multiple schemas - one root?

Hi;

How does it work when you have multiple schemas (all except 1 tied to a
unique namespace I assume)? There can only be one root in the xml but each
schema starts from a root element.

Also, is there a good book or website that explains schemas in full?

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

thielen (152)

Hello Dave

As far as I know, <schema> element is the root element of every XML Schema.
<xs:schema>
  <xs:element name="element1">
  </xs:element>
</xs:schema>

Each schema file has it own <xs:schema> element. I'm not sure what your
objective.
Do you mean you want to bind together multiple schemas?

For detailed information about Schemas, I'd like suggest
http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema
http://www.w3schools.com/schema/default.asp

Hope this helps
Sincerely,
Wen Yuan
Microsoft Online Community Support

v-wywang (104)
7/2/2007 12:59:19 PM
"David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> How does it work when you have multiple schemas (all except 1 tied to a
> unique namespace I assume)? There can only be one root in the xml but each
> schema starts from a root element.

David, there is no requirement that each schema must describe an entire
document. Consider that the schema for WSDL documents imports the XML Schema
schema, and in fact allows an <xsd:schema> element inside of its
<wsdl:types> element.

> Also, is there a good book or website that explains schemas in full?

I have used "XML Schema" by Eric van der Vlist, ISBN: 0-596-00252-1
published by O'Reilly in June 2002.
--
John Saunders [MVP]

0
John

Create a list with multiple criteria

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Charting multiple multiples

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Sending to multiple addresses

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

Multiple domains #6

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

show multiple values that add to total in bar graph
Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the color. HELP!!!! Thanks! Hi, Is that not what the stacked column chart does? Cheers Andy Green Goose 89 wrote: > Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that > add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I > want...

IIF / OR
I want the OnPrint of a report to check three fields and run code if any ONE of the conditions is met: Iif ([MyTextOne]=1 OR [MyTextTwo]=2 OR [MyTextThree]=3) Then RunSomeCode Else RunOtherCode I thought of using Select Case and calling procedures as each condition is met: Select Case Me![MyTextOne] Case is = 1 Call Check2 Case else Stop End Select Check2 () Select Case Me![MyTextTwo] Case is = 2 Call Check3 Case else Stop End select Check3 () and so on......... It will work, but gets a bit too long as the test conditions increase. It gets just as long with nested select case or nest...

Localization with multiple string tables
The application has two string tables one for English and the other for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions are different. It seems that CString::LoadString does not load from the correct string table when i choose japanese from my regional settings on the control panel instead it loads english all the time. Is there any settings or configuration that i missed? Need ur help gurus >The application has two string tables one for English and the other >for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions >are different. It seems that CString::L...

Multiple Query questions
I'm trying to query a database of beach rentals and need a query with more than 2 bedrooms, that rents for less than 1,000. When i put both criteria in, it only registers one of them. I also need to create a query for the highest and lowest weekly rate but when I select Min or Max or doesn't show me anything. Show us the SQL. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View and copy and past it here. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Jackie" wrote: > I'm trying...

Multiplication of multiple cells
I am trying to put my school dinner register on excel. I need to be able to work out how much money is due by adding the number of meals ordered (involving more than one cell) and then multiplying that number by the cost of the meal e.g. £1.60 How can I do this? how about =sum(a1...a17)*1.60 where a1 through a17 represents the number of dinners and 1.60 is the price you are mentioning... "Littlecharmer" <Littlecharmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:204DFC78-1258-473C-B180-C431A2067A3B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to put my school dinner regi...

Outlook 2002 message being sent multiple times
Outlook 2002 (XP) E-mail messages not making thier way to "sent items". They are being sent multiple times (irritates recipients and I can't tell if the message gets sent at all, or multiple times). During the "send / Recieve" process, about every minute outlook goes through another "send" routine even though the last one may not be complete and w/o me directing it. I think I have the settings correct, but perhaps not. Any ideas? .. Hi, Goto the properties ofthe account and then remove the check mark next to "Leave a copy of the message on t...

Multiple files
I have six files. Each one with 65535 lines. The most excell will hold per sheet. What I need to do is to load all six files into one workbook with each file being in its own sheet. How do I do this? Thanks. Clayton, Easiest way is probably to open the files and Copy the worksheets to the same workbook. Right click on the worksheet tab and select Move Or Copy, select the Copy option then select New Workbook for the first one and since that should be Book1, select Book1 for the remainder. While I can't say for sure, it would seem that the workbook will be slow to calculate and it may...

view multiple files in multiple windows on multiple screens.
I have two monitors and like to have two documents open and maximized at the same time to compate and what not. I can do this in Word but not in Excel nor Powerpoint. "Windows in the Taskbar" doens't do this. It's got to be an option or something. I was able to do this in Excel in the past. I don't use multiple monitors. But there have been a few posts that starting separate instances of excel will do what you want. To be able to start a second instance, you can create a new shortcut on your desktop that points to excel.exe. Then use file|open to open any workb...

Select list box entries in multiple rows?
I have an inventory spreadsheet that consists of several columns of information used to assess the condition of equipment. Each row represents an identified defect in a piece of equipment. In the column 'DefectType' I want to be able to pick from a list of standard defect types (e.g. broken, torn, bent, etc) for each row item. I could create a ListBox in the cell under DefectType column for each row, but that looks pretty ugly and I'd have to do that everytime I created a new row entry for each new defect found. It would be easier to type it, but then I might lose my ...

Append multiple files
I have the same demographic information in separate files from 10 different states. I need to create a super list append the file content into one file so I can create a mail list. How do I append 10 different excel files with demographic information into one list? I am using Office 2007. Mark S If you wanted a VBA solution, this code will take all of the workbooks in a given folder and put them together into one worksheet in a new workbook called "merged.xls" which is placed on your desktop. Simply create a folder on your desktop called "merged" and place all of ...