Newbie: Return a xml-document to client

Hi

I have a webservice that generates a xmldocument when you call it either
from a .aspx-site or with http-GET.
eg.  http://...ws.asmx/method?arg1&arg2
I now want to present this xmldocument for the user i his/her webclient (eg
Internet Explorer). I cannot return the xml-document as a dataset since
"
The same table (ContactAddress) cannot be the child table in two nested
relations.
   at System.Data.DataRelation.CheckNestedRelations()
"

A problem with the datasets. Hence my xmldocument isn�t compatible with a
dataset.

My question is how i should solve this problem. I can return a void and
simply Redirect to the place
where my xml-document is but that isn�t very nice.

And btw, how do I stream and return the xmldocument, it doesn�t seem
practicle to write a new
document for every request.

Regards
// Daniel

0
adaoja-7 (2)

Try returning the document element (see XmlDocument.DocumentElement
property) instead of the document.

Daniel D.C.

"Daniel Johansson" <adaoja-7@student.luth.se> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a webservice that generates a xmldocument when you call it either
> from a .aspx-site or with http-GET.
> eg.  http://...ws.asmx/method?arg1&arg2
> I now want to present this xmldocument for the user i his/her webclient
(eg
> Internet Explorer). I cannot return the xml-document as a dataset since
> "
> The same table (ContactAddress) cannot be the child table in two nested
> relations.
>    at System.Data.DataRelation.CheckNestedRelations()
> "
>
> A problem with the datasets. Hence my xmldocument isn�t compatible with a
> dataset.
>
> My question is how i should solve this problem. I can return a void and
> simply Redirect to the place
> where my xml-document is but that isn�t very nice.
>
> And btw, how do I stream and return the xmldocument, it doesn�t seem
> practicle to write a new
> document for every request.
>
> Regards
> // Daniel

0
sqldev (66)
8/12/2003 6:30:18 PM
It work�s!

Thank you very much!

Regards
// Daniel
"SQL Server Development Team [MSFT]" <sqldev@microsoft.com> skrev i
meddelandet news:eV7KC$PYDHA.2344@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Try returning the document element (see XmlDocument.DocumentElement
> property) instead of the document.
>
> Daniel D.C.

rights.
> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
> "Daniel Johansson" <adaoja-7@student.luth.se> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a webservice that generates a xmldocument when you call it either
> > from a .aspx-site or with http-GET.
> > eg.  http://...ws.asmx/method?arg1&arg2
> > I now want to present this xmldocument for the user i his/her webclient
> (eg
> > Internet Explorer). I cannot return the xml-document as a dataset since
> > "
> > The same table (ContactAddress) cannot be the child table in two nested
> > relations.
> >    at System.Data.DataRelation.CheckNestedRelations()
> > "
> >
> > A problem with the datasets. Hence my xmldocument isn�t compatible with
> > dataset.
> >
> > My question is how i should solve this problem. I can return a void and
> > simply Redirect to the place
> > where my xml-document is but that isn�t very nice.
> >
> > And btw, how do I stream and return the xmldocument, it doesn�t seem
> > practicle to write a new
> > document for every request.
> >
> > Regards
> > // Daniel

0
adaoja-7 (2)

Newbie, accnts. payable & accnts.receivable sample DB
Hi guys, I�m running access 2003, windows xp pro SP2 I've been commission in my work to do a small application to track and report the accounts payable and accounts receivable movements, I'm not an accounting savvy person :(, does anyone know of a link or sample access database that can help me with the basic structure of the tables and reports?, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Cannot read the XML file if there is schema
Here is the XML file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> - <CTMS xmlns="ctms-20.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="ctms-20.xsd http://www.clinphone.com/schema/CTMS-20.xsd" transferType="Incremental" transferId="-1" previousTransferId="-1" creationDateTime="2006-10-13T01:01:01" metaDataVersion="1.0"> - <StudyData studyId="HGS1006C1056"> - <SubjectManagement countryId="USA" siteId="US123" patId=&q...

Main dlg's DoModal returns -1
I just created a new Win32App Dialog-based project with Windows sockets support. When trying to run the program the main dialogs DoModal returns -1, so the application just terminates.Why? ...

Having an issue with CRM 3.0 Client
It seems as though when someone is tracking things into CRM from Outlook sometimes it appears that it cannot find CRM and the client stops working. I am unable to synch and I am unable to track anything into CRM. I have been uninstalling the Client and then reinstalling it. I don't want to have to do that. Is anyone out there experiencing the same issues? I really want to know if it is a bug in the new version of CRM 3.0 or if there is another solution to the problem? What version of the Laptop client are you running and have you applied all the latest patches/fixes for the cl...

Inserting Photos into a blank Publisher 2003 Document
When I go to insert & select a photo to insert, I can NOt see the photo but I can resize it. The graphics manager task pane shows all my pictures as "embedded"!? How can I stop photos from being embedded? They never used to be? Read the fourth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Teresa K" <Teresa K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14E724C7-EA35-496C-A657-3DF6AB723B0C@microsoft.com... > When I go to insert &...

Returns in SOP
Is it possible in SOP to copy the lines from an invoice into a return? Suppose I need to return an entire invoice. Do I have to create a return and then add each item to be returned? Can I just create the return, indicate the invoice to be returned and have all the lines be automatically added to the return? While the Sales Transaction Entry window is open go to the Menu bar and choose Extras then Create Return. Enter the Type ID, Customer and your invoice# then the system would list all the items on the invoice which you can choose for your return document. -- Microsoft Dynamics GP...

xml form
Hi, is there a product to edit xml-Files like Excel-Files, something that provides the xml-data in a form that lets 'innocent' users easily and error-tolerantly edit the data? Thanks for help, Chris ...

Auto Forward Undeliverable returns
I have setup a rule to automatically forward all emails received in the inbox. However, the rule will not auto forward undeliverable returns messages. I have tried several different rules, but have been unsuccessful at getting undeliverable notifications to be forwarded. Has anyone experienced this problem and or know how to resolve it. ...

Client/server service pack upgrades
We are looking to install a number of CRM upgrades and hotfixes this weekend. For several of them (for example, the Sales for Outlook Feature Pack), there is a server installation, and a client installation. We have many remote users, and it could be two-three weeks before we get the client installation out to these users. Will we have any issues if we go ahead and install the Server installations without the Client installations? Thank you, Paul McBride I dont think so. the server patches are for windows xp sp2 etc. the outlook features are client only -- John O'Donnell Microsoft ...

MFC memory leak, + return code help
Hi, I don`t use MFC often so maybe I`m asking a dumb question. I started noticing VC++6 reporting a memory leak when I ran the program in debug mode. Detected memory leaks! Dumping objects -> {27} normal block at 0x009A04C0, 33 bytes long. Data: < C > 00 43 00 CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD {26} normal block at 0x009A0510, 40 bytes long. Data: < |L > 14 7C 4C 10 16 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Object dump complete. Strange thing is I`m getting the same error in many of my MFC programs. So I tried removing parts of my code bit by bi...

Visio Newbie
Hello all, this is my first time using Visio for drawing a floor plan and I have a quick question. Yesterday, (Using a tape measure) I mapped out the floor plan of an office my company might be moving into. I wrote everything down in Inches. Is there a way once I get a room shape kinda close to teh measurements, that I can manually type in teh length for each wall? if not in inches, at least in feet. For example, I have one wall that is 154 inches ( 12.83 ft) Then the next wall is 242 incehs( 20.1 ft) The opposite wall of the first measurement is 288 inches, third wall 100 inches, then 13...

C++ / Access Newbie
Hi Folks... I have a small commercial package written in C++ (targeted to Windows platforms) that uses its own proprietary database. We are just starting to investigate the option of replacing our database with a commercial package, such as Access or MySQL. Can anyone recommend informative reading that provides details on programming C++ with either of these two databases? At this stage we have no (any I mean ZERO) experience such programming. Any information would be helpful: recommendations for Access over MySQL (or vice versa), sources of such comparisons, licensing considerations, OD...

Exchange newbie problem
Hi all; A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though they can get there mail just fine. We need to get the messages from this mailbox. Any ideas would be great -- Craig in the High Desert. craig@craignet.com But it's a dry heat. you should be able to reconnec...

newbie
joining the group Hey Newbie where are you from and what versiona re you using? Fliehigh "cthomas23@hotmail.com" wrote: > joining the group > ...

how to add or remove entity to a xml file
could someone tell me how to add or remove entity to a xml file when i dim xmlentity as new xmlentity it's say it's sube new is private thks "terry" <terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA844CFA-2EFD-4E9A-86FC-13CC909201E6@microsoft.com... > could someone tell me how to add or remove entity to a xml file XmlEntity can't be directly instantiated, you have to work through the InternalSubset of the DTD (as represented by the XmlDocumentType class). When you specify the InternalSubset for an XmlDocumentType object that you can create through a...

Real Newbie newbie question
Hi All - I hope you can help me! I have Finepix M603 camera and although I take reasonable shots in daytime, I'm not able to produce anything at night. eg On The Thames on New Years Eve, may people were using digital cameras and their screens should clear bright picture - mine was black! What setting should I set on mine? Any advice really appreciated. --- David Scott Hampshire, England Wrong group. Sorry....... -- --- David Scott Hampshire, England "Dave" <cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:50kuejF1fh28sU1@mid.individual.net... > Hi All - I hope...

Linking Returns
Date Return 1/31/04 2.0% 2/28/04 1.0% 3/31/04 3.0% 4/30/04 -2.5% 5/31/04 4.0% I have a list of 5 years worth of monthly returns or 72 cells with dates and the corresponding return. If I want to take a date range/period, I would like it to link those returns. So in my example above if I type in 2/28/04 - 5/31/04 I would like excel to do the following =((1%+1)*(3%+1)*(-2%+1)*(4%+1)-1)*100 which equals 5.486%. Can this be done with excel? Thank you. ...

eConnect newbie
Hi, I've installed eConnect 7.5 and am planning to use this to read & write xml files to GP can anyone give me samples or examples of how to do this, also my company is planning to upgrade to GP 9 shortly are there major changes between each version? Thanks in advance. JimB If you've installed eConnect, then you have several samples already. They are located in the samples folder underneath the eConnect installation. The changes from 7.5 to 9.0 are fairly minimal. Mostly, there are new xml elements that can be included, but many of those are optional. It's my gue...

MDI newbie ?
I want to add a "reload" command that will close the current(and only) document and reload it again. Here is what I have tried so far: <code> AfxGetMainWnd()->PostMessage(WM_COMMAND, ID_FILE_NEW); while(AfxGetApp()->GetOpenDocumentCount() > 0); AfxGetApp()->OpenDocumentFile(currentFluPath); </code> This doesn't work, because, as I've learned ID_FILE_NEW create just that, a new blank document so count is still 1. I can't figure out what I should check for, how I can know when the ID_FILE_NEW is done so that I can call OpenDocumentFile() Does ...

Run Integration Quicker-Newbie
I am running an integration to import sales orders for invoicing. I use several additional query criteria in IM, but I do not think these criteria are passed to SQL Server 2000. Instead, the records are returned, then the criteria are applied. The integration is taking quite a bit of time to run. Does anyone have an idea on how to pass the criteria to SQL Server, or any other ideas to increase the performance? Thanks. use a SQL Server View "Shannon LeVert" <slevert@aviagen.com> wrote in message news:06c701c46daa$fbad4100$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am running an in...

newbie question about IDE / ADO.net integration
Hi guys, I have made a console application that reads .mdb file. The way I achieved it was using the IDE, it was pretty much automatically, just dragging the mdb file into the idea, writing few sql strings in the wizard, and it generate the adapter,dataset and etc. classes automatically. 2 questions: 1) How is this process/model called ? Is it XSD ? named Datasets ? I want to know when asking questions regarding this, how to refer it in the future. 2) The connection string to the mdb file is in the setting, and I'd like to pass it as a command line argument to my application...

Double My Documents
Windows XP SP3 My drive D has a folder Ersoy Documents and Asaf Documents When I go to Start > My Document I get "Ersoy Document". This is how I set it up. If I go to My Computer in addition to all the drives and Shared Documents folder I also have a folder "Ersoy's Documents". It's contents are identical to My Documents/Ersoy Documents. I can not delete the folder. If I delete any file from it, the file is also deteted from My Documents. If I hover the mouse over it I see the following: "Contains files and folders shared between the user...

Large Documents
Are there any tricks to managing really large documents in word or is there another product that does the job. Manage in what respect? Word can handle single documents of hundreds, even thousands, of pages. To avoid constant repagination when editing very large documents, work in normal (draft) view. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>...

in .NET, how to manipulate xml like this? thanks!
<?xml version="1.0"?> <a:multistatus xmlns:b="urn:uuid:c2f4010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/" xmlns:c="xml:" xmlns:a="DAV:"> <a:response> <a:href>http://????/log.doc</a:href> <a:propstat> ...... they all have prefix, What I had tried is this: xdRequestBody=new XmlDocument(); xdRequestBody.Load(httpRequest.InputStream); XmlNodeList nodeList=xdRequestBody.SelectNodes("/multistatus /response/href/*"); but it returns nothing, what is the right to handle xml like that? Thanks! davidw wrote: > <?xml v...

Newbie here
I'm saving my Visio flowchart as a html page, when hovering over a shape it shows the text and then "undefined". Any help on that would be great! On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:54:01 -0700, Newbie <Newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm saving my Visio flowchart as a html page, when hovering over a shape it >shows the text and then "undefined". > >Any help on that would be great! Which version of Visio and which version of IE (I assume you are using IE to view the pages)? -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Visio Utilities http...