Ping MS: Re: XmlDiffPatch Tools Lost with gotdotnot demise

Greetings,

I would like to request someone at Microsoft who has the ability to search
the old gotdotnet database for some lost tools that have thousands of google
references to the original gotdotnet source but no alternate place to
download.  The original articles on MSDN are:

Or point me someplace where they are currently downloadable.  One of the
articles mentioned above provides a download, but there are other tools that
have no downloads that I would like to use (and source code which was
originally available).

Thanks,
Shawn

0
leabre (3)

Shawn B. wrote:

> I would like to request someone at Microsoft who has the ability to search
> the old gotdotnet database for some lost tools that have thousands of google
> references to the original gotdotnet source but no alternate place to
> download.

Your subject mentions the Diff and Patch tool, that seems to be
available here: <URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/xml/bb190622.aspx>

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Thanks,
Shawn

"Martin Honnen" <mahotrash@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> Shawn B. wrote:
>
>> I would like to request someone at Microsoft who has the ability to
>> search the old gotdotnet database for some lost tools that have thousands
>> of google references to the original gotdotnet source but no alternate
>> place to download.
>
> Your subject mentions the Diff and Patch tool, that seems to be available
> here: <URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/xml/bb190622.aspx>
>
> --
>
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

0
leabre (3)

From field getting lost
hi, The From field in the Outlook 2K screen has disappeared. If I go to View menu and custom view and add the From field, i have it back. But I have some 20 folders where this has happened. Is there an easier way to do this? I d also like to understand why and how this happened too. Cos once I am not sure if I did anything, but the field came back and after a while it was gone again. Any help please? Thanks Ramesh if you use the same view on all folders, reset the view. if you don't have custom views, you can close outlook and restart it using the /cleanviews switch. http...

Disabling some MS Excel warnings.
I have a .xls file that presents a graph from an external .csv file. I have it set to refresh the external data automatically on reopening the .xls file. It works fine for the most part but Excel gives me two warnings everytime I use the file that annoy me: 1. Upon opening the .xls file, Excel gives me a warning about how automatic refreshes can be malicious and forces me to select whether to enable them or not. 2. Upon exiting, Excel prompts me with a save dialog. It is true that the data changes (I have it set to clear the external data on close so the .xls file takes up less space)...

How purchase MS Money in Czech Republic?
Hi, I am from The Czech Republic and used trial version of Money Plus Deluxe and there is no alternative in functionality for me. I want to buy it, but I cant. I tried www.softwarestore.com as mentioned on http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/535.aspx, but there is no PayPal option and DigitalRiver (that is behind softwarestore) probably found out from my debit card that I am not from US and refused the purchase. I also must enter verifiable email address and telephone number. I tried also www.windowsmarketplace.com, I downloaded software and got licence key, but after three hours Digital...

Issues with MS CRM 1.2 Virtual PC Demo
Hello, I'm a Microsoft MBS Partner and I am trying to run the MS CRM Virtual PC Demo that was sent to all Certified Partners. I am running into an issue with it and don't know where to get support for it. I'm hoping someone here can help. THe issue is that Microsoft CRM Server doesn't start. I noticed that after I start the "Ready Server", I get the error msg "At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Use event viewer to examine the event log". This happens as Windows Server 2003 is booting up but before I have a chance to log...

Can ping can't tcp /web
All right I have a WinXPSP3 box that can ping and tracert / resolve IP address / DNS but telnet into a specific port (80, 22 ,25) and choke. What is happening ? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee Since 1 June 1995 The Doctor wrote: > All right I have a WinXPSP3 box that can ping and tracert / resolve > IP address / DNS > > but telnet into a specific port (80, 22 ,25) and cho...

"TOOLS" menu missing from menu bar #2
"TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 2003. How do I put it back? Might try a "detect and repair" Meanwhile, right-click a toolbar, click customize, scroll down to built-in menus, drag the tools menu to your toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Anil Gupta" <AnilGupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C7ADC1E-A6E9-4F01-8C06-01B92AC7B97B@microsoft.com... > "TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 20...

MS Money and BillPay broken for all account changes and additions
I just spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Checkfree and Money Support. Thank God I had the sense to insist they were on the same call to avoid the finger pointing. Both reps were good, but the bottom line for me is this. One of my banks that I use with Checkfree (I use 3) required me to add 3 numbers to my account number on checks that Checkfree printed. It turns out you can't change the account number within Checkfree on an existing account. At their direction, I added a new account and deleted the old account. After the proper transaction verification, I could not get th...

MS CRM SFO Unable to display folder
I have MS CRM SFO installed and functioning correctly on several workstations at the HQ. Out at the branch sites, I have tried to install on several machines. The install finishes successfully but when I try to launch Outlook, the application hangs. I eventually go to task manager, kill Outlook, and re-launch. When I re-launch, I get the error message asking me if I want to disable the add-in. My question is this: would low bandwidth between the HQ and branches cause this behavior? Thanks in advance! ~Dave low bandwidth will have an effect. In general the Outlook client takes longer to sta...

Can not ping Global Catalog, but GC can Ping Me ??!?!
This is an interesting problem. I have an Exchange 2003 server. It was a raid-5 and running very slow so i just upgraded it and changed it to 3 indipendant raid-1's and it was running like lighning, but an old problem reared its ugly head... My setup. MailServer - Mail2k3 (Not a DC) ip: 192.168.1.30 gateway: 192.168.1.1 dns: 192.168.1.3 FileServer - FILE2k3 (DC and a Global Catalog + DNS Server) ip: 192.168.1.3 gateway: 192.168.1.1 dns: 192.168.1.3 Winserver - Win2k3(DC and recently made GC) ip: 192.168.1.7 gw: 192.168.1.1 dns: 192.168.1.3 ALL Servers connected by a 3Com SuperSt...

MS Outlook 2007
Email system is running MS Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2. Will it work if client workstation is install with MS Outlook 2007? Yes. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, 2Sweet asked: | Email system is running MS Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2. | Will it work if client workstation is install with MS Outlook 2007? ...

How to dowload ms office training demos faster
I have BSNL EVDO wireless net connection. [ Vista and IE 7 ] The problem is - - the dowload stops in between. I have tried resfreshing the web page and re connect the net connection but nothing seems to work. Any solultion - - - - Thanks in advance. That's really not an Outlook question. You should check with your EVDO provider and see if there is something they can do to improve your signal quality. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "SAMEER" <SAMEER@discussions.microsoft.com...

PING Bob Phillips
Bob A few days back you kindly offered some direct help with any projects. Didn't take long, did it, but I'm after advice. Is it okay to contact you direct? Thanks Steve Of course Steve. Mail me at bob dot phillips at tiscali dot co dot uk (do the obvious), and I will mail you back a proper email addy. Regards Bob "Steve" <crankylemming@aol.com> wrote in message news:1120490103.531009.107780@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Bob > > A few days back you kindly offered some direct help with any projects. > > Didn't take long, did it, but I'...

cannot open MS outlook
Hi guy's We have just upped to Office 2007. We were using OE but would like to sync in Outlook 2007All the other PC's seem to be fine except 1 laptop. Outlook starts to open and a pop up with "migrating.." starts but after 20 seconds it shuts down. Then a window with the following "Cannot start MS office outlook Cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened.The attempt to log on to the MS Exchange has failed" This is a fresh install and we have tried removing and re-installing but to no avail.. Any idea's most welcome Cheers Ric...

Detect and Repair (MS Office 2003)
This morning, after having Office 2003 on my machine for almost three years, for the first time I clicked "detect and repair". (I won't bore you with the "whys". Looking back on it, I should not have done so.) Anyway, my personal email folders and my appointment calendar are history. Is there a way to restore or retrieve these Office files? Or, did "detect and repair" remove them permanently? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Ernie PS I have an image of my hard drive saved on my home network as of one month ago, but new appointments/folder...

How do I re-import published website pages back into publisher
I published a website from publisher but didn't save it in publisher first. I want to make some changes to the master page and add some more pages and don't want to have to start again! Any help gratefully received. Using Publisher 2002 XP Thanks You are pretty much out of luck. Publisher generates the webpage from the ..pub file so if you don't have that............ Print out your page and get ready to recreate it. And this time SAVE IT! And then save it again just to sure. (Sorry) JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "Barry USM" wrote: > I published a website fro...

Summary Resource Assignment in standalone MS Project File
All, Let me preface this question with I agree with you I'm trying to convince others on NOT assigning resources at the summary level. In my search to list all the concerns and issues with regarding assigning resources at the summary level I've found: 1. Resource Loading will be inaccurate as work will lengthen at the Summary Level as the tasks below move around (regardless of whether they are being worked on or not). 2. In addition when sub-tasks overlap or when there is a gap between the tasks work is not the same in both cases. 3. Assigning a resource to a summar...

MS Query results into merged rows
Hi, I am using Excel 2003 on Windows XP with SQL Server 2005, I am using Ms Query to return a set of data and want it to go into a range of cells. However the cells are merged and the MS Query results unmerge the cells. Is there any way in which to preserve the cell merging? Regards ...

Re: Magic Indian Oil for MEN! Free Trial #2
Real Magic Indian Oil from traditional Indian herbs. FREE TRIAL FOR 500 customers (5ml bottle), Ring +91 9810577227 ...

MS Pub 2003: Pasting
How do you set the program to use the template's font formatting when pasting text into a brochure? It keeps using the format that I am pasting. Right click and select Paste special.... "ocean mist" <oceanmist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD1EE8A9-2689-40DE-A994-6B14A9F2D9A4@microsoft.com... > How do you set the program to use the template's font formatting when > pasting > text into a brochure? It keeps using the format that I am pasting. ...

Re: Stationary '07
I played around with this further. You can still use any HTML editor to = create stationery and place it in the user's Stationery folder. You can = also use FrontPage 2003 to create new themes with background images. = Details at = http://turtleflock-ol2007.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C1013F1F9A99E3D8!230.e= ntry --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx ...

Re: Entourage X
Go to Entourage | Switch Identity, and see if the old identity is listed. DM On 12/17/04 12:27 PM, "Kevin" wrote: > When my wife got into Entourage this morning, her account was completely > missing. Nothing, no contacts, no email nada... I set the account back up > hoping that it would access everything but only got email received the last 3 > days. No contacts, personal folders, etc. Does anyone have insight on how > to recover this info?? > > Thanks ...

Where or how could I obtain a mod version of the Sales Pipeline Re
Where or how could I obtain a modified version of the Sales Pipeline Report? I have been looking everywhere. There a re a few reports in the downloads section of the site in my sig below. Beyond that you can either get into report writing or pay a consultant to write the report for you. You can find out all about report writing in CRM by downloading the CRM sdk from www.microsoft.com/downloads ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:937809D5-6611-46...

How do text capture tools work?
Here are two examples of this technology. http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html http://www.deskperience.com/textcapture/ Sounds like they will have to involve OCR, which works fine for standard fonts but probably won't work with fancy fonts. Key here is to test them try a static control with a TextOut and change the fonts and see what happens. joe On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:02:04 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Here are two examples of this technology. > > http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html > http://www.deskp...

vba ping
hello, i am trying to find out to use vba to ping domain names or urls that I have listed in my spreadsheet. Then I want to take the ip address that it pings it to and paste it into a cell within the same spreadsheet. Can anyone help. I know nothing about vba so forgive my ignorance but I am willing to learn Hi See Randy Birch's page http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/internet/ping.htm for a start. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Brian" <tcg2k5@yahoo.com> skrev i melding news:eV3GEwwuFHA.3548@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hello, > i am trying to find out to use vba to pi...

Re-printing an invoice
I have a user who needs to reprint a specific invoice, that would have originally been created in batch (I think). Her customer needs that invoice reprinted for legal reasons. I know absolutely nothing about Dynamics - the only information I have is the invoice number. Can anyone tell me how to reprint an invoice. I believe it has already been posted. Thanks Todd 1. Navigate to Inquiry>Sales>Transaction By Document 2. Search for the invoice number that you want to print 3. Click on the line displaying the invoice information, then click on the 'Document Number' link 4...