Nillable Attribute Help Please

Greetings,

I have a bit of XML I am looking at that puzzles me.

<s:element [max occurs, minoccurs info here]
name="MyElement" nillable="true"

This is where I am puzzled.  I looked up "nillable" but
only got info on "nil"

Nil states that if set to true that the value can't have
content in it.  If false the value must have content.

This guy was generated WSDL that refers to a function
that passes a parameter, where "MyElement" is the name of
the parameter.  It is not optional and requires a value
(it is a string if that helps)

So what's the deal?  I am confused... it has to have a
value but according to documentation nil set to true
means it can't have content.

Anyone help?

You can read http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#ref20 for information about
nillable and xsi:nil

"IcedCrow" <charoncrow@aol.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I have a bit of XML I am looking at that puzzles me.
>
> <s:element [max occurs, minoccurs info here]
> name="MyElement" nillable="true"
>
> This is where I am puzzled.  I looked up "nillable" but
> only got info on "nil"
>
> Nil states that if set to true that the value can't have
> content in it.  If false the value must have content.
>
> This guy was generated WSDL that refers to a function
> that passes a parameter, where "MyElement" is the name of
> the parameter.  It is not optional and requires a value
> (it is a string if that helps)
>
> So what's the deal?  I am confused... it has to have a
> value but according to documentation nil set to true
> means it can't have content.
>
> Anyone help?

0
dareo (72)

help: Installed Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 over WSS
And now I can't access the Business Portal or my old WSS sites. We're running Microsoft Business Portal for Great Plains on top of WSS 2.0. Today I installed Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 without first reading the migration guide (stupid of me). Now I can't get the old WSS sites or the Business Portal site to load. I created a new virtual server for the Sharepoint Portal Server before installing it and I believe the Sharepoint Portal created a new MSDE database so it didn't wipe out the old SHAREPOINT MSDE database. I need to get the Microsoft Business Portal and the old WSS ...

Problem: Attribute "border" exists, but can not be used for this element
hi asp.net 3.5 when validating my site I get the error mention in the subject of this post, here is the source code generating the problem. I mean thisis the source code taken from the browser: <span><input type="image" name="ctl00$Login2$LoginView1$Login1$Submit" id="ctl00_Login2_LoginView1_Login1_Submit" src="Images/Go.gif" alt="alt text is here" onclick="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new WebForm_PostBackOptions(&quot;ctl00$Login2$LoginView1$Login1$Submit&quot;, &quot;&quot;, true, &...

<HELP> Excel has too many issues (VBA) <HELP>
I have a list of questions that i need clarification on. If anyone has answers to any of these, a reply would be of great help. All the question are related to VBA. 1. How do i access previous values of a cell when detecting a change? 2. How can i access applications undo history? 3. In Worksheet_change how can i get the list of cells that have changed due to calculations? 4. How do i detect that weather a cell has a formula or not? 5. In a worksheet, how can i come to know what is the location of the cell that defines the size of the data matrix? 6. How can i get the user action of insert/de...

Help with a subquery
This is a subquery that Duane helped me with to calculate hours for the previous 7 days: HoursLast7: (SELECT SUM(On_Duty_Hours) FROM [Driver Hours] t WHERE t.Hours_ID = [Driver Hours].Hours_ID AND t.Hours_Date BETWEEN [Driver Hours].Hours_Date -6 and [Driver Hours].Hours_Date) What I would like to do is to have the total reset to zero if any two consecutive days in the previous 7 equal zero. Do I need a separate query/subquery or can this be done inside of the current one? Thanks Justin Thomas >> t.Hours_Date BETWEEN [Driver Hours].Hours_Date -6 and [Driver Hours].Ho...

help with embedded files not displaying
anyone run into a situation where embedded files copied into the body of an email don't display. Did before, but somehow a setting got changed. Thank you, randy What version of Outlook? Note that this is only supported for Rich Text format which is the least compatible mail format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "randy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:002c01c48aea$cac31760$3501280a@phx.gbl... >...

attribute
I followed the guide in PCWorld to convert my Outlook from 2002 to 2003 attributes. When I looked at it the next day, it was back to 2002. "Asussertown" <DROPsusertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:%23KawWpzCGHA.1124@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I followed the guide in PCWorld to convert my Outlook from 2002 to 2003 > attributes. When I looked at it the next day, it was back to 2002. > If you want help please remember that the newsgroup members where not party to whatever you were doing. What did you want to do? What exactly did you do? And what has happened...

Help, experts needed! Auto notification
I have an excel spreadsheet with five columns. On column D I have a drop down list with four choices ("n/a" , "Grp1" , "Grp2" , "Grp3"). When a row is filled in, one of the four choices in column D has to be choosen. When the user exits the spreadsheet an email is automatically sent to three different individuals based on what was choosen in column D. I.E. If "Grp1" was choosen person A, B, and C gets and email notifying them that they need to do something. When "Grp2" is choosen then person D, E, F are notified. And so o...

Field attributes
How do you create a check box instead of a radio button? How do you add a mask to a phone number (ie. instead of 4023440500 (402)344-0500 - I see field types for things like email and ticker symbols??? Joe, The field types you are seeing only affect how the data is shown back to the user. So, the ticker symbol & email come back as clickable links that you can click on instead of just regular text boxes. They don't impact editing in anyway. Putting in data masks might be something on the horizon, but for now, there is now way to do this with the supplied functionality. If you a...

Help with forms
I´ve been searching for a while and can´t find a topic related to my problem. Hi, hope that someone can help me with this! I have two forms CM-OR related to a table ORÇAMENTO and the form CM-EC related to the table ENCOMENDA. I need to insert a checkbox, named ACEITE on CM-OR, and activate it when the number inserted on the field ORÇAM (from table ENCOMENDA) of the form CM-EC is equal to the field NºORÇAMENTO (primary key of table ORÇAMENTO) of the CM-OR form. Thanks in advance Use the AfterUpdate event for ORÇAM of CM-EC to check equality and to enabl...

read-only attribute
All of a sudden, I can't edit any of my word docs because they all claim to be read-only. However, when I check the properties, the read-only box for the file I'm using isn't checked. Until today, I was always able to edit and overwrite my files. Please advise. See the article "I keep getting files that I am working on locked for editing. Word only allows me to open them read-only” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid c...

Who could help me about smart pointer?
Hello all: There is a method Add and interface ISMath In my compont using ATL,but when I compile my client software ,it always display: error C2039: 'Add' : is not a member of 'CComPtr<struct ISMath>' Look: #include <atlbase.h> #include "Com_01.h" #include "Com_01_i.c" void main() { HRESULT hr; hr=CoInitialize(NULL); if(FAILED(hr)) { cout<<"Initialize COM failed"<<endl; return; } CComPtr<ISMath> *pISMath; hr=CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SMath,NULL,CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER,IID_ISMath,(void** )&pI...

help!
I use MS Money every few weeks to update my after tax accounts. It does a good job. When I tried today, it won't connect to any three of my accounts. It just says "update in process" next to all of my accounts. I have the password in the promt box (I read the note on merging accounts).. do you think that is the fix? Any help would be appreciated. I was unable to update my accounts late Friday night, but OK Saturday afternoon, then unavailable again late Saturday. This is usual for Bank of America as they do maintenance on weekends. This MAY be your issue or it could...

Listing Entities and Attributes from a XML Schema
Hi all.. ..NET + MSXML platform....VB Need to build a list of all the entities and attributes to allow the user to do search...how can i do that from the schema ?? Cheers Rohit Rohit Sharma wrote: > .NET + MSXML platform....VB Are you sure you are using MSXML? Actually .NET doesn't include MSXML in any form. > Need to build a list of all the entities and attributes to allow the user to > do search...how can i do that from the schema ?? Could you provide some sample of what are you looking for? It's not clear, whether you need all attributes in schema file or all attr...

Could somebody please tell me what this means.
From http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-32.html What is the "Current event procedure" I have never heard of anything like this. Step 2: In the form's Current event procedure, enter this line: Call ReloadSuburb(Nz(Me.Suburb, "")) Avid Fan wrote: >From http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-32.html > >What is the "Current event procedure" I have never heard of anything >like this. > >Step 2: In the form's Current event procedure, enter this line: > > Call ReloadSuburb(Nz(Me.Suburb, "")) Open...

help
Hello, I imported some transactions and later deleted them. Now when I try and import from my bank, M2004 does not import them. I have to manually enter them. Is there a way to tell money to import again? Money acts like it is out of sync with my bank transactions. Thanks for the help. Frank In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: > >I imported some transactions and later deleted them. >Now when I try and import from my bank, M2004 does not import them. I have >to manually enter them. > >Is there a way to tell money to import again? Not short of disabling online acce...

optional nillable values
Hi, I have added an optional nillable element to a schema like this - .... <xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="Id" type="xs:int" nillable="true"/> .... A class is generated from this using xsd.exe and which is used by a web service where it makes it's way into the wsdl as: <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="Id" nillable="true" type="s:int" /> Now when the client consumes the web service I get a class class Thing { [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementA...

Please Help with Formula
Hello, Could someone please help me with the following? I'm trying to come up with a formula that will total specific cells if certain conditions exist. For example: Column D = Account No. Column E = Amount (in Dollars) Column I = Total for the Month Every time Column D has the Account Number 4 placed in it with the dollar amount in Column E, I need a formula in Column I that will total the dollar amounts (of Column E) each time the Account Number is 4 (in Column D). Keeping in mind that Column D will have other Account Numbers other then the number 4 throughout the month. ...

Domain-HELP
My question is: I have a domain (MOM) and two child domains (KID1 and KID2). If I create a user on KID1 or KID2 and place the mailbox on MOM. The problem is: the mailbox will not shown in System's manager but I was able to send an email to that mailbox without the email coming back. ALSO, the user's name will not shown up in the GAL. Help me here.... BJ: Check your RUS settings. If you don't know what that is, then that's probably what's causing this issue, so read up on it. You need to have RUS set up for the subdomains since they don't have Exchange servers. ...

help with Excel Chart, Series name
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal Bilal, Manally, you do this with Chart - Source data - Series tab. There's a series name box. Select the series to be edited in the drop-down at the left first. It may have a cell reference currently in it, or you can...

Please Help! #2
I closed a Publisher file without saving. is there any way of recovering? Publisher help wrote: > I closed a Publisher file without saving. is there any way of recovering? Nope. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Date Conversion Help Wanted
I have a database that provides me a date in text format. ie: 06 APR 1895 07 NOV 2004 etc. I need to convert it to read 04061895 and 11072004 respectively I wrote a formula like this =TEXT(TRIM(A22),"mmddyyyy"), but it did no convert the pre 1900 dates. I then wrote the following, =LEFT(TRIM(A1),2)&TEXT(MONTH("11-"&MID(TRIM(A1),4,3)),"00")&RIGHT(TRIM(A1),4 but it gave me dates like 06041895 and 07112004 - DDMMYYYY How do I change it to read MMDDYYYY. I tried formatting etc but no go. Any help would be appreciated. Carlton -- carlton --------...

Help with Multiple Worksheet Setup
I have created a new workbook with 2 worksheets in Excel 2002. There is some text on both worksheets. Now I select both tabs, Sheet 1 and Sheet 2. I want to setup all worksheets to print 2 copies. With both tabs selected I go to Page Setup | Sheet | Options | Advanced | and change Copy Count to 2, non collated. Now when I go to File | Print I would expect to see 2 copies for both pages. For some reason it is not working. I see 2 copies for the last worksheet that I selected but only 1 copy for the other worksheet. Is this not the correct procedure or is there a problem with my Excel? ...

Macro Sorting Help
Hello, Need some help with a macro to sort addresses. I need it to sort two things, first by column named zip code, and once that is sorted I then need the column named street address sorted by street name and not by number, so end result is all addresses sorted by zip and under each sorted zip, the steet address will be in alphabetical order. Thank you JR ...

Apply Class Attribute to OVC
I'm building a custom Outlook Today page using the OVC. When I add a class attribute, the css is not recognized. Is this normal of the OVC? Did the changes to Outlook 2007 include eliminating the use of external stylesheets? ...

help and support center
cant use "favorites" or "locate in contents" ...