Outer and innerXML

What is the differnce between outerXML and innerXML.
0
seema (5)

OuterXml returns the current node and it's children. InnerXml only returns
the children.

For more information, see:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.xmlnode.outerxml(VS.71).aspx,
and
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.xmlnode.innerxml(VS.71).aspx

"seema" <seema@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the differnce between outerXML and innerXML.

0
bgano (1)
7/17/2007 1:51:23 AM
<a>
  <b></b>
</a>

OUTER

<a>
  <b></b>
</a>

INNER

<b></b>

HTH,

Andreas

"seema" <seema@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the differnce between outerXML and innerXML.

0
spam4098 (2)

Can't outer join or append.
I am getting daily data from units that may or may not be reporting each day. If I use an inner join, then the units that do not report on any given day, are dropped from the query. I tried to do a multiple join but evidently Access will not permit more than two tables to be joined using an outer join. So I tried entering the data using the first day of data to establish the original query, and subsequent days to append to it. I got an error message stating that my original query was not updateable. What now? "Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Advanced Find
I want to do an Outer Join on Opportunities which does not have any related records in Opportunity Product. I can easily get all Opportunities that have related records in Opportunity product with data in the field, but how do I exclude records that do not have Opportunity Product ? Thanks for your help The key is the where clause... SELECT * FROM Opportunity oppy LEFT JOIN OpportunityProduct op ON oppy.opportunityid = op.opportunityid WHERE op.opportunityid IS NULL Ah, a simple SQL question... how refreshing! Dave Eric wrote: > I want to do an Outer Join on Opportunities...

help with outer join
I thought I knew how to do this, but for some reason it's not working - I could use some help. I have two tables: MSTR_TEST - a master list of available tests, key is testID (testID, testname) USER_TEST - one record per user, per test, IF test has been taken. Key is userID. (userID, testID, score) I want to create a query that will show me a SET of testIDs per user that exists in the User_Test table. If there is a record for any particular testID, I want to show the details for that record, but if there is no record for that user, for that particular test, I want to show a recor...

FullText outer joins
I have a procedure I am looking at that can take about 1 - 3 minutes to run depending on how much data is passed back. This is part of the query that is taking most of the time. Sometimes it will take 10 seconds if you put something that passes back about 10 rows. But if it passes back 2400 rows, it takes about a minute. The procedure actually has about 12 CASE statements and 12 LEFT OUTER JOINS (one for each). INSERT INTO @Search_Results SELECT CSrchTbl.Rank, CSrchTbl.ItemID, CSrchTbl.Title,CSrchTbl.ProductID, CSrchTbl.ProductDesc,CSrchTbl.ModuleID,CSrchTbl.ModuleDesc,CSr...

Left Outer Join Head Scratcher
Please help. I'm stuck trying to rewrite this query into new join syntax. The bit that's puzzling me is how I need to deal with the second left outer join. select distinct c.company_id, c.company_name, t.description, m.modification_date, v.check_date, e.employee_id, c.application_id from company c, company_viewed v, employee e, modifications m, change_type t where t.change_type_id = m.change_type_id and c.company_id = m.company_id and c.company_id *= v.company_id and e.employee_id *= v.employee_id and m.modification_date > dateadd(day, -16, getdate(...

Outer and innerXML

InnerXml and PreserveWhitespace

queries -- outer join
Hi, I want to know if is possible make an OUTER JOIN using more than two tables, because when I try appear a message that says is wrong thanks in advance loparqu -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com No you can't. and you're in the wrong newsgroup. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, I want to know if is possible make an OUTER JOIN using >more than two tables, because when I try appear a message that >says is wrong >thanks in advance > >loparque > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > Hi you probably sh...

Query left outer join
I have the following query that I wish to return ALL vehicles and then show all trips applicable to those vehicles for the current date (pulled from a form). The problem I'm having is that the query returns only the vehicles that have trips for the day, not ALL vehicles. SELECT vehicle.vehicle_label, trips.trip_from, trips.trip_to, trips.pickup_date, trips.drop_date, trips.closed, trips.timeField, vehicle.SubContractor FROM vehicle LEFT JOIN trips ON vehicle.vehicle_label = trips.vehicle_fkey WHERE (((trips.pickup_date)=[Forms]![frmAllocation]![AllocationDateField]) AND (...

OUTER JOIN HELP
Hi, I'm new at this, so I'll try and explain what I'm trying to do here, maybel I"m going down the wrong road. In my instance a member equals a customer. Just so you know. I built a query which is pulling member history data for members with bad payment history. (A-Del-Members-List) I built another query which pulls data from a table (MEMBERDETL), but I want to exclude members that exist on the query above. Basically, excluding the members with any bad payment history. What I've got right now, is the following: SELECT DISTINCT CAV_MEMBERDETL.MBRNO, CAV_MEMBERDETL.M...

Using XmlDocument.ImportNode() and XmlNodeList, innerXml issues

why right outer join is needed?
hello, i am having one query regarding joins if in left join i reverse order of table it behaves like right join then why we need to seperate joins? thanks in advance. "Archana" <trialproduct2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7ce01b82-18b9-4b21-98ad-b83fdda6548a@i19g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > hello, > > i am having one query regarding joins > > if in left join i reverse order of table it behaves like right join > then why we need to seperate joins? > > thanks in advance. For ease of writing queries - sometimes it's ea...

Joining worksheets / outer join
I've found some spreadsheet joining discussion threads, but I haven't found one which I think is applicable... Basically, I have 5 worksheets in an Excel file to be used as a mail merge. Each worksheet has lists of companies and the industries that they handle. Some companies have offices at different addresses, which should remain as seperate rows. Some companies handle more than one industry and are thus in more than one worksheet. Some of the companies have one business contact for all industries, some have seperate business contacts. I want one worksheet, which merges data from...

Full Outer Join performance
I am looking at a procedure that does a FULL OUTER JOIN on 2 views. SELECT ... FROM vw1 WS1 FULL OUTER JOIN vw2 as WS2 ON WS1.WorkSpaceID = WS2.WorkspaceID I am running this without the Where clause and it runs about 4 seconds either way. Both views have 4 or 5 joins in them. But each view takes less than a second to run by themselves. If I change the FULL OUTER JOIN to JOIN, it runs in less than a second. So obviously the FULL OUTER JOIN is the problem. But what can you do to speed it up or can you? I had thought maybe it was because there are no indexes on WS1.Wor...

Query Join
Hello, I need your assistance as I am a beginner with MS Access 2007. Please review the SQL and hope it makes sense. I am trying to capture all records from 2010 AOP even if there is none from SAP GL side. It seems to work with SAP GL, but not all of the AOP side. What am I missing? Not sure how to fix. SELECT [DC Conversion].DC, [2010 AOPII with Benefits].DC, [2010 AOPII with Benefits].[SAP GL], [Category conversion].Category, [SAP P4 GL].[COST ELEMENT], [Category conversion].[Cost Element Name], Sum([SAP P4 GL].P4) AS SumOfP4, [2010 AOPII with Benefits].P4 FROM [2...

Full Outer Join Question
I'm trying to do a full outer join between the tables PS and Verification. I want to join the fields titled "Non-Empl ID" in both tables. What syntax do I need? I've tried several with no success. I want to retain the non-matches between both tables as well. Thanks Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt wrote: >I'm trying to do a full outer join between the tables PS and Verification. I >want to join the fields titled "Non-Empl ID" in both tables. What syntax do >I need? I've tried several with no success. I want to retain ...

XSLT: Creating anchors from outer XML files
Hi, I'm trying to put the links (href attribute of the <a> element) out of my XSLT files, in a XML file, and read it from the stylesheet. I suppose that I have to use the document() function to link to the XML file containing the URLs, but I don't know how to do it. I've tried something like this: This is XML file containing the URLs (link.xml): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <LINKS> <L1> /SomePage.aspx </L1> </LINKS> And this is the code from the stylesheet: <a href="{document('link.xml')/L...

OT: XP randomly sails off into outer space...
in XP Home SP3+ Windows Normal mode, my old :- Asus M3N78 (no suffix to mb model no.) Athlon 64 x2 6000 Windsor cpu + Arctic Cooler heatpipe job 2x1gb Crucial Ballistix 3xSataII hd's (connected to mobo Sata ports), 1xIDE LG dvd-rewriter connected to motherboard IDE port, 1xPCIe x1 SIL3132 Sata card with a dvd-rom drive connected to it. Camera card reader connected to internal USB pin header, ....in Antec Solo case + Antec modular psu with no dust bunnies in there, no temp. problems btw ! running lovely for over a year, probably 2 years, ..or more, During the past couple of we...

Forcing an ambiguous outer join
I tried to add another table to my query with a Left join and I receive a message that my SQL contains ambiguous joins. It went on to say that I needed to create a separate query and I think it was telling me to combine the two. So I tried to do so but I received a syntax error about a missing operator. I searched the previous posts and then added the parentheses. Would you mind helping me put these two SQLs together? Thanks!!! Qry1 SELECT tblTransData.number, tblTransData.Empl, tblTransData.[cost code], tblTransData.[project alias], tblTransData.[cost category], tblCost...

use several left outer joins
I am basically new to sql server 2005 and I have a query question to ask. I want to create a final query result that shows all the data that corresponds to gnumber on one line. The final display line needs to display the following data: P.gnumber,P.name, P.Kind, P.Userdate2, mths_since_run, Z.MaxReceiveDate I want to link the following two queries together. I am thinking that I could left join the two queries together by gnumber, but have not been successful so. The two separate queries do run fine separately. The following are the two separate queries: distinct P....

Dedicated hdd for page file, outer disc space used
Windows XP latest SP Hdd dedicated for page file installed, single partition. Page file of fixed size generated on this disc. While reviewing the partition with Windows on-board defragmentation utility, the page file is presented in outer partition sections. It doesn't start from partition beginning. I guess files critical for system performance should be placed at inner section - faster read/write access. Does windows on-board defrag utility really show the facts? Does this file is really placed in outer partition section? If yes, why does windows do that this way? k...

Full outer join on 3 tables. How to?
Hi, I have 3 tables: 1) table a: id int colA int 2) table b: id int colB int 3) table c: id int colC int If I'm given an id (e.g. @id = 2), how do I query the three tables for rows that match @id? I need a full outer join. For example, if table c is the only table containing a row matching @id the return values (colA, colB, colC) sould be: NULL, NULL, n Thanks. Try this: SELECT colA, colB, colC FROM ( SELECT COALESCE(a.id, b.id) AS id, colA, colB FROM a FULL OUTER JOIN b ON a.id = b.id) AS x FULL OUTER JOIN c ON c.id = x.id WHERE x.id =...

Inner email was sent to my outer mailbox
A very strange case occurred. One of my coworkers send a inner email by outlook. But the mail was sent to my outer mailbox which has nothing to do with my inner emailbox. what's wrong? "creative" <creativebyte@hotmail.com> wrote: >A very strange case occurred. >One of my coworkers send a inner email by outlook. > >But the mail was sent to my outer mailbox which has nothing to do with my >inner emailbox. > >what's wrong? Inner? Outer? If "outer" means "at an ISP" then either the mail was sent to that address or you have a...

Oracle Linked Server LEFT OUTER JOIN
I am running SQL 2008. I have a linked server to Oracle using Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle (MSDAORA). Allow inprocess=Enable, Collation Compatible=False, Data Access=True, RPC=True, RPC Out=True, Use Remote Collation=True, Collation Name=Latin1_General_BIN, SELECTS and INNER JOINS work fine when querying however the LEFT or RIGHT "OUTER JOIN" syntax does not bring back the "outer" record from either SQL or Oracle. I have to use the NOT IN (...value list) syntax to get the right values returned. For example, the following does not return the &qu...

Outer Join and a two step query
Hi, I need to list which dog breeds have never been sold at the Store by using Outer Join and a two step query. Anyone can explain for me Out join Thank you all My tables are as follows: Table Animal has AnimalID Category Breed Table Customers CustomerID Phone Name Table Sales CustomeriD SaleDate SaleID Table Saleanimal SaleID AnimalID SalePrice Table SaleItem SaleiD ItemID The following SQL should list which dogs have not been sold at the store: SELECT Animal.AnimalID, Animal.Category, Animal.Breed FROM Animal LEFT JOIN Saleanimal ON Animal.Animal...