Number format problem in web method

     Hi all, I have a funny problem.
     I have a function in Windows Application, which builds dataset in run
time, adds data into the dataset and returns XML. One of dataset columns has
System.Double type. If I try to insert into this column number in format
"###0.00", in the output XML I'll recieve for example "123.45". It works
fine.
     But, if I try to run the same code from the webmethod , I recieve error
number format (without "."), for example "12345".
     What I need to check, reinstall, rebuild, ......?
Thank's for help
0
Ada (2)

ADA wrote:

> If I try to insert into this column number in format
> "###0.00", in the output XML I'll recieve for example "123.45". It works
> fine.
>      But, if I try to run the same code from the webmethod , I recieve error
> number format (without "."), for example "12345".

Please post the relevant code you use to try to format the number. Then
post the exact error message and tell use which line of the code gives
that error.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close #2
After installing Microsoft service pack (sp2) and while opening Outlooks 2000 (Office 2000);I recieved this error message, "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close." Can anyone offer a suggestion to fix this problem? >-----Original Message----- >After installing Microsoft service pack (sp2) and while >opening Outlooks 2000 (Office 2000);I recieved this error >message, "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and >needs to close." > >Can anyone offer a suggestion to fix this problem? >. > i have the same pro...

Numbering
Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:07:02 -0700, carosaam <carosaam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? Yes. Do you mean for the process names or function names? Yes. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ Electrical for Visio http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/ Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

negative number to positive number
How can I change a negative number to positive number Multiply by -1 or use the ABS() function. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I change a negative number to positive number =ABS(##) or mult it by -1 -- Regards Rob "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I chan...

Outputting a CString to File Problem
Hello, Currently I am using Visual C++ 2005 Pro, with an MFC application. However, when I attempt to output a CString to a file via ofstream, the resulting output is a hex value, not the text in the CString I intended. Does anybody have any ideas why this would happen? Here is the code snippet in question: CString sPathToSettings = GetWorkingDirectory(); sPathToSettings += "settings.ini"; ofstream OutFile(sPathToSettings); OutFile << sPathToSolution; OutFile.close(); BTW: The sPathToSettings string points to a valid path, as it does create a file successfully. ...

How do I expand the number of characters in Access comment box?
I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 characters in a "Comment" box. Hi, You could try changing your table's field type to Memo. Assuming that your are talking about a field in a table, that maybe shows on a form. If that is not the case, please describe precisely what comment box your are attempting to use. Clifford Bass Pearlene wrote: >I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 >characters in a "Comment" box. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Hide page numbers for mutliple discontiquous levels
Hi: I need to hide the page numbers for levels 1 and 7 in my TOC. I used the \n switch to hide level 1, but cannot find a way to specify multiple ranges for this switch. Is there a way to do this? I am using Word 2003. Phil You have to use a trick. See the "Omitting page numbers for noncontiguous levels" section of http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm#OmitPageNumbers -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Phillip Llacuna" <phillip.v.llacuna@lmco.com> wrote in me...

1-52 pages, 8,000 employee numbers
Dear Excel, I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees. The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages for each employee. Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it (0001 to 8000). Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the week number from 01 to 52. Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000 pages. Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us! How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel? Thanks On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13 <gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wr...

Sequential numbering in Number field
When I am entering transactions manually, I will put "Debit" or "VISA" to indicate how the withdrawl was made. When I download my account information, Money05 overwrites this with a sequential number. I have to go into the entry a second time to redo my change. Does anyone know how to turn this "feature" off? I want my values used - sequential numbering does not help me in the slightest. This is not a "feature" you can turn off. It's a reflection of the basic premise of downloaded transaction data. The presumption with downloading data...

V-Lookup Data Formats Imported from Crystal
When I use data imported from Crystal in a V-Lookup, it appears to be in number or general format, but the lookup function fails. I can make it work cell by cell if I copy from one list to another, but that is slow! Any way to get imported data into the correct format automatically? -- Hudd Hi try after importing: - select an empty cell and copy it - select your importted data - goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Hudd wrote: > When I use data imported from Crystal in a V-Lookup, it appears to be > in number or ...

Windows 7 AD problem
Frustrating issue here: I have a windows server 2003 AD infrastructure. I Windows 7 as my company computers. I have 1 user (user A) that, when logged into the network, loses control of his screen when user B starts typing. I have made sure that IPs are not conflicting. I have created different accounts for both of them but still keep having the same bad luck. It is causing user A to not be able to work because whenever user B is typing an e-mail it literally takes control of user A's screen and starts typing into whatever program he has open. I have never seen nor ...

Cant find the bugs in the code
I am grateful to any help and suggestions what to do! Here ar the subs I expect to make the users able to copy and paste between and within sheets. It doesn't work properly. Sometimes when I change som parts, it works partly, but never completly: - Not allow draganddrop - On every change of a range or cell an new fresh format template sheet shall be pastespecial(xlpasteFormulas) to be able to hadle merged cells in clipboard etc. -Not create a loop - Keep the sheet1 protected Please - what is wrong? i have tried to use less selection & activate code, but i could't make it right eit...

Excel 2008 hyperlinks won=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=92?=t save on .xlsx format, but will save in xls format.

How to define cells so that only numbers can be filled?
Hi, How could I format cells in excel so that only numbers can be filled The input should be integer e.g. between 0...99 and cells shoud no accept any other marks, such as space, letters... simply nothing els but integers. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Juha! Try: Data > Validation You'll find it pretty intuitive and very flexible as to what you can do as far a restricting input to a cell. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available fre...

Missing assembly when installing Web Services for GP 2010
Trying to install Web Services for Dynamics GP 2010 2003 Server R2 - 64-bit edition I seutp the webstore using the azman.msc, but I get this error when trying to give the connection to the Web Services installer. On "Active Directory Connection Information" part of the installer, I enter the servername leave the port as the default and enter the partition name that I setup previously. I hit next and get the message "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Interop.Security.AzRoles, version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31b3856ad364e35', or ...

Number of Cells in a column
Hi, I want to add this formula in my ESS. COUNTIF(sheet1!S2:S43,"*Yes*") to find out the number of value containing "YES". My concern is I don't have fixed count from S2 to S43. It could be something else. What can I do to have this code reusable? I thought something like COUNTIF(Sheet!S2:Count($S2),"*Yes*") \But it doesnt work Thanks for your help Jack Try this if there is nothing else in that column:- =COUNTIF(sheet1!S:S,"*Yes*") -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - ...

problem receiving mails for remote clients.....
hai all, we are using exchange 5.5 and we have 6 branches they all connect to exchange server remotely using outlook 2000 with pop3 ip address before everything ok from two days to what it is showing for clients when they press send and receive downloading mail from '202.125.85.187'........ Receiving message 1 of 9 Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details. Receiveing mail on account 202.125.85.187 Failed then in outlook...

General Number Format Changed
Excel 2003 on XP I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays as 0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box. ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you get "1". Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard? Many thanks DeanH Sorry that should have been: ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in "1." (as in 1.0) you get "1". "DeanH" wrote: > Excel 2003 on XP > I have a collegue who's Excel setting for G...

Problems migrating PST files from Outlook 2000 to 2003
One of the users I support bought a new laptop with Office2003 on it. Her old machine had all the mail in 2 PST files (outlook.pst and archive.pst.) After setting up her mail (Internet mail for her home office,) I copied over the pst files. I closed outlook and set up the personal folders from the mail icon in the control panel. I selected the folder type as outlook 97~2002. When I open outlook, I can see the folders within the personal folders but not the mail. I tried the inbox repair tool but it didn't help. This is the first time I've worked with Outlook2003 and frankly ...

Numbering, revisited
While there are already a lot of posts about numbering, I haven't been able to find the solutions for my specific quandry... [BTW, I'm posting this under "General" even though ultimately I'd like to make macros to support the answer -- since a manual solution needs to be the first step! :) ] Background: My workgroup is preparing to migrate to Word 2007 very soon. We create/maintain hundreds of large procedure manuals, each containing multiple chapters (sometimes up to 40-50 per manual). Each chapter consists of steps, using multi-level numbered lists...

Limit number of characters in a cell
Hi, Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a cell. I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't want them to be more than 35 characters. Thanks for the help Dr. Senji Take a look at Data|Validation. You can have excel yell at the user when they hit enter after typing in a too-long string. Dr Senji wrote: > > Hi, > > Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a > cell. > > I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't > want the...

transaction number in PC Charge
Is there any way to manage the fields that should go to PC Charge while tendering credit cards in RMS. The problem is that transaction number ( called Ticket in PC Charge) doesn't appear in PC Charge and that cost as extra money. Regards, Ewa ...

Case, Quote numbering
We should have the ability to number the cases without having a suffix. If we do have a suffix, we should be able to define the suffix. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

URL/link problems, isv.config, window.dialogArguments
Hi, I created a new webSite (and virtual directory) in the same server of CRM (3.0) but another port (I can´t keep CRM and my webSite in the same port). I changed the isv.config and add a button with a URL that link to page in my webSite: <ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1"> <Button Title="CORPORE --> CRM" Url="http://myServerNname:85/Corpore.NET/CRMMSIntegraAlunoCorporeCRMMSProcessando.aspx" PassParams="1" WinParams="dialogHeight: 400px; dialogWidth: 600px; dialogTop: px; dialogLeft: px; edge:...

proxy problems
I WiFi connect at a lot of places, including the library a few blocks from my house. The library uses BlueSocket for authentication. They use a proxy to surf the net on their system, and I type in that proxy from my laptop and either ethernet or wifi in. My problem is that I can't get Outlook to work under their proxy. Normally outlook just sucks the proxy off explorer, and that works. It's not working in this case. I just get a 0x800ccc0e error (Unable to find server.) Can I set up separate proxies in Outlook? And is that what I need to do? Any help, please? ...

Rounding numbers to the nearest thousand
Simple question (i hope) Is there a simple way i can round numbers to the nearest thousand by using the format cells command. For example i would like to display 1,234.56 as 12 I don't want to be diving by 1000 and rounding to zero decimal places because i still want the whole number displayed in the formula bar when selecting it. i use excel 2003 thanx Mark Format the number as #,##0,;-#,##0, or similar. Not the comma at the end - this tells Excel to display as thousands (two commas here will display as millions). Note that 1,234.56 will display as 1 (thousand) not 12. "...