ORACLE- SQL interface using XML

Hello:

I have a  .net web application , that uses aspx.net and vb.net pointing to a
SQL database.        I need to send and receive data from oracle/Sql, so I
am supposed to use XML.   I haven't used it before and I have no idea how to
do it, so I am looking for a step by step guide or samples about how to do
it.

I will appreciate any help

Thanks

0
pdwhitt (1)

Urgent ..SQL Server update question
I have a temp table with following structure ID,programid, customerid, productid, invoicedate, IncValues 1 7 2 3 04/10/2009 2 7 2 3 05/12/2009 3 7 2 3 06/30/2009 4 7 2 3 07/12/2009 5 7 2 3 07/15/2009 I want to fire a update statement to populate values in IncValues column the values should be Invoicedate2 - invoicedate1 so the final outcome should be ID...

Transfering XML Data into an XSLT File
Hello, I have an XML file with data in it (no schema). I need to convert this data into an xsl file so that I can display it in Internet Explorer. Can someone help me out with the code? So far I tried some of the examples listed in the microsoft website and they are all obsolete in Visual studio.net 2003. Can someone please help me out with this problem. Thanks Darshan One of the tries: Dim xmlfile As String = "TestXML.xml" Dim xslfile As String = "TestXSL.xslt" Dim resolver As XmlResolver 'vs.net2003 will not allow me to 'u...

Use of worksheet names in VBA
Hi , I am beginning to learn EXCEL Macros. I have defined a name XYZ = 10 in the workbokk. IS there a way to use this name in a VBA macro? One way: myVar = Evaluate(Names("XYZ").Value) In article <a50fe765.0410032203.446531da@posting.google.com>, Debu.mahapatra@unisys.com (Debu) wrote: > Hi , > > I am beginning to learn EXCEL Macros. I have defined a name XYZ = 10 > in the workbokk. IS there a way to use this name in a VBA macro? ...

ms crm desktop for outlook and sql express
hi, i have currently installed SQL express on my desktop and planning to install the MS CRM Desktop client for Outlook. I learned that MSCRM Desktop for Outlook uses MSDE as local database. Will this conflict with my SQL Express on my desktop? What will happen? Please advise. I would suggesting installing the Microsoft CRM Outlook Client "V3C" - which is using SQL Express. Linke to "V3C": http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740e1b3b-11c3-4aef-b2e3-8309e0cf1bb0&DisplayLang=en Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-cr...

Calling a Oracle Stored Procedure?
How can i call a Oracle stored procedure from my VC++6.0 The Stored Procedure accept as well as return some values. Thanks in advance Reny http://www.fruitfruit.com/vc/database/oracleprocedure.cpp "Reny J Joseph Thuthikattu" <reny@bxtech.com> wrote in message news:Os909#O2DHA.4032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How can i call a Oracle stored procedure from my VC++6.0 > > The Stored Procedure accept as well as return some values. > > Thanks in advance > Reny > > > > ...

sql 2000 error handling
hi, I have a sql SP that process text file into a sql table. I need to have error hjandling for the SP. .net interface can get the error message. Raiserror() ---how do i get error message? SQL2000 sp4a thanks, Mecn (mecn@yahoo.com) writes: > I have a sql SP that process text file into a sql table. > > I need to have error hjandling for the SP. .net interface can get the > error message. > Raiserror() ---how do i get error message? Where do you want to retrieve the error message? Your question is somewhat terse. Maybe you could elaborate a bit? ...

Empty Pivot Field using a Macro
although I tried a couple of options, I do not seem to sucseed in making a macro which actualy empties the PivotField as I want to. I tried: ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotFields("Count of Uren"). _ Orientation = xlHidden But as the pivot Field is not always "Count of Uren", the macro Bug's as soon as the PivotField is filled with something else. Who knows how I can make this work? Thanks in Advance! To clear all the pivot table's data fields: '========================= Sub RemoveDataFields() Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf ...

Oracle to Excel
Does any one know if you can create an excel file in Oracle wit multiple tabs -- Thomas Glove ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Thomas Glover's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27360 Hi AFAIK Oracle has no build-in feature to achieve this. Easiest way would probably to create *.csv files from Oracle -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Thomas Glover" <Thomas.Glover.1ew4cm@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitr...

Trying to user laptop as SQL Server
I loaded the MSDE (SQL Server7) on my laptop (logged in as a network user). I restart the computer (not connected to the network and no password for windows. Just cancel). My SQL Server Service Manager starts running. I double click the SQL Query Analyzer and choose Windows authentication and local as well as i try the name of the laptop as name of the SQL Server. i click ok and get the following error. UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SERVER KOMAZA:(this is the name of my laptop) Server:Msg 18452, Level 16, State 1 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '(...

connecting to oracle database what driver should i use
hi a complete mac newbie here on a daily basis i have to connect to an oracle database using the below connection Dim cnn As New ADODB.Connection Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim col As Integer cnn.Open "Driver={microsoft odbc for oracle};" & _ "Server=" & servername & ";" & _ "Uid=easy;" & _ "Pwd=easy;" which works great on a pc but iam trying to make the connection work on a mac and i havent got a clue which driver to use can someone please ad...

Move SQL to new Domain
We have CRM installed to a VPC that includes all the requirements for CRM on it's own domain. The database is getting large and performance is becoming poor (because of virtualization I am sure) so we want to move the database to a physical computer. We have successfully moved other CRM database before by updating the registry keys for the database and metabase. First thing I did was create a trust between the CRM domain and my SQL server domain. I added the CRM groups to the new SQL server (usergroup, reporting group and sql group). I am able to connect from the CRM server to the ...

SQL Server on Hyper-V: Disk Configuration Best Practices
Hi, Is there any bets practices or guideline explains efficient ways to setup virtual or pass-through disks for SQL Server on Hyper-V? Thank you, Max Use fixed size disks(easier to backup and move) if you do not require over 2 TB of data. Put them on a RAID10 or RAID 1 for good performance. Regards Jimmy "Allan2010" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any bets practices or guideline explains efficient ways to setup > virtual or pass-through disks for SQL Server on Hyper-V? > > Thank you, > Max > > ...

Is it possible to use Latex fonts for MS Word?
I am trying to get \mathscr{D} character in MS Word (in the equation). In Latex it require \usepackage{mathrsfs}. Recently I discovered that it is possible to use Latin Modern Roman fonts in MS Word and the document looks like Latex document. Unfortunately I have to use very specific mathematical fonts. Maybe it is possible to get these fonts somewhere? Thank you in advance. Probably not. You are talking about a metafont. Those are not used by Windows at all. Actually, with the exception of TeX, I doubt they are used anywhere at all. What you could do is see if FontForge...

Accessing shared mailbox from outlook 2003 using IMAP
Hi All, I am facing a problem in accessing a shared mailbox on an exchange server using outlook 2003 and IMAP. I have authorized to access the mailbox, but I dont know the exact steps for accessing the shared mailbox. I have googled a lot, but unable to find the procedure. Please help me in resolving this. Thanks in advance, am Goto Tools--> Email Accounts --> Click on "Change" button for your exchange server account and then click to select "More Settings". Now navigate to the Advanced tab and you should be able to add the additional mailbox for which you hav...

Complicated use of INDEX and MATCH to lookup multiple columns
Hi, I am trying to do a version of the formula given for method 1 here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214142 Using Excel 2007, I have to retrieve a value in column D of sheet Media by matching the value in sheet Media column A to sheet Promo column A and also checking that the dates in sheet Media columns B and C overlap with the dates in sheet Promo columns D and E. I get an #N/A error for a value/values that should be found when using the following formula: {=INDEX(Media!$D$2:$D$4473,MATCH(Promo!A2,IF(OR(AND(Media!$C$2:$C$4473>=Promo!D2,Media!$C$2:$C$4473<=Promo!E2),AND(Media!...

where to get: XLODBC.XLA (SQL.REQUEST FUNCTION PROGRAM ADD-IN)
Hi, I'm using Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Edition (11.6355.6408) SP1 I would like to use the sql.request function. In the excel help it is mentionned that I need to install the add-in program "XLODBC.XLA", which should be downloadable from office.microsoft.com. Unfortunately I can't find it? Has someone an idea where I can download this idea, perhaps you can post an url? Many thanks! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288118 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Didier Wiroth" <didier.wiroth@mcesr.etat.lu> wrote in message news:4251...

using a spreadsheet to search multiple contacts at once through an LDAP server
I have a large spreadsheet of contacts that I would like to use to search through an LDAP address book. Is there a way to search mutliple entries at once through Outlook 2003 or do I have to go one-by-one through the list? Thank you! ...

sql to database
Hi, On MS Excell using VBA, I would like to send a sql command to and MS Access database "delete * from mytable where id=89" Thank you all!!!! Try This: Create two objects in Access. 1. A Query that deletes the records from the table. 2. A Macro that runs the query. In Excel VBA Editor: 1. add a reference to your version of Access. 2. Inset this code that will start a new instance of Access and run the macro Sub RunAccessQuery() Dim appAccess As Access.Application Set appAccess = New Access.Application appAccess.Visible = True ...

Using Graphics
Hi, can anybody tell me, how I can use the Graphics class in my mfc dialogbased project? It's urgent. Thanks a lot. Jorge The Graphics constructor takes an HDC (in one of its forms). So just get an HDC. For a dialog-based app, the best thing to do is to subclass a CStatic, and in its OnPaint handler you would do void CMyStatic::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); Graphics G(dc); ... do your drawing here } The reason the constructor above works is that there is an operator HDC which coerces a CDC to an HDC, so the compiler is able to use it. I've not done thi...

Logical proof of SQL change
See DDL below. This represents a very simplistic view of my client's system, in which there are actually about 95 tables and nearly 50 views. The views are used primarily to provide a real-time snapshot of certain datasets for auditing purposes. The database has medical applications so it has to be carefully controlled. Most of the views include in their JOIN a "nested view" - that is, a view that contains common columns that are needed for all deriving views (data items such as Patient Ref, Treatment Date etc.) I've modelled this with the view CommonView belo...

Excel & Oracle 9
What version(s) of Excel is/are compatible with Oracle 9.2.0.5.0 ? Hi there should be no compatibility issue. I would expect you export from Oracle *.csv files. Thse should be readable in all Excel versions (at least after Excel 97) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cowgirl wrote: > What version(s) of Excel is/are compatible with Oracle > 9.2.0.5.0 ? Cowgirl, As well as Importing data Exported from Oracle (eg. csv) you can also get data direct from Oracle 9 with Get External Data. Hiran "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:ui2...

How can I identify a system uniquely using MFC code
Hi all, I am working on a MFC application. I need to identify every system which uses this application. How can I do this using MFC? Is there any unique identifier for a PC which can be retrieved using MFC? Thanks & Regards Sachin Bhave > I am working on a MFC application. I need to identify every > system which uses this application. How can I do this using MFC? Is there > any unique identifier for a PC which can be retrieved using MFC? You can find the computer SID in the registry. More details over here: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/NewSid....

SQL ID last login report
Is it possible to run a script in SQL 2000 and 2005 to generate a report with the SQL IDs and the last time they were accessed? We need this information for an audit so we can determine which accounts can be disabled. Jason What is SQL ID? Logins? Run sys.server_principals DMV to see disabled logins "Jason Carter" <JasonCarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E69D86B-9DC6-43C7-80FB-33C86A42C9F2@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to run a script in SQL 2000 and 2005 to generate a report > with > the SQL IDs and the last time they we...

SQL Server Error whilst creating new attribute
I've previously added a good number of custom attributes the Lead entity type, however whenever I try a add a new attribute since I receive the an error telling me that the attribute addition has failed and to check the Event Log for more information. In the Event Log is two related error events: (the first) dmLog: New size of the attribute ({FEC5CEBE-B6F3-4E3C-90E9- B1A1CB2333F5}) exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes. (second) dmLog: Failed to add new String attribute (CFSCL_ACCOUNTS_InvoiceType) to Lead entity. I've googled this error message and found a Microsoft...

SQL Reporting Service Wizzard
When I use the wizard and try to deploy my Dynamics GP 10 reports, I am entering the url for the target server URL. When I click finish the Green Bar advances and I get a dialog box with a RED X and it is empty, I can not see the error. When I browse out to Report Manager I can see that it deployed one report, which is the TWO-Bank Reconciliation. No other reports are there. My URL must be correct or the one report would have never deployed. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. The URL that I am using is http://localhost:82/ReportServer I was able to deploy the reports to the d...