populate dropdown with xsl output

Follow
Email
Can someone direct me how i can select a few key elements off my
multi-element input xml file and use the output xml to populate a dropdown in
ASP.NET page.  In addition, the page has to display all these key elements of
the selected row.  Thanks in advance.
--
bic
0

Populating Excel from CSV
Hello all, I need to know how to populate an Excel template with data from a external CSV file. Let's say I have this nice pretty colourful templat that is far more pleasing to the eye than the usual chunk of importe CSV data, what are some methods to populate it with data from a CS file?? Any ideas or suggestions or redirections would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance : -- AJMorgan59 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AJMorgan591's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2777 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Sequence Not populated for the MO Numbers during Data Collection
When data collection is done for the MO Numbers by using the Data Collection Window under Manufaturing, the Sequnce look up does not show the whole list, it only shows NOTES, for the user to select and enter the necessary data. why does this happen in the case of some MO Numbers and in the others it shows all the sequnces as NOTES,MAKE READY, PRESS RUN, WASH UP, MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS, REWIND/INSPECTION, etc. Any information would be much appreciated -- Thanks AshaM It should show all of the router steps. Are some of your steps possibly marked to backflush labor? These steps would not...

how do populate empty cells with the contents of populated cells .
I have this worksheet problem. The work sheet is thousands of rows long. One of my columns has cells not populated. I would like to get any empty cell in this column to populate itself with the contents of the next populated cell below it? Kind of a "find and replace" action where by an empty cell says to it self;"I'm going fill myself in with the next thing I find below me" I would greatly appreciate if someone can relate how to do this. Thanks Jim, Select the column, use Edit | Go To... Special , Blanks, OK. Then type an equal sign, press the down arrow...

Dropdown Menu Hyperlink
Hi.. I want to create Hyperlink for list comming in dropdown menu. Lets assume that there are 5 names in cell A1 to A5 and also their are 5 Sheets in the files having those names. I create a dropdown menu and select the list of name. Now if I choose The name comming in cell A2 than i should be able to jump to a sheet2 and if i choose A that to Sheet 5. how do i do that? Thanks , you are great. "Mike" wrote: > Anand > > Put a combobox from the tools control box on you worksheet > Atarting in the top row of any column type sheet1 ,sheet1 etc until you have > th...

Autoplay for Pictures Not Populated
I inserted my XD card in to my card reader today and the autoplay pop up window asking what I wanted Windows to do was blank. For Video, Music and Mixed content the options are there but not for Pictures - it is just blank. I have tried running autofix.exe but this has not fixed it. Any ideas? Is this a Microsoft problem or has something else caused this? It worked fine until today. Thanks. Peachypumpkin wrote: > I inserted my XD card in to my card reader today and the autoplay > pop up window asking what I wanted Windows to do was blank. For > Video, Music and Mi...

City and State Populated by Zip Code
Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated? I have seen a MSCRM add-in from a company called QAS (http://www.qas.com/). This is more than just Zip Code/City&State. It's a full address validator along with streamlined data entry. They have integrated with CRM via an ISV pop-up and it seems to work fairly smoothly. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 15 Apr 2005 11:13:56 -0700, "Morgan" <tzeoli@att.net> wr...

Populating a field
I want to populate a description field based on a par number that is entered in the field before it. In other owrds, you enter a part number and presto, in the next field, the description is entered for you. Can you help?? Thanx Tom On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 08:48:01 -0800, Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to populate a description field based on a par number that is entered >in the field before it. In other owrds, you enter a part number and presto, >in the next field, the description is entered for you. > >Can you help?? > >Thanx >Tom If yo...

Populate Textbox
Hi, I have a table with part numbers and locations. There are multiple locations per part number. I would like to populate a listbox with a filtered list of the locations for the part number shown on my form. I'm not very good at vba and have been looking all over for code, but can't find anything suitable. Thanks You have multiple locations per part number. So first, let's get your form set up correctly. When you have a one-to-many format (one salesman, many products or one part number, many locations) you need a form and subform. The Mainform would be for...

Getting Data from a 2nd sheet to show in a dropdown box on sheet 1
I am tring to fill in some fields on 1 sheet from data on another I have an sheet1 where there is Name, Address, City, State, Zipcode, and phone. I want a drop downbox to list the names on another sheet2 if the name is on sheet 2 you select it in the combobox, it then fills in all the fields Name, Address, City, State, Zipcode, and phone on sheet 1. I have a form button on sheet 1 that if the name isnt on sheet2 you can add it with a form so that is taken care of. If it would be easier maybe have the Name field setup to where you just start typing the name and if there is a ma...

Merge a field data for all records in a table into one output
Hi Team, I am desperately seeking help for a solution by which I would be able to merge the data for all records of any one field in a table to appear in the output of one specific selected record. Example, I have 10 period records in a table with (Field D) that contains data but not necessarily for all of the 10 periods. I would want to print the output of any specific period record which generates the data of all the fields for that record with exception of (Field D) which I want to output its merged data that comprises the data of the selected period record plus all the da...

Help Please: Retrieving the first populated cell value from a specific excel spreadsheet column
I need help with retrieving the first populated cell value from a specific excel spreadsheet column. This value will then be used for later parts in an broader script to mark the entry as used. The 3rd worksheet contains 3 columns. I need this code to go through all the cells in the 2nd column, in order from top to bottom, and have it return the first value found. In this example, it should return 55553. Phone Free Used 55550 55550 55551 55551 55552 55552 55553 55553 55554 55554 55555 55555 ...........

Inventory Item List Not Populating, Generating SQL Errors
When any user tries to view the Items list under the Inventory category in the sidebar, the following warning appears: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ATYALLOC', table 'tempdb.dbo.##2411735'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. After clicking ok, the list never populates. All of our other lists are working correctly, except for this one. What can be done to enable this list's functionality? What version of GP? What Service Pack or build number? Did this feature ever worked before? Did you just noticed thi...

Old Resource Rates populated in PWA
Hello, I'm using Project Server 2007 with SP2. We recently noted that the Standard Rate for resources is different from what we see in PWA Resource Center Views and Project Pro Resource Information. The Project Pro shows the current rate and PWA shows previous year's rates. I'm not sure how to refresh PWA views. I tried kicking off a Reporting DB Refresh, checking-out-in Resource Pool. None of that has worked so far. Has anyone seen this before ? How can make PWA recognize current rates...maybe it is pointing to previous fiscal year somewhere...? Thanks Nach. ...

populating sheets
i've got a ton of data on sheet 1 that is my "running" database (periodically updated). i want to keep that as my master sheet but have second and third sheets pull certain lines out. for example. sheet 1 has 8 colums of data. if cell b2 has a date (non-specific) in it i want all of row 2 to populate a row in sheet two. if cell b3 does not have a date i want that row to populate a row in sheet 3. can anyone help me with this? i've tried IFs and VLookups and a few others but can't seem to get it to work just right. ...

Creating a populated field
Im building a form and in the subform I want a "description" field to be populated when I enter a "Part Number" in the field before it. I have a separate table listing part numbers and their descriptions. It's been a while and my memory is a bit rusty. Im working in Access 2000. Thanx for your help Tom On Nov 29, 11:45 am, Tom <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Im building a form and in the subform I want a "description" field to be > populated when I enter a "Part Number" in the field before it. I have a > separate tab...

Populating the GAL into Excel
Hi, I need to export the GAL into Excel. Within the ESM for 2003 I drill down to Recipients, All Global Address List, Default Global Address list. I then right mouse click and see the option to Export list but thats as far as I get. How can I easily export this GAL into Excel? The only standard tool I know of would be CSVDE, but might check out http://www.slipstick.com to see if any third-party tool exists if it won't work for you. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Andy3691" <Andy3691@discussions.microsoft....

Form not Pre-Populating Correctly
I have a table and a form. The form has an unbound combo box (row source a query) for looking up records - once a record is selected the form populates with that record's fields. This was all working swimmingly, until I added a new text field [ProgramYear] to the table. For existing records, I entered values for [ProgramYear] in the table. I added a value list combo box [cboProgramYear] to the form to allow users to select a value for new records. The problem is this - when I open the form, [cboProgramYear] does not show the existing contents (which should be eith...

Populate a .eml file
Is it possible to use mail merge in a .eml file using outlook? By this I mean, could I have outlook 1.Automatically email, say, ten different addresses, unattended by me and 2. Populate fields within the body of the email, based on a database or excel spreadsheet? Thanks, Ike It sounds like you are talking about a mail merge, and no, you cannot run one unattended. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and f...

change order sequence at the data populate on the grid
At the select purchase order item (purchase order - receiving transaction entry - click on the auto receiving button) , currently the data at the grid is order by PO No, can i change the order sequence according to the location? ...

Populating a CComboBoxEx .... how?
(vc6 sp5 mfc) The following code inside a CComboBoxEx, called after setting the imagelist, should populate the control with a entry "TEST" ... ________________________________________ COMBOBOXEXITEM item; ZeroMemory(&item, sizeof(item)); int iRet; item.pszText = _T("TEST"); item.mask = CBEIF_TEXT | CBEIF_IMAGE | CBEIF_SELECTEDIMAGE; item.iItem = 0; item.iImage = 1; item.iSelectedImage = 1; item.iOverlay = 0; iRet = InsertItem(&item); // iRet returns 0 and that means: item was correctly added, doesnt it? ________________________________________ the pr...

Populating FIELDS from another form(s)
I have one form were I create meetings, than another one were the individual is inputted (all works great - this is not the problem). I am trying to open a form(Travel) from that form by clicking on a button (This I already have and that part works). I want the newly opened form (Travel) to automatically populate a few fields (that you can not see on the form) that are the primary fields. example: [field1] = Me.[field1] and [field2] = Me.[field2]. Now if the record already exist then I want it to populate the form. So far I have this: Private Sub btnTravel_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnT...

HELP: Populate Excel FORM from Access
Hi All, I know how to pull data from access and populate fields in excel userform when I have only one row to pull from for a particualar Student_Id, BUT I am having issues with pulling data from multiple rows for the same student( if the student has multiple courses, it is displayed in multiple rows in a table) and displaying them on the form once I input student ID. For eg: I have a table "Student_Details" in access Student_Details consists of Student_ID, Course, Grade, Quarter_ID Student_ID Course Grade Quarter_ID JP11456 Math ...

auto populate unused rows from workbook to workbook
Please Help. I can't seem to get the data entered on one workbook to enter on another workbook without over writing. I've set up a master seed file where client data is entered and then saved as the client name. Its data entered into rows is then set to auto populate the second workbook's first row. Is there a method by which a second set of data will automatically know to skip down to the next unused row on the second workbook? Anybody? Thanks! It would be a lot easier if we could see the code you're using now that does the overwriting. The basics of it all a...

New user doesn't populate the GAL...
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C48AC4.6C6BBE40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am currently running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard with SP1 = on a Windows 2003 Server Standard OS in a Windows 2000 Active Directory = domain. We had been running Microsoft Exchange 5.5 in a Windows NT 4.0 = domain, but recently switched over to Exchange Server 2003 in our AD = domain. I had no problems adding the Microsoft Exchange mailboxes to the AD user = objects, and they all showed u...

populate textboxes
Hi, I have 21 textboxes in a document (Ms Word 2003), all have the same content e.g. �1.50 since they are intended as pricing labels. I would like to have a macro insert the price to each textbox rather than have to manually change each one. I am not familiar with word macros. The following is my initial thought on the process. Sub InsertNewPrice() Dim strAmount as String Dim tBox as TextBox strAmount=InputBox("Enter new price", "Pricing Labels") For Each tBox in Document tBox.text = strAmount Next End Sub Am I even clos...