Open XSD in code / source view instead of designer - 2005

I never use the designer to work with my XSD, and it hangs for a few
seconds when opening so I have to wait before I can switch to code
view. How can I change the default to open the code / source?

I searched on here and saw a post which seemed to answer my question,
saying to go to Tools - Options - XML Designer, but there is no such
section in the Options menu in my version of the program.

Thanks

0
jagarb (1)

Here are the steps from within VS:
1. File | Open
2. Select an xsd file
3. Click Open With (right side of the Open button)
4. Select XML Editor
5. Click Set as default
6. Done.  From now on, the schemas will be open in the source view

--
Stan Kitsis
Program Manager, XML Technologies

"Joe" <jagarb@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I never use the designer to work with my XSD, and it hangs for a few
> seconds when opening so I have to wait before I can switch to code
> view. How can I change the default to open the code / source?
>
> I searched on here and saw a post which seemed to answer my question,
> saying to go to Tools - Options - XML Designer, but there is no such
> section in the Options menu in my version of the program.
>
> Thanks

0
skits (68)

code to allow edits in form AND subform
Ok, here goes............. I have a form (frmBOL) which contains a subform (sfrmData). I have this code working to allow the form to be edited, but I can't seem to incorporate the subform into it. Everything I try gives me an error. Can anyone help? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Dim sPassword As String sPassword = Nz(Me.txtPassword.Value, "") ' if it is a valid password, we let them edit the ' form that called this form. The calling form is ' responsible for check that the current user is ' either the QA tech on the record, or a me...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

How to modify quote.dot, where is the code?
Hello, I'd like to modify the standard template that CRM 3 uses for mail merging quotes (called Quote.dot). When I open quote.dot, I can see how the products are listed using a "Directory" mail merge, but I cant see where the standard header details are coming from (Adventureworks). There are no macros (that I could find). Is there some code behind this template, if so where can I find/edit it ?? Thanks, Ido Hi Ido, I asked the same question a few days ago but no-one picked up on it - lets hope you get an answer. Ian "Ido" <Ido@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Need an open house sign in sheet

Error on simple VBA code
I am trying to set the post to GL flag as checked on inventory batch window. The code is very simple: Private Sub BatchID_Changed() Me.PosttoGeneralLedger = 1 End Sub I tried this same code with different events but the error is the same. The error I am getting is Run time error 1007. Unsafe operation. An attempt was made to set a value which violates the application's business logic. What could be the issue here and how can I resolve it. Thank you. KT: The problem here is that a bunch of nested code runs behind the BATCHID button change event. I scripted it so you can see: *****...

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

vs2003 & xsd:extension
Hello, I have already read several existing posts about xsd:extension, but do not find something useful to my test case. I have one xml file and one xsd file. I can use a simple command line (C#) program to validate the xml file against the xsd file without any error. The problem is that when I validate the same xml file within VisualStudio 2003, I got five errors, which are all related to xsd:extension. It seems that those "problem" attributes and elements are not inherited in the derived type. Here is one of the famous error: Could not find any attribute 'routingNum'...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Outlook error codes
I would appreciate any help! Outlook 2007 refuses to startup, error messsage: catastrophic failure (0x8000FFFF) and the following: C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\ Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. error code now being displayed: 0x80040119 (is this a registry problem?) the above was the default folder and as such contains a large amount of my inaccessible data Have been unable to activate (or even locate) inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe), which I understand was installed with Outlook have neutralized spyware uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2007, to no ...

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Viewing Data by Weeks
I have a table which has various defects that may occur in an area. I want to create a query which views the data by the week in the year (i.e. the first week of the year is week 1, etc). My data set starts on June 3, 2007 which is week 23. One of my problems is that there are some weeks where there are no defects, and I want that to show as 0. So ultimately what I want to see is something like: Week Defects 23 1 24 0 25 0 26 4 27 5 Now, I've tried a few different methods after reading various posts here. I&#...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

How to add more that one tables or queries to report record source
How to add more that one tables or queries to report record source? In Access 2003. Hi All, Add more than one tables or queries to report record source. Thanks. "TP88" wrote: > How to add more that one tables or queries to report record source? In Access > 2003. Create a new query in design view. Add as many tables and/or queries as is appropriate. Join them on their common fields. Select fields from them to display in the output. Save the query. Run it to make sure it retrieves the data you want. Create a report and point it to the new query ...

I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.
How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home. You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that allows you to import excel files. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF00A029-F488-4D1D-8257-B55F4E96A681@microsoft.com... > How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have > Excel ins...

Barcodes Code
I am trying to print a barcode in the 128 code. Though it seems the public domain/GPL ones of the truetype do not print a scanable barcode. Is there any suggestions... Or if anyone can point me into the right direction on how to do this or point me in direction of one that will work with access or excel 2000 or 2003. Much appreciated. Or help me figure out WHY it isnt producing a readable one in 128.. Hi Lester, Perhaps the problem is with the resolution on your printer. Try printing the barcode larger. Perhaps even turn off print to fit under print, page setup. --- HTH, David McRi...