new line in innerText not preserving when xml is opend in Excel

Hi All,
   I need to set innerText of a cell element like "line1\nline2" in XML.
When I open the xml file in Excel new line in that cell is missing.
When I insert new line in cell in Excel using ALT + ENTER and save
it is creating innerText "line1
line2".When I tried to set same value to
innerText in XML from code,
it is converting to "line1\nline2".So I am unable to get the correct cell
information when I open in Excel.
Please help me, how to set new line in the middle of innerText sothat I can
see the line when I open in Excel.
Thanks in advance.
Supriya

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Excel #81
I need to know the importance of excel and what are the uses of excel. Your responce in this matter will be highly appreciated. Regards Qinisile There's lots of information on Excel on the Microsoft site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/FX010858001033.aspx Qinisile Bukhali wrote: > I need to know the importance of excel and what are the > uses of excel. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Opening a unicode CSV file from Excel
Hi, I'm currently working on an application that can export data in "CSV" format, and then launches Excel to view the CSV data. This works perfectly ok for ascii data. However now I have upgraded our application to use Unicode I'm running into problems. When I export data into a unicode CSV file and launch excel with it's path on the command line I get a "This is not a recognized format" message. If the same file is opened manually from Excel the same error is shown but afterwards the text import wizard is displayed (which works ok). Currenly the file is 16 ...

How do I add a line chart to a stacked chart?
I have 3 series as a percent in a stacked chart and would like to plot a line in dollars through the the different stacks for each quarter - any help is appreciated. Sarah plot he dollar amount series as part of the stacked chart on the chart select the new data set and change axis to secondary and got to <chart><chart type> and select the line chart you want. Play with the formating to make it ddo what you want. "smazeika" wrote: > I have 3 series as a percent in a stacked chart and would like to plot a line > in dollars through the the different stacks fo...

How to add up separate periods of time in Excel
Greetings. I am a NYC criminal attorney who uses Excel for a lot of my case-management. I've recently found that formula that allows you to calculate the time between two dates ("=YEAR(I45)-YEAR(R45)- IF(OR(MONTH(I45)<MONTH(R45),AND(MONTH(I45)=MONTH(R45), DAY(I45)<DAY(R45))),1,0)&" years, "&MONTH(I45)- MONTH(R45)+IF(AND(MONTH(I45)<=MONTH(R45),DAY(I45)<DAY(R45)), 11,IF(AND(MONTH(I45)<MONTH(R45),DAY(I45)>=DAY(R45)), 12,IF(AND(MONTH(I45)>MONTH(R45),DAY(I45)<DAY(R45)),-1)))&" months, "&I45-DATE(YEAR(I45),MONTH(I45)-IF(DAY(I45)...

Need Help Adding Line to Bar Graph
Hi, I�m working on a bar graph with 2 series of comparable data � firs series is YTD @ Current Month, second series is Current Month. I woul like to add 2 lines to show the system (or overall) average of bot series. (x-axis=co region; y-axis= score) How do I do this? I do not want a trending line. I just want straight line to show overall average. Right now, I�m just drawing line on the chart but I would like something that will adjust t updated data. Any help is greatly appreciated -- jcstoddar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jcstoddard'...

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

excel spreadsheet #8
I have a 2 sheet excel spread sheet that I put together with varing column widths. On the top 1/4 of the first sheet (of the 2 part spread sheet) I need to have different column widths to insert specific data with different column widths that conflict with the column widths in the balance of spread sheet. How do I seperate the sheet to have the column with at the top 1/4 differ from those on the rest of the sheet? I treied cut & paste within excel, I tried building the top part in word and paste to excel. nothing works. Can this be done? Frank ...

Line Graphs #3
Is there a way to shade the area between two lines in a line graph, while leaving the rest unshaded? Yep, try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart2.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html _______ "SecretaryII" <SecretaryII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96672ABF-085A-4B98-9CA6-2302A9F458B4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to shade...

Make excel run large spreadsheets faster
For those of you who run large spreadsheets with or without VBA, I think everyone will agree they are much too slow ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e1105194-24af-4697-ab5f-b9d62e5140ea&...

New Location/New setup

On Registry Tweaks for WLMail 14x (Quick views & Line wrap)
Now, WLMail 14x was programmed with a solution to help overcome the bug = whereby the Quick views would sometimes break. The solution was to cause = the Quick views to rebuild every five starts of WLMail via the Registry = Key->"Value" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live = Mail->"SearchFolderLaunchesUntilRebuild". This slows down the Start of WLMail for but a few seconds, but the Quick = views database takes many more seconds to completely rebuild, while = using quite high CPU. My first workaround to this annoyance was simply to export the r...

excel #136
I have files in quantrum pro and would like to open them in excel. But they won't popen I'm not familiar with Quantrum Pro. What does it do? "Liz R" wrote: > I have files in quantrum pro and would like to open them in excel. But they > won't popen ...

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Excel drawings with Hyperlink
Hello: I would like to create a hyperlink when a particular serial number is selected in a cell. Is there a way to create small drawings in excel and have those drawings pop up (or via hyperlink) when a given serial number is selected from a cell? I have created drawings in Paint and saved them as JPEG images, but when I select a serial number the Paint editor pops up at full screen with a tiny image. Regards, D.Parker What I have done in the past was insert drawings on the worksheet, hide them, then associate VBA code to unhide the desired drawing (picture) and hide all others. ...

Why is excel 2007 slow when selecting chart data from the formula
Excel 2007 is very slow when selecting chart data from the formula bar. For example 8, X-Y scatter graph curves are generated from data base of approximately 2000 lines long x 2 columns. A convienient way to edit the cell references for each curve is to simply click onto a curve and the cell references will appear in the formula bar. With all earlier versions of excel including 2003, once the curve is clicked the cell reference appears in the formula bar almost instantaneously. However when the same method is used with excel 2007, it can take 10-20 seconds before the formular appears. ...

Adding new pages

tab does not move to adjacent cell in excel