Parse XML-SOAP

I´m looking about how to parse an XML-SOAP document to retrieve some data
from this. I dont know about how can do this ¿with XMLDOM?, ¿with XMLReader?.
Here is an example of the document that the webservice sends to me. The
structure of the nodes is too strange for me, for example the 'row name='.
Here is the document:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <soapenv:Envelope
- <soapenv:Body>
- <ns1:checkAvailabilityResponse
xmlns:ns1="com.logicboxes.foundation.sfnb.order.DomOrder">
  <xsd:string xsi:type="xsd:string"><?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?><Hashtable
xmlns="http://localhost/Schemas/HashtableSchema.xsd"><row
name="netcom.net"><Hashtable><row name="status">regthroughothers</row><row
name="classkey">domcno</row></Hashtable></row><row
name="netcom.org"><Hashtable><row name="status">available</row><row
name="classkey">domorg</row></Hashtable></row><row
name="netcom.us"><Hashtable><row name="status">available</row><row
name="classkey">domus</row></Hashtable></row><row
name="netcom.com"><Hashtable><row name="status">regthroughothers</row><row
name="classkey">domcno</row></Hashtable></row><row
name="netcom.biz"><Hashtable><row name="status">available</row><row
name="classkey">dombiz</row></Hashtable></row><row
name="netcom.info"><Hashtable><row name="status">available</row><row
name="classkey">dominfo</row></Hashtable></row></Hashtable></xsd:string>
  </ns1:checkAvailabilityResponse>
  </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>
0
batalla (1)

Ordering xml using xsl in c#

Parsing Question
I've done parsing where you have one delimiter such as a comma or space. What if you have more than one? Example data: sStr(0) = "3/9" sStr(1) = "3/11 3/15-" sStr(2) = "3/8+ 3/12" sStr(3) = "3/9 3/15" sStr(4) = "3/8- 3/10+ 3/15" The strings above are Month/Day with some having an additional - or + character next to it. These dates are extracted from Excel cells as strings. I need to break those strings down into individual dates. So for sStr(4), I need to parse out "3/8", "3/10" and "3/15&...

how to parse <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> with xpath? is it possible?
how to parse <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> with xpath? is it possible? "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23g11DbDOGHA.2176@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > how to parse <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> with xpath? is it > possible? No -- the xml declaration is not represented in the XML Infoset. Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev ...

Locating xmlns nodes in XML documents (for XML document metrics)
I've been writing an XML document analyzer that reads XML document and tracks the metrics of the document. Statistics such as a node count fo each type of XML node are printed out I am trying to locate 'xmlns' nodes using the XPath (not DOM or SAX) API Unfortunately the XPathNavigator concept of namespace nodes for eac element is only accessible via MoveToFirstNamespace() an MoveToNextNamespace(). The XPath model constructs a namespace node lis for EACH ELEMENT where each namespace node represents a namespace CURRENTL IN SCOPE for the current XML node I would like to easily loca...

Parsing cells
Hi Folks, I have data in cells which is OCR`d from my phone bill, and some of the info is corrupt. Where I should be getting eg. 17 Nov 14:49 for date/time I am getting O17 Nov 14:49 or C17Nov 14:49. The reason is that there are unreadable icon characters to signify day or night. Questions: 1)How do I remove the faulty characters......they are always the first digit in the date if they are there. 2)How can I seperate the date and time into two adjasent colums of cells rather than their current format in one cell. Any and all help greatly appreciated. John Hi John You ca...

What is the quickest way to get an xml based dataset to add entries to SQL Server?
Because there is no 'datareader' involved, what is the most efficient way to get an XML based dataset to be added to an SQL server dataset? I would hate to have to create a new SQL connection and iterate through making "executenonquery" for each row in the dataset. That seems horribly in-efficient. I know of no other way to get an xml based dataset to push data to the database though. Any pointers? Thanks for any pointers, Peter Robbins Freelance Programmer C#/PHP "MurdockSE" <murdock@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1153922058.675709.165630@h48g2000cwc.go...

Inport/Eport XML
I am running Microsoft Office 2000 on my work computers. I am editing a database and I need said database to export a table named Data Table to a .xml file. I also need to be able to import a .xml file and have it added to the same table. I don't know if 2000 has the capability. Check your VBA references for an XML library. I am using 2003 and we have it. You use the xmlExport and xmlImport methods to do that. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Bobby.Dannels@gmail.com" wrote: > I am running Microsoft Office 2000 on my work computers. I am editing > a database a...

Parse Nested Elements to Single DataGrid
I have been losing my mind trying to parse an XML document (with nested child elements, not all of which appear in each parent node) into a DataGrid object. What I want to do is "flatten" the XML document into a text document with a single row for each parent node (that has all of the values from all of the child nodes for that row) The DataView within VS 2005 IDE displays my 15 or so child tables - and knows that some parent rows don't have child rows in every relation - but trying to get all the child tables to go with the correct parent row programmatically is killin...

xml graphic representation
I'm new to using XML, so I'm seeking some general pointers about approaching a project. I'd like to read the sitemap xml file, and generate a graphic representation of the website from the site map. I would like to do this dynamically (creating the page from the current sitemap file). I'm wondering if there are some built in functions I can use, for example to: 1) parse the xml file, creating units at each node 2) interpret levels within the file 3) create graphics based on each node, writing the node property in the text of the graphic object. I know what functions I'...

generate xml ...
hi, i need to generate an xml files of some data in my database ... i've an xml sample of the result xml nad i've to create a xml with the same structure ... which it is the better and faster way? Can i retrieve a schema from the sample.xml and then write an xml based on this schema ? Might i use Dataset.readxmlschema , Dataset.readxml and Dataset.writexmlschema , Dataset.writexml ??? tnx in advance andrew ...

How to start working with XML in Excel?
(Windows XP Pro, Office 2003) I work with a Java-based program that creates an XML file. Sometimes information needs to be transferred between XML docs. At the moment, I can open an XML in Word, and copy and paste between the XMLs. Some of the data, though, would lend itself very well to an Excel spreadsheet. When I try to open an XML file with Excel (either by right-clck on the XML file and Open With or XL >> Data >> XML >> Import), Excel creates a schema that doesn't present the information in a way I can logically work with it. The Java program consists of forms ...

Line Breaks in XML element value
I am using the XPathNavigator.Value in .Net to get the value of one of the elements(say "Notes") from my XML ? The value contains lots of "line breaks" and "spaces". <notes> This is to try the new car that I bought last week </notes> How do I avoid getting the "linebreaks" and extra "white spaces" ? I just want the string "This is to try the new car that I bought last week". Venky wrote: > I am using the XPathNavigator.Value in .Net to get the > value of one of the elements(say "Notes&quo...

excel to xml
Hello I am trying to figure this out. Yes there is some new feature in excel 2003 according to the websites that I browsed thro' It is about transforming a excel spreedsheet into Xml with the syntax you wanted instead of repeating cut and paste of the syntax in an Xml file. I was reading in msdn that excel 2003 has these features but I have no clue. When I give file save as in an excel file .I have many features I can save as to,so when I select save as xml data .I can include an xml map to map to the excel fields but after that it doesn't go forward for me. I nee...

Parsing CSV
Hi, im using A file with records in my mfc application, i need to read*/write records to the file anybody ahs a clue where should i start? Take a look at CStdiofile and CString::Format() (for output) and CString::Tokenize() (for parsing input). You can use ReadString() and WriteString() to access the file line by line. Tom "fima" <fkpkot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eXA9vp95FHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > im using A file with records in my mfc application, i need to read*/write > records to the file anybody ahs a clue where should i start? >...

Putting Deserialized XML back into a dataset
I have deserialized XML back into an object, so now... How do I get the object instance back into a dataset? The same XML file(before deserializing) can be put into the dataset when read as a file. Dim objPipeline As iClas_Pipelines = New iClas_Pipelines objPipeline = objPipeline.UnPack(Server.MapPath("XML/iclass_pipelines.xml")) Dim objDataset As New DataSet ----------- error--------------objDataset.ReadXml(objPipeline.Pipeline)---------error--- ---------- Where do I go from here? ...

Parsing
Hello, I have an Excel application where I read a text file.Recently the text file had a change and had three(3) new fields added.This data is now in the last column.I want to parse this data which has a space delimiter into three seperate columns.There are 10 fields and the data is captured in the last column.How do I do this in VBA without the "text to column" manual method. Thanks, Roy Try using the VBA TextToColumns method... In article <1193081380.394989.87940@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Roy <praish1998@yahoo.com> wrote: > How do I do this in VBA without...

how to get xml as a string from an XmlDocument object
hi all, How would I get the xml as a string from an XmlDocument object? thanks Joyce You can use the InnerXml property. -Asad "joyce chan" wrote: > hi all, > > How would I get the xml as a string from an XmlDocument object? > > thanks > Joyce > > joyce chan wrote: > How would I get the xml as a string from an XmlDocument object? OuterXml is one direct way, then you have the Save method to save to a StringWriter or the WriteTo method to do similar. -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ ...

XML parsing in VB

Parsing imported csv data
I need to find a way to parse data that I'm importing when the data has a comma "," delimiters. Sometimes the string has a comma in the name (i.e. GenVec, Inc. or RealNetworks, Inc) and sometimes the number amount has commas indicating thousands or millions. I have no control over the format of the imported data since it comes from an external website. I'm using XML functions to import such as: Dim objXML As Object Set objXML = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP") Debug.Print "Company Name = " & Split(objXML.responseText, ",&...

log parsing
can someone point me in the right direction for creating/implementing a script for ms exchange that will parse the log files for all incoming and outgoing emails? is it recommended to use the Microsoft LogParser tool for this? thx, jt You really should not be messing with Exchange log files. What are you hoping to achieve? Nue "JTL" <jliautaud@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u2vVyH2KGHA.3100@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > can someone point me in the right direction for creating/implementing a > script for ms exchange that will parse the log files for all incom...

Importing a large .XML file into Excel 2003
I have to import an xml file into Excel 2003. When importing I get a message saying it's too big to import. When importing into Excel 2007 (it succeeds!) I get more than 74000 rows which obviously can't fit into Excel's 2003 65000 rows of one sheet. I have to stay with Excel 2003. Is there a way to import such an XML file into Excel 2003 as a pivot table (which somehow "compreses" the extent of rows). TIA Primoz ...

How to parse message automatically
I want to use a rule to parse the information in emails from a specific email address, convert the content into a MS Word template format, and then email the document as an attachment to an email address that will be one of the "fields" in the received email. Anyone who has had experience with anything like this? Thanks You may need to use VBA, but take a look at www.ornic.com - exlife might do what you need. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www...

XML Encoding question (C#)
Hi! I have the following problem: I am getting an XML file from a 3rd party. The encoding on the XML file is encoding="utf-8" I have no control over generation of this file. This file is produced by a Lotus Notes system and often has illegal characters embedded to it. Of course the .NET XML parser produces an error. I’ve been reading about XmlConvert.EncodeName but not sure where to apply it. It seems to me that I can call this method once the doc has been loaded into DOM? But it breaks before I load the doc into DOM. Here’s how I load the xml file: private static XmlDocu...

XML Help!
Hello, I need some help with XML and dataset. Take a look at this schema at the bottom of this email. If I load this in a dataset, I get two tables, "mandatoryUsageUserIdList" and "mandatoryUsageUserIdList2". Good. If you see the type "ReplacementUserIdList", it has an element "userId" with maxOccurs attribute of 2147483647.. However, the tables "mandatoryUsageUserIdList" and "mandatoryUsageUserIdList2" simply contain them as another column thereby making multiple rows impossible for "userId".. I was actually expect...

Generating an XML file from an XML schema
Hi, How can I generate an XML file from an XML schema using Vb.NET? Thanks Sean How can I generate an <XML/> file from an <?XML-schema/> using <?Vb.NET?/> ============== Make everyone pay for it, beneficiary MICROSOFT. "Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C68523E2-DE28-4226-8B04-61B10DB527BC@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How can I generate an XML file from an XML schema using Vb.NET? > > Thanks > > Sean ...