Newbie:Want to validate an xml using xsd and produce a new xml fil

Hi,
I want to validate my xml file using xml schema and produce new xml file
which confirms to that schema. I tried this using serializer() method. But
this doesn't give me the complete solution. If i delete some elements in my
xml schema, then the corresponding tags are deleted from my xml. But if i
change my element name or add a new element, the changes are not getting
reflected in the generated xml file. Can anyone help me to fix this.

Thanks.
0
Priya7318 (23)

use macro to change dates
I have never used macros before but am trying to convert dates using excel 2003. The dates are in the format of +1.123.456.1234 and I would like to change that to 123-456-1234. There are also some listed as 123.456.1234 and would like them to be the same as the first ones, that is, 123-456-1234. I tried using the "start recording" method and "stop recording" but the cursor just jumps back to the original cell when I try to use the recorded macro. I have 2000 cells to change. Anybody have a suggestion on how to change these? I looked at the VBE, but don't kno...

slowly bring clients to new server
I would like to setup a new server (SBS 2008) and bring clients over to it 2 at a time while the others are working on the old setup (SBS 2003) -- if i had them on separate networks (so the two didn't see each other) and they each had their own static IP for internet, what would the drawbacks be? That way i could bring our network up to the new server over a week instead of having downtime? The reason i want to do it slower is to convert each client computer to windows 7 (or back to XP for some) with clean installs since we had a nasty virus issue a bit ago and i don't beli...

importing data from webpage and using it.....
Hello, I am trying to import information from my verizon cell phone bill which u can look at online. The import procedure works fine just copying and pasting. It puts the separates the data into columns properly. The big thing tho is in the time column I want to be able to use that as a time.... not text. Excel doesn't see it that way. Even if I type timevalue(C2) where C2 is a cell containing the time it gives me #value So how do I convert it to a time. I did notice that there is no space between that time and AM or PM (ie: 08:00PM) so I tried a substitute function and added a ...

Tired and dumb. XML & the DOM
Hi all, I've spent literally hours trying to figure this one out. I'm re-developing an app from vb6 to vb.net, and I cannot get my XML code working. I've just started using .NET. I'm tired, highly annoyed and this is my problem (I know it is very easy for someone who has done this before): My entire XML file is here - The '<CALL_12260>' tag name is dynamic (the XML file is generated by something else), everything else stays the same. I would like to easily read the contents of every node selectively: <CDC> <CALL_12260> <JobKey>65</JobKey>...

Report works but then fails when used as a Sub-Report source
Hi, sorry if this sounds too easy or stupid, I've been trying for a couple of days now to get this to work and I've read a lot on here so hopefully didn't miss anything. I have a report that basically draws fields out of a table and displays them, nothing fancy. I need it to print 8 and then page break, again no problem as a report - it works. Now the main report has 5 of these sub reports and I figured I would work with it one at a time to get it right and eliminate re-doing a lot of work. When I use the report as the sub report source there are no page breaks and the report i...

How to sort using formula?
Does anybody know a trick to sort data using formula? Example: User input: 2,5,1,3,4 Formula result (referring to user input cells): 1,2,3,4,5 Thanks Arie Arie, I'm not sure about what you want but I'll give it a try. Suppose your user entry is in column A1:A5 Select B1:B5 ( B1 will be the highlighted "active" cell) and type =Small(A1:A5,{1,2,3,4,5}). Confirm the formula not with <ENTER> but with <CNTRL>+<SHIFT>+<ENTER>. Tis is called array input of the formula. In cell B1:B5 the figures you gave are now ordered (ascending). I hope this i...

Data Validation List Names
I have Excel 2007 and am attempting to use the data validation tool. I have created several lists in a separate worksheet and named them (In the name box). My drop down and options have shown correctly. However, I now need to make a few changes to the lists. I added a few extra cells with data to one of the lists and would like these options included in the drop down field on the main spreadsheet. Can someone tell me how to re-name my 'source' (list or range of cells) so that the added cells are now being referenced as well and all options show in the drop down? ...

formule met ALS (formula using IF)
Hi there, I'm a beginmner, trying to use formula's for (almost) the first time. In colum A I have about 220.000 barcodes eg: 0000040151595 0000040151595 0000040151601 0000050936885 0000050936885 0000050936915 0000050936922 0000050953127 0000087189025 0000087189025 0000087189032 0000087189032 0000087189049 0000087189049 0000087189056 0000087189056 0010343602229 0010343602229 0010343602236 0010343602236 Many of those barcodes are unique, but many more have doubles. By using data/sort, I sorted the barcodes, so that the double barcodes are standing side by side in the colum. Now I'm...

Newbie, accnts. payable & accnts.receivable sample DB
Hi guys, I�m running access 2003, windows xp pro SP2 I've been commission in my work to do a small application to track and report the accounts payable and accounts receivable movements, I'm not an accounting savvy person :(, does anyone know of a link or sample access database that can help me with the basic structure of the tables and reports?, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Cannot read the XML file if there is schema
Here is the XML file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> - <CTMS xmlns="ctms-20.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="ctms-20.xsd http://www.clinphone.com/schema/CTMS-20.xsd" transferType="Incremental" transferId="-1" previousTransferId="-1" creationDateTime="2006-10-13T01:01:01" metaDataVersion="1.0"> - <StudyData studyId="HGS1006C1056"> - <SubjectManagement countryId="USA" siteId="US123" patId=&q...

Using MSN on Windows mail...
I can send emails to other people but when i try to update my inbox i get this message: Account: 'HyperSound', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 What does this mean? please help. ^^ ~HS -- Hypersound Not sure what you mean "updating the Inbox" - but verify your account settings against the following: Live.com Settings: Server names and ports: POP3 = pop3.live.com Port = 995 SMTP = sm...

Use this important pack from the Microsoft Corporation
--hybfzhfcxy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vlmfeaxs"; type="multipart/alternative" --vlmfeaxs Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ndqpgzzghoghlvbnk" --ndqpgzzghoghlvbnk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vuln...

Can I validate data in a combo box vs another table?
I have a form used as a password screen with a combo box for password data entry. I have a table which houses the passwords. I need the combo box on the passwoprd form to screen the data entered to validate if an acceptable password was entered that matches the listing in the table. If it matches, I want to open a specific table with edit capabilities. If it doesn't match, I want an error to appear. That sounds like a very odd requirement. If the passwords are presented in a combo box, what prevents the user from simply selecting each possible password from the combo b...

Multiple Entries from Validated Data
On an excel spreadsheet that I have, I have a column which I want locked so only validated data can be placed in the cells. However, there are multiple acceptable choices (ie column 1 could include choice a and choice c). Is there any way to allow for this? You can do this with a data validation dropdown list and programming. There's an example here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Data Validation, look for 'DV0017 - Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List' Justin wrote: > On an excel spreadsheet that I have, I have a column which I want > locked ...

help corrupt file or not / which excel to use
Hi - I am using excel 97 and have a roster spreadsheet. I am the only one who uses it and in of the formulas used ( put in numerous cells ) the reference cell numbers have changed. the back up of the file last week have the original and correct values whilst the up to date one have changed. they have not been changed manually and are not related to other cells ? is it corrupt ? are the newer excel programs a lot more stable andrewm -- andrewm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ andrewm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

using jpegs in worksheets
Hello, I work at a museum, and tend to use jpegs a lot in worksheets. I have been copying them from an image viewer and pasting them into cells, after manually expanding the cell to fit the image. The result is a spreadsheet that is very helpful, but is also extremely large. I have one for a current exhibition that is something like 50-60 megs. I believe there is a way to put an image LINK into a cell instead of pasting the image in it, thereby saving a great deal of drive space and time (the huge worksheets I've been making take upwards of 5 minutes to open on even a good com...

Out of Office set-up with an exchage server help wanted
Hi I am trying to configure the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2000 & 2002. i don't use an exchnage server. Does anyone have any links to sites with step-by-step details on setting this up and creating an oft template? Sean Did you start this quest by reading http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248830? -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Sean" <fake@fake.com.au> wrote in message news:hmcb10h0ia7adv4f5v2u07aaaqa3o0gjbq@4ax.com... > > Hi > > I am trying to...

Brand New to OL 2007
Is there a way to subscribe to some of the conversations here using OL 2007? I have recently found these discussion pages and am reeling from all of the info, but do not want to go to the MS web site every time to look for something. I am new to the whole RSS, newsgroup thing, but learning every minute. You can subscribe, but it doesn't always notify you. Better is to use an NNTP client to read the groups. You can mark threads to watch or drag them to a mail folder (in OE) to review later. If a thread has an answer and you want to save it, create a folder in Outlook then copy a...

Password Protecting Validation Lists
It seems as though when you password protect a worksheet it still allows another user to change the intial selection selected when using Data Validation and allowing a specific entry as per a predefined List. Is there anyway to prevent changes to a Data Validation selection after protecting the worksheet??? Any thoughts would be helpful. Andrew Andrew If the cell with the Data Validation drop-down list is locked, users cannot change the selection when sheet is protected. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:17:16 -0400, "Andrew" <amwelt@bellsouth.net> wrote: &g...

Visio Newbie
Hello all, this is my first time using Visio for drawing a floor plan and I have a quick question. Yesterday, (Using a tape measure) I mapped out the floor plan of an office my company might be moving into. I wrote everything down in Inches. Is there a way once I get a room shape kinda close to teh measurements, that I can manually type in teh length for each wall? if not in inches, at least in feet. For example, I have one wall that is 154 inches ( 12.83 ft) Then the next wall is 242 incehs( 20.1 ft) The opposite wall of the first measurement is 288 inches, third wall 100 inches, then 13...

C++ / Access Newbie
Hi Folks... I have a small commercial package written in C++ (targeted to Windows platforms) that uses its own proprietary database. We are just starting to investigate the option of replacing our database with a commercial package, such as Access or MySQL. Can anyone recommend informative reading that provides details on programming C++ with either of these two databases? At this stage we have no (any I mean ZERO) experience such programming. Any information would be helpful: recommendations for Access over MySQL (or vice versa), sources of such comparisons, licensing considerations, OD...

Exchange newbie problem
Hi all; A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though they can get there mail just fine. We need to get the messages from this mailbox. Any ideas would be great -- Craig in the High Desert. craig@craignet.com But it's a dry heat. you should be able to reconnec...

No automatic validation check for formulas...
If the validation cell contains value only, when we input a wrong value in the cell, the validation checker will stop us from inputting. However if it is a formula, eg: A1 10 A2 8 A3 6 A4 sum(A1:A3) [value=24] Validation: =A4=24 So afterward, if I change any value from A1 to A3 and make the value of A4 unequal to 24, eg: A1 **9** A2 8 A3 6 A4 sum(A1:A3) [value=23] Validation: =A4=24 It won't stop/warn me in that way. The only thing I can do is to check by myself using the formula auditing toolbar and clicking the icon - "Circle Invalid Data". Do you know if there...

form validation determines which sheet to add data
Let's say I'm creating a form that a non tech savvy used car dealer uses to enter his newly acquired vehicles to the excel workbook. Each sheet of the workbook is a unique model year of the car. (That would allow him to quickly refer to all vehicles of a given year.) On the input form, I would like validation such that if he selected "2006" from the drop down list of vehicle years, the data from the form would be AUTOMATICALLY be added to sheet "2006", regardless of which sheet is currently showing at the time. What would the code look like? I su...

Using Visual Studio 6 on Dual Monitors
Is it possible to use VS on dual monitors? Yes. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OsH7GdsuDHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to use VS on dual monitors? > > Besides stretching the IDE to fit across them? I don't know. I run it stretched across 3 monitors every day. Annoying default window opening size though ;)... WTH:) "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OsH7GdsuDHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl.....