as $(100) 100,000 shows as $100) I would like to ...

Cell formats
Please can someone help me. I have just purchased a netbook, with Windows XP operating system. Have loaded my Office 2003. Excel works fine, excpet for one thing. I cannot colour or pattern cells. Format/cells/pattern, define the cell colour, or the pattern, or both, enter. On spreadsheet nothing happens, no colour, no pattern for the cell. Strangely, in print preview it is coloured/patterned! But not on the sheet itself. Have loaded Office 2007, same problem with Excel. And also in Powerpoint, colour the text, nothing happens, it remains black. But on the slide show, ...

New Install Q
Since this group is near extinction here, I thought I would ask my final question... I finally bought a new boxed version of money deluxe on EBay. My online updating will expire soon. Is there an easy way to upgrade my license from the newly purchased disc or do I need to reinstall? Thanks for any reply & thanks for all the past help. Scott In microsoft.public.money, ScottW wrote: >Since this group is near extinction here, I thought I would ask my final >question... http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/threads will be available. >I finally b...

Force English formatting
I have an application used by both English and European clients. This is significant because often when European clients are entering Data into the TextBoxes, they will accidentally enter it in the format that they are used to: 1,000.00 in EU formatting = 1.000,00. This of course screws up my whole application. How should I go about safe-guarding this from happening? More Info: What I'm looking for is not a way to safe-guard entering the info in the TxtBox wrong, but more of a way to convert it if it is sitting in the cell wrong upon Worksheet Open... Some European clients enter d...

format/picture in email

=?Utf-8?Q?Can_I_Change_to_foreign_currency?= =?Utf-8?Q?_in_Microsoft_Dynamics_=E2=80=93_POS_2.0?= =?Utf-8?Q?=3F?=
Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to know if it is possible to change the default US dollar currency? Also if it is possible to add three decimal places for selling price? Thanks in advance As a US only release, POS 2.0 doesn't support changing the default currency. Three decimal price is supported as an item option. - Jeff "Ba6a6y" <Ba6a6y@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1027D294-80EB-4C27-8FAD-42B8CF38801A@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to > know ...

Disabling Styles and Formatting
Is there a way using VBA to create a macro that will disable the Styles an Formating toolbar and button to access it. This macro will do it: Sub DisableFormattingToolbar() CommandBars("Formatting").Enabled = False End Sub You may have to set it to happen when the workbook opens, if you want this to happen when a user opens the book. tj "Nick Miller" wrote: > Is there a way using VBA to create a macro that will disable the Styles an > Formating toolbar and button to access it. ...

=?Utf-8?Q?De_que_forma_puedo_colocar_auten?= =?Utf-8?Q?ticaci=C3=B3n_sobre_los_buzones_cuand?= =?Utf-8?Q?o_se_crea_un_perfil_nuevo_desde_?= =?Utf-8?Q?su_creaci=C3=B3n=3F?=
Cualqueir usuario que conozca el nombre del correo y la lista de usuarios puede crear un perfil nuevo y abrir el outlook con el buzón de cualquier usuario, de que forma puedo colocar autenticación para la creación de perfiles en los usuarios. ...

Change Suppliers Barcode Format
We are using the 3 of 9 barcode format with all of our products and all labels have been scanning great. However we recently got a company in that when we create the Item Lookup Code it has Uppercase, Lowercase, and Spaces. So when we printed off Labels for inventory control they did not scan right. I quickly came to the conclusion that I need to be using the 128b barcode format for this company. Since all other suppliers are scanning good I was thinking of just running an SQL Query for just the specific company that is having the problem. I know that this statement UPDATE Item SET Ba...

Cell Formats & Hiding
Hi I have a worksheet I use frequently, where some cells have zero values. For presentation's sake, I hide rows where the value is zero, and this I do manually. The zero vales can and do change. How do I write a macro to hide cells with zero values? TIA GDS "Let's roll!" Give this a try: Sub HideZeroRows() Dim r As Range, nLastRow As Long, r2 As Range Dim n1 As Long, n2 As Long Dim f As WorksheetFunction Set f = Application.WorksheetFunction Set r = ActiveSheet.UsedRange nLastRow = r.Rows.Count + r.Row - 1 Cells.EntireRow.Hidden = False For...

Formatting a big rectangel of cells
When I export a report to Excel from my C3 application all fields with digits is formatted as text. You can then mark all fields formatted as text, right click and in the menu convert them til digits, BUT My report I export to Excel is "Sales of all products distributed on months" and sometimes a product is not sold in a month and then this particular cell is not formatted - and with such cells all over the report it's a bit hard to "convert to digits" because you CAN NOT just mark, right click and then convert, because of the cells with no "digits" i...