Need Help, Returning DOCTYPE with web service XML

I cannot find how to do this, hopefully someone can help and soon!

I have a web service (in c#) that returns and XML document, but the
Doctype is stripped out on the return and I cannot figure out why.

Here is a striped down demo.

	[WebMethod]
		public XmlDocument cxmlsetup()
		{

				XmlDocument sendxml = new XmlDocument();

				string xmlstring= "" +

					"<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>" +
					"<!DOCTYPE cXML SYSTEM \"http://xml.cxml.org/schemas/cXML/1.2.011/
cXML.dtd\">" +
					"<test>test here</test>";

				sendxml.LoadXml(xmlstring);

				return sendxml;

		}

But when the XML is returned it has the xml line and the test line no
Doctype.  When debugging I see the doctype is listed in the sendxml
object but what can I do to get it to return that with the reset of
the xml via the webservice?!!?

Thanks

missiontrip2007@gmail.com wrote:

> I have a web service (in c#) that returns and XML document, but the
> Doctype is stripped out on the return and I cannot figure out why.

You can make the return type of your web method an XmlDocument but all
the client gets is an XmlElement, the root element of your XML document.
I don't think there is a way to pass the DOCTYPE. Why do you need that?
SOAP/web services build on W3C XML schemas and not on DTDs.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Match value in one column and return value in same row in next col
Hi, I have a a set of values in A1 through A100. I need to look up each value and find a match in another set of values located in C1 through C200. If a match is found then I need the formula located in column B to return the value in the same row but the next column over (D). Example: A B C D 359 375 10012 456 125 10031 125 10031 952 10052 854 444 10017 The formula located in B3 should find that the value of 125 (located in A3) matches the value in C2 and returns 10031 which is the v...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

Need help on this....thanks

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

Problems with carriage return in address field
I've read other feeds on this subject and I'm unable to fix my problem. I've developed a query with a field that concatenates multiple fields, excludes empty strings with Null and introduces carriage returns. Contatenation and carriage returns work, but my Null doesn't (I want all fields to move up if a field is empty). This is what I have so far: Address: ([tbl_Investigator]![Position] & Chr(13)+Chr(10) & [tbl_Investigator]![Address] & IIf(IsNull([tbl_Investigator]![Address]),Null,(Chr(13)+Chr(10)) & [tbl_Investigator]![Address2] & IIf(IsNull([...

I need Help

need help badly

Queue NT Service per SSP
Hello! I have a question regarding the Queue NT Service.We have four SSPs in our environment. When I look into the Task Manager, I can see 5 (1 for the Timer Service and 4 for the SSP). Sometimes it happens that the Queue hungs and we need to restart the service. Ideally, I would like to restart the Queue service only for the SSP where we see that the Queue is not processing, but under SERVICES, there is only one Queue NT Service. It is possible to have a service per SSP, so that we can say "Restart only service for SSP1, or SSP2,..."? Many thanks for you help. Joe...

Returned Mail for messages not sent
I'm getting lots of spam, and some of these seem to be sending acknowledgements to the originator. I get about 20 daily "Mail Returned" messages from the Mail Delivery Subsystem (about 10% of the spam volume), where the e-mail mailbox is closed. I'm downloading message headers and deleting the obvious spam, yet these apparently outgoing messages persist. Any ideas? Thanks. It is someone who has swen who also has your address. Just filter on common words such as virus, inet, ms, corporation, etc. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ke...

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

Need Help Despertly!

CRM 1.2 Security Service Not starting
I have CRM 1.2 and SQL on the same box. When the server is restarted, the CRM Security Service fails to start. I must manually start the service. Any ideas? TIA -RS See TechKnowledge Error "The Microsoft CRM Security Service Failed to Start" During the Microsoft CRM Server Installation When Microsoft CRM and SQL Server 2000 are Installed on the same machine Mounim >-----Original Message----- >I have CRM 1.2 and SQL on the same box. >When the server is restarted, the CRM Security Service fails to start. >I must manually start the service. >Any ideas? >TIA ...

Plug in needed