Offline synch using XML web-services

This is a bit long-winded. Can somebody read thru these 2 use cases, and
tell me if it is feasible ? :-

Use Case : Replication before Offline Synch

Scenario 1 : Oracle Server , MSDE client

1. User clicks on 'Go Offline'. System creates a MSDE SQL  database in
laptop (client), gets the schemas of the tables in Oracle, creates
corresponding tables in client's MSDE SQL (mapping Oracle datatypes to SQL
datatypes).
2. Offline replication program reads in the tables of the server into a
typed datasets, converts the typed datasets into XML, and stores the XML in
the client. (XML serialization).
3. After all the tables have been converted into serialized XML files,
another client side program reads these XML files, and updates them into the
SQL server. The question is , will ADO.NET's XML classes know how to convert
the datatypes of Oracle into the datatypes of SQL ?

------------------------------
Use Case : Offline Synch

Scenario 1 : Oracle server , MSDE client

1. User is offline. He makes transactions. These transactions are stored in
a log table in MSDE database in client laptop.
2. When user connects to his web application on the internet, clicks on
'Synch' button, the synch program converts the log data into XML, and sends
them as SOAP to a web-service. The web-service reads the data and converts
into a typed dataset , and then updates the dataset to the Oracle database
in the server. Again, the question is, will ADO.NET automatically convert
the datatypes of MSDE to Oracle ?

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

offline cache mode GPO
Good afternoon, I have configured outlook 2003 and exchange 2003 for 150 users. I enabled offline cache mode and forced an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes. Since this decreasing user's performance I would like to disable "every X minutes" and enable the send/receive action on close Outlook. Does anybody knows the GPO or registry setting for this? I already have the OUTL11.adm loaded. kr dimi You will need to use the Custom Maintenance Wizard for this -- Screen 17, Send/receive Settings. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - J...

Booking Resources using Outlook and OWA
Hi We're a new Exchange/Outlook shop, and I am having a little trouble setting up our shared resources to be able to be booked (scheduled) by users. I have read a lot of documentation on the Web, including the very helpful info at slipstick.com: http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/skedresource.htm Following the instructions outlined on this website, I setup the resources as users in Active Directory, and assigned Author permissions on the calendar to users who need to schedule the resource. For Direct Booking to work properly, all the documentation strongly emphasizes that the user MUST ...

how can i open an excel file using microsoft works? or can I?
Hi Wilberich, I do not think that Works can open Excel Files. To open Excel files for viewing purposes, Microsoft provides a freely downloadable viewer at: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx Alternatively, OpenOffice offers much of Excels functionality and is freely downloadable at: http://www.openoffice.org The download is in excess of 60MB but a CD version is available at a nominal price. Another alternative might be to check Ebay for cheap xl2k offers. --- Regards, Norman "wilberich" <wilberich@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Can I use sp w/ parameter as row source for a combo box?
I have a working stored proc that takes one parameter and gives me exactly what I need for populating a combo box. The stored proc does sums on the results of a UNION query with 3 very distinct components - the only variable is a 'region_id' parameter. Is there a way to reference the sp as the combo box source and pass in the parameter? I have no problem with tweaking the cbo's properties at run time. If not, then I guess I could define the view to do the summing with the region as one of the GROUP BY's and then in the front end write SQL to only grab the summed ...

Offline [WP]
Offline Address Book is not updating? Not sure where to look for trouble. Advise Please. Thank you In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Offline Address Book is not updating? > > Not sure where to look for trouble. > > Advise Please. > > Thank you Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx or google. have you done a rebuild? see if anything here helps: http://su...

XML getting the namespace
Hi, I'm working on a ASP.NET component with one requirement being to catch Web Service exceptions. I've managed to get it working using the following code XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); doc.LoadXml(se.Detail.OuterXml); XmlNamespaceManager nsManager = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable); nsManager.AddNamespace("prefix", "http://localhost/site/test/ webservice.asmx"); string errorMessage = doc.DocumentElement.SelectSingleNode("// prefix:ErrorMessage", nsManager).InnerText; Response.Write("Error message:" + errorMessage); The issue i...

Collect used areas of multiple spreadsheets into one...
Let me try to explain my problem. Basically I am trying to set up a petty cash system where each person has his own sheet - that I then want to collect into one big Master sheet. I have 10 sheets in a workbook (lets call them cash1, cash2, cash3 etc). They all have the same layout and formulas... The areas where the people input the data that I want copied is ranging from A9-I34. I could do a simple =and refer to each cell in the different sheets. But there might not be information in all the rows (A9 to I34) in all of the indvidul sheets. To avoid having a long list with empty rows I wo...

use of recordset
Hi, I used to work with CRecordset from MFC (VC++ 6.0) to connect to Mysql database.(via odbc connector) I think CRecordset are not easy to manipulate. - when I open a table, I think that all the table is loaded - to get a field, you have to get all the line - I don't know how make select count(*) from table and get result. Are there other solutions more effciency? Perhaps I don't use the good tools. Thank for your help Jeff "J-F Portala" <jfportala@free.fr> ha scritto nel messaggio news:481ed2d9$0$14937$426a74cc@news.free.fr... > I used to work with CReco...

Using only forms, Not queries
HI, How can we restrict users to enter/view data only through forms and Never queries? When a form uses a query to access the table, we need to give the rights to read, insert and update anycase. Then what stops the user from using the Query directly? Request some clarification. Thanks a lot Ramesh You most certainly can, and should hide all of the ms-access interface. The options to complete hide and keep people out of the ms-access interface can easily be done using the tools->start-up options. Using those options allows you to complete hide the ms-access interface (tool ba...

Help
I'm trying to import a stock portfolio listing using a web query from MSN web site. Not getting the proper data. Excel procedure follows: click on data tab, get external data from web new web query box pops up put in web address (moneycenteral.msn.com/home.asp) my stock portfolio listing appears with yellow arrow next to it click on arrow, turns to a green check mark click on import What happens is that Excel is not importing the stock listings but some other data from the msn web site. I also tried a similar procedure using the Fidelity web site - same problem, Excel does not import...

problem while using excel
hi, exel sheet displaying page number in background in each and every cell of my sheet in background And displaying message first while opening the sheet as "margins doesn't fit can you please help me with this issue?? View > Normal -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200786 While i am using excel, when i try to copy and paste words, the program becomes very sluggish. very laggy and slow. how do i resolve this? You probably have a lot of formulae, go to TOOLS>OPTIONS>CALCULATION and change it to manual, you can then calculate the workbook by pressing F9, take a look ...

Generate XML from XSD
I have a pretty complex schema that I am working with and I am using this to try and create a dynamic interface with a TreeView and ListView control. I believe I can get this to work but when I go to add nodes to my tree I need to know what choices are available so I assume I need to generate the base XML from the XSD schema. Can anyone tell me if this is the correct way to go or can tell me how to do this? I need to keep the interface as generic as possible. Thanks, Matt ...

Using Margin to calculate Sell Price
In Excel, if I know cost and the margin I want, what formula do I use to calculate sell price? One way Assume you have in A1:C2 CostPrice Margin SellPrice $2.00____10%_____?? Put in C2: =A2*(1+B2) C2 (formatted as currency) will return: $2.20 (the selling price based on a 10% margin) Copy C2 down to compute likewise for other rows -- Rgds Max xl 97 -- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com --- "MarkMan1" <MarkMan1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17CD5109-16C5-41F8-B2DA-F1691D751A44@microsoft.com... > In Excel, if I kno...

0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode
I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN. He also uses offline mode and he has cached mode selected. After the migration when he was on the new server he was getting the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions" when he hit send and receive. But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok. He wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive. Does anyone know what would cause this? All research I have done says that it is an access issue, or a service pack, windows update issue. I don't think...

How to format a Date attribute using javascript/jscript?
I am using an onChange event to dynamically create 1 attribute from 3. One of the attributes is a date of the format "1/18/2008". When the date gets put together with the other 2 attributes, it is of the format "Tue Jan 18 00:00:00 EST 2008". I've tried several javascript functions to try and change the date to be displayed as "2008-1-18 " when combined with the other 2 attributes but with no success. Anyone know how to format dates when using javascript/jscript? Thanks for any help you can offer! Andy. Hi Andy, You need something like following...

Using Blackberry to update CRM
I'm almost positive that this will work, but I'd like someone out there to confirm it. If a user has a Blackberry that connects to Exchange using BlackBerry's server integration software, and that user edits a record that syncs to Exchange, will that change be reflected in CRM 3, assuming that the record is tagged for tracking in CRM? I can't see why it wouldn't work, but I want to make sure. Thanks for any feedback! -Eric. Sorry this will not work. YOu might want to check out tendigits.com for a full blackberry integration to CRM ==============================...

Forcing IE to open Excel on a web page with the excel toolbar
I would like show the toolbar of excel when i open a file .xls on Internet Explorer. How can i do? Thanks Deve ...

Opening Microsoft Excell via http link from web
We have several web pages that with frames that link to an excel file on a file server. With the windows explorer option selected to "browse in same browswer", when the link is clicked, the file opens without any excel toolbars. Is there a way to 1) manually turning turn on the toolbars 2) automatically always display a toolbar Thank you in advance for any help Jim Hofmeister ...

Offline Files
IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. Thanks Can you put eight cars in a one-car garage or four feet into a shoe? BillVAS wrote: > IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? > > We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted > csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. > > Thanks Well I'm just wondering why all that data needs to be offline? Russ --...

How to start the default mail program using Excel VBA?
From Excel (using VBA) I want to click a button and start the default mail program installed on the computer. After this I want to prepopulate the TO line in Outlook Express or Outlook (depending on what's installed on the machine) with a few e-mail addresses (stored in my spreadsheet). Any sample code for this please? Thanks in advance Michalakis Michael michalakis_michael@hotmail.com >From MSDN, a good article, "Different Ways to Take Advantage of the E-mail Features of Excel" located at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odc_xl2003_ta/...

Use range to move data between worksheets
Hi, I'm trying to use an array and a range to modify and copy data between 2 worksheets, but when I try to access a sheet that isn't activated, Excel gives me a runtime error 1004. Here is my code: Sub Calc_data() Dim rowIndex As Integer Dim colIndex As Integer Dim iPoints As Integer Dim iCols As Integer Dim mult As Double Dim temp Dim TempArray() Dim TheRange As Range iPoints = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("numPoints") iCols = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("numCols") ReDim TempArray(1 To iPoints, 1 T...

Outlook 2003 "OFFLINE" issue.
Hi, Since we upgraded the Exchange 2003 to SP2, some of our users encountered an issue where their Outlook client 2003 were "Offline" by itself. The users need to manually uncheck the "Work Offline" to reconnect the server. As far as i know, if there is a network issue, it should be "Disconnected", I did simulate this by unplug the network cable. Is there any issue with SP2 ? Please help... Thanks. Rgrds, Zul I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was a windows thing with a SID and the domain but now I think it is Outlook and some problem...

Excel and creating a menu for regularly used files
In word, you can click Tools/Customize, click the commands tab, select Built in menu's and drag the command work up onto your menu bar. By clicking "Add to work menu" on the newly created work menu, you are able to open regularly used documents easily. I would like to do this in excel. Following all the same steps above, I get to the built in menu's - but (oh no!!!) there is no work command. Does anybody have any ideas as to how I can add this command? {:o{ See if this solution work for you: http://www.tek-tips.com/gpviewthread.cfm/qid/657504/pid/68/lev2/3/lev3/18 -- H...

Error Downloading OffLine Address Book from Exchange Server 2000 in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am posting this message in the hope that somebody will be able to assist me with an issue that my users are experiencing. Currently when my users are attemptting to download the 'Offline Address Book' from within Outlook 2003 SP1 from our Exchange server which is running Exchange 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 installed. They get the following error message when using their mailbox in non-cached mode: An error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange offline address book on the Exchange server When they do the following command combination: Tools - Send/Receive - Downl...